PDA

View Full Version : 2012 FCS Tournament Simulation

ebemiss
November 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I've put together a couple links that simulate the 2012 FCS tournament. (16 teams that are left) I thought some people would like to mess with it.

Here's a scores only link. Hit play again to get a different result each time.

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_tournament&magic=786

Here's a link that has a box score and player stats. Click results to see the numbers. Hit play again to run the tournament over and over as well.

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_tournament&magic=787

I've only added player names to these 16 teams. If you'd like other team's player names added, let me know, I'll try to get them online sometime today.

Drblankstare
November 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mine must be broken it had Georgia Southern winning it all.:D

blueballs
November 29th, 2012, 12:29 PM

That's not far fetched at all.... if they had just average or slightly below average place kicking they'd be undefeated in FCS play right now, so they are definitely a threat.

cpalum
November 29th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Hit play again and on the 3rd click it came up with Cal Poly as National Champs wining over ODU in the final.......highly unlikely but damn that would be cool.

DJnva
November 29th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Heh---I had an ODU over Cal Poly and a Stony Brook over ODU.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM

I ran several scenarios of teams scoring 30+ against NDSU. That's simply not going to happen.

DJnva
November 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I ran several scenarios of teams scoring 30+ against NDSU. That's simply not going to happen.

Just like the times it had Heinicke at less than 230 yards.

I think my favorite was a 54-46 ODU loss to Ga Southern, with both teams over 700 yards.

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2012, 02:04 PM
A GSU/Cal Poly final would set the forward pass back (figuratively) years.

Mattymc727
November 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I clicked 74 times, and not 1 UNH national championship.....sigh....Good thing the NCAA doesnt determine the champion this way

dungeonjoe
November 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Whoa! First time I clicked Wofford won the championship

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Hit play again and on the 3rd click it came up with Cal Poly as National Champs wining over ODU in the final.......highly unlikely but damn that would be cool.

Mine did that on the second click...I hope that comes true!!

boogereagle
November 29th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I did it five times. North Dakota won it four times. South Dakota won it once. Georgia Southern never got past ODU.

Bison56
November 29th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I've put together a couple links that simulate the 2012 FCS tournament. (16 teams that are left) I thought some people would like to mess with it.

Here's a scores only link. Hit play again to get a different result each time.

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_tournament&magic=786

Here's a link that has a box score and player stats. Click results to see the numbers. Hit play again to run the tournament over and over as well.

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_tournament&magic=787

I've only added player names to these 16 teams. If you'd like other team's player names added, let me know, I'll try to get them online sometime today.

Thats pretty cool man.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I did it five times. North Dakota won it four times. South Dakota won it once. Georgia Southern never got past ODU.

Wow, 2 teams that weren't even in the playoffs won it? Now that's quite a feat!

theasushow
November 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
First time was NDSU over SHSU and second time was GSU over ASU............that was enough for me.

ST_Lawson
November 29th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I've got NDSU over ASU, 23-21.
2nd time, ASU over NDSU, 27-24

Damn...I'd love to watch that game.

GSU EAGLES
November 29th, 2012, 05:54 PM

Heagle ready to go? :)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Heagle ready to go? :)

Nope but without him the most anyone has scored is 21 and that was only a garbage time TD at the end of the UNI game. This defense is better than last years, period.

dystopiamembrane
November 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I've been clicking for four hours now. Not one time has Portland State won.

proasu89
November 29th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I've got NDSU over ASU, 23-21.
2nd time, ASU over NDSU, 27-24

Damn...I'd love to watch that game.

I imagine we missed a FG to lose the first gamexnodx

bojeta
November 29th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Run if enough times, and everyone wins!! Just like Pee-Wee ball.... everyone gets a trophy! Now I'm gonna go eat some sugar plums and dream about Christmas morning...xxmasx

DJnva
November 29th, 2012, 07:35 PM

They got past ODU about 50% of the time when I did it. And any time Stony Brook got past the first round they made the final.

I had an NDSU-SDSU game end up 9-3. And another game where Heinicke threw for 650 yards.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 29th, 2012, 07:37 PM
It got past ODU about 50% of the time when I did it. And any time Stony Brook got past the first round they made the final.

I had an NDSU-SDSU game end up 9-3. And another game where Heinicke threw for 650 yards.

This is a very realistic final score... I don't think most people completely grasps how good these 2 defenses are. EIU averaged mid-40's all year. Until late in the game last week, they had 3 points.

DJnva
November 29th, 2012, 07:48 PM
There was like 400 yards of total offense. It was cool. I'm going to kill my entire day tomorrow doing this.

Bias aside, I'd love a ODU-NDSU matchup---the old immovable object versus irresistible force.

ITmonarch10
November 29th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Are GSU and ODU offenses each others worst nightmare from a defensive perspective? In all the simulations, I haven't gotten a result in which one side had less than 500 yards of offense.

WUTNDITWAA
November 29th, 2012, 10:47 PM
I got Lehigh over Richmond.xrotatehx

cbarrier90
November 29th, 2012, 10:56 PM
NDSU over Stony Brook (?)

Bison56
November 30th, 2012, 09:02 AM
There was like 400 yards of total offense. It was cool. I'm going to kill my entire day tomorrow doing this.

Bias aside, I'd love a ODU-NDSU matchup---the old immovable object versus irresistible force.

xnodx2nd that match up. I watched a couple ODU games this year and I also think that would be a great game.

ebemiss
December 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Here's the final 8 brackets. I've also updated every 2012 FCS team with their offensive player names/stats to try.

I was also thinking about putting together a 32 team tournament to try. If anyone has a particular poll or ranking 1-32 they'd like, more than others, I'll put it together.

Scores only

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_tournament&magic=8785

W/box score player stats

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_tournament&magic=8786

heath
December 3rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Here's the final 8 brackets. I've also updated every 2012 FCS team with their offensive player names/stats to try.

I was also thinking about putting together a 32 team tournament to try. If anyone has a particular poll or ranking 1-32 they'd like, more than others, I'll put it together.

Scores only

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_tournament&magic=8785

W/box score player stats

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_tournament&magic=8786

looks like NDSU or Montana ST are the clear favorites. They were each at about 45% with everyone except Wofford and ILL St winning once.(played 25 times)

dudeitsaid
December 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
First one I ran, Wofford won. Second was Ill State. Guess the law of averages finally caught up. Final two I did was NDSU beating EWU 38 - 7, and then EWU beating NDSU 16 - 13.