PDA

View Full Version : televised games this weekend

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 27th, 2012, 07:26 AM
does anyone know what games, if any, will be televised?

robsnotes4u
November 27th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I think the Montana state and maybe NDSU are on game plan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boonegoon
November 27th, 2012, 08:14 AM
does anyone know what games, if any, will be televised?

I thought it was all on ESPN3. If you are like me and don't have cable, you can purchase the Goasu broadcast for a month for 10.99

Walkon79
November 27th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Stony Brook @ Montana State and South Dakota State @ North Dakota State are both on ESPN Game Plan.

Start Times are 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm Eastern Time, so find your favorite seat at your favorite sports bar and settle in for a great afternoon / evening of FCS Playoff football. (Or just order Game Plan for the day) :)

Walkon79
November 27th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Us Montanan's and Dakota'ns complained enough to get them on PPV, just like last year :)

The Moody1
November 27th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I thought it was all on ESPN3. If you are like me and don't have cable, you can purchase the Goasu broadcast for a month for 10.99

The App game will be on ESPN3 only. No GoAsuTV.

bluehenbillk
November 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I don't think any playoff games are allowed to be broadcast on the internet through a school website - like they are in the regular season.

Twentysix
November 27th, 2012, 10:37 AM
ESPN owns all visual broadcasting rights, its pretty simple.

kdinva
November 27th, 2012, 10:53 AM

.........except for the Bayou classic.......... xsalutex

boonegoon
November 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM
The App game will be on ESPN3 only. No GoAsuTV.

Well, doesn't that suck.

darell1976
November 27th, 2012, 03:28 PM

That sucks.

DJnva
November 27th, 2012, 03:30 PM
thefirstrow.eu should have the games.

theasushow
November 27th, 2012, 03:56 PM
If you just buy a HDMI connector for $10 bucks you can run it into your tv from ESPN3, thats what I do. Its not too bad usually. Looks just like a regular TV game.

boonegoon
November 27th, 2012, 06:35 PM
If you just buy a HDMI connector for $10 bucks you can run it into your tv from ESPN3, thats what I do. Its not too bad usually. Looks just like a regular TV game.

Yeah but your cable provider has to agree and you have to pay for whatever level of Cable that allows you to have ESPN. I don't pay for cable tv

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
thefirstrow.eu should have the games.

They didn't have the EIU/SDSU game last weekend, FWIW.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah but your cable provider has to agree and you have to pay for whatever level of Cable that allows you to have ESPN. I don't pay for cable tv

No, ESPN3 is a website, not a cable TV channel. You Internet Service Provider has to have the agreement with ESPN. As long as you have internet, a PC/TV with HDMI, and an ISP with access to ESPN3 - you're good to go.

Still, it should not be this big of a pain in the asss to watch some FCS playoff football.

jonmac
November 27th, 2012, 07:20 PM
No, ESPN3 is a website, not a cable TV channel. You Internet Service Provider has to have the agreement with ESPN. As long as you have internet, a PC/TV with HDMI, and an ISP with access to ESPN3 - you're good to go.

Still, it should not be this big of a pain in the asss to watch some FCS playoff football.

It's also provided through cable providers under the name of "WatchESPN" which is also available on mobile devices. ESPN3 has restriction on programming broadcast on their cable networks. I could not watch the selection show on ESPN3 because it was on ESPNU in a restricted time frame. So someone who does not have cable TV but an internet service provider with ESPN3 access is limited only to what is available on ESPN3. So even ESPN3 will not work for the semis and NC that will be be on ESPN or ESPN2. I'm in the process of getting rid of cable but I'm not going to do it until ASU loses out or advances to semis or NC. You are correct that it shouldn't be so hard to watch. I'm still not convinced the NCAA cares a great deal about FCS football and below.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 07:54 PM
What do people without cable TV do during their spare time? Read books? Knit? I honestly don't know, but it baffled that a couple of your App St. dudes either don't have cable or are looking to get rid of it.

I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't watch some of the trash that comes through my TV screen... Ah well, back to the ACC/Big10 challenge! 3 games at once, gotta love it.

LeeshaJo
November 27th, 2012, 08:01 PM
What do people without cable TV do during their spare time? Read books? Knit? I honestly don't know, but it baffled that a couple of your App St. dudes either don't have cable or are looking to get rid of it.

I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't watch some of the trash that comes through my TV screen... Ah well, back to the ACC/Big10 challenge! 3 games at once, gotta love it.

Haven't had cable for three years. Seriously, don't miss it. Now take away my internet and we will have issues

Twentysix
November 27th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Haven't had cable for three years. Seriously, don't miss it. Now take away my internet and we will have issues

Same. However, I would take it if it were free.

TSU86
November 27th, 2012, 08:10 PM

Is it that easy?
Seems like that time i read up on it, it was more complicated

theasushow
November 27th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Is it that easy?
Seems like that time i read up on it, it was more complicated

Nah man, just connect the HDMI from ur tv to ur computer, go to espn.com and then espn3 will stream live the game...hdmi connector goes right to ur tv. sometimes it can be fuzzy but all and all its usually good quality. espn3 will ask for ur cable provider and it will have to be one of the approved companies. (but the list is very long, i would imagine most companies are compatible)

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 08:22 PM

Wow. So no College Gameday on Saturday mornings, no midweek MAC games, no Thursday night NFL or College football.. Heck, no Monday Night Football anymore.

I'm not judging; just makes me question the amount of time I spend watching TV. I need a hobby.

LeeshaJo
November 27th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Wow. So no College Gameday on Saturday mornings, no midweek MAC games, no Thursday night NFL or College football.. Heck, no Monday Night Football anymore.

I'm not judging; just makes me question the amount of time I spend watching TV. I need a hobby.

I disconnected it originally to force my daughter to get outside during the summer and not be a couch potatoe and we realized we didn't miss it or need it. It was a shock the first month, I will admit that but we (not just KT) found ourselves all doing more outdoors and together.

cmaxwellgsu
November 27th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Nah man, just connect the HDMI from ur tv to ur computer, go to espn.com and then espn3 will stream live the game...hdmi connector goes right to ur tv. sometimes it can be fuzzy but all and all its usually good quality. espn3 will ask for ur cable provider and it will have to be one of the approved companies. (but the list is very long, i would imagine most companies are compatible)

Very easy indeed. I have friends that do this to watch games or just play with YouTube on their tv. Pretty cool.

coover
November 28th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Is it that easy?
Seems like that time i read up on it, it was more complicatedIt's that easy as long as (1) Your computer has an HDMI output jack and (2) Your TV has an HDMI input jack. Virtually all High Def TVs have the input jack, but older, 4 x 3 (the ratio of on the TV screen Width to Height) do not. Most of the newer laptops have the HDMI output jack, but many do not, and very few do if your laptop is more than a couple years old.

dudeitsaid
November 28th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I don't have cable, but half of the channels in our area come in over air on my antenna. I can't make it to some games due to work, but can catch it on TV, or bigskytv.com. But I will be 3 hours away on Saturday with no way to watch the game. The ESPN3 deal is a pain for this weekend!

Nickels
November 28th, 2012, 02:36 AM
That sucks.
Tell me about it. The ability to watch every FCS playoff game in high(ish) definition in one easy to use program just sucks.:D
http://i50.tinypic.com/qyfnsj.jpg

Twentysix
November 28th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Honestly, with the availability of all the quality programming online, one way or another, I have no clue how you old codgers make it infront of the tv at X:XX to catch your weekly shows. I also don't know where I would come up with the $1000 a year to have cable.

Watching everything other than sports on your own time, is amazing.

jonmac
November 28th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Honestly, with the availability of all the quality programming online, one way or another, I have no clue how you old codgers make it infront of the tv at X:XX to catch your weekly shows. I also don't know where I would come up with the $1000 a year to have cable.

BINGO!!

The cost for cable is getting astronomical and my wife and I have discovered Hulu. We watch the shows we want to watch when we want to watch them. Shows that aren't on Hulu are usually on the networks website. With the right computer they are in HD. I've also gotten to where the only football that I absolutely have to watch is ASU football. If I want to watch another game I can generally catch it on ESPN3 now that my ISP provides it.

As far as hooking the computer to the TV goes if your inputs don't match your outputs there are adapters available that are cheaper than buying a new set or computer. But as most folks upgrade they will match.

We have to realize and accept that hierarchies exist in all facets of life and as long as our schools play in a lower level we will have to deal with the hassles of it. Actually, it kind of makes me appreciate it more since I have to work so hard to get to watch.

Hammerhead
November 28th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Clenz can hook some people up with a login to access watchespn.com which is what I used to watch some of the first round games last week.

My wife and I start our workday at 5:00 AM and rarely watch any prime time TV live. It all gets recorded by the DVR and we watch some shows the next day or on the weekend.

deez_na
November 28th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Not sure about the rest but I'm pretty NDSU SDSU game will be on the local kvly channel like usual.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Tell me about it. The ability to watch every FCS playoff game in high(ish) definition in one easy to use program just sucks.:D

very nice view Nickels, Man I bet you could video conf that out on Facebook, be a cheap way for me to watch the game xsalutex

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM
That's a sweet set up!

That chair though....

Thunderstruck
November 28th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Not sure about the rest but I'm pretty NDSU SDSU game will be on the local kvly channel like usual.

Bison game will not be on any local channel to my understanding.

robsnotes4u
November 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM

No, like last year only game plan and espn3. The state of Montana had stations that tried last year, but I think the amount of money ESPN wanted was ridiculous.

Unless something changed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nickels
November 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM
That chair though....
xlolx Give me a break, I'm a broke college senior and everything I own was given to me or I bought on sale. I was using my rolling office chair that normally goes there but usually an hour and/or three beers into the first games; I get too excited, get on the edge of the seat, the chair slides out from under me, I fall and sling beer all over the living room. This has happened no less than 3-4 times this year xsmhx

very nice view Nickels, Man I bet you could video conf that out on Facebook, be a cheap way for me to watch the game xsalutexIve seen a few different post on katfans on how to get espn if your isp doesn't provide it. I haven't tried any though. Do some searching, I'm sure there is a way.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Ive seen a few different post on katfans on how to get espn if your isp doesn't provide it. I haven't tried any though. Do some searching, I'm sure there is a way.
Ran into some issues last week but now it's all good

Hammerhead
November 28th, 2012, 09:37 PM
The DirecTV guide lists the FCS playoff games as only in standard definition. :(

ecasadoSBU
November 28th, 2012, 10:09 PM

I do that and its looks nice for 50% of the time but the bandwidth is a bit unreliable. Sometimes it just gets too pixelated to tolerate

DJnva
November 28th, 2012, 10:19 PM
The DirecTV guide lists the FCS playoff games as only in standard definition. :(

That's cuz ESPN is the devil.

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
One of the quarterfinal games will be on ESPNU on Friday night 12/7 & then another quarterfinal will be on at 12 noon on Saturday - ESPN2 I think. Don't quote me on the channels but it's U/2/Mother station, one of those.

SpiritCymbal
November 30th, 2012, 02:18 PM
That's cuz ESPN is the devil.

It's b/c it's 1-aa football. hahaha....