PDA

View Full Version : Attendance App State rules with Montana second

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 07:14 PM
STANDING-ROOM ONLY: Montana and Montana State both finished the regular season ranked in the top 10 in total and average attendance in the FCS. Montana had 151,417 fans in six home games for an average of 25,236. Those marks were second only to Appalachian State, which had 167,787 fans in six home games for an average of 27,964. Montana State was eighth in total attendance (109,342) and eighth in average attendance (18,224). In attendance by capacity, Montana State was fifth, filling Bobcat Stadium to 119.92 percent of its listed capacity. Montana was 14th at 100.08 percent, and Eastern Washington was 17th at 98.94 percent. Montana drew a Washington-Grizzly Stadium record crowd of 26,210 to Saturday’s game against rival Montana State.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

theasushow
November 26th, 2012, 07:16 PM
same story, different year. great fan bases.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 07:25 PM
same story, different year. great fan bases.

Without a doubt, my wife loves her Griz. They are great when they still show up in off years. You need to bring the whole crew to Missoula next year and we can cover the mountain in the background

Twentysix
November 26th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I feel like Montana States % attendance does not reflect the addition to their stadium.

AppAlum2003
November 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Montana is a fairly large state - I'm too lazy to look up population densities in the major cities. So, someone tell me how far most Montana/St fans are driving to home games.

Do folks come from all over the state or are most fans locals?

Twentysix
November 26th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Montana is a fairly large state - I'm too lazy to look up population densities in the major cities. So, someone tell me how far most Montana/St fans are driving to home games.

Both football cities are under 100k. Montana is about a million in the entire state.

Apphole
November 26th, 2012, 07:38 PM
You had me at App State rules.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM

Lol

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM

Montana is a huge state but 90% of the people live from billings to the west. Billings is a little over two hours to Bozeman and then another three plus from there to Missoula. So it is conceivable that people travel to 6 games a year.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2012, 07:49 PM

Both UM & MSU have lots of fans that come from places like Billings, Butte, Helena, Great Falls, and smaller towns in the surrounding areas. There are some Griz fans I know personally that make the trip every game from Spokane as well. There are even a couple of Griz fans that come from Sidney, MT which is about a 10 hr. drive at normal highway cruising speed but for the majority of the fans that do have to hit a highway it is mostly short distances of under 150 miles.

Mostly come to the game from either Missoula or Bozeman though for each respective group.

footballer23
November 26th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Sounds to me like App State is HOT HOT HOT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxn48gtHoA

proasu89
November 26th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Sounds to me like App State is HOT HOT HOT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxn48gtHoA

Points for originality.

CopperCat
November 26th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I feel like Montana States % attendance does not reflect the addition to their stadium.

It does.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 09:25 PM
It does.

It was full last year at the Cat griz game and I can't count how many people stayed outside tailgating. Amazing tailgating, they could learn a lot from them in ND.

344Johnson
November 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM
It was full last year at the Cat griz game and I can't count how many people stayed outside tailgating. Amazing tailgating, they could learn a lot from them in ND.

Obvious troll is obvious. When two fanbases that tailgate...and are local rivals....tailgating is going to be excellent. Now if UND knew what tailgating was and we played them again, I imagine more alcohol would be consumed than in any other FCS tailgate experience outside of maybe those stupid SWAC bowl game things.

3rd Coast Tiger
November 26th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Congrats Mountaineers and Grizzlies.

UNH Fanboi
November 26th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Circle jerk!

Walkon79
November 26th, 2012, 09:41 PM

You're right. We're only about 103% of capacity after the expansion. Not sure why the NCAA can't fix this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walkon79
November 26th, 2012, 09:43 PM

A whole bunch of us drive over 400 miles round trip for every home game. For me personally it's 720 round trip, but I "only" made 4 games

Walkon79
November 26th, 2012, 09:47 PM
You're right. We're only about 103% of capacity after the expansion. Not sure why the NCAA can't fix this.

Our official new capacity is 17,777

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Obvious troll is obvious. When two fanbases that tailgate...and are local rivals....tailgating is going to be excellent. Now if UND knew what tailgating was and we played them again, I imagine more alcohol would be consumed than in any other FCS tailgate experience outside of maybe those stupid SWAC bowl game things.

Man, you are something. I attended und, and have been at bison games since 1983. Not one game is as close to last years cat game. Had drinks with one of the heads of NDSU this summer and he asked how NDSU could do better when he found out we were at the game at that game. He knows because the schools have an awesome relationship.

Front tent by the main entrance is the Miles City tent, yes a town has a tent, as do a lot of towns at the game. Food and booze is free. They have a donation box. That money goes to the MSU band, yes all of it. The band comes there and plays. Oh, did I forget, the Governor of Mt also stops in to say a few words. Game is done and everyone stays and parties late into the night.

I have been to both, no comparison. Wish all you want. You don't have it.

CopperCat
November 26th, 2012, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't let Schweitzer anywhere near my tailgate. He's a closet griz fan anyway.

But yes, I have seen the miles city bunch and will attest to the good time that they sponsor.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't let Schweitzer anywhere near my tailgate. He's a closet griz fan anyway.

But yes, I have seen the miles city bunch and will attest to the good time that they sponsor.

Lol. I went to grade school with those guys. At the end of the night, everyone is drunk but me, mr. DD, guys sitting on hay bales in the tent, playing loud music watching the Women dancing, my wife the only person dressed up in Griz gear.

Can't wait to go back next year. I suppose for my wife we should travel to Missoula and watch the game one of these years.

Walkon79
November 26th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Lol. I went to grade school with those guys. At the end of the night, everyone is drunk but me, mr. DD, guys sitting on hay bales in the tent, playing loud music watching the Women dancing, my wife the only person dressed up in Griz gear.

Can't wait to go back next year. I suppose for my wife we should travel to Missoula and watch the game one of these years.

Don't do it. I've held out for 25 years. You can too!!!

Well I did go to Missoula once with her in that time.

813Jag
November 27th, 2012, 07:11 AM
SWAC has now drawn the ire of the NDSU faithful. Move over Lehigh/Patriot league.

Apphole
November 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM

Hmm

It says that he joined in Sept 2005, but he clearly just now discovered the internet. Interesting.

AppAlum2003
November 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Hmm

It says that he joined in Sept 2005, but he clearly just now discovered the internet. Interesting.

Just wait until he finally watches Two Girls, One Cup and then checks out that political website lemonparty.org

Vitojr130
November 27th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Both UM & MSU have lots of fans that come from places like Billings, Butte, Helena, Great Falls, and smaller towns in the surrounding areas. There are some Griz fans I know personally that make the trip every game from Spokane as well. There are even a couple of Griz fans that come from Sidney, MT which is about a 10 hr. drive at normal highway cruising speed but for the majority of the fans that do have to hit a highway it is mostly short distances of under 150 miles.

Mostly come to the game from either Missoula or Bozeman though for each respective group.

Ugh, I feel for them. My gf's from Watford City. 6.5 hour drive from Fargo to go to what now resembles a dump. Hey, I guess the oil folks can do whatever they want as long as the money keeps flowing [/SARCASM]. Anyway, a 10 hour drive to any football game shows dedication.

footballer23
November 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Hmm

I started reading the thread and it brought back old memories. Just thought I'd share them. That's all.

Vitojr130
November 27th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Man, you are something. 1) I attended und, and have been at bison games since 1983. 2) Not one game is as close to last years cat game. Had drinks with one of the heads of NDSU this summer and he asked how NDSU could do better when he found out we were at the game at that game. He knows because the schools have an awesome relationship.

Front tent by the main entrance is the Miles City tent, yes a town has a tent, as do a lot of towns at the game. 3) Food and booze is free. They have a donation box. That money goes to the MSU band, yes all of it. The band comes there and plays. Oh, did I forget, the Governor of Mt also stops in to say a few words. Game is done and everyone stays and parties late into the night.

4) I have been to both, no comparison. Wish all you want. You don't have it.

1) That's obvious.

2) MSU does have a great atmosphere, but to say they are far and above NDSU's game day experience discredits yourself. The two are great.

3) You must not have been very nice at the Bison tailgate lot if you didn't get free booze and food.

4) I, and many other Bison faithful, have been to both as well (MSU/NDSU game 2 years ago). Both are great game day atmospheres. Leave it at that.

Walkon79
November 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM

Cats and Griz tailgates are like that every week. Not just the week of the brawl. I don't think we rival McNeese in this area, but it gets better every year in Bozeman anyway.

Walkon79
November 27th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I, and many other Bison faithful, have been to both as well (MSU/NDSU game 2 years ago). Both are great game day atmospheres. Leave it at that.

I plan on finding out for myself next Fall!!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 27th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Ugh, I feel for them. My gf's from Watford City. 6.5 hour drive from Fargo to go to what now resembles a dump. Hey, I guess the oil folks can do whatever they want as long as the money keeps flowing [/SARCASM]. Anyway, a 10 hour drive to any football game shows dedication.

My brother and his wife are in Watford City now and I love that Six Shooter/Outlaw place. F'n great food in that little place.

BluBengal07
November 27th, 2012, 03:15 PM

read it then saw the avatar.xlmaox

Twentysix
November 27th, 2012, 03:59 PM
My brother and his wife are in Watford City now and I love that Six Shooter/Outlaw place. F'n great food in that little place.

My neice and nephews mom works their. I would try it sometime if I didn't dislike her. Outlaw bar and grill.

Vitojr130
November 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM
My neice and nephews mom works their. I would try it sometime if I didn't dislike her. Outlaw bar and grill.

Before the boom my gf's aunt worked there. Food's alright, but is way overpriced (as is everything out there now).

Ahh thread drift. Gotta love it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM

Well that's too bad man but it's good eats, at least the burgers and fried pickles are real good. Sent Alpha over there a week or two ago and he said the same thing except he didn't like the fried pickles as well the ones we had down in SC but I think he just got a batch that wasn't cooked right cuz there was no difference in quality in the SC or ND ones that I had.

GAD
November 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM
SWAC has now drawn the ire of the NDSU faithful. Move over Lehigh/Patriot league.
Some folks just run there mouth and have no idea what they are talking about. lol

The Moody1
November 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I started reading the thread and it brought back old memories. Just thought I'd share them. That's all.

It is a catchy tune. xlolx

SoCon48
November 28th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I believe we won a national championship the year it hit the internet.