PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly's Walsh Linked to FBS Opening

xcoach2
November 29th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I certainly hope this doesn't impact his team's focus versus teh Bearkats!

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2012/11/28/2310443/walsh-says-he-isnt-in-running.html#storylink=cpy

Sam_Kats
November 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
OH NO!!

NDSUstudent
November 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Who would seriously want the Idaho job?

xcoach2
November 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Who would seriously want the Idaho job?

Same guy that would want the UTEP or Georgia State jobs ofc.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Idaho won't be FBS for long. He's going to be back in the BSC before he knows it, only in a worse position.

dystopiamembrane
November 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I say stay put.
Leaving Portland was a good idea. Leaving for Army, maybe not.
But, the Vandals would be your worst career move, Coach.

cpalum
November 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I've recently become convinced that Walsh is a great coach....a bright guy and fantastic recruiter. If he were to take a job at Idaho in Moscow....I'd me immediately proven wrong. I feel for the Vandals but lets be honest. Cal Poly is located in one of the most beautiful places on earth....a great university. The Mustangs just won the Big Sky in their first year in the conference, as he mentions he will return 18 starters next year. Idaho is a program in real trouble, they are FBS in scholarship count and that is about it, realistically they are no more competitive than a middle of the pack Big Sky school anyway.....Moscow is not San Luis Obispo.

Frankly, if it is about money and bowl games.......even then Cal Poly is probably a better spot

coover
November 30th, 2012, 11:43 AM
If I could make $195000/year and live in San Luis Obispo and was offered a job in Moscow, Idaho at double the salary, I'd take the lower salary and stay in SLO. Money is not everything. Quality of life is more important.