PDA

View Full Version : where are all the 'Gate fans???

CFBfan
November 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I am somewhat surprised that no one from Colgate has a thread going for saturday.....
I think every other PL team would have something going

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2012, 11:49 AM
New York? :)

Gil Dobie
November 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Sure miss Colgate13 aka AGS Illuminati, hope he still reads AGS from time-to-time.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2012, 12:16 PM
They probably have real jobs. :)

Gater
November 20th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I'm currently on page 23 of the "Lehighed" thread.

The 'gaters on this site tend to be a respectful bunch. Seems like Colgate13 set the tone and anyone else who posts follows. Did I mention Wagner has an excellent defense?

Remise
November 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I think this is in part because a lot of Colgate athletics discussion goes on here: http://www.voy.com/227566/ You will find plenty of posts about last week's and next week's games at this forum!

B.C. Milligan, '73

Go...gate
November 20th, 2012, 10:30 PM
We're here - snowed under with work. Losing two weeks was not a good thing and now I'm trying to get five days work done in three.

Go 'gate!

ColgateTD
November 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM
I'm here. Looking forward to the game. Understand the Wagner Stadium only holds 3,300. Wondering if tickets will be available? Wagner has a 1000 yd running back - 'Gate D is going to have to step up. Their QB is also a big threat. Hopefully McCarney and Company can put some points on the board early. Looks like weather will be in the 40's and clear. Anticipate 'Gate alums will provide some support after Turkey Day

Remise
November 21st, 2012, 04:27 PM
I hope the defense doesn't have any other holiday commitments on Saturday, and that they can show up for the game.

Go...gate
November 21st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Is the game now a sellout?

Sam
November 21st, 2012, 05:21 PM
I purchased extra tickets on the web I hope they will be waiting for me at the gate?
Gate Alumni they are providing buses from NYC take a look at the web site for further information. I am saving my energy for Saturday and will need to work off the extra calories that I will consume tomorrow.
Happy Thanksgiving
Go Gate!

TheValleyRaider
November 21st, 2012, 05:52 PM
Still poking around, but it's been a busy week :)

Not completely sure quite what to make of Wagner. We both went 3-1 against common opponents, though our common wins look better than theirs (+16 to +1 vs. Holy Cross, +21 to +9 vs. Sacred Heart), and they did lose to Georgetown, who we hammered. By the same token, we lost to Albany. Now, you don't need to go further to find a more respectful opposing fan of the Danes than myself. Any team that does to Albany what Wagner did to them is a good football team.

This would probably be more contentious if there were more than a few Wagner fans here, and if us Colgate folks weren't so darn nice ;)

busybee14
November 21st, 2012, 06:11 PM
Still poking around, but it's been a busy week :)

Not completely sure quite what to make of Wagner. We both went 3-1 against common opponents, though our common wins look better than theirs (+16 to +1 vs. Holy Cross, +21 to +9 vs. Sacred Heart), and they did lose to Georgetown, who we hammered. By the same token, we lost to Albany. Now, you don't need to go further to find a more respectful opposing fan of the Danes than myself. Any team that does to Albany what Wagner did to them is a good football team.

This would probably be more contentious if there were more than a few Wagner fans here, and if us Colgate folks weren't so darn nice ;)

Should be a great game sat.would love to see a ooc with u guys on schedule next year.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Gate should win by two TDs or more so long as McCarney is rolling.
My guess, Colgate 42-28.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2012, 09:31 AM
A dirty secret is that I'm a closet Gate fan. Personally I am hoping they make it to Frisco.

I do loathe it when they beat us, though. :p

ColgateTD
November 22nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
A dirty secret is that I'm a closet Gate fan. Personally I am hoping they make it to Frisco.

I do loathe it when they beat us, though. :p

Thanks for the support LFN and engineer. Thought there would be more support here from other PL posters, guess everyone is cooking turkey at the moment. Looking forward to Sat. but am not over-confident. Wagner has a good running back (over 1000 yds) similar to Koonce at Fordham, and their QB is a great passer. Understand they are more of an air attack team than a grind-it-out team. Hope the Irish backfield brings their A game and the D does not overdose on turkey today. If we sleepwalk thru the first half we will be on the losing end, and have a long bus trip back to Hamilton.

Lehigh'98
November 22nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Go Gate. Represent the disrespected league well.

tourguide
November 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
How in the world is Gate not hosting this game? has this been discussed?

ngineer
November 22nd, 2012, 10:23 PM
Quite possibly didn't bid for the game. Thanksgiving weekend is horrible for first round game attendance. Especially in Hamiltion,NY, where there will be few people around. At least Wagner is closer to the City and should be able to sell out it's small stadium.

CFBfan
November 23rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Quite possibly didn't bid for the game. Thanksgiving weekend is horrible for first round game attendance. Especially in Hamiltion,NY, where there will be few people around. At least Wagner is closer to the City and should be able to sell out it's small stadium.

although that's likely true, Why wouldn't you want to play at home??? home in an empty stadium I would think is prefered to a sold out away game imho???

ColgateTD
November 23rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
This is the $64 question that most Gate alums have as well. We can only guess the admin did not want to put out the $$$ to host the game. Perhaps they agreed that attendance would be bad in Hamilton, but it would seem a home game would suit the players better. I'm in a quandry?

Sader87
November 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
i doubt there would have been 2K at Hamilton tomorrow....no students, terrible time of the year i.e. weather, people travelling etc for much of a crowd.

Colgate has a long and storied history of being "road warriors"...I wouldn't be surprised at all if they didn't bid for this game.

Go...gate
November 23rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
i doubt there would have been 2K at Hamilton tomorrow....no students, terrible time of the year i.e. weather, people travelling etc for much of a crowd.

Colgate has a long and storied history of being "road warriors"...I wouldn't be surprised at all if they didn't bid for this game.

And I think we will have a pretty good contingent of fans at Wagner. Still would have preferred a home game, though.

GateRaider63
November 23rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
I imagine there will be a big Colgate crowd tomorrow. Colgate's allotment of tickets was sold out, and the ones turned away purchased them from Wagner.

LehighU11
November 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
I imagine there will be a big Colgate crowd tomorrow. Colgate's allotment of tickets was sold out, and the ones turned away purchased them from Wagner.

Really hope Colgate continues the Patriot League's trend of winning post-season games. I was very impressed with how well you traveled to Goodman a couple of weeks back. It was by far the largest visiting crowd, outside of Lafayette, that we've seen in several years.

GateRaider63
November 23rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Here's a shot of the Colgate crowd at Lehigh.

http://pics.lockerz.com/s/260412592

ngineer
November 23rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
And I think we will have a pretty good contingent of fans at Wagner. Still would have preferred a home game, though.

Me too....xmadx

ngineer
November 23rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Here's a shot of the Colgate crowd at Lehigh.

http://pics.lockerz.com/s/260412592

Well, actually, at least half of the visitors stand was Lehigh people, as many prefer that side later in the season as it gets whatever sun may be shining. Still, I agree Colgate had nice contingent there. I estimated about 1,000 or more wearing Maroon.

OL FU
November 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Go 'gatexthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Who ya playin':o

I gotta pay more attention.xnodx

Just kidding, I know who you are playing but I swear I don't know their mascot. Don't make me look it up, Wagner..........................?

ngineer
November 23rd, 2012, 11:38 PM
Go 'gatexthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Who ya playin':o

I gotta pay more attention.xnodx

Just kidding, I know who you are playing but I swear I don't know their mascot. Don't make me look it up, Wagner..........................?

I think it's a mayor....(;-)

OL FU
November 24th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I think it's a mayor....(;-)

:) didn't he go to Yale, so it is the Wagner Yaliesxeyebrowx