PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Carolina @ Old Dominion Sat 2:00 PM ESPN 3

ODU Oldtimer
November 26th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Looking foward to a Great Game..............

ODU 31 Coastal Carolina 21

17286 17287

Aim High

BluBengal07
November 26th, 2012, 07:49 AM
ODU. They've been quite impressive.

bodoyle
November 26th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Hoping it doesn't turn into a shoot-out. CCU's D was impressive last week against a mediocre Bethune team. Hoping the D keeps it up and I like our offense against anyone in the nation. Obviously I don't think we will be as prolific as we have been since we're facing a team with...you know....actual talent (unlike a couple of our recent opponents). I'll say CCU upsets ODU 24-21, maybe with a big special teams play.

UNHFootballAlum
November 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
No one has held ODU to 21 points. I don't think CCU does it either

Apphole
November 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
ODU rolls by 3 TD's.

No Big South team will make it past round 2 ever. Especially not against a title contender like ODU this year. I was not impressed by what I saw when we played the Beach Chickens. They need more dawgs.

asumike83
November 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Rooting for the Chants but I think ODU pulls away in the second half. CCU will get their points as well but ODU is just too good on the offensive side of the ball.

Eaglesrus
November 26th, 2012, 10:33 AM
56 - 52 Coastal Carolina in two overtimes (maybe not, but that's what I'd like to see happen).

WrenFGun
November 26th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I think ODU will put up 40-50 and CCU may put up 30, but I like ODU by 10+.

DJnva
November 26th, 2012, 10:59 AM
56 - 52 Coastal Carolina in two overtimes (maybe not, but that's what I'd like to see happen).

Going to be pretty tough to win by 4 in OT :)

I would imagine the game stays close for a little while as ODU and Heinicke adjust to what defense CC is throwing at them. As to CC holding ODU to 21 points....man, I just don't see that assuming something catastrophic doesn't happen.

Twentysix
November 26th, 2012, 11:01 AM
59-31 ODU

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I think ODU wins in a blowout fashion similar to SDSU-EIU in round 1.

pike51
November 26th, 2012, 12:16 PM
ODU wins big! Gets prepared to see GSU again

Eaglegus2
November 26th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Wishful thinking is CCU upsets ODU.

The plain truth is ODU 49 CCU 21.

DJnva
November 26th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I guess if I had to throw a score out there, it would be 45-20.

Eaglesrus
November 26th, 2012, 12:49 PM

I would imagine the game stays close for a little while as ODU and Heinicke adjust to what defense CC is throwing at them. As to CC holding ODU to 21 points....man, I just don't see that assuming something catastrophic doesn't happen.

Yeah, I guess they wouldn't kick the extra point, so I'll settle for 55 - 52.

Monarch History
November 26th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Old Dominion 38
Coastal Carolina 17

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Old Dominion 38
Coastal Carolina 17

What this guy said.

ASU_Fanatic
November 26th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Coastal is awful this year

ODU 52-17

CID1990
November 26th, 2012, 05:07 PM

ODU 52-17

I second this score prediction.

LehighU11
November 26th, 2012, 05:27 PM
ODU rolls by 3 TD's.

No Big South team will make it past round 2 ever. Especially not against a title contender like ODU this year. I was not impressed by what I saw when we played the Beach Chickens. They need more dawgs.

ODU will win. I think Stony Brook is going to surprise many this weekend with a win at Montana St. as long as their QB is back.

heath
November 26th, 2012, 06:16 PM

ODU 52-17

Kinda agree with this,remember the App St score? very similar

md64179
November 26th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I picked against Coastal last week, and I'm going to do it again this week. ODU by 14+

kdinva
November 28th, 2012, 09:03 PM
If CCU can get a halftime lead, they'll have a good amt. of confidence, I believe.

NDSU09
November 29th, 2012, 12:45 AM

CC Scores a TD and kicks an extra point and then ODU settles for a field goal :)

Or the only realisic way, block their PAT and run it back for 2 and then don't score

BullDog85
November 29th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Looks like it could be a closer game than anyone could imagine. Does the ODU team that lost to Villanova at home show up or does the one that beat Towson show up? CCU has been traveling well recently...do they continue or fold like a pocket knife like they did at Appy? CCU played Stony pretty tough it appears on the surface and the Stony team looked pretty convincing on paper against a Villanova team that man-handled ODU at home. Unless I'm missing something, I'm thinking this game is a toss up with a slight home advantage to the home team, ODU.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 29th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Coastal has the same chance as the image below. ODU by 30+

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPcNN1ze6BFYEEjHGmG6UJ2pbvCmvJa KH3ZIWIjGgog4ris3AG6g

DJnva
November 29th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Looks like it could be a closer game than anyone could imagine. Does the ODU team that lost to Villanova at home show up or does the one that beat Towson show up? CCU has been traveling well recently...do they continue or fold like a pocket knife like they did at Appy? CCU played Stony pretty tough it appears on the surface and the Stony team looked pretty convincing on paper against a Villanova team that man-handled ODU at home. Unless I'm missing something, I'm thinking this game is a toss up with a slight home advantage to the home team, ODU.

The team that showed up against Villanova, or the team that showed up in all the other games?

And you don't really buy the "They played SB tough, who beat Nova, who beat you" do you?

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/

I've got Citadel over Alabama in 6 steps:

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?winner=Citadel&loser=Alabama&year=2012&method=2#.ULd5MmeWaso

:)

DJnva
November 29th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I watched the press conference held by CC's coach--based on some things he said, CC has been rather inconsistent this year on defense and earlier in the year was giving up lots of yards after the catch. He said he wants to rush Heinicke, not to sack him, but to keep him in the pocket and not scrambling to extend plays. He's counting on making Heinicke throw underneath routes and making tackles as soon as the ball is caught.

Monarch History
November 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I watched the press conference held by CC's coach--based on some things he said, CC has been rather inconsistent this year on defense and earlier in the year was giving up lots of yards after the catch. He said he wants to rush Heinicke, not to sack him, but to keep him in the pocket and not scrambling to extend plays. He's counting on making Heinicke throw underneath routes and making tackles as soon as the ball is caught.

That's what Taylor has been doing all year. His bread and butter has been picking up yardage on short underneath 10-15 yard passes and lulling teams to sleep and then throwing a 30+ yard bomb. He just doesn't have one or two good receivers
but five or six with four of them having over 500 yards and the team having a combined 4000+ yards.

DJnva
November 29th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Interesting to note that despite the grief our defense gets (well deserved), they allow fewer yards per game than Coastal Carolina. More points, and that's what matters in the end, but it's interesting...

bodoyle
November 29th, 2012, 02:55 PM
There will be about 800 CCU fans there according to our ticket office. 2 buses of students, plus others in the area and people down here driving up (myself and Randy included).

GSUhooligan
November 29th, 2012, 10:53 PM
There will be about 800 CCU fans there according to our ticket office. 2 buses of students, plus others in the area and people down here driving up (myself and Randy included).

If ya'll win, I've got an autographed copy of Adrian Peterson's book with your name on it waiting for you in Statesvegas.

bodoyle
November 30th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Yea......you can keep that. I wouldn't want to take such a treasured piece of overrated GaSouth history from you ;)

BullDog85
November 30th, 2012, 08:50 AM
The team that showed up against Villanova, or the team that showed up in all the other games?

And you don't really buy the "They played SB tough, who beat Nova, who beat you" do you?

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/

I've got Citadel over Alabama in 6 steps:

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?winner=Citadel&loser=Alabama&year=2012&method=2#.ULd5MmeWaso

:)
We'll know for certain in about 31hrs .

VBR_Productions
December 1st, 2012, 07:30 AM
Below is Monarch Nation's preview of today's game.

http://monarchfans.com/articles/odus-fcs-title-hunt-starts-with-coastal-carolina

Monarch History
December 1st, 2012, 08:12 AM
Great writeup on the game by Joe. Now I'm on my way to watch what I hope will be a Monarch victory.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
CCU 21. ODU 28, 5 secs left in half!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
He's short!!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2012, 02:36 PM
Moglia goes for it - and ODU's defense holds firm, it looks like on the eplay....

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 02:36 PM
No defense in this game. Can't believe the coach went for it with 5 seconds left. Take the points.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM
What an epic stop by ODU.

kdinva
December 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM
Looks like after today ODU will solely carry the CAA banner.........

kdinva
December 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
63-35 monarchs..........6:20 to go.

rokamortis
December 1st, 2012, 04:49 PM
Congrats Monarchs - good luck the rest of the way.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 05:19 PM
63-35 monarchs..........6:20 to go.

Wow. I mean seriously Wow. 65 points in a playoff game

ITmonarch10
December 1st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Wow. I mean seriously Wow. 65 points in a playoff game

65 points isn't really good in any scenario for our defense. It was actually 35-35 at one point and again our defense decides to show up just when you think the other teams in going to make a game of it.

GSU EAGLES
December 1st, 2012, 05:46 PM
Is your defense any better than last year?

ITmonarch10
December 1st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Is your defense any better than last year?

Nope, It all offense like last year. Even if we beat GSU in a shootout NDSU will beat us for sure.

DJnva
December 1st, 2012, 06:41 PM
Nope, It all offense like last year. Even if we beat GSU in a shootout NDSU will beat us for sure.

The defense is better than last year. They aren't bad in the red zone at all and they make plays at opportune times.

Not to mention, when we played Ga Southern last year our All-CAA WR had to play DB because of injuries.

EDIT: Yeah, good call on losing to NDSU. That's the spirit.

ITmonarch10
December 1st, 2012, 06:56 PM
The defense is better than last year. They aren't bad in the red zone at all and they make plays at opportune times.

Not to mention, when we played Ga Southern last year our All-CAA WR had to play DB because of injuries.

EDIT: Yeah, good call on losing to NDSU. That's the spirit.

I want us to win more than anyone ,but when teams are constantly dropping 30+ points on us its not a winning formula for a championship. Champions can't rely one aspect of their game to carry them through the playoffs. It disturbs me how often we get teams in 3rd and long situations and fail to get teams off the field.

DJnva
December 1st, 2012, 07:48 PM
I get that, I do. But it's like you think the defense will play to type every week, but you don't expect the offense to do the same? Yes, a defense like NDSU is way above what we've faced, but if we gotta face them, I'll take Heinicke and see what happens.

VBR_Productions
December 1st, 2012, 11:16 PM
Below is Monarch Nation's coverage of the game.

http://monarchfans.com/articles/odu-surges-past-coastal-carolina-63-35

bodoyle
December 4th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Had a good time at the game. The ODU fans, all but 2, were very classy and nice to our group. If ODU doesn't win it all, I will be surprised. I think Maysonette will get the Payton just b/c he is a Senior, but Heinieke (sp) deserves it. The kid is ridiculous! Good luck the rest of the way. I'll be cheering for you guys!

ODU Oldtimer
December 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks........

Enjoyed talking and seeing your fans and band, when they were in the Mall before the game.

Thanks again

blueballs
December 5th, 2012, 10:15 AM
If ODU doesn't win it all, I will be surprised.

If they do nobody can say they didn't earn it... having to run the gauntlet of GSU, the NDSU/Wofford winner, then the title game. That's a long row to hoe.