PDA

View Full Version : WR Preview

smallcollegefbfan
August 16th, 2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2007wrpreview.html

They say TEs are coming soon. I also saw they are reporting about Hilliard. Looks like the NFL people already know. You figure they would. I am surprised that Hampton and App had receivers mentioned. I can see why when reading about those guys but just surprised since they have not been highly productive. Looks like Robinson and Ball are getting heavy looks. I was a little surprised that Travis White of North Dakota State was not mentioned but since he was injured last year that is probably why.

BEAR
August 16th, 2006, 09:28 PM
It's inevitable..the kid is a pro next year.:nod: :hurray:

"Pro scouts are also going to be intrigued by Central Arkansas WR Aaron Fairooz whose team moves up from DII football last year to the DIAA ranks this fall. The rangy 6-6 Fairooz dominated at the lower level last season hauling in 76 catches for almost 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns. "

Too bad he was hurt for the last few games of the season and playoffs...I couldn't imagine what he could have done for us against UNA..:read: :twocents:

Mr. C
August 16th, 2006, 09:31 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2007wrpreview.html

They say TEs are coming soon. I also saw they are reporting about Hilliard. Looks like the NFL people already know. You figure they would. I am surprised that Hampton and App had receivers mentioned. I can see why when reading about those guys but just surprised since they have not been highly productive. Looks like Robinson and Ball are getting heavy looks. I was a little surprised that Travis White of North Dakota State was not mentioned but since he was injured last year that is probably why.
App State's receivers are not unproductive, they just have so many good ones that the ball gets spread around quite a bit, unlike when the Mountaineers had DaVon Fowlkes catching 103 passes a couple of years ago. They have seven or eight guys who can hurt you.

Hampton had trouble with quarterbacks last season, so that may have limited their production. The Pirates also had two 1,000-yard rushers, so they didn't have to pass too much.