PDA

View Full Version : Talley CAA coach of the year

jlcharles
November 20th, 2012, 10:22 AM
After an FCS best six game turnaround from last year, Andy Talley was named CAA coach of the year. Robertson was named CAA offensive rookie of the year. Does this make him a front runner for the Rice Award? I know nothing of the other candidates, so throw up some reasons why your guy should win it.

http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111912aad.html

Anovafan
November 20th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Based on stats, I think Robertson should win the Rice award, but who knows? The EWU kid may get it because they are ranked higher.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 20th, 2012, 10:42 AM
With all due respect to Coach Talley, this should have been Danny Rocco's award. The Spiders were 0-8 in the CAA last year and DR inherited Latrell Scott's disaster.

Talley was cleaning up his own mess.

This should have been a no brainer.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2012, 10:47 AM
In spite of any inside CAA controversy here I'd like to say congrats to Coach Talley. Heck of job in getting back to the form from a few years ago.

GannonFan
November 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
With all due respect to Coach Talley, this should have been Danny Rocco's award. The Spiders were 0-8 in the CAA last year and DR inherited Latrell Scott's disaster.

Talley was cleaning up his own mess.

This should have been a no brainer.

Agree with the Richmond poster here - Talley is getting the award mainly because he did such a poor job last year. Richmond came out of nowhere and impressed this year (think they beat nova as well - can't seem to remember).

On the bright side, from a UD perspective, maybe Keeler will have a shot at this award since he crapped the bed this year. He's got himself set up nicely for this thing next year.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM
John Robertson is probably the co-favorite for the Jerry Rice Award along with wide receiver Sean Price of Appalachian State. Price is threatening some of Randy Moss's records for freshman receiving.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 20th, 2012, 12:33 PM
(think they beat nova as well - can't seem to remember).

Yes. By 10 at their place.

Bossanova
November 22nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Hey Gannon Fan;
How did I know you would agree with Richmond fan for not giving award to Talley.

6 out of 7 baby and still counting. 41-10 pasting in Newark. How sweet it is !!

Having our usual roasted hen for Thanksgiving dinner.