PDA

View Full Version : I just have to say it . . .

89rabbit
November 24th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I just have to say it, one of the last two teams in - huh. xrolleyesx

swaghook
November 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM
xdeadhorsex Beating a dead horse we all know why they did what they did.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2012, 05:46 PM

The Bison were the last team in 2010, they won 2. SDSU won't ;)

Southern Bison
November 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Strong win against a powerful offense. I doubt anyone expected a rout like that. Congrats on today's win but that'll be as far as ya'll go.

swaghook
November 24th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Strong win against an over rated offense. I doubt anyone expected a rout like that. Congrats on today's win but that'll be as far as ya'll go.

FIFY

theasushow
November 24th, 2012, 06:02 PM
After being up 41-14 against Montana in the playoffs...and then giving up 34 4th quarter points in the same game...I will never have ANY faith in SDSU. I realize that was 3 years ago, but honestly, I dont care. Collapse of epic proportions.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2012, 06:12 PM

Is it possible that SDSU got the easiest 1st round game?

89rabbit
November 24th, 2012, 06:30 PM

How could that be we were one of the easiest teams in the playoffs, remember. xlolx

ITmonarch10
November 24th, 2012, 06:32 PM

Its really hard to say considering how bad the MEAC and OVC have done the last 13 years in the playoffs. However, the Colgate and Wagner game was probably the easiest game regardless who won it.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2012, 06:34 PM
How could that be we were one of the easiest teams in the playoffs, remember. xlolx

I never thought that. how many teams wouldnt have got in without the automatic bid.

I watched you guys against my ISUb and i figured you would win. I figured your linemen would give EIU fits. i wasnt sure how well their "high powered offense" would work when the Line was getting dominated.

ITmonarch10
November 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM

Nobody on the forums thought you were the last ones in. If I remember correctly, I thought they said on the selection show that Illinois St was the team that shouldn't of been allowed in due to who they lost against.

Now, if SDSU and Illinois St win in the next round you can count on 4 MVFC teams in next year.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Nobody on the forums thought you were the last ones in. If I remember correctly, I thought they said on the selection show that Illinois St was the team that shouldn't of been allowed in due to who they lost against.

That indicates to me that the committee uses rankings or the gpi more than people think. I think its its possible that the guys on that selection show havent looked at one game/article/stat/post prior to noon on the day of the show.

mmiller_34
November 24th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I never thought that. how many teams wouldnt have got in without the automatic bid.

I watched you guys against my ISUb and i figured you would win. I figured your linemen would give EIU fits. i wasnt sure how well their "high powered offense" would work when the Line was getting dominated.

The EIU D-line was always on the ground eight yards back from the LOS. The Rabbit O-line was completely dominant.

89rabbit
November 24th, 2012, 06:48 PM

That is kind of my point. The Chairman of the selection committee said we were one of the last two teams in. I never believed that and I am glad our boys went out and proved it. xthumbsupx

ITmonarch10
November 24th, 2012, 06:58 PM
That is kind of my point. The Chairman of the selection committee said we were one of the last two teams in. I never believed that and I am glad our boys went out and proved it. xthumbsupx

Screw the App St. Committee Chairman then. Now go out and off the Bison.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2012, 07:06 PM

The committee thought you guys were one of the 12 teams that had the best chance to be the National Champion. This tournament isn't about crowning #2, #10, or #20. It's about crowning ONE champion.

They thought you were one of those teams that needed to be in. What is it that makes some of you Jacks fans want to whine about being selected as one of the top teams in the country instead of watching your team prove it and being happy about it?

JFC, stop acting like you deserve something that you have yet to earn and just try and have some fun watching your team earn something.

mountaineerman
November 24th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Screw the App St. Committee Chairman then. Now go out and off the Bison.

Its about time the committee got some southern bias in the room

swaghook
November 24th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Other then a few die hard fans no one will remember how far your team goes in the play offs if you don't win it. It's the play offs not horseshoes close doesn't count in this game.

Hammerhead
November 24th, 2012, 07:21 PM
If SDSU wins next week, then that makes the conference champion (NDSU) look bad so I don't see how it helps the conference as a whole.

Now, if SDSU and Illinois St win in the next round you can count on 4 MVFC teams in next year.

ITmonarch10
November 24th, 2012, 07:25 PM
If SDSU wins next week, then that makes the conference champion (NDSU) look bad so I don't see how it helps the conference as a whole.

Brain Fart moment...:p

Grizo406
November 24th, 2012, 07:26 PM
After being up 41-14 against Montana in the playoffs...and then giving up 34 4th quarter points in the same game...I will never have ANY faith in SDSU. I realize that was 3 years ago, but honestly, I dont care. Collapse of epic proportions.

I almost left early in that one! Ever so glad I didn't!!

It was F'n AWESOME!!!

As you were...

mountaineerman
November 24th, 2012, 07:32 PM

Are you serious?

fmrbearkat
November 24th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Because there are soooo many contributing players that were actually playing in that game 3 years ago! Nice logic!! Think its possible that the seniors learned a little something about finishing a game from that?? I would say that would work to their advantage as they won't get cocky to early!

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2012, 08:31 PM

I disagree. It shows parity in your conference. Loosing 58-10 for your conference's 17th straight 1 and done loss makes your conference look bad.