PDA

View Full Version : Montana - BREAKING Jordan Johnson Information

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 24th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I wont say this information is 100% but it usually is very solid....and I feel comfortable enough to throw it out there.

Word from an "unnamed source" (I know his name) is that the accuser will recant her story about the alleged rape.......stay tuned

Bronco
November 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM
This would be very good news

LehighU11
November 24th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Doesn't necessarily mean her story isn't true. The woman (who you really shouldn't label an accuser unless you know for a fact she wasn't raped) may be emotionally drained from what she's been through and has had enough with reliving the trauma.

Nothing related to this terrible event should be considered "very good news." UM had some serious institutional failures under O'Day.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Doesn't necessarily mean her story isn't true. The woman (who you really shouldn't label an accuser unless you know for a fact she wasn't raped) may be emotionally drained from what she's been through and has had enough with reliving the trauma.

Nothing related to this terrible event should be considered "very good news." UM had some serious institutional failures under O'Day.

I agree with your comment on ODay he allowed a bad culture to be created but this story was bull**** from the beginning, it will be nice for JJ to get this behind him and get on with life. If and when this is dropped I hope she gets hers for lying about the whole thing, her name needs to be dragged through the mud for awhile so all of her personalities can see what its like.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2012, 12:22 PM
This really hasn't added up from the beginning. There are some text messages that the public hasn't seen yet as well that make you really think maybe this isn't what it was said it is.

It's really too bad cuz neither of these two people are gonna have any sense of vindication no matter what happens. Both will carry a certain amount of hatred towards them for a very, very long time to come I imagine.

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Wow, excellent block and catch.

Wrong thread :D

LehighU11
November 24th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I agree with your comment on ODay he allowed a bad culture to be created but this story was bull**** from the beginning, it will be nice for JJ to get this behind him and get on with life. If and when this is dropped I hope she gets hers for lying about the whole thing, her name needs to be dragged through the mud for awhile so all of her personalities can see what its like.

And had O'Day handled the situation properly from the beginning, people wouldn't have seen an opportunity to make allegations against athletes who had no part in these acts. Really sad that these two kids' lives have been damaged regardless of the truth.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Wrong thread :D

No boubt, seems out of place here.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 24th, 2012, 12:49 PM
And had O'Day handled the situation properly from the beginning, people wouldn't have seen an opportunity to make allegations against athletes who had no part in these acts. Really sad that these two kids' lives have been damaged regardless of the truth.

Agreed

SeattleGriz
November 24th, 2012, 01:21 PM
How about the University and how they treated Johnson before the charges. I love the U, but feel a lawsuit, much like Duke would be warranted.

Expose some and clean house at the U so this doesn't happen to another student.

Gringer1
November 24th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Well, Montana had to find some way to make the news during the playoffs :P

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 24th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah the funny part is that us NOT being in the playoffs we will still make a bigger impact than some teams............................

SeattleGriz
November 24th, 2012, 03:02 PM

Would you mind listing those failures for me if you don't mind? I only know of a couple and am interested to see if someone from another school has better info! Could easily be possible, as all my information comes online.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 24th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Ok now I am willing to say its 100% going to happen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bobcathpdevil56
November 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Alpha, couple of questions

First, are the Griz gonna welcome him back?
Did he lose a year of eligibility? Was he in school this year?

Thanks

mvemjsunpx
November 24th, 2012, 08:45 PM

Thanks

Johnson played as a true freshman, so this counts as his redshirt year.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 24th, 2012, 08:52 PM

Thanks

I dont know on either account.

I would think to avoid a lawsuit that UM would let him back ASAP.

Second I dont know if they have a special exception for eligibility in cases like this. Sorry I cant be anymore help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I wont say this information is 100% but it usually is very solid....and I feel comfortable enough to throw it out there.

Word from an "unnamed source" (I know his name) is that the accuser will recant her story about the alleged rape.......stay tuned

Really sucks to lose a year if it wasn't true.

robsnotes4u
November 24th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I have read motions made public and a lot has been hidden by the prosecutors. I said earlier that would not go to court in the end. You have a girl who chased him, said she wanted to have sex with him sometime, had sex with with when her two male roommates were home. Went and told them she might have been raped, then went back and they showered. To top it off she gives him a ride home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeattleGriz
November 24th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Johnson played as a true freshman, so this counts as his redshirt year.

I guess I don't understand how this year could even count as a redshirt year, with as little time as he got to spend with the team. Must be ANY time after last year was over is counted towards a year of eligibility.

AaronRodgersJewBeard
November 24th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I guess I don't understand how this year could even count as a redshirt year, with as little time as he got to spend with the team. Must be ANY time after last year was over is counted towards a year of eligibility.

Once you start playing college football, you have 5 years to play 4. Even if you take a year off, it still counts as a year of eligibility. I would assume that since he had a redshirt available, that he could use that to cover for this year.

Green26
November 24th, 2012, 11:40 PM

If she recants, it means her story wasn't true.

Green26
November 24th, 2012, 11:43 PM

What do you think O'Day could have done differently, or what was not handled properly?

In particularly, what could he have done different to cause people not to make allegations like this?

putter
November 25th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Does Florio have to give back her Pulitzer.......xconfusedx

SeattleGriz
November 25th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Once you start playing college football, you have 5 years to play 4. Even if you take a year off, it still counts as a year of eligibility. I would assume that since he had a redshirt available, that he could use that to cover for this year.

Thank you for the information, I didn't think this would pertain, but apparently it does. Didn't know that once you started football, you only got 5 years.

Mr. C
November 25th, 2012, 10:52 AM

But not before stealing a season from Jordan Johnson.

Mr. C
November 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM

From what I have been told by very good Montana sources about this case and from my background covering law and the courts over the years, I seriously doubt that this case would have ever resulted in any charges being filed if 1) Jordan Johnson were not a Montana football player and 2) All of the other off-field stuff had not turned this into a political issue. There just wasn't a lot of evidence here that a crime was committed and there was plenty of evidence that the alleged victim had made up the story for some reason. There wasn't a lot of reason to think this was anything more than consent.

And Jim O'Day was just made to be a scapegoat in this thing, as was Robin Pflugrad.

Green26
November 25th, 2012, 11:05 AM
These rumors have been around for several weeks--what I heard was that the accuser was getting cold feet about pursuing the allegation and testifying, not necessarily recanting. It will be interesting to see what comes from this. If the case were to go to trial, the accuser would have alot of explaining to do regarding her inconsistent texts, statements and actions. The rumor mill says Johnson's lawyers have a major league lawsuit teed up to be brought against the university for damages. This would presumably involve the horrible and biased process used by the university against Johnson in the university honor court process. Given that Johnson lost the honor court process and the appeals within the university system, it looks like the university must have gotten quite nervous about a lawsuit and liability--as they allowed Johnson to continue to stay in school during the fall semester, presumably still with his scholarship.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Thank you for the information, I didn't think this would pertain, but apparently it does. Didn't know that once you started football, you only got 5 years.

There may be some injury exceptions for this. I have seen 6th yr seniors before.

Green26
November 25th, 2012, 11:17 AM
There may be some injury exceptions for this. I have seen 6th yr seniors before.

At this point, he doesn't need any relief. He had his redshirt year to use. If he can get back this coming year, he will have his remaining two years to play with the 5-year period. The applicable exception, besides medical redshirt, is for religious missions (LDS) and military service. There is also a related catch-all phrase. The UM d-back charged and then acquitted of murder, was given a 6th year (for this 4th year of play) under this exception, after application to the ncaa.

gsu_paintballer
November 25th, 2012, 11:17 AM

That's the exception. If you've redshirted and you miss the majority of a season due to injury, you can be granted sixth year.

SeattleGriz
November 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM
At this point, he doesn't need any relief. He had his redshirt year to use. If he can get back this coming year, he will have his remaining two years to play with the 5-year period. The applicable exception, besides medical redshirt, is for religious missions (LDS) and military service. There is also a related catch-all phrase. The UM d-back charged and then acquitted of murder, was given a 6th year (for this 4th year of play) under this exception, after application to the ncaa.

Thanks Green. This is where I was getting caught up on the 5 to play 4 rule.

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Question is did he stay in school?

Green26
November 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Question is did he stay in school?

He stayed in school. He's continued to work out and throw. He attended at least some of the games, as well as other UM sporting events.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 25th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Man we sure have more than our fair share of guys needing to rid themselves of felonies.....................murder, rape curbstomping............its mindbottleing.

Green26
November 25th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Partially true on felonies. These are only felony charges I can recall, all of which were in the past 5.5 years. Murder (acquitted and rejoined team). Rape (one pled guilty, and the only other is Johnson who virtually no one thinks will be guilty). House burglary (initially charged with felonies, but don't think anyone actually went to prison). Fight (overcharged initially with felonies, and later the prosecution had to reduce charges to misdemeanors when medical testimony undercut the initial charges). Two ecstasy pills (will likely be resolved without a felony on record). There were no for curb-stomping, except maybe one of the frosh kicked at the kid they beat on. No player charged with a felony ever played another down for UM, except Wilson, who was acquitted.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 25th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Nobody said any players ever played for UM again, what many many people say is that is a lot of crime for a little FCS school in the mountains.

Overcharged
Excuses
Guilty
Not guilty
none of the deflection matters.

It looks bad and it needs to stop

kdinva
November 25th, 2012, 02:32 PM
The UM d-back charged and then acquitted of murder, was given a 6th year (for this 4th year of play) under this exception, after application to the ncaa.

Sorry, NCAA was wrong there.......the criminal charge is not equal to a religious sabbatical, or military service.......just one opinion.

Green26
November 25th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Nobody said any players ever played for UM again, what many many people say is that is a lot of crime for a little FCS school in the mountains.

Overcharged
Excuses
Guilty
Not guilty

Most everyone agrees that it looks bad and needs to stop. Perhaps you should talk to the police and prosecutors about over-charging, as well as an accuser or two about false or marginal allegations. Of course, the players have a large role in this too. Much of the problem has been players doing stupid or really stupid things, or putting themselves in bad situations, and then getting over-charged or falsely accused. The house burglary was bad, and the frosh fight looked worse than it was because it was over-charged, but except for those 2 things and not including the acquittals and dismissals, UM's situation doesn't look nearly as bad. Here's a question for you: since it appears you believe JJ has been falsely accused, how do you fault him or what should he have done differently?

Green26
November 25th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Sorry, NCAA was wrong there.......the criminal charge is not equal to a religious sabbatical, or military service.......just one opinion.

Sorry, the ncaa gets to do what it wants to do in this regard. One of the prongs of the exceptions to the 5-year rule says "extensions that have been approved in accordance with NCAA legislation." Looks like they can do what they want to do on this subject. See the rule quoted below.

"You are not eligible if five calendar years have passed from the date you first registered as a full-time student at a collegiate institution and attended your first day of classes for that term, except for time spent in the armed services, on official church missions or with recognized international aid services of the U.S. government and extensions that have been approved in accordance with NCAA legislation. [Bylaw 14.2.1]"

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 25th, 2012, 03:06 PM

If they didnt let him back on the field the NAACP would have sued so it was a lose lose situation.

tourguide
November 25th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Wonder ifhis lawsuit will be to allow him to transfer. i would if i was him

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 25th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Most everyone agrees that it looks bad and needs to stop. Perhaps you should talk to the police and prosecutors about over-charging, as well as an accuser or two about false or marginal allegations. Of course, the players have a large role in this too. Much of the problem has been players doing stupid or really stupid things, or putting themselves in bad situations, and then getting over-charged or falsely accused. The house burglary was bad, and the frosh fight looked worse than it was because it was over-charged, but except for those 2 things and not including the acquittals and dismissals, UM's situation doesn't look nearly as bad. Here's a question for you: since it appears you believe JJ has been falsely accused, how do you fault him or what should he have done differently?

There are a lot of things he could have done differently to ensure this never happened......of course you will call BS on all of them but they are 100% fool proof:

Dont text message a girl that isnt your girlfriend
Dont screw a girl that isnt your girlfriend
Study instead of screwing any girls
If your going to screw a crazy bitch get it on video.
**** her mouth
Get a consent form.

GATA
November 25th, 2012, 05:10 PM
So wait...did the kid Teabag this girl or not?

Green26
November 25th, 2012, 05:51 PM
So wait...did the kid Teabag this girl or not?

Check out the facts section in this linked motion to dismiss.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/59/659845fd-6535-52ea-bbc8-7ef21086a8dc/5023216dd70fc.pdf.pdf

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM

Overcharged
Excuses
Guilty
Not guilty

A player you and I know was in Missoula for his brothers induction in the Griz hall of fame,and spoke with the AD, there will be sanctions coming down from the NCAA because of all the crap. Don't know how harsh.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM
A player you and I know was in Missoula for his brothers induction in the Griz hall of fame,and spoke with the AD, there will be sanctions coming down from the NCAA because of all the crap. Don't know how harsh.

The day I saw Kemp back on the field was a pretty good sign to me that the NCAA didn't come up with too much on the matter. Not saying it won't be something but I just don't think they found what they were looking for or what some had speculated they were looking for.

SeattleGriz
November 25th, 2012, 09:07 PM
The day I saw Kemp back on the field was a pretty good sign to me that the NCAA didn't come up with too much on the matter. Not saying it won't be something but I just don't think they found what they were looking for or what some had speculated they were looking for.

Been saying it from the start of all this, when it is all said and done, I am positive Montana fans will say, "Whew, that's not too bad" about all the football allegations.

I still want to see what the DOE and DOJ has to say about Engstrom letting the Saudi national get away with two rapes and skipping town.

uofmman1122
November 26th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Really hope this is true. Moreso because it means he really didn't rape her than for any football reasons.

If/when he's acquitted, I hope he sticks around to play. I don't know why he wouldn't. He really seems to love UM despite all that he's been through.

So do people feel like this will still go to trial??

GtFllsGriz
November 26th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Late to the party here. This would be great news indeed. I think most have thought that the charges were politically motivated. I have always believed that the prosecution would have a difficult time getting their victim to testify in court with all that has been made public about this situation.

ASUMountaineer
November 26th, 2012, 10:32 AM

Incorrect. She is an accuser until it is proven in a court of law that she was raped. Of course she should be labeled as an accuser until the case goes to court and the accused is convicted of rape. Until then, she is accusing someone (the accused) of a crime--it's actually a quite literal and appropriate label.

Would you prefer to label her a "rape victim" even though it has not been proven that she was indeed raped?

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Incorrect. She is an accuser until it is proven in a court of law that she was raped. Of course she should be labeled as an accuser until the case goes to court and the accused is convicted of rape. Until then, she is accusing someone (the accused) of a crime--it's actually a quite literal and appropriate label.

Would you prefer to label her a "rape victim" even though it has not been proven that she was indeed raped?

100% correct.

100%GRIZ
February 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM
With the jury almost put together I would assume she will be recanting her story any second now - right Alphie?