PDA

View Full Version : Keep Doubting Thanksgiving!

AppAlum2003
November 21st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Christmas gets all the love this time of year. In fact, thanksgiving has turned into Christmas shopping kickoff day. But we all know Turkey Day is where it's at. No respect.

GATA_Eagles
November 21st, 2012, 08:54 PM
Rep for you. That's pretty funny.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2012, 09:11 PM
I doubt Thanksgiving

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

proasu89
November 21st, 2012, 09:14 PM
I doubt Thanksgiving

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Don't do it!

HailSzczur
November 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Thanksgiving is really over rated. It had a really strong showing last year, and people are just excited this year because of that. It hasn't done anything to gain my respect yet. If Thanksgiving actually had some decent holidays to compete with in the fall I would take it seriously.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
November 21st, 2012, 09:36 PM
I think Thanksgiving is underrated actually. It gets a bit of a bad rap sometimes because every year it allows the Detroit Lions to ruin festivities, but if it can correct that problem, it would be unbeatable.

sgt smash
November 21st, 2012, 09:46 PM
Thanksgiving is really over rated. It had a really strong showing last year, and people are just excited this year because of that. It hasn't done anything to gain my respect yet. If Thanksgiving actually had some decent holidays to compete with in the fall I would take it seriously.

Replace "Thanksgiving" with "Sam Houston" and we are back to the original thread about doubting.

RichH2
November 21st, 2012, 09:58 PM
Very funny thread. Thanks for the chuckles.

sgt smash
November 21st, 2012, 10:19 PM
Replace "Thanksgiving" with "Sam Houston" and we are back to the original thread about doubting.

Kat Fans, I was connecting the dots to the original doubting post. I respect the hell out of your team. Hope my team sees your team this year.

Gringer1
November 21st, 2012, 10:33 PM

You don't think the fall has some good holidays? I think it's the toughest schedule to play. Thanksgiving has to play Halloween and Christmas back to back with new years immediately after. There aren't many holidays that can survive that slate, but Thanksgiving holds its own.

HailSzczur
November 21st, 2012, 10:47 PM
You don't think the fall has some good holidays? I think it's the toughest schedule to play. Thanksgiving has to play Halloween and Christmas back to back with new years immediately after. There aren't many holidays that can survive that slate, but Thanksgiving holds its own.

Yeah, but how does Thanksgiving think they can make the postseason scheduling those commercial games like Christmas? Plus what did their AD think scheduling Columbus Day? What are they DIII?

tourguide
November 21st, 2012, 10:49 PM
This thread is rasict against native Americans and should be retired like und's old nickname

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2012, 11:18 PM
This thread is rasict against native Americans and should be retired like und's old nickname

I almost fell out of my chair when I read this! Haha!

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2012, 11:20 PM
Clearly Santa's Sleigh has more SPEED than the Mayflower....Christmas > Thanksgiving

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2012, 11:25 PM
Yeah, but how does Thanksgiving think they can make the postseason scheduling those commercial games like Christmas? Plus what did their AD think scheduling Columbus Day? What are they DIII?
The problem with Thanksgiving is there's no other quality holidays in November. I mean, pretty much all you have is Veterans Day and Black Friday and those are pushovers compared to what Christmas has to go through in December. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve. It's a gauntlet! Maybe if Thanksgiving would have a decent non-conference holiday it would get a little respect. Until then, give me National Talk Like a Pirate Day in my bracket.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
November 21st, 2012, 11:41 PM
The problem with Thanksgiving is there's no other quality holidays in November. I mean, pretty much all you have is Veterans Day and Black Friday and those are pushovers compared to what Christmas has to go through in December. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve. It's a gauntlet! Maybe if Thanksgiving would have a decent non-conference holiday it would get a little respect. Until then, give me National Talk Like a Pirate Day in my bracket.

Boxing Day? It's 244 in Sagarin, just one spot in front of Valparaiso.

frozennorth
November 22nd, 2012, 12:26 AM
pretty sure thanksgiving would be instantly competitive if they moved up to the spring10, at least this year since the competition is so bad and friday the 13 and leap year are ineligable

NDSUBowler
November 22nd, 2012, 12:29 AM
With how highly Thanksgiving is ranked, you think they wouldn't have to compete with the winners of Christmas and New Years and instead would get to play cupcakes travelling from the spring, like National Missing Childrens Day and May Day....the holiday committee should be outraged over this.

Tubakat2014
November 22nd, 2012, 12:31 AM
Thanksgiving plays pretty good games against people who are on diets, but I'm not convinced that success will translate well enough to overcome Santa's sleigh, which is a very gifted receiver. Of gifts.

But yeah, I'm so tired of rabid Thanksgiving fans. I bet they'd shut up if they were on the same side of the bracket as Easter! They can... they can... uh... shove a huge Massey up their Sagarins!

Twentysix
November 22nd, 2012, 02:13 AM

Christmas has a yearly rivalry game with Hanukah out of the Jewish conference and Kwanza with the black people conference. Easily the toughest yearly schedule.

walliver
November 22nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
I don't get the love for Christmas. Their strength of schedule is horrible. The only other decent team in the league is their big rival Easter in the Battle of the Holy Grail, and Easter isn't even a national holiday in the US. Look at their conference schedule; Epiphany, All Saint's Day, Pentecost, Maundy Thursday (what kind of holiday falls on a Thursday?). Their OOC schedule consists of Hannukah (a basketball holiday) and Kwaanza, a HBCU* which skips the playoffs to participate in the Allstate HBCU classic against Martin Luther King Jr Day.

Thanksgiving's SEC* schedule is much tougher, taking on big state holidays like Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. Some of you may complain about the lower half of the conference, but Flag Day would probably have a winning record if it played in Christmas's conference.

* HBCU - historically black celebrations and undertakings
* SEC - Secular and Ecumenical Celebrations

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
17277.....FANS O' THANKSGIVIN'...HAVE OVERAH-TAKEN DUH BOARD..........LOT LIKE.......DUH SKANDIES....SINCE DEY'RE.....FRISCO SUCCESS...........xtwocentsx......AWK!

AppAlum2003
November 22nd, 2012, 08:43 AM
Good job everyone. I went to bed shortly after making this thread and you guys did not disappoint.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2012, 08:49 AM
17277.....FANS O' THANKSGIVIN'...HAVE OVERAH-TAKEN DUH BOARD..........LOT LIKE.......DUH SKANDIES....SINCE DEY'RE.....FRISCO SUCCESS...........xtwocentsx......AWK!

We're a pretty relentless bunch. How else you gonna live in that climate?

eaglewraith
November 22nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Clearly Santa's Sleigh has more SPEED than the Mayflower....Christmas > Thanksgiving

But Thanksgiving ran for over 300 yards against Halloween. No way that Christmas can contain that speed. Christmas's defense isn't going to know what them. And on Christmas's turf, Thanksgiving will be even faster.

HailSzczur
November 22nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
I think we can all agree that Thanksgiving should move up and join the rest of the Federal Holidays where they belong. They should be getting an invite anyone of these days

PhillyApp1
November 22nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
I don't get the love for Christmas. Their strength of schedule is horrible. The only other decent team in the league is their big rival Easter in the Battle of the Holy Grail, and Easter isn't even a national holiday in the US. Look at their conference schedule; Epiphany, All Saint's Day, Pentecost, Maundy Thursday (what kind of holiday falls on a Thursday?). Their OOC schedule consists of Hannukah (a basketball holiday) and Kwaanza, a HBCU* which skips the playoffs to participate in the Allstate HBCU classic against Martin Luther King Jr Day.

Thanksgiving's SEC* schedule is much tougher, taking on big state holidays like Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. Some of you may complain about the lower half of the conference, but Flag Day would probably have a winning record if it played in Christmas's conference.

* HBCU - historically black celebrations and undertakings
* SEC - Secular and Ecumenical Celebrations

Thanksgiving is an Indian celebration to start the playoffs...how much cred can be given to opening round games.....The real games are played by the BIG Boys after New Years.....It is not even competitive...Its like playing DII teams and expecting to make the playoffs ;-)

SpeedkingATL
November 22nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
How can one take a team like Thanksgiving U seriously when the mascot is a Turkey??? (regrets to Va Tech)

PhillyApp1
November 22nd, 2012, 09:18 AM
But Thanksgiving ran for over 300 yards against Halloween. No way that Christmas can contain that speed. Christmas's defense isn't going to know what them. And on Christmas's turf, Thanksgiving will be even faster.

Thanksgiving plays that stupid TO...it doesn't have the players to play with BIG boys....trickery SUCKS....Thanksgiving will never make it to the next round in the playoffs !!

bojeta
November 22nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/PolyPilgrims.jpg

PhillyApp1
November 22nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
How can one take a team like Thanksgiving U seriously when the mascot is a Turkey??? (regrets to Va Tech)

So True....Va Tech and Thanksgiving...gobble gobble gobble !! Go Gobblers !!! ...NOT serious about the game

they will never be taken seriously and the team speed will ALWAYS keep them slow ...Too much Turkey makes players lethargic and slow

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 22nd, 2012, 10:41 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/263618_554107091270305_1375997154_n.jpg

Eaglesrus
November 22nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Christmas gets all the love this time of year. In fact, thanksgiving has turned into Christmas shopping kickoff day. But we all know Turkey Day is where it's at. No respect.

Great post, particularly because it's so true!

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
17278.....C'MON....THANKSGIVIN'S SKED......WAS EASIER....DAN....LEHIGH'S.........ALL-DOUGH........DEY DID BEAT.....MOS' OF 'EM......BETTERAH...xnodx....AWK!

Southern Bison
November 22nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Thanksgiving's OOC games this season were atrocious. They blew through Flag Day and the other cupcake game against Valentine's Day was just a massacre. Of course, they're a good program with one of the oldest histories in the league, but that tweeting incident last season really clipped their wings in their flight to Frisco.

Drblankstare
November 22nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Seriously who schedules 2 D1's and a D2 in the same year, your just asking for problems. C'mon Thanksgiving time to get a new AD.

SpeedkingATL
November 22nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
So True....Va Tech and Thanksgiving...gobble gobble gobble !! Go Gobblers !!! ...NOT serious about the game

they will never be taken seriously and the team speed will ALWAYS keep them slow ...Too much Turkey makes players lethargic and slow

Thanks for giving me the negitive rep points and then making a positive comment on my post

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
...gobble gobble gobble
...from jive turkey gobblers....

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1101/nfl-coaching-carousel/images/jim-harbough.jpg

gasoutherneagle
November 22nd, 2012, 05:25 PM
I'm most definitely thankful for the ham, dressing and bottle of Menage a Trois that Mrs. gasoutherneagle and I polished off.

GATA Mrs. gasoutherneagle... Thankful for you and the eaglets, too.

proasu89
November 22nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
Well I think we can all agree that Thanksgiving put up another solid performance. Sure it gave up a lot of yards but the defence made enough big plays to seal the victory. If anyone still doubts, just ask the Lions, they haven't beat Thanksgiving since 03!

HailSzczur
November 22nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Well I think we can all agree that Thanksgiving put up another solid performance. Sure it gave up a lot of yards but the defence made enough big plays to seal the victory. If anyone still doubts, just ask the Lions, they haven't beat Thanksgiving since 03!

You kidding me? The Jet's look like a DII school out there. That's going to hurt their SOS. Hopefully Thanksgiving doesn't play in the CAA, because the Sagarin ratings aren't going to like them at all.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
Christmas has a yearly rivalry game with Hanukah out of the Jewish conference and Kwanza with the black people conference. Easily the toughest yearly schedule.

Agreed, Thanksgiving's problem is playing in weak conference of Fall holidays, i.e. Columbus Day, Armistace/Veteran's Day, Halloween,Yom Kipur, Roshashona. It's so easy to win 10 games against these lightweights it will always be ***** upon by the Holiday Committee.

Tubakat2014
November 22nd, 2012, 11:47 PM
You kidding me? The Jet's look like a DII school out there. That's going to hurt their SOS. Hopefully Thanksgiving doesn't play in the CAA, because the Sagarin ratings aren't going to like them at all.

DII quarterbacks don't slam head first into the back of their right guard and fumble the ball for an opponent touchdown.

But I digress... Thanksgiving proved itself to be a worthy match, but there's some rebuilding to be done for next year. I hear their head coach, Chuwa Terkie, might be looking for a new job soon.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
I think Thanksgiving played well enough for the win, it was a short week after all. They "mashed" the ball into the defense all day long, "stuffed" the run and took those turkeys out behind the woodshed. The fact that they ran up 637 yards of offense too was just "gravy".

I am sure that they will drop off some baggage and be ready to "roll" again next year.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 23rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
The only person who could possibly beat Thanksgiving is Vince Wilfork.

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Agreed, Thanksgiving's problem is playing in weak conference of Fall holidays, i.e. Columbus Day, Armistace/Veteran's Day, Halloween,Yom Kipur, Roshashona. It's so easy to win 10 games against these lightweights it will always be ***** upon by the Holiday Committee.

Halloween is not a light-weight... one of the top three holidays to gorge on sweets. What are you smoking? Typical Lehgh homer... clueless.

citdog
November 23rd, 2012, 11:49 AM

you mock our day of atonement but it's actually pretty damn cool. I don't eat for one day and ALL my sins for the year are forgiven. TOP THAT!

AppMan
November 23rd, 2012, 12:25 PM

Thanksgiving is about the most politically correct holiday we celebrate. European white folks breaking bread with native Americans. Who would of thunk it?

Gringer1
November 23rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
Thanksgiving is about the most politically correct holiday we celebrate. European white folks breaking bread with native Americans. Who would of thunk it?

Because it didn't exactly happen like that. It was a little more like

http://espressostalinist.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/article2_genocide.jpg

AppMan
November 23rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Halloween is not a light-weight... one of the top three holidays to gorge on sweets. What are you smoking? Typical Lehgh homer... clueless.

Halloween is the perfect example of how Americans will use any excuse to party.

AppMan
November 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
Because it didn't exactly happen like that. It was a little more like

http://espressostalinist.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/article2_genocide.jpg

Don't believe the Pilgrims were ever implicated in shooting indians.

Gringer1
November 23rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Don't believe the Pilgrims were ever implicated in shooting indians.

That depends on who you consider the somewhat mythical pilgrims to be. The first groups of Europeans to visit the Americas weren't always holding hands and singing campfire songs with the natives. The lost colony of Roanoke illustrates the less than amicable relationship experienced by the early explorers.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2012, 01:26 PM

C'mon. That win over Columbus day gets no respect! I mean, Christmas has MLK Day on their schedule. I know people get the day off for MLK day and he was really important, but Columbus Day's games are way more historic. Without Columbus Day, there is no MLK Day or Thanksgiving.

All Thanksgiving does is play the holidays in their month, and win. So they fell in a turkey coma against Black Friday. Actually Black Friday is underrated!

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
That depends on who you consider the somewhat mythical pilgrims to be. The first groups of Europeans to visit the Americas weren't always holding hands and singing campfire songs with the natives. The lost colony of Roanoke illustrates the less than amicable relationship experienced by the early explorers.

Dont blame the pilgrims they were just defending themselves from those savages who were attacking them and trying to steal their firewater. This whole revisionist history thing where the redskins are the noble beings that were taken advantage of is tear jerking but I am not buying any of it. Not to mention it was hundreds of years ago and nobody now days should really give a damn, it would be like people caring that the Baltimore Colts beat the Cowboys in Superbowl V and they just keep bringing it up years later when nobody cares then or now......hey look......its Black Friday.....................................

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM

Everybody knows Roanoke is the only legitimate example in American history of a mass alien abduction.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
you mock our day of atonement but it's actually pretty damn cool. I don't eat for one day and ALL my sins for the year are forgiven. TOP THAT!

Not mocking at all. Placing in the group of holidays that does not get major attention nationally.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
C'mon. That win over Columbus day gets no respect! I mean, Christmas has MLK Day on their schedule. I know people get the day off for MLK day and he was really important, but Columbus Day's games are way more historic. Without Columbus Day, there is no MLK Day or Thanksgiving.

All Thanksgiving does is play the holidays in their month, and win. So they fell in a turkey coma against Black Friday. Actually Black Friday is underrated!

Columbus Day is a politically pandered holiday. Erickson was not only on our shores before Columbus got close, he had a lousy PR committee a few hundred years later.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2012, 07:01 PM

I don't classify holidays by sugar content. And I am smoking one of several FIVE PEAT Cigars...thank you very much!

344Johnson
November 23rd, 2012, 07:58 PM
Late to the thread. Dangit.

So much potential has been realized already.

ITmonarch10
November 23rd, 2012, 10:40 PM
Halloween is the perfect example of how Americans will use any excuse to party.

The French seem to have twice as many holidays as us. We need more excuses to party to catch up to the Europeans.

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2012, 11:07 PM
Columbus Day is a politically pandered holiday. Erickson was not only on our shores before Columbus got close, he had a lousy PR committee a few hundred years later.

That's because the Norse and Vikings are non-scholarship and get no recognition and respect of their achievements and records. Arguably, they did it in a more difficult era. The Italians are apart of one of the power conference political lobbies, so of course the day will get recognition.

dungeonjoe
November 24th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Thanksgiving is tough but they haven't faced the cold of Christmas. It is just so cold in Christmas. Christmas is also loud. The Island of Misfit Toys can be atrociously loud especially in light the criminal record of some of them. Especially that Jack in the Box. Thankfully, PTL Barbie may be recanting her story. But, it's still very cold and Thanksgiving just can't compete here.