PDA

View Full Version : Will you be attending your team's play-off games? If not, why not?

Eaglesrus
November 19th, 2012, 01:28 PM
The thread about play-off attendance started me wondering about this.

I plan to attend GA Southern's home game(s) and any away game(s) that are what I consider to be within driving distance (that would include Old Dominion, which is a little under 500 miles, almost all interstate). However, paying for airline tickets isn't in the cards this year, so another trip to NDSU won't happen.

Anyone else?

AppChicago
November 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I'll be there for App's first game in Boone. If there are subsequent games for App (let's hope!), I won't be there due to prior commitments. That is, at least until Frisco, if that were to happen.

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hmmm. I guess I'll be going to EWU's, since they're only 20 minutes away. :o

Hammerhead
I live 1,200 miles from Fargo so I won't be attending any playoff games. We did drive all night to watch NDSU play at Montana State and Eastern Washington 2 years ago.

Vitojr130
Yes if I can get tickets (already sold out).

Still yes if I can't (I'll find a way!!!).

asu3peat
November 19th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I hope to attend the 2nd round game against ISUr if I make it back from working out of town in time. Even if App is fortunate enough to continue winning, I will not make the quarterfinals or semi's regardless of where the games are played due to work. xbangx

NoDak 4 Ever
I live 1,200 miles from Fargo so I won't be attending any playoff games. We did drive all night to watch NDSU play at Montana State and Eastern Washington 2 years ago.

This.

If they make it to the NC, I'll go just as I did last year. That's it.

BisonFan02
Yes, renewed my 9 tix for the game....local too.

Apphole
November 19th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I'll be at The Rock December 1. Can't make it to Washington to see us beat even more red birds on an even redder field as I have to save my money for Frisco.

asumike83
November 19th, 2012, 01:38 PM
It would take an armed guard (possibly more than one) to keep me out of Kidd Brewer Stadium for a playoff game! However, considering that the seeds in our bracket are Eastern Washington and Montana State, I will not be making any away games if we are able to advance past ISU.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Out of the state for work for our 1st game. Going to Mexico the Sunday following the quarterfinal game. Flying out of Billings at 6 am, so if I did somehow pull off going to the game, would have to be no drinking so I could hit the road back almost directly after. So maybe :)

CHIP72
November 19th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I won't be attending the Villanova/Stony Brook game because I want to visit family and the idea of driving through NYC and halfway out Long Island from eastern Pennsylvania isn't all that appealing. (If there is LIRR service direct to Stony Brook's campus, I might reconsider.)

gotts
In for 6 tickets to the first NDSU game.

aces1180
Yes...I purchased all 11 of our season tickets.

I live 140 miles away and my wife is due to give birth with our 2nd daughter* that day so I hope the baby comes a few days early or it can wait until at least Dec. 2. ;)

*Baby and mom come first, Bison football is a close second. xthumbsupx

VUCats02
November 19th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I will not be attending pretty much due to the exact same reason CHIP72 had. If game was @ Nova I'd be attending for sure.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I won't be attending the Villanova/Stony Brook game because I want to visit family and the idea of driving through NYC and halfway out Long Island from eastern Pennsylvania isn't all that appealing. (If there is LIRR service direct to Stony Brook's campus, I might reconsider.)

There is a LIRR station on the edge of the Stony Brook campus within walking distance of their stadium. It's on the Port Jefferson line.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 19th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Right now, I am planning to go down to Wofford for our game. Taking it one game at a time, got to follow Coach Mac's mantra!!!

DJnva
November 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM
It looks like I will miss ODU's first game against Coastal Carolina/BC due to my son's soccer tourney (unless his game times are all early morning on Saturday). I fully intend to be at the next game assuming ODU wins (and if they don't I'll be happy as hell I missed it). I really can't wait to see Ga Southern come to Norfolk (although I won't cry if they get upset).

If there's an upset and ODU hosts a semifinal I'll be there, and I would be about 75% in on going to Frisco (friend's uncle has a ranch right outside Frisco--free lodging).

Nickels
November 19th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I will definitely be at the Cal Poly game. I'm hoping for upsets of MSU or EWU to get at least one more home game (IF we make it that far). I doubt I will make the 1600 or 2000 mile trip NW though (I'm a broke undergrad). If we make it back to Frisco, I will certainly be going again. I had a great time last year...well for a while anyway.

CHIP72
November 19th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Yes...I purchased all 11 of our season tickets.

I live 140 miles away and my wife is due to give birth with our 2nd daughter* that day so I hope the baby comes a few days early or it can wait until at least Dec. 2. ;)

*Baby and mom come first, Bison football is a close second. xthumbsupx

December 2nd is a good day for a birthday IMO. :)

CHIP72
November 19th, 2012, 02:07 PM
There is a LIRR station on the edge of the Stony Brook campus within walking distance of their stadium. It's on the Port Jefferson line.

Hmm. It would be a lot of train riding (probably drive to Dover, NJ to pick up a Morris & Essex Line Midtown Direct to Penn Station and then take a LIRR Port Jefferson Line train to Stony Brook and vice-versa), but I may look into it. I'll probably still pass though and watch on ESPN3.

If it weren't Thanksgiving weekend and I wasn't visiting family, I'd give it more serious consideration. I'll have to look into how long the trip is from Penn Station to Stony Brook via LIRR.

BTW UNH Alum, thanks for the heads up.

blueballs
November 19th, 2012, 02:09 PM
None for me... I think I wore out my welcome at the red flag tailgate after about 10-12 years.

Nova09
November 19th, 2012, 02:11 PM

This. Though it depends what you mean by "direct" cuz you'll change trains in jamaica, hicksville, or huntington. It's a long train ride from penn station, but if you have something to keep you occupied it beats driving.

Nova09
November 19th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I'll go to Stony Brook, wouldn't make it to Montana St if we win, and don't even know what the bracket looks like beyond that.

EKU-n-GSU
November 19th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Tickets aren't an issue, and thanks (I think!) to a life spent traveling on biz there are plenty of FF miles and hotel points to take care of us all the way to Frisco if it be. Besides, if we make it to the quarters and need to go to ODU, I've got an old wine-drinking buddy in Newport News that'll have to open up his cellar for us!

SpeedkingATL
November 19th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Likely to make the second round game at The Rock against Illinois State. Not likely to make other rounds unless at home. If the Apps make the trip to National Championship game so will I.

BEAR
November 19th, 2012, 02:32 PM
My boss is %^& his FBS team sucks this year so he scheduled me to work that day. ...cited "other duties" as his reason. Since Ark is a right to work state, I've got no choice. Turd. xflamemadx

HailSzczur
November 19th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Of course! If it's driveable I wouldn't miss it. Ordered our tickets today. It's actually really great that most of SBU's stadium is GA that way I can sit with my Long Island Nova group that's going. Hoping to improve Nova's playoff record to 7-2 in games I've attended.

NDSUstudent
November 19th, 2012, 02:51 PM
NDSU game starts at 3PM. I have guard drill until 4PM. Way to be patriotic NDSU ;) I will just sell my two season tickets for the game and fund my frisco trip.

WataugaDave
November 19th, 2012, 02:55 PM
The ones at home yes. I don't have the cash to drop to travel for them. Just going as far as the ECU game stretched the limits of my budget

md64179
November 19th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I will be at KBS Dec 1. Would not miss it for the world!

LuckyKat
November 19th, 2012, 03:07 PM
DAMN SKIPPY!!!
Well, the Ones in Texas Anyway xcoolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 03:10 PM
DAMN SKIPPY!!!
Well, the Ones in Texas Anyway xcoolx

So, only 1? Gonna be cheap on you.

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2012, 03:11 PM

xnodxxnodx

AtlantaMountaineer
November 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Will be in Boone Dec. 1st. Eastern Washington is a little to far for me. But have never missed a NC game that App was involved in.

Eaglesrus
November 19th, 2012, 03:35 PM
None for me... I think I wore out my welcome at the red flag tailgate after about 10-12 years.

You haven't worn out your welcome at ours (yet). Come on up and we'll shield you from those guys xrotatehxxrotatehx

bobcathpdevil56
November 19th, 2012, 03:37 PM
No, freaking wrestling season has started and the first tournament is that Saturday. Happens every year

asucrutch23
November 19th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I will definitely be at the Cal Poly game. I'm hoping for upsets of MSU or EWU to get at least one more home game (IF we make it that far). I doubt I will make the 1600 or 2000 mile trip NW though (I'm a broke undergrad). If we make it back to Frisco, I will certainly be going again. I had a great time last year...well for a while anyway.

What do you say we both knock off the seeds in the bottom bracket and you come to Boone? Only an 18 hour drive... better than 34 hours to Cheney!

I-16Bandit
November 19th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I'll be in Paulson to see Central Arkansas, but IF we get past them, not sure about the away games. If I have the funds and can get at least 1 or 2 to go with me, then I'll definitely try to be making some road trips.

But Central Arkansas first. And Coastal or Bethune-Cookman please take out ODU. :D

dungeonjoe
November 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Reloaded my season tickets for December 1 this morning. Planning on being there unless I have "work" obligations.

Walkon79
November 19th, 2012, 03:48 PM
The Weather. My drive back from the Portland State game was brutal. Almost 250 miles of snow and ice on a hangover!!!

Walkon79
November 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM
But will change my mind if the forecast holds

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2012, 04:19 PM
The Weather. My drive back from the Portland State game was brutal. Almost 250 miles of snow and ice on a hangover!!!

Oof. That's one instance in which I won't blame people for being fair-weather fans. Football's great, but it's not worth risking one's neck over.

89rabbit
November 19th, 2012, 04:21 PM
You bet!

LuckyKat
November 19th, 2012, 04:26 PM

Hey Nodak, Get Yourself a New Map
Frisco is in TEXAS xlolx

BisonBacker
November 19th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Yes I will be attending.

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Frisco is in TEXAS xlolx

SHSU fans need new crystal balls...theirs are clearly malfunctioning...

AppAlum2003
November 19th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Didn't renew my season tickets this year for the first time in 7 years (two small children with way too much on the weekends.) I went to the Montana and Elon games, though.

App has been awful at home this year.

Coincidence?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Got my 4 season tickets for this game. Will attend every game at home for the playoffs and plan on going to Frisco if the Bison make the NC game.

GO BISON

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Frisco is in TEXAS xlolx

I know, I was there last year. That field is nice and soft!

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2012, 04:48 PM

I hear ya. Did the drive from Billings to Culbertson that Sunday to see the GF. Roads were a nightmare. Worst I've driven on in a long time.

CorrosionDoc
November 19th, 2012, 04:51 PM
The thread about play-off attendance started me wondering about this.

I plan to attend GA Southern's home game(s) and any away game(s) that are what I consider to be within driving distance (that would include Old Dominion, which is a little under 500 miles, almost all interstate). However, paying for airline tickets isn't in the cards this year, so another trip to NDSU won't happen.

Anyone else?

No, because I now have to live in DC and Bozeman, MT is a long f'ing way away... xpissedx

walliver
November 19th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I will be in the "upper deck" at Gibbs in 2 weeks.

I will have to work and miss the games in Fargo and Norfolk, but will be there for Frisco.

Twentysix
November 19th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I will be attending them all.

heath
November 19th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I will be attending them all.

Excellentxbowx For those that use driving as an excusexblehxLast year I drove 112 hours,and 108 this season.It beats watching a game on ESPN3 or some crappy internet broadcast.Actually it beats watching on TV period. Good luck and safe trips to all.

Twentysix
November 19th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Excellentxbowx For those that use driving as an excusexblehxLast year I drove 112 hours,and 108 this season.It beats watching a game on ESPN3 or some crappy internet broadcast.Actually it beats watching on TV period. Good luck and safe trips to all.

Playoffs are a great reason to explore the USA.

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I will be at all of them and I live 900+ miles away.

ASU_Fanatic
November 19th, 2012, 06:33 PM
well obviously

ODUwildman
November 19th, 2012, 06:50 PM
With a four-month old, travel to Virginia isn't exactly an option, but since I just moved back to Minnesota, if ODU makes it to NDSU, I will be in the Fargodome ... would be the first time I see a sporting event in the dome that wasn't the USA Wrestling Junior Nationals.

So If ODU takes care of business, we just need the Bison to do the same.

I sent this from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

seantaylor
November 20th, 2012, 12:46 AM

Only a handful of true guineas over there anyway. A vast amount of rubes, though.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2012, 01:05 AM
December 2nd is a good day for a birthday IMO. :)

My wife's birthday is Dec. 2. My oldest daughter has a birthday a week earlier. She was born on a playoff Saturday, the day of the 1995 Appalachian State-James Madison. I made it in time for the second half kickoff.

frozennorth
November 20th, 2012, 01:24 AM
bought frisco tickets in october :o probably the only game i will make it to. Going no matter who is there.

Catbooster
November 20th, 2012, 03:27 AM
I'll make it to home games. Not sure what will happen with away games.

Nickels
November 20th, 2012, 03:41 AM
What do you say we both knock off the seeds in the bottom bracket and you come to Boone? Only an 18 hour drive... better than 34 hours to Cheney!Sign me up. 1k miles? I'll drive it straight. I drove nearly the same route to Bonnaroo overnight. Also, driving to NC in the winter is alot more doable than through 2000 miles of..whatever the hell is NW of Denver.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2012, 06:16 AM
bought frisco tickets in october :o probably the only game i will make it to. Going no matter who is there.

Haven't you emailed Muss telling him you cannot wait for next year and UND being in the championship game?

robsnotes4u
November 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Too far to one of the teams I follow, and the local team I follow, NDSU is already sold out. No chance to get a ticket for that game

RichH2
November 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM
xscanx well team and I cant make it this year but we'll do our best to make it next year.:)

ASUG8
November 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Planning to be in Boone 12/1.

dystopiamembrane
November 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM
My team's playoff games will be at the end of next season.

BisonHype!
November 20th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I will be attending if I can get a damn ticket! Sellouts are sometimes a pain in the butt.

Winindy
November 20th, 2012, 10:42 AM
No games remotely close to Indy in the opening round. I have 4 season tickets to NDSU that I might make the trip up for.

Bearkat-Backer
November 20th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Bought my tickets as soon as they went on sale.

frozennorth
November 20th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Haven't you emailed Muss telling him you cannot wait for next year and UND being in the championship game?

really not feeling good about next year at all. UND definitely regressed over the course of the year. Even the once high-flying offense looked like crap against the better teams.

mmiller_34
November 20th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I will be at the South Dakota State - Eastern Illinois game. I hope the Jackrabbit defense shows up and Zenner runs wild. I hope 10,000 other Jackrabbit fans will show up as well, although 8,000 is more realistic

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I will be attending if I can get a damn ticket! Sellouts are sometimes a pain in the butt.

That's what y'all get for playing in an airplane hanger :)

Walkon79
November 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM

Well I bought my playoff ticket anyway thanks to the uncertainty of ESPN3 in my area. The 5:00 start time also helps as me and my buddies can drive in the daylight on Saturday morning, and drive home in the daylight on Sunday.

Now if the weather just cooperates :)

GO CATS!!!

clawman
November 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Having attended EVERY game this year home and away it would be pretty lame to miss a playoff game, when they will all be at home. And hell yes I will go to the Championship game in Frisco AGAIN!!!

NDSUstudent
November 20th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Should be nice for the EIU vs SDSU game. High: 37F, Low: 24, 10MPH wind, 10% of precip. We might actually go down to this game just to watch some good college football.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Having attended EVERY game this year home and away it would be pretty lame to miss a playoff game, when they will all be at home. And hell yes I will go to the Championship game in Frisco AGAIN!!!

I've made every home and away this year, too. Unfortunately, that's part of the reason that I may not make an away playoff game or two (though I'm not expecting that we'll stay in it long enough for that to happen, anyway).