PDA

View Full Version : Nicholl State Seaon Tix Commercial

GeauxColonels
August 15th, 2006, 09:27 PM
HERE'S A LINK (http://members.cox.net/kaylapt/NSU Season Tix.wmv) to the Nicholls State season tickets promotional commercial.

Not as good as some of the other ones we've seen on here...but I'm glad to see our Sports Information Department actually doing SOMETHING to promote the team! :thumbsup:

Lionsrking
August 15th, 2006, 09:38 PM
HERE'S A LINK (http://members.cox.net/kaylapt/NSU Season Tix.wmv) to the Nicholls State season tickets promotional commercial.

Not as good as some of the other ones we've seen on here...but I'm glad to see our Sports Information Department actually doing SOMETHING to promote the team! :thumbsup:

I think that's a great commercial and does a good job of promoting your program without busting your budget to produce it. Highlights one of your star players, emphasizes the SLC championship last year and features some exciting game footage. The Colonels have a lot to sell in my opinion.

GeauxColonels
August 15th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I think that's a great commercial and does a good job of promoting your program without busting your budget to produce it. Highlights one of your star players, emphasizes the SLC championship last year and features some exciting game footage. The Colonels have a lot to sell in my opinion.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that they're doing it. They're approaching it the right way and I hope it stirs up some interest and exitement in the Thibodaux/Houma area. I was just saying it's not nearly as good as some of the other ones we've seen. But not bad by any means! :hurray:

slostang
August 15th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Nice promo. I would be buying tickets if I live near Nicholl State.:thumbsup:

Lionsrking
August 15th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that they're doing it. They're approaching it the right way and I hope it stirs up some interest and exitement in the Thibodaux/Houma area. I was just saying it's not nearly as good as some of the other ones we've seen. But not bad by any means! :hurray:

It may not have the "professional" look as some of the others but I bet it's just as effective.

We're lucky to have Hobby Morrison available to produce our spots. He's produced several major national commercials, winning numerous awards, and has been filming a documentary on our football program for the last three years. We have five spots running, two of which you can view on www.lionsports.net. Hopefully they post the other three on the website because they're better than the first two.

MO-State JK
August 15th, 2006, 11:59 PM
It may not have the "professional" look as some of the others but I bet it's just as effective.

We're lucky to have Hobby Morrison available to produce our spots. He's produced several major national commercials, winning numerous awards, and has been filming a documentary on our football program for the last three years. We have five spots running, two of which you can view on www.lionsports.net. Hopefully they post the other three on the website because they're better than the first two.

I can't find the two commercials you're talking about.
Speaking of your neck of the woods...I'm a big Saints fan. I love their commercials this year.

Lionsrking
August 16th, 2006, 12:09 AM
I can't find the two commercials you're talking about.
Speaking of your neck of the woods...I'm a big Saints fan. I love their commercials this year.

Here ya go...

http://www.lionsports.net/video/Beast%20Gathers.mov

http://www.lionsports.net/video/Getting%20Ready%20Players.mov

We have three more that are better than these. One is serious like the first two and the others are pretty darn funny!!!

rokamortis
August 16th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Here ya go...

http://www.lionsports.net/video/Beast%20Gathers.mov

http://www.lionsports.net/video/Getting%20Ready%20Players.mov

We have three more that are better than these. One is serious like the first two and the others are pretty darn funny!!!

If they add the others - can you post the links?

I liked these very much - enjoyed the second one most for the similarity to NFL Films.

TColonel
August 16th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Myself and another Colonel fan actually got the commercial done at no cost, as the Athletic Department had nothing to do with it (but that is a different story for a different day). He and I called in a few favors to get a friend of ours to take some game footage last year and to put it together for us this year. Then we contacted local cable providers to get the commercials running at no cost. All in all, if we would have paid for it, the total cost would have been $4-5 thousand, based on the total number of ads run.

We know that it is not the greatest ad, but when you consider is was all done at no cost, we will take it, especially since the AD will not do anything.

GeauxColonels
August 16th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Myself and another Colonel fan actually got the commercial done at no cost, as the Athletic Department had nothing to do with it (but that is a different story for a different day). He and I called in a few favors to get a friend of ours to take some game footage last year and to put it together for us this year. Then we contacted local cable providers to get the commercials running at no cost. All in all, if we would have paid for it, the total cost would have been $4-5 thousand, based on the total number of ads run.

We know that it is not the greatest ad, but when you consider is was all done at no cost, we will take it, especially since the AD will not do anything.
Ahhh I see. I thought it was too good to be true for the no-brained AD to do something to PROMOTE the school's athletics.

Well, GREAT job from you guys and thanks for the file! Keep up the good work! Any word on if it has had any effect so far?

TColonel
August 16th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Not sure of the effect to date as many of us fans, who are also part of the Colonel Club, have been promoting the big fundraiser that we will be having this weekend. Here is the short version of what is going to take place on the 19th at the Cypress Columns just outside of Houma:

It will include an unlimited amount of great food, an open bar, music by the Tip Tops (everyone who has heard them says that they are one of the best bands they have ever heard), silent and live auction items, and a chance to win $10,000; all for the price of $125.00 per ticket per person. In addition to the $10,000 top prize, there will also be cash give outs of two $1,000, four $500, and four $250. Some of the auction items will be opportunities to travel with Colonel teams such as football to Nebraska, basketball to Texas and baseball to LSU (the highest bidder will be allowed to sit in the dugout) and your own personalized SLC Championship ring.

We are hoping that this event will will raise about $50,000 this first time, as we are already learning from our mistakes this year and are looking to have this event raise $100,000 on an annual basis.

McNeese75
August 16th, 2006, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=GeauxColonels]Ahhh I see. I thought it was too good to be true for the no-brained AD to do something to PROMOTE the school's athletics.
QUOTE]

:eek: You have one of those too????? :D

Lionsrking
August 16th, 2006, 11:38 AM
If they add the others - can you post the links?

I liked these very much - enjoyed the second one most for the similarity to NFL Films.

Hopefully they'll get 'em up on the web site soon. I'll be sure to post them when they do.

Lionsrking
August 16th, 2006, 11:41 AM

That's what you call gettin' err done!!! Very good job by you!!!

GeauxColonels
August 16th, 2006, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=GeauxColonels]Ahhh I see. I thought it was too good to be true for the no-brained AD to do something to PROMOTE the school's athletics.
QUOTE]

Unfortunately yes. :( : smh :

GeauxColonels
August 16th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Not sure of the effect to date as many of us fans, who are also part of the Colonel Club, have been promoting the big fundraiser that we will be having this weekend. Here is the short version of what is going to take place on the 19th at the Cypress Columns just outside of Houma:

It will include an unlimited amount of great food, an open bar, music by the Tip Tops (everyone who has heard them says that they are one of the best bands they have ever heard), silent and live auction items, and a chance to win $10,000; all for the price of $125.00 per ticket per person. In addition to the $10,000 top prize, there will also be cash give outs of two $1,000, four $500, and four $250. Some of the auction items will be opportunities to travel with Colonel teams such as football to Nebraska, basketball to Texas and baseball to LSU (the highest bidder will be allowed to sit in the dugout) and your own personalized SLC Championship ring.

We are hoping that this event will will raise about $50,000 this first time, as we are already learning from our mistakes this year and are looking to have this event raise $100,000 on an annual basis.
Sounds like a great event. The Cypress Columns is a GREAT place. My wife and I had our wedding reception there this past January and they are top-notch people with EXCELLENT food. :thumbsup:

Jag4Life
August 16th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Nice, Nicholl State!!!

Freightliner
August 16th, 2006, 04:37 PM
QUOTE]

I think every school in the SLC has them...including ours!

Terror? Frosty? Lions? do we all agree?

I think its a GREAT commercial as well.

patssle
August 17th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Looks good!

I produced one for SHSU, they never did anything with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEeaE9LfaM

EKU05
August 17th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Here is the EKU commercial...

http://www.ekusports.com/stats/2005-06/Audio/Battle%20of%20Bluegrass.wmv

I hope that works.