PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Andy Talley and the Villanova Wildcats

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 24th, 2012, 05:54 PM
For doing such a good job of following through on why the CAA deserved more at large berths....not!

theasushow
November 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I bet Towson fans are...well you know.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 24th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I'm sure there are legions of despondent VU fans too.

Getting outbid and subsequently smoked by a Big South school is justification for league membership expulsion, IMO.

JMUNJ08
November 24th, 2012, 07:56 PM

Getting outbid and subsequently smoked by a Big South school is justification for league membership expulsion, IMO.

They should be downgraded to the Big East...

spdram
November 24th, 2012, 08:06 PM

I almost cried I laughed so hard -- good one!

VUCats02
November 24th, 2012, 10:06 PM

Thank you Richmond for your amazing showing in the 2012 FCS playoffs. Oh. Wait... xlolx

Never knew getting beat by 10 meant you got smoked. Guess Richmond has been smoked a lot of time in its history of football.

HailSzczur
November 24th, 2012, 10:35 PM

Is it a downgrade if your program wants it though?

HailSzczur
November 24th, 2012, 10:40 PM
For doing such a good job of following through on why the CAA deserved more at large berths....not!

Stony Brook was one hell of a team. Sure we didn't play our best, but SBU is good. I really look at it as the CAA has 4 teams in this year with SBU. If you're going to get on anyones case about winning in the playoffs it should be UNH. We earned our spot.....through a series of tie breakers....but we earned it none the less :D

Sader87
November 24th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Sort of a down year in Eastern football overall imo....no "really good" teams, a lot of "good" teams....parity prevailed in just about every Eastern conference be it the CAA, Ivy, Patriot or NEC.

ngineer
November 24th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Sort of a down year in Eastern football overall imo....no "really good" teams, a lot of "good" teams....parity prevailed in just about every Eastern conference be it the CAA, Ivy, Patriot or NEC.

Good observation....but having a lot parity does not necesarily mean that everyone was 'down', it's just that the talent is being spread over a broader spectrum of schools and will continue,hopefully, with increased scholarships.

Libertine
November 25th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Stony Brook was one hell of a team. Sure we didn't play our best, but SBU is good.

Stony Brook was also playing pretty much without a QB. Threw 6 passes on the night and is NOT an option team.

VUCats02
November 25th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Stony Brook was also playing pretty much without a QB. Threw 6 passes on the night and is NOT an option team.

Stony Brook also has the best RB in FCS and their backup RB gained over 800 yards in one season at Iowa.

Mr. C
November 25th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I opened this thinking someone was recognizing how classy Villanova had conducted itself in defeat, but instead I read smack on the discussion board. Why not give credit to Stony Brook for being a great team and credit Villanova for the great turnaround from 2-9 to 8-4 and the CAA auto bid?

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Delaware fans are a sullen bunch after watching all powerful Nova get whipped like that....

HailSzczur
November 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Well we're getting the Richmond butt hurt fans here, why not give a shout out to butt hurt Towson. One Nova fan compiled some great tweets from players #spadola
http://novafacts.blogspot.com/2012/11/towson-players-unleash-butthurt-tweets.html

DoubleH
November 25th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I was at the game, and having seen 2 other SB games this year, I can say this with confidence: the Brook is without a doubt one of the better teams in the country, and they 100% deserved an at-large berth. I even say this knowing their inclusion was likely at the expense of Towson.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I was at the game, and having seen 2 other SB games this year, I can say this with confidence: the Brook is without a doubt one of the better teams in the country, and they 100% deserved an at-large berth. I even say this knowing their inclusion was likely at the expense of Towson.

well said

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 25th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Well we're getting the Richmond butt hurt fans here, why not give a shout out to butt hurt Towson. One Nova fan compiled some great tweets from players #spadola
http://novafacts.blogspot.com/2012/11/towson-players-unleash-butthurt-tweets.html

Your team did get smoked at home by both Richmond and Towson this year, no?

For the record, I was really hoping VU would win. Simply a pathetic performance yesterday. Won't help us get more bids in the future.

Nova09
November 25th, 2012, 02:41 PM

For the record, I was really hoping VU would win. Simply a pathetic performance yesterday. Won't help us get more bids in the future.

Smoked by richmond? Did you watch the game? Or even read a report after it? Or even look at the line score? You scored a td late off an int by a freshman qb pressing because we were down late. Obviously that counts in the final score, but the game was really more o the 21-17 game the score was before that than what the final score showed. And we missed a fg earlier, so we could have been in a position where we only needed a fg to win, which would have changed the play calling and probably prevented the int that set up the final td. It was a close game, you got the better of us, I actually expected you to that week, but no one was smoked. Classy thread, btw.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 25th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Smoked by richmond? Did you watch the game? Or even read a report after it? Or even look at the line score? You scored a td late off an int by a freshman qb pressing because we were down late. Obviously that counts in the final score, but the game was really more o the 21-17 game the score was before that than what the final score showed. And we missed a fg earlier, so we could have been in a position where we only needed a fg to win, which would have changed the play calling and probably prevented the int that set up the final td. It was a close game, you got the better of us, I actually expected you to that week, but no one was smoked. Classy thread, btw.

Those look like the lyrics to a song called 'Ballad of a Loser'.

Nova09
November 25th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Those look like the lyrics to a song called 'Ballad of a Loser'.

You won fair and square. I'm not questioning that. I even said I expected you to win that day. I'm just pointing out that the game easily could have gone either way, so it doesn't qualify as one team smoking another.

Bossanova
November 25th, 2012, 05:12 PM
He Big S***

You have beaten Nova like once in the past decade. Why dont you shut the f*** uP?

CHIP72
November 25th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I do thank Andy Talley for getting Villanova turned around this season after the lost, post-Szczur, 2011 season. Despite the disappointing playoff loss, the Wildcats had a heck of a season for a fairly young team. Villanova should be back at their normal perch at or near the top of the CAA next season.

danefan
November 25th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Stony Brook also has the best RB in FCS and their backup RB gained over 800 yards in one season at Iowa.

1300 yards at Iowa.

Coker might be the 2nd best RB in the country.

Go...gate
November 25th, 2012, 10:33 PM

Maybe Talley should get over himself and allow VU to join the Patriot.....

WrenFGun
November 26th, 2012, 04:03 AM

God this is fantastic. At one point a player complains about not one, not two, but THREE teams who had autobids.

PJ McJorma
November 26th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Andy Talley to BC

VUCats02
November 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM

Hey BigHouseClosedEnd -Can you please explain to me how one CAA team losing to another CAA team in the first round of the playoffs will affect CAA bids in the future? I would be really eager to hear your reasoning behind this one.

danefan
November 26th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hey BigHouseClosedEnd -Can you please explain to me how one CAA team losing to another CAA team in the first round of the playoffs will affect CAA bids in the future? I would be really eager to hear your reasoning behind this one.

I was trying to figure that out myself....

ASUMountaineer
November 26th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I bet Towson fans are...well you know.

Still at home, on the couch watching other teams play football?

Go...gate
November 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Andy Talley to BC

Is this true?

LehighU11
November 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM

You can't blame the Towson players for being upset that UNH and Nova were chosen to represent the CAA when the Tigers handled both teams easily on the road. Towson was more deserving of an at-large than SHSU as well, considering both finished with 7 D1 wins but Towson actually had quality wins. At least the selection committee got it right by including SBU; they are a legitimate threat for every team in the tournament. Really enjoyed watching them beat Villanowhere yesterday...almost as much as I enjoyed seeing my Columbia Lions embarrass the Wildcats at the Pavillion last week.

Doc QB
November 26th, 2012, 11:24 AM

Didnt Coach Ambrose ban twitter in his program last year? I seem to remember it as a quote in the Baltimore Sun as well as on the TU athletics website. Wow. Lasted not even a year. Empty comments, way to deliver. Class.

HailSzczur
November 26th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Didnt Coach Ambrose ban twitter in his program last year? I seem to remember it as a quote in the Baltimore Sun as well as on the TU athletics website. Wow. Lasted not even a year. Empty comments, way to deliver. Class.

If it was anything like what we did for basketball last year, the ban was just for the season, and since that ended during the selection show, they'd be free to tweet all they wanted

HailSzczur
November 26th, 2012, 11:42 AM
You can't blame the Towson players for being upset that UNH and Nova were chosen to represent the CAA when the Tigers handled both teams easily on the road. Towson was more deserving of an at-large than SHSU as well, considering both finished with 7 D1 wins but Towson actually had quality wins. At least the selection committee got it right by including SBU; they are a legitimate threat for every team in the tournament. Really enjoyed watching them beat Villanowhere yesterday...almost as much as I enjoyed seeing my Columbia Lions embarrass the Wildcats at the Pavillion last week.

Don't even get me started with the basketball team.... To say Columbia embarrassed us is an understatement

HailSzczur
November 26th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Andy Talley to BC

Andy turns 70 this offseason. I can't see him picking up and leaving to start a project that big at this stage in his life. I am not worried 1 bit.

VUCats02
November 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
The only reason Nova should be worried about Talley is if he retires - not for going to another program. Pretty sure "Andy Talley to BC" was sarcasm.

HailSzczur
November 26th, 2012, 01:14 PM
The only reason Nova should be worried about Talley is if he retires - not for going to another program. Pretty sure "Andy Talley to BC" was sarcasm.

Its not the first place I've seen it

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2012, 02:45 PM

To me, they practically are, at least statistically.