PDA

View Full Version : Bethune-Cookman's Jenkins excited about 2nd chance at FCS Playoffs

SCSUDog4Life
November 20th, 2012, 05:12 PM

The last time Bethune-Cookman hosted a playoff game in the friendly confines of Municipal Stadium in Daytona Beach, they were outscored 31-6 in the second half after a 14-14 tie, falling to the University of New Hampshire, 45-20. It was a particularly disappointing day for head coach Brian Jenkins and the Wildcats, as they dropped their second consecutive game after starting the season 10-0.

Anyone who knows Jenkins knows he’s extremely competitive and has never been secretive about his extreme disdain of losing. In fact, he indicated there are games from high school where he came out on the losing end that he still remembers to this day and it still bothers him, so one would have to think that he hasn’t gotten over the poor performance of his team in his playoff debut two years ago.

Click Here for rest of the story (http://www.examiner.com/article/bethune-cookman-s-jenkins-excited-about-2nd-chance-at-fcs-playoffs-1)

Big Dawg
November 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM
The Wildcats will be ready on Saturday...I expect a really good game. I just hope they can get a win for the conference in the first round.

Humble Steward
November 20th, 2012, 06:13 PM
We are staying in the moment and are focused on preparing for Coastal Carolina. We will be ready and more importantly we are healthy.

md64179
November 20th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I truly expect BC to win this game

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2012, 08:47 PM

Ditto. I don't think CC is any good.

R.A.
November 20th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Lets go Wildcats!

Humble Steward
November 21st, 2012, 08:08 AM
4 days and counting.

md64179
November 21st, 2012, 09:26 AM
Ditto. I don't think CC is any good.

I saw them play this year in Boone and was not impressed with them on either side of the ball. This is a great chance for the MEAC and BC to get the playoff chip of their shoulder.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Good luck Wildcats. Should be a good one! The dust-up in Daytona!

coastalkid
November 21st, 2012, 11:51 AM
I saw them play this year in Boone and was not impressed with them on either side of the ball. This is a great chance for the MEAC and BC to get the playoff chip of their shoulder.
so what your saying is teams cant get better once you see them play?? I believe its going to be a great match up and will be a high scoring game, but i'm not understanding why no one on this website is giving CCU a chance.

md64179
November 21st, 2012, 12:52 PM
so what your saying is teams cant get better once you see them play?? I believe its going to be a great match up and will be a high scoring game, but i'm not understanding why no one on this website is giving CCU a chance.

Never said that a team can't get better throughout a season, or that they don't stand a chance. Just said that I was unimpressed with them when I saw them in person and I think BC wins. I think the fact that CCU was not in the playoff conversation until the last few weeks is probably the reason people are not picking them to win.

coastalkid
November 21st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Just because a team shows up last minute into the playoff picture is no reason for everyone to starting doubting them. If anyone actually wants to do a little research on coastal then they will see how no one should be writing coastal off so fast.

Humble Steward
November 21st, 2012, 02:49 PM
Just because a team shows up last minute into the playoff picture is no reason for everyone to starting doubting them. If anyone actually wants to do a little research on coastal then they will see how no one should be writing coastal off so fast.

Coastalkid, we are not doubting you or Coastal Carolina. B-CU expects that you will bring your "A" game and expect to win this game. Should be a good one. I can't wish you luck, but I know your team will be ready.

rokamortis
November 22nd, 2012, 06:20 AM
Never said that a team can't get better throughout a season, or that they don't stand a chance. Just said that I was unimpressed with them when I saw them in person and I think BC wins. I think the fact that CCU was not in the playoff conversation until the last few weeks is probably the reason people are not picking them to win.

I think many Coastal fans were unimpressed with that showing as well. It was just a bad game. Didnt look as prepared as we had been and got into the buzz saw that was App State making a statement in their first home game since the Citadel loss.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2012, 06:54 AM

BC has to win, I think the streak is over

bodoyle
November 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
It was easily our worst performance of the year. If we play like we have the past 4 games, I expect us to win.

DSUrocks07
November 22nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
GO WILDCATS!!! We need this! xprayx

http://solidarityhalifax.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/solidarity-111.gif

I don't want to have to here about the new "Heritage Bowl" talk all winter and spring. One win can change all of that. Make the statement for the MEAC! WE CAN COMPETE NATIONALLY! xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

bodoyle
November 23rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
I think that BCU's defensive numbers are inflated because of who they've played against. Obviously, I do not follow the MEAC at all. Is that a fair statement by me?

Humble Steward
November 23rd, 2012, 09:40 AM
I think that BCU's defensive numbers are inflated because of who they've played against. Obviously, I do not follow the MEAC at all. Is that a fair statement by me?

I don't think so, but I will let our play speak for itself. See you in Daytona Beach.

WileECoyote06
November 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM

Well MEAC schools aren't known as the bastions of offensive explosiveness; but we did go 2 - 1 vs the Big South this year including a win at Liberty. Coastal Carolina beat up on MEAC mate North Carolina A&T, but so did Bethune-Cookman. A&T lost to both on the road.

If it makes you feel better, Massey and National Sports Rankings predicts a Coastal Carolina win. Both wins are within 3 points.

bodoyle
November 23rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Liberty was not good at all this year. Normally, that would be a solid win.

Humble: I will not be there unfortunately. Bad back is preventing me from traveling :( And I didn't mean my comment as smack. I was genuinely asking.

Humble Steward
November 23rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Liberty was not good at all this year. Normally, that would be a solid win.

Humble: I will not be there unfortunately. Bad back is preventing me from traveling :( And I didn't mean my comment as smack. I was genuinely asking.

Sorry you can't make it. By the way, I did not take it as smack and I have much respect for Coastal Carolina. This should be a good match up between two motivated teams.