PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Question

bluehenbillk
November 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
It is my understanding that the NCAA & Frisco signed a multi-year extension to keep the NC game there. Does anyone know when this will be officially announced & how many more years it will be for?

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2012, 02:23 PM
It was discussed last year and if memory serves me correct I think it was for 2 more years after this year but I don't have any link to an article showing that.

Thundar
November 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM
I loved it in Frisco, right by Dallas easy to get to lots to do

Think it will be there awhile

bluehenbillk
November 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
I know it's at minimum January 2014 & 2015.

danefan
November 21st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Tickets are sold out online.

Anyone know if that is all of them or if they plan to release more?

gumby013
November 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM

Each team is allocated about 4000.

NDSU fans already bought most of what's left after that.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM

The website indicates that more may be available after December 14

Laker
November 21st, 2012, 04:37 PM

Move it to JerryWorld! xsmiley_wix

Walkon79
November 21st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Move it to JerryWorld! xsmiley_wix

That would be cool if we could fill it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2012, 05:30 PM
That would be cool if we could fill it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if so, I remember the Cotton Bowl being that weekend last year, held at Jerry World

frozennorth
November 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM
people who already ordered your tickets: did you actually get them from the ncaa yet?

Tubakat2014
November 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM
Even if so, I remember the Cotton Bowl being that weekend last year, held at Jerry World

Indeed it was. Wasn't it the same evening, as well? I think I remember getting back to the hotel room and watching some of it.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2012, 05:37 PM
Indeed it was. Wasn't it the same evening, as well? I think I remember getting back to the hotel room and watching some of it.

I'm pretty sure it was the night before. I remember trying to come up with a plan to get inside somehow.

Bisonoline
November 21st, 2012, 08:33 PM

They dont have anymore. Any tickets that come available will be tickets returned by sponsors who dont use them and or if they add bleachers for the bands. Tickets were purchased by fans who thought there team would be in the finals. They will become available on the secondary market.

Southern Bison
November 21st, 2012, 10:23 PM
They dont have anymore. Any tickets that come available will be tickets returned by sponsors who dont use them and or if they add bleachers for the bands. Tickets were purchased by fans who thought there team would be in the finals. They will become available on the secondary market.

I'm willing to bet that they've already planned to set the bands up on stage like they did last year. One option is Stubhub.com

tourguide
November 21st, 2012, 10:33 PM
The website indicates that more may be available after December 14

No that is just a weird wording. What they are saying is if tickets are still available that the price jumps. SRO will be available later but all seats are gone.

tourguide
November 21st, 2012, 10:35 PM
people who already ordered your tickets: did you actually get them from the ncaa yet?

Not yet, i am expecting them in the next few weeks

Gringer1
November 21st, 2012, 10:39 PM
I'm kind of confused. If people are already getting tickets, what happens if their team doesn't get in? It seems like a lot of tickets are going to be sold but go unused. It would suck to have empty seats in the stadium because somebody bought their ticket early and then didn't give it back once their team was knocked out.

eaglesrthe1
November 21st, 2012, 10:50 PM
More tickets will become available after the championship participants are determined. A certain # are held for the schools involved.

Hammerhead
November 21st, 2012, 10:58 PM
Most of us bought tickets through stubhub as the tickets from the NCAA web site sold out shortly after NDSU won their semifinal game. I bought two tickets for about twice their face value although I think there were still some people trying to scalp tickets at the game so some of them probably went unused.

Thundar
November 21st, 2012, 11:05 PM
I bought tickets weeks ago to avoid the BS that happened, 30 each is nothing for me to spend bought 10 tickets in good seats, should NDSU not make it I will list them at face value considering everyone in my group paid me I'm out only 30 bucks........not worried

And we are actually thinking about going regardless

Bisonoline
November 22nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
More tickets will become available after the championship participants are determined. A certain # are held for the schools involved.

Each school gets 4,000.

Laker
November 22nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
I bought tickets weeks ago to avoid the BS that happened, 30 each is nothing for me to spend bought 10 tickets in good seats, should NDSU not make it I will list them at face value considering everyone in my group paid me I'm out only 30 bucks........not worried

And we are actually thinking about going regardless

I've never regretted being at a championship game in any sport. I have regretted not going.

DJnva
November 22nd, 2012, 10:07 AM

I hope so. If ODU makes it there's a few of us planning to go, so I certainly hope I'll be able to track down some tickets.

Thundar
November 22nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
I hope so. If ODU makes it there's a few of us planning to go, so I certainly hope I'll be able to track down some tickets.

4000 will be available to each school

robsnotes4u
November 22nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
If NDSU makes it again, do you think the bars will stock more alcohol this time, being they basically ran out last year

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2012, 07:47 PM

It was the night before

Tubakat2014
November 22nd, 2012, 08:15 PM
It was the night before

Ohhh, k, now I remember. The Texans game came on the evening of the championship- Watt's pick-6 against the Bengals was probably the best football-related thing that happened for me that day... xsmhx

DJnva
November 22nd, 2012, 08:22 PM
I'm kind of confused. If people are already getting tickets, what happens if their team doesn't get in? It seems like a lot of tickets are going to be sold but go unused. It would suck to have empty seats in the stadium because somebody bought their ticket early and then didn't give it back once their team was knocked out.

Yeah, if only there was some way to sell items you don't want...

UNH Fanboi
November 22nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
Last year was one of the best scenarios possible for Frisco attendance wise because there was an in-state team and a team with a rabid fan base. If we end up with a Wofford-Cal Poly final this year there will be a lot of empty seats and people will not be buying tickets in advance next year.

swaghook
November 22nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Last year was one of the best scenarios possible for Frisco attendance wise because there was an in-state team and a team with a rabid fan base. If we end up with a Wofford-Cal Poly final this year there will be a lot of empty seats and people will not be buying tickets in advance next year.

I have 4 on a 40 yard line. I will buy in advance again because I don't expect to lose any money on them if it comes to selling them. They are cheaper to buy at the end of August then in Dec. So even if I ask for current face value or a couple bucks less I can come out a little ahead.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2012, 08:33 PM

Not gonna lie. If the Bison don't make it, that would be petty funny.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JMUNJ08
November 22nd, 2012, 08:34 PM
If NDSU makes it again, do you think the bars will stock more alcohol this time, being they basically ran out last year

They weren't ready for the large influx from Canada... xlolx

Hopefully this is the biggest problem the NCAA has with Frisco though and the crowds keep coming!

Bisonoline
November 22nd, 2012, 08:37 PM

If you guys make the playoffs which means we didnt make it get in touch with me. I have a block of 50 which I will sell at cost. 40-45 yardline.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2012, 08:38 PM
They weren't ready for the large influx from Canada... xlolx

Hopefully this is the biggest problem the NCAA has with Frisco though and the crowds keep coming!

From what I remember, that was the hotel they had the party in the night before. The alumni association told them to expect quite a few people but they didn't believe them. There were so many people there I'm surprised they could sell that much. It took forever to get to the bar.

Bisonoline
November 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
From what I remember, that was the hotel they had the party in the night before. The alumni association told them to expect quite a few people but they didn't believe them. There were so many people there I'm surprised they could sell that much. It took forever to get to the bar.

There were so many people they opened up the gates to the parking ramps. Plus as we were driving in about 3/4 a mile from the hotel all you could see was Bison fans and it stayed that way all the way to the hotel.

gumby013
November 22nd, 2012, 08:43 PM

I had 10+ drink tickets left that I couldn't use.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
There were so many people they opened up the gates to the parking ramps. Plus as we were driving in about 3/4 a mile from the hotel all you could see was Bison fans and it stayed that way all the way to the hotel.

We stayed at the other Marriot in the same area and walked over. It was perfect.

Bisonoline
November 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
We stayed at the other Marriot in the same area and walked over. It was perfect.

When we walked in to the Grand Hall it was wall to wall Bison fans. I was actually ALMOST speechless. Then the big room you couldnt even get in to.
We stayed in Plano which wasnt very far at the Quality Inn. Had a block of rooms for our tailgate group. 69.00 a night.

DJnva
November 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
If you guys make the playoffs which means we didnt make it get in touch with me. I have a block of 50 which I will sell at cost. 40-45 yardline.

Awesome. Sounds good.