17307 --------------------------------------17308
Southern ------------------------------------------MVFC
Record: 9-3 ---------------------------------------Record: 11-1

FCS Quarterfinals
Fargo, North Dakota
Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome
Saturday, December 8th
2:00pm CST

Thoughts and discussions on this game. Should be a whale of a game.

Discuss...

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2012, 07:15 PM
Wofford's defense will keep this game competitive as long as we're healthy. Offense can't make the mistakes they made today.

Hopefully Alvin will be healthy to play, if so, our defense should be at full power.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 1st, 2012, 07:16 PM
NDSU will win but it won't be nearly as easy as a lot of Bison fans probably think it will be.

woffordgrad94
December 1st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Wofford will not be able to stay healthy enough to have a chance to win in Fargo. Even at full strength it would be a long shot. Just calling it like I see it.

BisonBabe
December 1st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Any Wofford fans planning on making the trip up to Fargo? Would love to have a chance to meet some of you folks.

Bison56
December 1st, 2012, 07:18 PM
Looking forward to another good game. It should be low scoring unless one team gets the case of the turnovers.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 07:18 PM
NDSU will win but it won't be nearly as easy as a lot of Bison fans probably think it will be.

It's never easy, the Bison just make it look that way.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 07:19 PM
Has anyone rushed for more than 100 yards on the Bison this year?

BisonBohl
December 1st, 2012, 07:19 PM
Wofford fans, how big is yall's stadium, what kind of crowd do you usually get?

woffordgrad94
December 1st, 2012, 07:20 PM
I sure would like to meet you, Bison Babe. I love ladies who love football! Unfortunately, I'm still doing the power plant outages thing so I can't make it.

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2012, 07:20 PM
Wofford will not be able to stay healthy enough to have a chance to win in Fargo. Even at full strength it would be a long shot. Just calling it like I see it.

xrolleyesx

Bisonwinagn
December 1st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Probably low scoring. I'll say 20 -10 Bison.

DJKyR0
December 1st, 2012, 07:25 PM
Running a triple option on NDSU isn't easy.

- Signed, Georgia Southern.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 07:25 PM
Has anyone rushed for more than 100 yards on the Bison this year?

I think Shakir Bell came the closest with 96 yds

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2012, 07:26 PM
Yeah, no way we get as many yards as we did this week. No disagreement there.

blueballs
December 1st, 2012, 07:30 PM
This will be a low scoring slugfest. Wofford is strong defensively. What they aren't is fast offensively and that will be the achilles heel for them. NSDU will be favored but they have their hands more than full.

Bisonwinagn
December 1st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Can someone describe the Wofford Defense? Strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM
Can someone describe the Wofford Defense? Strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Our strengths are that we play good run defense, have a great pass rush, defend the screen pass well, and we don't let the deep ball kill us.

Our weakness is when you throw the ball in the middle of the field, at about 10-15 yards down field.

woffordgrad94
December 1st, 2012, 07:36 PM
If Wofford wins it will be due to a huge game by EB, tremendous Wofford defense, and some key Bison turnovers and penalties. Without all 3 of those things NDSU will advance.

GATA_Eagles
December 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM
Hoping Wofford wins and we take out Old Dominion. I'd love to host you guys again one more time in Paulson.

I can dream, right?

Terrierforlife
December 1st, 2012, 07:46 PM
Look forward to watching the Terriers play the defending champs at their place. I've been curious for some time. Should be a good one.

GaSouthern
December 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM
I hope Wofford figures out how to communicate with sign language quick! Good luck and rep the SoCon well!

wofford92
December 1st, 2012, 07:52 PM
NDSU is great in the dome... we will have to bring it. Wofford should be ready for this, get some quality QB play, maybe we can steal a win.
Checking ticket info now.

Saint3333
December 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM
If NDSU doesn't lose the turnover battle by more than 1 they should win. Rush defense.

Bison56
December 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM
I hope Wofford figures out how to communicate with sign language quick! Good luck and rep the SoCon well!

xlolx

walliver
December 1st, 2012, 08:04 PM
Hoping Wofford wins and we take out Old Dominion. I'd love to host you guys again one more time in Paulson.

I can dream, right?

Y'all did put in a bid for the game this time?

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2012, 08:06 PM
Had a great time with some Wofford fans last year.

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 08:35 PM
NDSU is great in the dome... we will have to bring it. Wofford should be ready for this, get some quality QB play, maybe we can steal a win.
Checking ticket info now.

Look at either GSP or CLT to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) and then rent a car and roll up I-94 in 4 hours to Fargo...probably save you about $150 on the flight.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM
Look at either GSP or CLT to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) and then rent a car and roll up I-94 in 4 hours to Fargo...probably save you about $150 on the flight.

That's how we go back home all the time, well from Columbus, anyway.

dungeonjoe
December 1st, 2012, 08:42 PM
I am guessing the game day and time will be released tomorrow?

GATA_Eagles
December 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
Y'all did put in a bid for the game this time?

We're seeded and Sam Baker is out as AD. I don't think we'll have to worry about that this year :D

DJKyR0
December 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM

Later tonight. Perhaps as early as an hour from now we'll know.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 08:46 PM
Great run offense against great run defense. What more could you ask for. Should be a great matchup.

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2012, 08:49 PM
Hey go Bison!!

Bisonator
December 1st, 2012, 08:52 PM
I don't see a one dimensional team faring too well against NDSU. Anything can happen, but I think NDSU wins this one fairly convincingly.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 08:53 PM
I don't see a one dimensional team faring too well against NDSU. Anything can happen, but I think NDSU wins this one fairly convincingly.

See Lehigh in this round last year.

BisonBohl
December 1st, 2012, 08:58 PM

Will most likely be Saturday afternoon game.

Griz0383
December 1st, 2012, 08:59 PM
I hate this matchup! Wofford can drive great teams crazy. I believe NDSU will contain the option but if the offense doesn't score early then Tic Toc watch the clock, wofford is magic at making the clock disappear! Go Bison!

walliver
December 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM
Hopefully we will be healthy. We are primarily playing a third-string walk-on QB (actually on academic scholarship), and back-up place-kicker (although he can run the ball :)) Mike Ayers held out a lot of players in the second half, which I think was dangerous against a team like UNH, and hopefully we will be full strength next week.

Wofford is a TO team, but runs the offense differently from most TO teams, it is basically 1/3 wingbone, 1/3 Oregon style, and 1/3 Woody Hayes 3 yards and a cloud of dust. If we can keep it close we have a chance to make something happen at the end.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2012, 09:22 PM

This here.

A 1-dimensional team is not going to come into the FD and win.

ngineer
December 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Head picking Bison, but heart with Wofford--carrying the torch for all the 'small private schools'. I suspect a low scoring, field positon game with he over under between 24 and 31. Should be a slobberknocker.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 09:27 PM
There is absolutely no way NDSU can keep up with that SOCON speed...no way. :D

Hammerhead
December 1st, 2012, 09:31 PM
So does NDSU, The NCAA web site is having problems now, but I'm pretty sure they showed a graphic on TV today showing NDSU #1 in time of possesion along with several defensive categories.

I hate this matchup! Wofford can drive great teams crazy. I believe NDSU will contain the option but if the offense doesn't score early then Tic Toc watch the clock, wofford is magic at making the clock disappear! Go Bison!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 09:32 PM
So does NDSU, The NCAA web site is having problems now, but I'm pretty sure they showed a graphic on TV today showing NDSU #1 in time of possesion along with several defensive categories.

35:02 TOP average for the season.

Griz0383
December 1st, 2012, 09:43 PM
I remember saying that in 2008 when wofford took out Montana! The option is the devil!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2012, 09:44 PM
I remember saying that in 2008 when wofford took out Montana! The option is the devil!

Bring them on.

I'll take our #1 defense in this one.

Griz0383
December 1st, 2012, 09:57 PM
I take the #1 defense to win but, Wofford has played many great deffenses and if they get rolling tic toc! Go Bison!

X-Factor
December 1st, 2012, 10:01 PM
This will be a very low scoring game. Two really good defenses.

BisonBohl
December 1st, 2012, 10:17 PM
Game time is Set:

UPDATE: NDSU vs. Wofford, Sat., Dec. 8 at 2pm. Gate City Bank Field at Fargodome. TV coverage on http://espn3.com and ESPN Game Plan.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 10:24 PM

Oh God, where's Lakes. xlolx

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 10:26 PM
A strong showing against Wofford's triple-option scheme will be very beneficial should GaSo pull off the upset of ODU next weekend. Wofford's offensive attack is not quite as fast as GaSo's and our defense will be able to maintain the same scheme for 2 straight games. I, for one, will also be pulling for GaSo, Illinois St., & Montana St. this weekend

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 1st, 2012, 10:28 PM
So what's the story on Kass? Is he going to be able to play?

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 10:29 PM

Great tongue-in-cheek!! xthumbsupx From what I've heard from living here in SoCon country, isn't Wofford the "slowest" team that runs the Triple Option in your conference?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 1st, 2012, 10:38 PM
Great tongue-in-cheek!! xthumbsupx From what I've heard from living here in SoCon country, isn't Wofford the "slowest" team that runs the Triple Option in your conference?

They are slower than GSU, which isn't saying much.

They definitely execute better and make fewer mistakes.

BisonBohl
December 1st, 2012, 10:44 PM
Brock Jensen did occur a sprained wrist on his non-throwing hand today but plans to tape it up and go next weekend.

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 10:46 PM
They are slower than GSU, which isn't saying much.

They definitely execute better and make fewer mistakes.

I had heard that as well. Do you see this game as a probable repeat of last year's semifinal or do they have a few wrinkles that could make a key difference? (Just trying to analyze based on recent Bison games vs. TO teams & that you're a SoCon opponent, not start a pissing match).

bullitt_60
December 1st, 2012, 10:48 PM
Wofford is a smart, well coached, and disciplined team. If you screw up, they will beat you. I think the Bison at home will be too much for the lap dogs.

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2012, 11:10 PM
So what's the story on Kass? Is he going to be able to play?

Here's the deal:

Kass has a hip-pointer. He ran the ball twice today for 36 yards and was slow to get up after a hit on a 30 yard run, however he tried to get in a few times after that and was clearly frustrated that Ayers wouldn't let him. With that said, after watching the game again, it's clear that we go conservative after going up 23-7 as our defense was playing lights out.

Kass and Weimer should be good to go next week and I think Kass will start. IMO Weimer is probably the best of the three as he is deceptively fast, but since App State he's been down with a knee injury. He played for one play against USC, but his injury was somewhat bothered. He didn't play today, but I think he will be able to next week if need, as Ayers said after USC that he should be fine for today.

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
I had heard that as well. Do you see this game as a probable repeat of last year's semifinal or do they have a few wrinkles that could make a key difference? (Just trying to analyze based on recent Bison games vs. TO teams & that you're a SoCon opponent, not start a pissing match).

Wofford triple option =/= GSU triple option

Wofford runs a lot more out of the shotgun, pistol, etc. We're basically a multiple-set option team whilest GSU is strictly from the wing t.

I think it could go either way. Wofford's defense is REALLY good, but after today a tad banged up (though not banged up enough to have any players out next week).

our offense, if we don't turn the ball over, can cause some major fits for other teams who aren't used to playing the option.

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Wofford is a smart, well coached, and disciplined team. If you screw up, they will beat you. I think the Bison at home will be too much for the lap dogs.

Is Wofford really designed to be this one-dimensional? #121 (last in FCS) in Passing Offense & #2 in Rushing Offense. Does their QB have any kind of an arm?

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 11:31 PM
Is Wofford really designed to be this one-dimensional? #121 (last in FCS) in Passing Offense & #2 in Rushing Offense. Does their QB have any kind of an arm?

They run run run run and you put 11 in the box and then there is a wide open pass play for a 90 yard td.

BisonBohl
December 2nd, 2012, 12:14 AM
They run run run run and you put 11 in the box and then there is a wide open pass play for a 90 yard td.

What if you play disciplined sound gap defense?

Wofford loves to run run run. They had 11 different people run the ball today and only attemted 6 passes today. They will present a unique challenge but I expect our defense to solve the puzzle, they always seem to.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 01:07 AM

In a nutshell: Yes.

The pitch is our pass game and if we play that aspect of the game poorly, so do we.

bullitt_60
December 2nd, 2012, 01:15 AM
Wofford triple option =/= GSU triple option

Wofford runs a lot more out of the shotgun, pistol, etc. We're basically a multiple-set option team whilest GSU is strictly from the wing t.

I think it could go either way. Wofford's defense is REALLY good, but after today a tad banged up (though not banged up enough to have any players out next week).

our offense, if we don't turn the ball over, can cause some major fits for other teams who aren't used to playing the option.

I disagree... I'd say we run 40% of our plays out of the pistol ("flex pistol").

bullitt_60
December 2nd, 2012, 01:21 AM

Wofford, like most TO teams, is not set up to pass and maybe more so than other TO teams.

They're a cool school and it's hard not to like them. Given their academic requirements and the small size of the school (1500?) makes their football accomplishments all the more impressive.

Hammerhead
December 2nd, 2012, 01:30 AM
Going by the rushing defense per game stats:
Wofford is 4-2 against the top 100 teams in the FCS with both loses at away games.

The toughest rushing defense they faced in the FCS was GSU (Wofford lost that game) who gives up 130 ypg compared to just 67 for NDSU.

frozennorth
December 2nd, 2012, 01:41 AM
cupcake week.

MarkyMark
December 2nd, 2012, 02:31 AM

So Wofford has a well discplined but slow running offense that rarely passes the ball? This is not going to be close, Bison 28 - Wofford 10.

344Johnson
December 2nd, 2012, 02:40 AM
NDSU - 28
Woff - 14

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 02:41 AM
Stat of the game vs SDSU

Time of Possession

22:06 SDSU

37:54 NDSU

vs UNH

Time of Possession

24:33 UNH

35:27 Wofford

It will be interesting to see who wins the TOP battle.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 03:14 AM
Pleeeease consider Wofford a cupcake, or just like another team you played. Pleeeease convince yourself based on SoCon stats that Wofford can be dismissed.

I wish I had a nickel for every time some whippersnapper on AGS said that about Wofford. More often than not, their team winds up hit in the mouth with a "not supposed to happen" loss or a victory that is earned after a hard fought game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 06:34 AM
Pleeeease consider Wofford a cupcake, or just like another team you played. Pleeeease convince yourself based on SoCon stats that Wofford can be dismissed.

I wish I had a nickel for every time some whippersnapper on AGS said that about Wofford. More often than not, their team winds up hit in the mouth with a "not supposed to happen" loss or a victory that is earned after a hard fought game.

While I'm sure he was trying to be funny, this isn't going to be one of those games. You have never seen a defense as good as this. The TO is just another offensive scheme that this team has turned away.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
Wofford's defense will keep this game competitive as long as we're healthy. Offense can't make the mistakes they made today.

Hopefully Alvin will be healthy to play, if so, our defense should be at full power.

looking at a low scoring D dominated football game, it's not like the NDSU offense is gonna scare Wofford.

NDSUBowler
December 2nd, 2012, 06:42 AM

Because if a Bison fan calls a team a cupcake, it means the TEAM won't be prepared.

Based off NDSU's gameplan versus GSU last year, you should know it will be a tough time for Wofford to scheme against NDSU's D.

I think, as of right now, NDSU has the right to feel confident in their ability to stop Wofford's run game...I don't blame our fans for being confident our team will be able to scheme it.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Because if a Bison fan calls a team a cupcake, it means the TEAM won't be prepared.

Based off NDSU's gameplan versus GSU last year, you should know it will be a tough time for Wofford to scheme against NDSU's D.

I think, as of right now, NDSU has the right to feel confident in their ability to stop Wofford's run game...I don't blame our fans for being confident our team will be able to scheme it.

#20 is out right? he made a big difference last year against GeoSo

woffordgrad94
December 2nd, 2012, 06:45 AM
Any team that qualifies for the playoffs is not a cupcake, and only a totally stupid-*** douchebag would think otherwise.

NDSUBowler
December 2nd, 2012, 06:47 AM
Sigh, yeah, Heagle is out for the year. Interesting to see if anyone can step up and fill his shoes against the TO.

NDSUBowler
December 2nd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Any team that qualifies for the playoffs is not a cupcake, and only a totally stupid-*** douchebag would think otherwise.
I don't disagree with you there. Well...maybe not so eloquently as you put it...but yeah.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2012, 06:51 AM
Wofford dominated UNH yesterday on both sides of the ball much more so than the score would indicate, Wofford will have a good shot at taking the Bizon out early

semobison
December 2nd, 2012, 06:54 AM
cupcake week.

WTF, this is the quarters! Even if you feel that way keep it to yourself...knucklehead post of the week!

AmsterBison
December 2nd, 2012, 06:55 AM
Been waiting to see Wofford and NDSU to play since the D2 days so this will be cool. Doesn't NDSU get into some recruiting battles with Wofford (mostly in basketball?) There are three Minnesotans on the Wofford football roster: Drake Michaelson, Phifer Nicholson, and Zach Muller.

Anyway, it'll be tough to prepare for Wofford's option.

NDSUBowler
December 2nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
NDSU will have to find a way to score against Wofford's pretty-stout run D quick because I don't know if they want to be relying on catching up through the air. With a good TOP team like Wofford, we will need to not fall behind early because then Wofford will just chew up clock and leave us scrambling for points.

I feel like that will be the best chance for Wofford to pull off the upset.

SC-T-Dogg
December 2nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
While I'm sure he was trying to be funny, this isn't going to be one of those games. You have never seen a defense as good as this. The TO is just another offensive scheme that this team has turned away.

Never a defense as good as NDSU, I guess the University of SC has a defense that does not compare? I want what he is having!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
So Wofford has a well discplined but slow running offense that rarely passes the ball? This is not going to be close, Bison 28 - Wofford 10.

A 1-dimensional team is not going to come into the FD and win.

I was more worried about SDSU.

NDSU will win by 2-3 TDs....period.

Our O-line dominated GSU last year and will do the same against Wofford.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
Never a defense as good as NDSU, I guess the University of SC has a defense that does not compare? I want what he is having!

Do we have another buttBama on our hands?

NDSUBowler
December 2nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
I am sorry, I should have clarified 'FCS defense'

How many did you score on the better defense of South Carolina? And before you get into 'oh we outgained them and put up 330 yards', know that GSU used that same reasoning last year when they put up 21 pts and 300+ on the ground vs Alabama.

Just some food for thought...so you can have what I am having.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Wow, were y'all so cocky before you played Indiana State?

CID1990
December 2nd, 2012, 08:12 AM
If Wofford treats the Bison like they did the Limpcocks the Terriers will be in this game with 1-1 odds at winning. Breitenstein needs a good day, though.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 08:15 AM
For some bison fans, it is unthinkable that Wofford will win. If the unthinkable happens, please stay away from sharp objects, high places, and guns.

NDSUBowler
December 2nd, 2012, 08:15 AM
What cockiness are you speaking of? Is it us being proud of our #1 defense? That, in my humble opinion, gives us a reason to be proud...cocky sounds so...idk...conceited.

W/R/T ISUb, I am pretty sure NDSU's defense still did an above-average job for the game. I am not speaking about NDSU's offensive woes (in fact I am pretty sure I said I am worried about how NDSU is going to fare vs Wofford's above avg run D).

I don't know if your post is directed at me in any way...but lol if it is.

Bison06
December 2nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
I am sure all the Wofford fans will take offense to this, but I see a 3-4 score win in this one. Wofford's offense in definitely solid, but plays right into the strength of our defense. Our defense is far too disciplined to be beat by a one dimensional attack. I am hoping to make it up to the game this weekend so I get to see this one in person. Should be fun.

marenlee
December 2nd, 2012, 08:37 AM

Bison did lose, however the Sycamores scored their 2 touchdowns on pick 6's. Even with the 4 pick 6's Brock Jensen has thrown this season the Bison D is giving up 11 points a game. Take away those pick 6's and the Bison D is really only allowing 8 points a game. xeekx Minus 2 out of 3 of their best defensive players (Heagle, Perry)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 08:41 AM

Ah, yes. Focus on the 1 loss and not the 11 wins. A favorite of all who have to play the Bison. This same tactic was used by Lehigh fans last year in the same round. In the last 3 years, the Bison are 20-3 in the Fargodome.

That's one loss a year, and it already happened.

68ndsuBISONfan
December 2nd, 2012, 08:45 AM
17307 --------------------------------------17308
Southern ------------------------------------------MVFC
Record: 9-3 ---------------------------------------Record: 11-1

FCS Quarterfinals
Fargo, North Dakota
Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome
Saturday, December 8th
2:00pm CST

Thoughts and discussions on this game. Should be a whale of a game.

Discuss...

We thought the SDSU and NDSU game would be a whale of a game too. What happened to Zenner and the girls. Did they forget to get on the bus at Brookings?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 08:48 AM
For some bison fans, it is unthinkable that Wofford will win. If the unthinkable happens, please stay away from sharp objects, high places, and guns.

Unthinkable?? Sure Wofford could come into the FD and win. But the chances are pretty slim, IMO. You have a very 1-dimensional team that our defense matches up pretty well against. Our front 7 is the best in the FCS and they only give up 67 rushing yards/game. Both safeties are very good in run support....so tell me why we shouldn't feel confident. Oh ya, our defense is ranked #1 in 6 defensive categories. We have given up a total of 30 points in our last 5 playoff games. The 'vaunted' GSU triple-option scored 7 points last year. But I suppose we should be saying Wofford is going to come into the FD and run for 400 + yards and kill us.....

No way your FB gets 100 on our defense. UNH is no NDSU. SDSU's Zenner was a 2000 yard rusher this year and had 90 yards in 2 games against us.

It is going to definitely be an interesting match-up but one that doesn't bode well for Wofford. Well see come saturday.

68ndsuBISONfan
December 2nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Wofford fans, how big is yall's stadium, what kind of crowd do you usually get?

Outdoor stadium. Gibbs Field. It seats roughly 13,000. Average attendance is about 9,000 per game.

stevdock
December 2nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
I do think Wofford's offense will get the ball in the end zone due to their style of offense. BUT until someone actually gets the ball in the end zone against our defense twice in one game, I will not believe it. This defense is playing at such a high level and so consistently that they may and probably should go down as the best defense in Bison history.

SC-T-Dogg
December 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
I am sorry, I should have clarified 'FCS defense'

How many did you score on the better defense of South Carolina? And before you get into 'oh we outgained them and put up 330 yards', know that GSU used that same reasoning last year when they put up 21 pts and 300+ on the ground vs Alabama.

Just some food for thought...so you can have what I am having.

Glad you clarified, that sounds a little more intelligent. I think I will stick with what I am having. It seems more rooted in reality.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Glad you clarified, that sounds a little more intelligent. I think I will stick with what I am having. It seems more rooted in reality.

Believe what you want. It has yet to be proven.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2012, 09:53 AM
My biggest concern is Wofford's defense. Then only gave up 24 points to South Carolina. The are 12th in total defense, Indy St is 14th. SDSU was also #3. NDSU needs to keep the turnovers down to win.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 2nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing what Wofford's vaunted rushing game can do against NDSU. Honestly, I bet people outside of the Valley are going to be shocked when they watch their option get stuffed. This Bison front 7 is a brick wall - almost literally. I'm sure Wofford will get a few decent runs and maybe score a couple times, but in the end, there is no way NDSU will lose this game.

NDSU - 27
WOF - 13

68ndsuBISONfan
December 2nd, 2012, 10:00 AM

Wow. Hey Buddy. Did your beloved Wofford Terriers loose any games this year, or did you skate through with a perfect season. Let me check, nope. You guys lost a few games this season too. And we lost ONE hard fought game, by a field goal. But, this is the playoffs baby, and the Bison are one tough team to beat this time of the year, in the Fargo Dome, with the 12th man, in the stands. NDSU is not New Hampshire, not by a very long shot. And we certainly are not some two bit piss ant Lincoln University, that you guys crushed 82 to 0, nothing like running up the score by the way. So when you come to Fargo on Saturday, buckle up and bring your ear plugs, cause barring turnovers, its going to be one hell of a loud and bumpy ride. Welcome to Fargo.

68ndsuBISONfan
December 2nd, 2012, 10:06 AM

Yea he is. But his back up is doing a pretty good job too. Remember the Bison are 2 or 3 deep at every position.

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Any Wofford fans planning on making the trip up to Fargo? Would love to have a chance to meet some of you folks.

I sure would like to meet you, Bison Babe. I love ladies who love football! Unfortunately, I'm still doing the power plant outages thing so I can't make it.

Woffordgrad94 ~ too bad you can't make it up for the game.

As for the rest of you Wofford folks the invite is still out there. I figure I will be going out to one of the bars on Friday night to watch the SHSU @ MSU game. Or get together on Saturday morning for some tailgating. In the end we are all fans of our respective institutions and get the pleasure of watching our teams fight it out on the field. On any given Saturday anything can happen. This is the best time of the year for us football fans. I am pretty sure that both our teams will come in well prepared but the one thing that could be a major factor is the noise level in the Dome come game time. It gets crazy loud and not just on third down but when our boys are on the field you could hear a pin drop.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing what Wofford's vaunted rushing game can do against NDSU. Honestly, I bet people outside of the Valley are going to be shocked when they watch their option get stuffed. This Bison front 7 is a brick wall - almost literally. I'm sure Wofford will get a few decent runs and maybe score a couple times, but in the end, there is no way NDSU will lose this game.

NDSU - 27
WOF - 13

Thats what a am hoping for.xthumbsupx

I think the best chance to score for both teams will be on there first drives after that the D's will settle in. Love to watch smash mouth football!

robsnotes4u
December 2nd, 2012, 10:11 AM

Good words there, and it is an easy drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Good words there, and it is an easy drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Best to avoid the Friday afternoon rush hour in the Twin Cities though. Starts around 3pm.

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2012, 11:24 AM

You haven't been paying attention they were this cocky when they moved up from D2.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
I think some NDSU fans are patting themselves on the back a bit too much for how they defended GSU's offense last year. Georgia Southern had 333 yards of offense. That really isn't an overly great game by the offense or the defense. And that takes into consideration GSU basically playing hurry-up, desperation-mode offense for the entire fourth quarter after we were stopped on fourth and goal. Three SoCon teams held us to fewer yards than NDSU did.

Like I have said before, the difference between semi-final and championship teams is often that the latter generally executes better and makes fewer critical mistakes. It usually isn't because one team makes more big plays than the other. Let's not forget that UNI had a highly-touted defense last year and Wofford gashed them.

I can see Wofford making critical mistakes like they did against UNI lsat year and getting blown out. But by and large they are more reliable and consistent than GSU and I think it'll be a good game.

Hamburgers: 27
Ankle-Biters: 21

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
I actually put this in my bracket as 28-0 NDSU. Might go like the SDSU game with a field goal.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
I think some NDSU fans are patting themselves on the back a bit too much for how they defended GSU's offense last year. Georgia Southern had 333 yards of offense. That really isn't an overly great game by the offense or the defense. And that takes into consideration GSU basically playing hurry-up, desperation-mode offense for the entire fourth quarter after we were stopped on fourth and goal. Three SoCon teams held us to fewer yards than NDSU did.

Like I have said before, the difference between semi-final and championship teams is often that the latter generally executes better and makes fewer critical mistakes. It usually isn't because one team makes more big plays than the other. Let's not forget that UNI had a highly-touted defense last year and Wofford gashed them.

I can see Wofford making critical mistakes like they did against UNI lsat year and getting blown out. But by and large they are more reliable and consistent than GSU and I think it'll be a good game.

Tearing the ball from your hands inches from the goal line is a big play.

The Quarterback with turf toe and the flu rushing for a 55 yard TD is a big play.

Bison06
December 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM

Don't revise history, there were plenty of GSU fans that said they had never seen a team shut down the TO the way NDSU did in that playoff game. It's fun to look back at stats and make assumptions, but people who watched the game know the truth.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
Don't revise history, there were plenty of GSU fans that said they had never seen a team shut down the TO the way NDSU did in that playoff game. It's fun to look back at stats and make assumptions, but people who watched the game know the truth.

Here is the drive chart for GSU

11:30 1 02:57 GASO 10 5 8 Punt
05:40 1 00:05 GASO 20 1 -3 Fumble
04:45 1 06:39 GASO 25 12 42 Turnover on Downs
10:48 2 06:50 GASO 17 13 83 Rushing Touchdown
01:38 2 01:38 GASO 30 8 47 Turnover on Downs
15:00 3 03:59 GASO 34 8 63 Fumble
05:53 3 01:34 GASO 32 3 7 Punt
03:16 3 04:22 GASO 34 9 58 Turnover on Downs
07:45 4 02:06 GASO 40 6 19 Fumble
00:39 4 00:39 GASO 37 3 4 End of Half

That seems like a pretty good defense to me.

FCS_pwns_FBS

Of course, it's always better to take a superficial look and not break everything down number-by-number.

Anyone who says that have never seen the offense shut down like that obviously didn't watch the App. State game last year (we only got 17 points because of a good punt return and other miscues by App. State) or the second half of last year's UTC game or last year's Citadel game. And the latter two were not played in the ear-splitting noise of a dome.

Bison56

All that matters is whats on the scoreboard.

steelr7
I just wanted to remind everyone that 2011 Georgia Southern is not the same thing as 2012 Wofford. Just sayin'

Snowgoose
December 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=FCS_pwns_FBS;1906971]I think some NDSU fans are patting themselves on the back a bit too much for how they defended GSU's offense last year. Georgia Southern had 333 yards of offense. That really isn't an overly great game by the offense or the defense. And that takes into consideration GSU basically playing hurry-up, desperation-mode offense for the entire fourth quarter after we were stopped on fourth and goal. Three SoCon teams held us to fewer yards than NDSU did.

I can see Wofford making critical mistakes like they did against UNI lsat year and getting blown out. But by and large they are more reliable and consistent than GSU and I think it'll be

I actually agree with u as an NDSU fan as the GSU game was closer than the score indicated and when teams are close the game does come down to a few plays which it did. This years team is very similar to last years team even though we have lost two great defensive players to ACL injuries. It is unreal how the next person just steps in and nothing seems to change. My only worry is that the later u get in the playoffs the more dinged up we get the more our defense might finally get exposed.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 2nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
All that matters is whats on the scoreboard.

Yes, that is why I make the comment about the difference between semi final teams and championship teams. I'm just saying anyone who thinks the difference maker in that game was that GSU's offensive scheme just won't work against "disciplined" defenses is kidding themselves. It's not like no one was able to stop us before that game.

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2012, 11:47 AM

1999 vs. App, that is the truth.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Well forgive me if I don't believe until I see it happen. There is a lot of talk out here about this and that but nothing proven so far.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
If the Bison show up to this football game and play Bison football, I believe that we will win. Our defense is just too good against 1 dimensional teams. Bring on the competition, we're used to it. Playoff football is what the Bison fans and team crave.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Goooooooddddd :)

You know, I'm of the opinion that to an extent, the viewpoints of fans slightly reflect the mindset of the players, or at least makes a slight impact. Regardless if that's a "true opinion" or not (the point of this post is not to contest it) I find it funny that people are picking NDSU to win by margins far greater than they beat sub par or average MVC teams.

This year's game has very little to do with last year's game against GSU. Sure, we can probably get an idea that NDSU is very much capable of defending the option based off of that game, but the tendencies, personnel, playcalling, and a variety of other factors are much much different than last year.

There have been times when an option team has come out and laid a total egg one year against a certain team, and then the next year has been pretty competitive or borderline dominant (think Wofford vs App State in 2010 and how Wofford has handled ASU pretty well since then).

Also, I find it odd that everyone is talking about how great NDSU's defense is and that that will mean they will shut down Wofford, but they totally neglect Wofford's stupendous defense. Wofford's defense has only allowed 166 points in 12 games, including USC. That translates to roughly 14 points a game. Let's not forget that we also shut out a very good UNH offense last week. Let's also remember that NDSU likes to run the ball first, and Wofford is very good at defending that. I understand that "But Bama" arguments aren't really valid when discussing the potency of the TO, but I think defensively, a "But USC" argument can be made. We held an SEC offense to under 300 yards and sacked their QB 4 times (we knocked him out of the next game).

Let's also not forget that Socon is probably a more offensive conference than the MVC, so Wofford's defense doing so well (being top 20 in total defense) is a promising statistic.

Wofford could lose this game. We're clearly the underdog. We should have scored a lot more points yesterday, but we made a lot of mistakes in the first half and got real conservative in the second half. Normally the lack of points + the mistakes would worry me a bit, but our defense plays well enough to keep us in ball games. Granted, we may not keep teams under 300 yards every single game, but when push comes to shove our defense has pulled through for us.

Bison06
December 2nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Of course, it's always better to take a superficial look and not break everything down number-by-number.

Anyone who says that have never seen the offense shut down like that obviously didn't watch the App. State game last year (we only got 17 points because of a good punt return and other miscues by App. State) or the second half of last year's UTC game or last year's Citadel game. And the latter two were not played in the ear-splitting noise of a dome.

Don't take my word for it.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102839-NDSU-vs-Georgia-Southern-Semifinals/page274

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Don't take my word for it.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102839-NDSU-vs-Georgia-Southern-Semifinals/page274

Dude....that was a William and Mary fan saying that.....not exactly an expert on option football, or GSU for that matter.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Ah, yes. Focus on the 1 loss and not the 11 wins. A favorite of all who have to play the Bison. This same tactic was used by Lehigh fans last year in the same round. In the last 3 years, the Bison are 20-3 in the Fargodome.

That's one loss a year, and it already happened.
Ah yes, focus on the teams you played last year. A favorite of all who have to play the terriers. That same tactic was used by Montana fans a few years ago and UNH last week. In the years since moving into the SoCon, the terriers have played well against many a large indomitable team with an awesome record, and won.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Believe what you want. It has yet to be proven. and neither has your assertion...guess that why we play on Saturday.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
But yes, continue to focus the conversation on Wofford's offense.....

Wofford's defense is probably the best defense that never gets brought up in conversation.

Bison06
December 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Dude....that was a William and Mary fan saying that.....not exactly an expert on option football, or GSU for that matter.

Feel free to go back a few pages, he certainly wasn't the only one saying it.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
Feel free to go back a few pages, he certainly wasn't the only one saying it.

I am sooooo not searching through a 284 page thread.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM
Wow. Hey Buddy. Did your beloved Wofford Terriers loose any games this year, or did you skate through with a perfect season. Let me check, nope. You guys lost a few games this season too. And we lost ONE hard fought game, by a field goal. But, this is the playoffs baby, and the Bison are one tough team to beat this time of the year, in the Fargo Dome, with the 12th man, in the stands. NDSU is not New Hampshire, not by a very long shot. And we certainly are not some two bit piss ant Lincoln University, that you guys crushed 82 to 0, nothing like running up the score by the way. So when you come to Fargo on Saturday, buckle up and bring your ear plugs, cause barring turnovers, its going to be one hell of a loud and bumpy ride. Welcome to Fargo.
We didn't "loose" any games. We lost three. Ooh, the loud card. Let's play that one now. Been there, done that got the Montana T-shirt. We are supposed to lose ( or loose), I get it. But if we do, I suspect our losing will be more about our mistakes (turnovers and stupid penalties) than anything else.

MarkyMark
December 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM

Yes, you have probably never seen a fanbase as cocky as NDSU.

Even our media is cocky. Jump to to the 3:35 mark of the NDSU VS. SDSU preview.

http://bcove.me/8rnxeyfk

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Ah yes, focus on the teams you played last year. A favorite of all who have to play the terriers. That same tactic was used by Montana fans a few years ago and UNH last week. In the years since moving into the SoCon, the terriers have played well against many a large indomitable team with an awesome record, and won.

after Williams-Brice i doubt that little dome will intimidate woffy. Joe if we're reliving past years i'll take '98. Also 1860

Bison06
December 2nd, 2012, 12:38 PM

Were you trying to be ironic or did it just happen. If you weren't trying that is a seriously funny post.

Bison06
December 2nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
I am sooooo not searching through a 284 page thread.

Well if you don't feel like clicking around, don't argue. I realize you weren't the one making the original assertion.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
after Williams-Brice i doubt that little dome will intimidate woffy. Joe if we're reliving past years i'll take '98. Also 1860
Sir, don't beseech me to split my forces to engage you as I am in a noble fight for Southern honor against the proud plain herd of the Dakotas. Dakota is the Old Indian word for "we stayed out of the fight against Northern Aggression."

DO NOT DOUBT SOUTHERN HONOR!

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Were you trying to be ironic or did it just happen. If you weren't trying that is a seriously funny post.
Sometimes humor takes effort.

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Wow as of now all available tickets are sold out. This happened only 20 minutes after tickets went on sale. We got 2 reserved tickets and will hopefully pick up to GA for the kids when more tickets become available after student ticket sales.

This will be a great game and I can't wait. Still hoping to get together with some Wofford fans ... Joe will you be making the trip north?

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 12:46 PM
Wow as of now all available tickets are sold out. This happened only 20 minutes after tickets went on sale. We got 2 reserved tickets and will hopefully pick up to GA for the kids when more tickets become available after student ticket sales.

This will be a great game and I can't wait. Still hoping to get together with some Wofford fans ... Joe will you be making the trip north?
I really wish I could, but I am working Sunday.

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM

That sucks when work gets in the way of fun. While I know you will be here in spirit I wish you could be here in the flesh.

FargoBison
December 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
A lot of people talk about Wofford's offense but how often does Wofford go up against an offense like NDSU's?

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
That sucks when work gets in the way of fun. While I know you will be here in spirit I wish you could be here in the flesh.
I am thankful for the bison lobby with ESPN. I can at least watch the game.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
A lot of people talk about Wofford's offense but how often does Wofford go up against an offense like NDSU's?
Barring injuries from yesterday, I think that is what will keep the game close this Saturday.

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
I am thankful for the bison lobby with ESPN. I can at least watch the game.

See there is something to be said about our fans :)

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Watching the New Hamshire/Wofford game on ESPN3 replay ...

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:18 PM
See there is something to be said about our fans :)
I admire your passion and dedication to your team. I have heard good things about your hospitality. We all get carried away sometimes and act like idiots on message boards; it doesn't make us bad, just hard to reason with.

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 01:19 PM

sin never takes a day off. Joe is a good shepard.

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
I admire your passion and dedication to your team. I have heard good things about your hospitality. We all get carried away sometimes and act like idiots on message boards; it doesn't make us bad, just hard to reason with.

Agreed. I find myself stepping away from the keyboard when I find I might be getting unreasonable. And it irritates me to no end when other fans make our fan base look bad but we all have a few over zealous fans. I guess there are worse things in life to deal with.

Bisonwinagn
December 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
But yes, continue to focus the conversation on Wofford's offense.....

Wofford's defense is probably the best defense that never gets brought up in conversation.

The ability of the Bison offense to score points is the biggest question mark and has been all year. Every Bison fall will tell you that. We don't expect you to score over 10 points maybe 17 if you burn us on a deep pass, but the question is can we score 20.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Agreed. I find myself stepping away from the keyboard when I find I might be getting unreasonable. And it irritates me to no end when other fans make our fan base look bad but we all have a few over zealous fans. I guess there are worse things in life to deal with.
Yeah, I like to come here and get away from the worse things on occasion.

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I like to come here and get away from the worse things on occasion.

Well Said.

BTW #7 is a Stud. Your team played great yesterday. Still in the first Qtr and with the exception of a fumble for loss & a fumble on the snap they look pretty sharp.

Drblankstare
December 2nd, 2012, 01:27 PM
I'll be interested to see how stubborn Wofford will be about running the ball, if they are getting stopped. During the G. So game last year, I was really surprised how reluctant that they were to throw, even after having little success with the run. I thought the Bison D was really set up for play action, but Geo Southern refused to pass very much. We'll see, I guess.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Is my request to join Bisonville tied up in the congressional negotiations to avoid the fiscal cliff? How long does it take?

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Is my request to join Bisonville tied up in the congressional negotiations to avoid the fiscal cliff? How long does it take?

I think they have made it a manual process let me see if I can get ahold of someone to get it moving for you.

Drblankstare
December 2nd, 2012, 01:32 PM

It's a very exclusive place, it's like Augusta, but for crazy people.xlmaox

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
What cockiness are you speaking of? Is it us being proud of our #1 defense? That, in my humble opinion, gives us a reason to be proud...cocky sounds so...idk...conceited.

W/R/T ISUb, I am pretty sure NDSU's defense still did an above-average job for the game. I am not speaking about NDSU's offensive woes (in fact I am pretty sure I said I am worried about how NDSU is going to fare vs Wofford's above avg run D).

I don't know if your post is directed at me in any way...but lol if it is.

NDSU's defense gave up 3 points to Indiana State. Dungeonjoe has no idea what he is talking about.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 2nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Wofford has a great rushing attack and a solid D, but this is the worst match-up possible for them. I watched the majority of yesterday's UNH game, and I can promise you that there will no ZERO offensive line push against this Bison D-Line. NDSU is so gap sound on defense that the only way Wofford will have a chance to move the ball with any regularity is if they find a way to keep the NDSU backers off-balance with misdirection. I honestly don't see this happening. And if NDSU gets up early, their inability to throw is going to put things out of reach.

I'm really interested to see where Vegas releases this line. If it is less than double-digits, I may take out a loan to put some extra dough on the Bison. Again, a HORRIBLE match-up for Wofford, that's all. This could be the best D in the history of the FCS. There. I said it. xbawlingx Now I think I'm going to go throw up.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
You know, the hyperbolic and passive aggressive comment of "Well I guess (insert team name here) has no shot, they may as well not show up" is often overused when discussing playoffs.....but geeze I think it's appropriate right now.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
You know, the hyperbolic and passive aggressive comment of "Well I guess (insert team name here) has no shot, they may as well not show up" is often overused when discussing playoffs.....but geeze I think it's appropriate right now.

Nope. They should show up. A free trip to Fargo is always a bonus!

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Sir, don't beseech me to split my forces to engage you as I am in a noble fight for Southern honor against the proud plain herd of the Dakotas. Dakota is the Old Indian word for "we stayed out of the fight against Northern Aggression."

DO NOT DOUBT SOUTHERN HONOR!

Dakota actually means "Good people", enjoy.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
NDSU's defense gave up 3 points to Indiana State. Dungeonjoe has no idea what he is talking about.
My point was never about the team, the bison offense or the defense just the understanding among so many of you that you cannot lose. You did lose to someone that you were on paper, and given your and their past performances, you were supposed to defeat handily. All of the brave talk of an excited fanbase prior to that game was all for naught. I suspect some of you were just as cocky then. That is my point. Got it?

AmsterBison
December 2nd, 2012, 01:49 PM

Sometimes I forget to check for new users as often as I should. There was only one account in the queue waiting for action when I checked... username = lawdog. So if that's not you, something went wrong. If it is you, welcome to the board.

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:50 PM

If both teams were not there to play the game what would be the point. The game is decided on the field not in the polls or in the minds of fans :)

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Dakota actually means "Good people", enjoy.
You sure it doesn't mean obtuse or humorless? That was an inside joke for my fellow son of the confederacy.

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM

NDSU could beat the NFC pro bowl team...by 5 touchdowns.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
You sure it doesn't mean obtuse or humorless? That was an inside joke for my fellow son of the confederacy.

I got that, I was just giving you an actual factoid. Must have gone over your head xsmugx

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Sometimes I forget to check as often as I should. There was only one account in the queue waiting for action when I checked just now... username = lawdog. So if that's not you, something went wrong. ok, when I sign in and try to post, it says it hasn't been activated. BTW, lawdog is not a member of the K-9 unit. He is a legit WOCo fan.

asumike83
December 2nd, 2012, 01:56 PM

I do think NDSU will win the game but I do not expect a blowout. Wofford does not have the speed of Georgia Southern but they are very tough and execute well. Breitenstein is coming up on 2,000 rushing yards this season from the fullback spot. They will try to wear you down and win a low-scoring affair, IMO. They very rarely pass but when they do, they will likely be throwing a haymaker as they average about 20 yards per reception.

As much as there is made about the Wofford offense, I think their defense is what really sets them apart. Wofford stymied the App offense more than any FCS opponent we played all season. Their defensive line is very good. NDSU is also so strong defensively that they will not give up too much but Wofford will keep this one close. I'd be surprised if either team got out of the 20's.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
I got that, I was just giving you an actual factoid. Must have gone over your head xsmugx
Sorry, but based on last year's... :D I apologize good sir.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 01:58 PM
NDSU could beat the NFC pro bowl team...by 5 touchdowns. shoot, their defense is so stout they could keep Cap'n Cat from passing gas.

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
shoot, their defense is so stout they could keep Cap'n Cat from passing gas.

Now that would be an accomplishment

AmsterBison
December 2nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
ok, when I sign in and try to post, it says it hasn't been activated. BTW, lawdog is not a member of the K-9 unit. He is a legit WOCo fan.

Ah, there's an automatic part where the board software sends out the typical activation email that you have to click a link in. Sometimes that email goes to your junk mail folder and some of the more aggressive spam blocking email hosts just gobble those emails up.

I found your account name and activated it manually. PM me if you have problems.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
I do think NDSU will win the game but I do not expect a blowout. Wofford does not have the speed of Georgia Southern but they are very tough and execute well. Breitenstein is coming up on 2,000 rushing yards this season from the fullback spot. They will try to wear you down and win a low-scoring affair, IMO. They very rarely pass but when they do, they will likely be throwing a haymaker as they average about 20 yards per reception.

As much as there is made about the Wofford offense, I think their defense is what really sets them apart. Wofford stymied the App offense more than any FCS opponent we played all season. Their defensive line is very good. NDSU is also so strong defensively that they will not give up too much but Wofford will keep this one close. I'd be surprised if either team got out of the 20's.

Another factoid worth mentioning is that Mike Niam, an all-american who has been fighting injury on and off all of his career (missed the GSU game and the USC game) is healthy and will be playing and will make a huge impact..

I'm watching the NDSU game of yesterday and if Jensen plays poorly so will the Bison.

And I agree with the poster I'm quoting right now. We aren't as fast as GSU, but our QBs are healthy now, and they are HUNGRY. The only injury that could potentially lead a player to be out from this week is our OL who got a concussion. Other than that, All of the starters will dress and play.

AmsterBison
December 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
I noticed that Wofford has three players from the Minneapolis area on the team - including one who might have been a teammate of Grant Olson, NDSU's outstanding MLB.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Another factoid worth mentioning is that Mike Niam, an all-american who has been fighting injury on and off all of his career (missed the GSU game and the USC game) is healthy and will be playing and will make a huge impact..

I'm watching the NDSU game of yesterday and if Jensen plays poorly so will the Bison.

And I agree with the poster I'm quoting right now. We aren't as fast as GSU, but our QBs are healthy now, and they are HUNGRY. The only injury that could potentially lead a player to be out from this week is our OL who got a concussion. Other than that, All of the starters will dress and play.

The problem that GSU and Sam had last year was that the Bison were in their backfield more than they were.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 02:06 PM

LOL.....and ASU is still playing....

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM

NDSU does not need Jensen to play well to win. The defense and running game is good enough to cover up some deficiencies at QB. Both of the last two games (Illnois St to close the regular season and SDSU yesterday) Jensen has not played well yet the Bison have won comfortably.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
NDSU does not need Jensen to play well to win. The defense and running game is good enough to cover up some deficiencies at QB. Both of the last two games (Illnois St to close the regular season and SDSU yesterday) Jensen has not played well yet the Bison have won comfortably.

As I said on another thread, I will take the Jensen of the last 2 games all day. His deep throws aren't all that crisp but he is a winner.

DJKyR0
December 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
My point was never about the team, the bison offense or the defense just the understanding among so many of you that you cannot lose. You did lose to someone that you were on paper, and given your and their past performances, you were supposed to defeat handily. All of the brave talk of an excited fanbase prior to that game was all for naught. I suspect some of you were just as cocky then. That is my point. Got it?

Bison by 17 this weekend.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Keep doubting Northern Speed ;)

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 02:16 PM

All of the NDSU posters on here are saying that one-dimensional teams can't beat them, and I would say the same for Wofford, especially since we defend the run so well. We're in the top 20 in rush defense (allowing roughly 120 a game) in a league with 2 other option teams, as well as 6 other teams in the top 50.

So if NDSU runs into trouble running the ball, which is a possibility, Jensen is going to need to play well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM

Actually, Jensen played pretty well yesterday, IMO. 15-25 110 2 TDs. He doesn't need to throw for 300+ in this offense to be successful.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
All of the NDSU posters on here are saying that one-dimensional teams can't beat them, and I would say the same for Wofford, especially since we defend the run so well. We're in the top 20 in rush defense (allowing roughly 120 a game) in a league with 2 other option teams, as well as 6 other teams in the top 50.

So if NDSU runs into trouble running the ball, which is a possibility, Jensen is going to need to play well.

I think we definitely have a better passing game compared to Wofford. Right back at ya.....what is Wofford going to do when they cannot consistently run against us?

Plus, the Bison give up about 1/2 the rushing yards compared to Wofford and the MV is a running conference.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
I think we definitely have a better passing game compared to Wofford. Right back at ya.....what is Wofford going to do when they cannot consistently run against us?

Plus, the Bison give up about 1/2 the rushing yards compared to Wofford and the MV is a running conference.

I would label the MVC a defensive conference, not a running conference. They only have 3 teams in the top 50 when it comes to running the ball, including one in the top 25. (#25 being NDSU)

As far as the labeling of conferences goes, I think it's clear that the Socon is a run conference, the CAA is a passing/no defense conference, and the MVC is a defense conference.

As for shutting down Wofford's run game. That's a big hypothetical that has an obvious answer. It's easier said than actually done.

AmsterBison
December 2nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
From the video I've seen, Wofford gets to the outside really quickly and their perimeter blocking is excellent. Should be a real challenge. Wish #20, Colten Heagle, was suiting up for this one.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
From the video I've seen, Wofford gets to the outside really quickly and their perimeter blocking is excellent. Should be a real challenge. Wish #20, Colton Heagle, was suiting up for this one.

Which video are you watching :) If Weimer (#15) plays, is healthy,gets his pitches well, and doesn't turn the ball over....Wofford will roll. IMO he's the best QB we have because he's deceptively fast and he can hit the perimeter faster than Kass or Lawson can.

Factor that in with the fact that we have big #7 and a healthy Donovan Johnson, and we can do well.

The problem with Wofford's offense is that we have a great upside, but something comes up to prevent us from finishing the deal(turnover, injuries, playing teams that have seen the option twice before us).

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
From the video I've seen, Wofford gets to the outside really quickly and their perimeter blocking is excellent. Should be a real challenge. Wish #20, Colton Heagle, was suiting up for this one.

Ollman is just a good as Heagle in run support, where he lacks is in pass coverage. The Bison will be fine w/o Heagle in there. Heck, he has been gone since the 2nd game.

steelbison
December 2nd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Which video are you watching :) If Weimer (#15) plays, is healthy,gets his pitches well, and doesn't turn the ball over....Wofford will roll. IMO he's the best QB we have because he's deceptively fast and he can hit the perimeter faster than Kass or Lawson can.

Factor that in with the fact that we have big #7 and a healthy Donovan Johnson, and we can do well.

The problem with Wofford's offense is that we have a great upside, but something comes up to prevent us from finishing the deal(turnover, injuries, playing teams that have seen the option twice before us).

Wofford will roll. LMAO. Funniest thing I've read in awhile.

Tell you what. I'll bet you any amount of money your wrong. Just PM me if you are interested.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
I would label the MVC a defensive conference, not a running conference. They only have 3 teams in the top 50 when it comes to running the ball, including one in the top 25. (#25 being NDSU)

As far as the labeling of conferences goes, I think it's clear that the Socon is a run conference, the CAA is a passing/no defense conference, and the MVC is a defense conference.

As for shutting down Wofford's run game. That's a big hypothetical that has an obvious answer. It's easier said than actually done.

I'm not saying it will be easy but IMO, NDSU will probably be better suited to adjust during the game if they cannot run the ball. They have a passing game. Wofford doesn't have much of a passing game. So, if the Bison contain the run what will Wofford do?

You make it sound like Wofford is going to come into the FD and run for 500 yards on this defense....one that gives up only 67 yards rushing/game.

I think the Bison defense is up to the task in front of them.

You didn't answer my question. Does Wofford have a passing game to keep NDSU guessing? A passing game to rely on when the running game is not there?

Bison56
December 2nd, 2012, 02:41 PM

It would only be by 4 TD's. Lets not get carried away now.:D

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 02:42 PM

Tell you what. I'll bet you any amount of money your wrong. Just PM me if you are interested.

How dare a Wofford fan predict a victory for his team. The audacity.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
I'm not saying it will be easy but IMO, NDSU will probably be better suited to adjust during the game if they cannot run the ball. They have a passing game. Wofford doesn't have much of a passing game. So, if the Bison contain the run what will Wofford do?

You make it sound like Wofford is going to come into the FD and run for 500 yards on this defense....one that gives up only 67 yards rushing/game.

I think the Bison defense is up to the task in front of them.

You didn't answer my question. Does Wofford have a passing game to keep NDSU guessing? A passing game to rely on when the running game is not there?

You obviously don't understand how the option works. The option isn't just one run play over and over again, it's putting guys in motion, read-options, trap options, designated dives, reverses, pitches, QB keepers, among many other forms of plays, including play action passes.

That's different types of running and most teams aren't used to that. If one doesn't work, we'll go to another that can, test the waters, etc. And just as that play works and you try to creep up and defend it, BOOM we hit you with something you were defending well earlier.

So to answer your question, no we don't need a pass game. Granted, if we're down multiple scores late a pass game helps, but I would wager even teams with pass games have a hard time coming back from multiple scores late.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM

No, but I'm going to bookmark this particular page just in case I get to gloat.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
You obviously don't understand how the option works. The option isn't just one run play over and over again, it's putting guys in motion, read-options, designated dives, reverses, pitches, QB keepers, among many other forms of plays, including play action passes.

That's different types of running than teams are used to. If one doesn't work, we'll go to another that can, test the waters, etc. And just as that play works and you try to creep up and defend it, BOOM we hit you with something you were defending well earlier.

So to answer your question, no we don't need a pass game. Granted, if we're down multiple scores late a pass game helps, but I would wager even teams with pass games have a hard time coming back from multiple scores late.

You know who understands how the option works? The Bison coaching staff.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
You know who understands how the option works? The Bison coaching staff.

knowing it=/=stopping.

ASU knows how it works, but they always have a hard time stopping it.

Same with 80% of Socon games 5 of the last 6 years.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 02:51 PM
knowing it=/=stopping.

Again, when an option team actually beats the Bison, I will believe it. It is very hard to get any play off when your O Line is getting blown up every play.

Bisonoline
December 2nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
You obviously don't understand how the option works. The option isn't just one run play over and over again, it's putting guys in motion, read-options, trap options, designated dives, reverses, pitches, QB keepers, among many other forms of plays, including play action passes.

That's different types of running and most teams aren't used to that. If one doesn't work, we'll go to another that can, test the waters, etc. And just as that play works and you try to creep up and defend it, BOOM we hit you with something you were defending well earlier.

GSU runs the TO correct? We held them to 7 points last year in the playoffs when they were the best offense in the nation I believe. So I think our coaching staff has a pretty good handle on how to defense it.

Wofford Oaks
December 2nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
My biggest concern is Wofford's defense. Then only gave up 24 points to South Carolina. The are 12th in total defense, Indy St is 14th. SDSU was also #3. NDSU needs to keep the turnovers down to win.

In fact, Wofford's defense only allowed 17 points at South Carolina. The final touchdown by the Gamecocks came on a fumble return.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
In fact, Wofford's defense only allowed 17 points at South Carolina. The final touchdown by the Gamecocks came on a fumble return.

LOL

It is only Sunday.......

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
knowing it=/=stopping.

Always? Why do we have a winning record then? Someone is getting a little full of themselves. YT is acting like a NDSU fan.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2012, 02:59 PM

NDSU is stronger running the ball than throwing it but by no means is the offense one dimensional on the level of Wofford's offense. If Wofford stifles the NDSU running game, which is a very big "if" in my opionion, I think Wofford wins the game. However, the NDSU run offense just ran roughshod over an SDSU defense ranked 20th in the nation rushing for 195 yards on average in the two games played against them. I think both teams are going to get yards on the ground but NDSU at least has the threat of a passing game to keep the defense somewhat honest.

NDSU, much like Wofford I would expect, will wear teams down with the power run game to the point of demoralizing defenses late in the game. Obviously, if Wofford gets a lead that theory goes out the window but it is very unlikely either team's running game is shut down, both are too good running the football.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
LOL

It is only Sunday.......

And all ze tickets are gone :(

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5506/ticketss.png

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
And all ze tickets are gone :(

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5506/ticketss.png

Just bought my four season tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to another game this saturday.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
Just bought my four season tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to another game this saturday.

I got in line to buy my tickets at the BSA around 11:40am. Can't wait for Saturday.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Always? Why do we have a winning record then? Someone is getting a little full of themselves. YT is acting like a NDSU fan.

way to misinterpret words and fail.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 03:08 PM
GSU runs the TO correct? We held them to 7 points last year in the playoffs when they were the best offense in the nation I believe. So I think our coaching staff has a pretty good handle on how to defense it.

okay. Keeping thinking that :)

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2012, 03:08 PM
Look up the definition of always and get back to me.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Stat of the SDSU game, they were held to 0.9 ypc. They had 8.2 ypc vs the OVC champ.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
Stat of the SDSU game, they were held to 0.9 ypc.

They got down early and had to pass, I watched the first half

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Look up the definition of always and get back to me.

My point is, there are many instances in which ASU has shut down an option team one year, and then the next got its tale beat.

I absolutely knew you would say something once I brought up ASU because you have this weird infatuation as to why I don't suck ASU's collective dick as a football team and it's predictable as well as annoying

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
They ran the ball on 10 of 17 plays in the third quarter; 3 of 19 plays in the 4th.

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
Nice language YT. Man you've really become immature since you went to college. Choose your words more wisely or you will continue to get called out on them.

I'm pulling for WC this weekend but you're really making it hard to do so.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 03:23 PM
They got down early and had to pass, I watched the first half

I just watched the Wofford/UNH game.

LOL.....the UNH defense is a total joke compared to NDSUs.

The Wofford defense looks pretty darn good. They will give the Bison offense some trouble. The Bison O-line is good so this will be interesting to watch on saturday.

Wofford runs an unique form of the option. I like it. Very good test for the Bison defense.

Wofford is a good team no doubt about it.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
Nice language YT. Man you've really become immature since you went to college. Choose your words more wisely or you will continue to get called out on them.

I'm pulling for WC this weekend but you're really making it hard to do so.

No...you just hold this opinion because I don't worship the ground that App walks.

steelbison
December 2nd, 2012, 03:43 PM
How dare a Wofford fan predict a victory for his team. The audacity.

I have no problem thinking you are going to win. But roll?? That's funny sorry.

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
No...you just hold this opinion because I don't worship the ground that App walks.

I have many conversation with WC and GSU fans and we can respect each others programs, you have turned into a troll, truly disappointing.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
I have many conversation with WC and GSU fans and we can respect each others programs, you have turned into a troll, truly disappointing.

Troll?

He's had a pretty good conversation on here with NDSU fans.

NDSU09
December 2nd, 2012, 04:13 PM

Cupcake week

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
EIU and Colgate were cupcakes, I can't agree with wooferedgrad84.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
Cupcake week

LOL....I like your style!

Seriously, Wofford is a good team but IMO, after watching them against UNH, the Bison are a better team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 04:16 PM
EIU and Colgate were cupcakes, I can't agree with wooferedgrad84.

Wait for the Lehigh fans to put their 2$ in now.........xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
This is pretty awesome this thread is at 22 pages already........SHSU/Montana State thread is at 4 pages....

NDSU09
December 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
LOL....I like your style!

Seriously, Wofford is a good team but IMO, after watching them against UNH, the Bison are a better team.

That's how we roll in NW Minnesota! I was mostly being a smartass. I was impressed with Wofford's D against UNH, but I don't see them coming up here and winning.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
This is pretty awesome this thread is at 22 pages already........SHSU/Montana State thread is at 4 pages....

I know, right? I only have 18 posts in this thread. I had 96 in the SDSU thread. Better get crackin!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 04:32 PM
I know, right? I only have 18 posts in this thread. I had 96 in the SDSU thread. Better get crackin!

No sh**!

Where you been?

Gaterrier
December 2nd, 2012, 04:33 PM
For my $.02, and that's about a week's pay...

Comparing GSU's triple to Wofford's triple option is not comparing the same offenses. It would be like comparing Oregon's spread to the spread offense that Mike Leach might run (i.e., Texas Tech). They are not predicated on the same philosophies. I played under one system and coached both. Also, it was last season...and another team...so it's a waste of time to compare.

ND, through research, you ARE very good. You were national champions.

Wofford is a small school that you feel is wasting your time with making the trip. We appreciate your letting us provide you with a scrimmage. You won't even know we were there, probably. Hell, you'll put more in that dome than we have living alumni.

And don't even get me started on that loud stadium. I really hope our coaches have them prepared for such a venue.

Good luck. We're just glad to be in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Wofford played well in the UNI dome last year (well except 1 play, we wont go there). They will be ready for some noise.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
No sh**!

Where you been?

There are only 2 or 3 indignant Wofford fans, there are at least 8-10 indignant Jacks fans.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Wofford played well in the UNI dome last year (well except 1 play, we wont go there). They will be ready for some noise.

UNIdome =/= Fargodome

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM

Comparing GSU's triple to Wofford's triple option is not comparing the same offenses. It would be like comparing Oregon's spread to the spread offense that Mike Leach might run (i.e., Texas Tech). They are not predicated on the same philosophies. I played under one system and coached both. Also, it was last season...and another team...so it's a waste of time to compare.

Wofford is a small school that you feel is wasting your time with making the trip. We appreciate your letting us provide you with a scrimmage. You won't even know we were there, probably. Hell, you'll put more in that dome than we have living alumni.

And don't even get me started on that loud stadium. I really hope our coaches have them prepared for such a venue.

ND is a ****ty school 70 miles north of Fargo that won't sniff a national championship our lifetime.

Gaterrier
December 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM

Clemson, South Carolina? Those are much quieter than UNI and I know much quieter than ND! App and GSU are like going to a small southern baptist church.

Hammerhead
December 2nd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Wofford will need to beat a defense that held SDSU to the following:

Third-Down Conversions........ 2 of 13
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 0 of 3

Team stats for the FCS through the 2nd round games have NDSU at

Defense:
Total defense
Rushing defense
Passing defense
Third down conversion percentage
Time of posession
First down defense (# of first downs gained by the opponent

Offense:
4th down conversion percentage
Offense is just a hair behind #1 for Third down conversion percentage

Gaterrier
I apologize, I'm just a little 'ol "Wooford" graduate who don't know no better.

NoDak 4 Ever
Clemson, South Carolina? Those are much quieter than UNI and I know much quieter than ND! App and GSU are like going to a small southern baptist church.

We got another buttBama on our hands!

Like we told the GSU folks, those people didn't care one way or the other who or what you were.

---------

Looks like I found my Wofford fans!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM

The FD is much louder than the UNIDome....a lot louder.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
I apologize, I'm just a little 'ol "Wooford" graduate who don't know no better.

Do you have a 'mullet' and 3 teeth missing?

LOL....had to do it......

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM

Wow I complimented Wofford on playing well in a hostile environment last year and you cheap shot ASU. IF ASU is like a southern baptist church then i hate to ask what Wofford is like...

caribbeanhen
this game is the best of next week's games, great match up and what the playoffs are all about, besides we've already seen ODU vs GeSo and MSU vs Son of Sammy last year....

DJKyR0

Small correction, it's not ND, it's NDSU. It'd be like calling you Wagner.

GSUwinsagain
December 2nd, 2012, 04:44 PM
The FD is crazy loud. Great home field advantage for NDSU. This will a very tough game for Wofford, but they are very disciplined and very physical in their style of option football, I think they hang in there. I respect NDSU alot, but I want Wofford to win this one.

GSUwinsagain
December 2nd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Wow I complimented Wofford on playing well in a hostile environment last year and you cheap shot ASU. IF ASU is like a southern baptist church then i hate to ask what Wofford is like...

I think he was being sarcastic.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
If mentioning good performances against SEC defenses warrant the label of comparison of "Buttbama" or "buttUSC" then NDSU can have the label of "buttGSU" because quite frankly it's the equivalent. We had a good showing with our offense against very good defenses on the level or higher than NDSU (as did GSU), but as last year showed us, that indication doesn't necessarily mean success. And the same logic can go for NDSU against the option. You played well against GSU's option, but that doesn't mean you'll shut us down.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
If mentioning good performances against SEC defenses warrant the label of comparison of "Buttbama" or "buttUSC" then NDSU can have the label of "buttGSU" because quite frankly it's the equivalent. We had a good showing with our offense against very good defenses on the level or higher than NDSU (as did GSU), but as last year showed us, that indication doesn't necessarily mean success. And the same logic can go for NDSU against the option. You played well against GSU's option, but that doesn't mean you'll shut us down.

Seems about right

PaladinFan
December 2nd, 2012, 04:57 PM

Wofford's option and GSU's option are not the same. GSU has better athletes, and are more likely to take one 60 yards for a score, but they are also far more likely to cough the ball up and create errors. Wofford is not as flashy, but they are methodical and bring their lunch pail. They won't beat themselves.

Year in year out Wofford is a dangerous team in the playoffs. They haven't had a deep run in a while, but they certainly scare the crap out of good teams on the road.

millwoga1
Seems about right

See our coach even has time to come on this board instead of prepare for this matchup, he must not be too worried

Gaterrier
Sarcasm my dear mountaineer, sarcasm. Or, facetiousness, if you prefer. I'm a huge fan of App and GSU stadiums.

Golly gee, y'all lighten up!

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 04:58 PM
See our coach even has time to come on this board instead of prepare for this matchup, he must not be too worried

Exactly

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Exactly

Would have gone with a different name but Nate woody 1-2098. We're already taken

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 05:00 PM

NDSU's defense will not completely shut down Wofford's TO but they are not going to run for 400 + like they did against UNH. GSU ran for 186, I think, against the Bison.

IMO, Wofford needs to run for 300 + yards to win. I do not think they will get close to that.

Gaterrier
December 2nd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Oh, and our video board is bigger! Ha!

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 05:03 PM
NDSU's defense will not completely shut down Wofford's TO but they are not going to run for 400 + like they did against UNH. GSU ran for 186, I think, against the Bison.

IMO, Wofford needs to run for 300 + yards to win. I do not think they will get close to that.

I would say more like 250 to win. Defense is a big part of it. If we score 20, I like our chances, but that's not small favor to ask.