PDA

View Full Version : Attention SoCon fans, our old scoreboard is officially taken down.

El_Cid_99
August 15th, 2006, 02:35 PM
The rusty, decrepit old scoreboard at Johnson Hagood stadium has officially been dismantled, and is lying in a heap behind the stadium. The foundation for the new Daktronic board is being dug, and the concrete will be poured this week.

Looks like our visiting teams and fans will now be able to actually see the scoreboard and clock this season.

There goes one of our "homefield advantages". ;)

psc2445
August 15th, 2006, 02:46 PM
The rusty, decrepit old scoreboard at Johnson Hagood stadium has officially been dismantled, and is lying in a heap behind the stadium. The foundation for the new Daktronic board is being dug, and the concrete will be poured this week.

Looks like our visiting teams and fans will now be able to actually see the scoreboard and clock this season.

You will still have your homefield advantage @ the Boneyard with that US Open rough field :D

OL FU
August 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Looking forward to seeing it in person. Maybe next year:nod:

Baldy
August 15th, 2006, 04:44 PM

What happened? Did you guys run out of candles, or was it too hard to convert it to electricity?

El_Cid_99
August 16th, 2006, 07:55 AM
The mice that were inside running the wheels that powered the scoreboard were dwindling in numbers after the last few seasons because they:

1) Were nabbed from above by the GSU Eagle
2) Were trampled by a Furman Paladin
3) Suffered a musket blast from the Appy Mountaineer
4) Were swallowed whole by a UTC Moc
5) Needed tetanous shots after being bitten by the Woffy Terrier
6) Contracted cat scratch fever after a run-in with the WCU Catamount
7) No one knows what happened after the Elon game. There was nothing left but ashes..

walliver
August 16th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I miss some of the old scoreboards. They weren't as neat as the new ones, but they have character (which most of the new ones don't have).

One of my favorites was the old scoreboard at Presbyterian - it was an actual clock with hands instead of numbers.

asu70
August 16th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Looking forward to being in Hagood to see all the improvements. I enjoy Charleston and it's always a thrill to watch the cadets parade into the stadium.

PaladinFan
August 16th, 2006, 09:51 AM
I will say that old scoreboard made Citadel's uniforms look dark blue. That thing had been out in the sun longer than a yankee snowbird in Charleston!

89Hen
August 16th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Interesting....

SC State to move opening game because of turf project (http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5279917)

South Carolina State's new field won't be ready in time, so the Bulldogs are moving their home opener September 16th against Bethune-Cookman to Charleston.

SC State will play at Johnson Hagood Stadium at the Citadel.

89Hen
August 16th, 2006, 10:54 AM
99, you got any photos of the inside? The website doesn't have anything more recent than February and the webcam shows only the backside of the new stands. Somebody needs to get a camera out there!

El_Cid_99
August 16th, 2006, 11:56 AM
I have a couple of pics on my camera phone, but they would probably be too blurry to post here. But I can tell you that it's 10 times nicer than you last remember it.

The visitor's side still looks old from the outside, but it's got a paint job and everything on the inside. It's only a cover-up job until that side gets torn down.

I'm sure that with the season just around the corner, they will post some new pics on www.citadelsports.com once the scoreboard is in and everything. I'll try to post some here when they come around.

Go...gate
August 16th, 2006, 05:32 PM

Daktronics did a nice job with the Colgate board, so I'm sure Citadel's will be first-rate.