PDA

View Full Version : Jack Crowe out at Jacksonville State

TTUEagles
November 30th, 2012, 09:34 PM
http://annistonstar.com/view/full_story/20988862/article-Jacksonville-State-fires-Crowe?instance=sports_top

Cocky, you got your early Christmas present!
Any JSU fans have any info. on potential candidates?

Cocky
November 30th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Rumors is one will be named soon but I have no idea who.

TTUEagles
November 30th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Watson Brown? ;)

Skyhawk71
November 30th, 2012, 10:37 PM
The JaxStatefan on twitter, twitted that he thought they where talking to Derrick Dooley- do you buy that one?

TTUEagles
November 30th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Gene Chizik? (sp?)

Cocky
November 30th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I have no idea who is the front runner. I didnt even know this was coming. I did recently talk to the Pres about the need to either win or change but if had that much pull I should have done this 5 or 6 years ago.

Jack did a good job of getting our feet back on the ground but he isnt championship quality.

Names Ive heard ( which means nothing)
Chizik - hard to believe
Bill Clark - DC at USA
Josh Niblett -HC at Hoover High and was an Asst at JSU
Steve Smith - HC at Piedmont High and was on the staff at JSU not sure if Asst or GA.
Will Hall - HC at West Alabama

Our AD is a Penn State grad so it could be someone with little or no connection to JSU.

Skyhawk71
November 30th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Met your AD up in Martin, he seems to be the real deal, and a great guy- I think you are in an excellent position with him in charge

ASU_Fanatic
November 30th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I have no idea who is the front runner. I didnt even know this was coming. I did recently talk to the Pres about the need to either win or change but if had that much pull I should have done this 5 or 6 years ago.

Jack did a good job of getting our feet back on the ground but he isnt championship quality.

Names Ive heard ( which means nothing)
Chizik - hard to believe
Bill Clark - DC at USA
Josh Niblett -HC at Hoover High and was an Asst at JSU
Steve Smith - HC at Piedmont High and was on the staff at JSU not sure if Asst or GA.
Will Hall - HC at West Alabama

Our AD is a Penn State grad so it could be someone with little or no connection to JSU.

all those candidates are awful listed. high school coach? LOL

ITmonarch10
November 30th, 2012, 11:14 PM

Sometimes you have to take a risk on some new blood. Jim Harbaugh ,San Diego/Pioneer League coach, to Stanford Pac-12 Coach is probably a similar leap.

dgtw
November 30th, 2012, 11:53 PM
I was very surprised (and pleased) they pulled the trigger with two years left. I wonder what the buyout is.

I doubt they'd get him, but I wouldn't mind Derrick Dooley.

McNeese75
December 1st, 2012, 12:04 AM
It is about time.

cmaxwellgsu
December 1st, 2012, 12:15 AM
Had a high school buddy play for Jack Crowe back when we're were in college (96-00). Hopefully greener pastures lie for Coach Crowe.

Cocky
December 1st, 2012, 06:57 AM
This is names off of a forum board.
The HC mentioned do have some college experience. Hoover is probably close to running a college program. Both Smith and Niblett have several transfer on thier roster so learning the recruiting game would come naturally.

TTUEagles
December 1st, 2012, 08:39 AM
If Chizik or Dooley took the job, wouldn't their multi-million dollar buyout from Auburn and Tennessee, respectively, go away? I doubt anyone (if that's the case) would throw away several million for a <$1mill., FCS job.

JSU02
December 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
If Chizik or Dooley took the job, wouldn't their multi-million dollar buyout from Auburn and Tennessee, respectively, go away? I doubt anyone (if that's the case) would throw away several million for a <$1mill., FCS job.

My understanding is that for either, the salary from the new job would be subtracted from the monthly payments from the old school.

dgtw
December 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
My understanding is that for either, the salary from the new job would be subtracted from the monthly payments from the old school.

At least for Chizik, that is correct. Anything he gets from a new job is subtracted from what Auburn owes him. He is stil guarenteed his buyout total. I'd imagine Dooley had the same deal.

Cocky
December 4th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Updated rumor list:
Bill Clark DC South Alabama
Will Hall HC West Alabama
Greg Adkins OL Coach Syracuse
Kerwin Bell HC Jacksonville
Les Koenning (sp?) OC Miss State
Matt Wallerstedt Asst Texas A&M
These are the names that are getting support at this time.

UNAPride
December 5th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Updated rumor list:
Bill Clark DC South Alabama
Will Hall HC West Alabama
Greg Adkins OL Coach Syracuse
Kerwin Bell HC Jacksonville
Les Koenning (sp?) OC Miss State
Matt Wallerstedt Asst Texas A&M
These are the names that are getting support at this time.

Will is a 'cocky' (lol) young coach. He's a winner. Former UNA/Harlon Hill Trophy winner QB that was Coach Wallace's OC at UWA. He's been the HC since Coach Wallace 'retired' from there two seasons ago.

Wallace and Hall turned around West Alabama from a long-term GSC cellar-dwellar to getting wins in the playoffs for three of the past four seasons and winning the conference outright this year. A few bumps in the playoffs to GSC teams they had beaten in the regular season, but he's a good one.

Not really sure I'd want him going to yet another rival school. xchinscratchx

I was able to find this bit of history:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200309130247&prov=ap
http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/custompages/Stats/Football/2003/jsu02.htm

Will Hall led the Lions to victory the only time UNA and JSU have met since 1992. 4 TD passes vs. the Gamecocks in 2003.

Mr. C
December 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Kerwin Bell's son just completed his freshman season as the QB at Jacksonville U. Would that keep him from being a serious candidate?

Cocky
December 5th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I wouldnt want to play for my dad.