PDA

View Full Version : Selection Committee

dazedandconfused
November 19th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I received an email from Charlie Cobb in regards to the selection process. Let me first say, I was shocked he responded to me but I have to really respect him doing so. He stated that the selection committee is made up of 11 members (one for each FCS conference). They also have a regional committee for 4 regions of the country that rank the teams each week throughout the season and they use these rankings to help them in their choices.

A couple of points he made:
1. Division II wins mean nothing
2. FBS games can only help you with a win and are basically thrown out with a loss
3. Scheduling 2 FBS schools is frowned upon ???

Does anyone know who these committee members are besides Charlie Cobb? Why is this list so top secret? You can always find out the NCAA basketball selection committee.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2012, 01:24 PM
What is the real value of D1 wins?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 01:25 PM
What is the real value of D1 wins?

1 vs. 0

BisonBohl
November 19th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Poor Lehigh...

danefan
November 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I received an email from Charlie Cobb in regards to the selection process. Let me first say, I was shocked he responded to me but I have to really respect him doing so. He stated that the selection committee is made up of 11 members (one for each FCS conference). They also have a regional committee for 4 regions of the country that rank the teams each week throughout the season and they use these rankings to help them in their choices.

2. FBS games can only help you with a win and are basically thrown out with a loss

Does anyone know who these committee members are besides Charlie Cobb? Why is this list so top secret? You can always find out the NCAA basketball selection committee.

The make up of the committee was never "secert" until this year. Every year prior to this one they released the Championship Handbook. This year they did not. No clue why.

FanofFCS
November 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM

Committee list ran on The Sports Network last week:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_11_14_2012.htm

Bearkat-Backer
November 19th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Members of the NCAA football selection committee:

Jeff Barber, Liberty (Big South Conference); Jeff Bourne, James Madison (Colonial Athletic Association); Torre Chisholm, Portland State (Big Sky Conference); Charles Cobb (chair), Appalachian State (Southern Conference); Craig Coleman, Robert Morris (Northeast Conference); Robert Hill, Stephen F. Austin (Southland Conference); Charlene Johnson, South Carolina State (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference); Frank McLaughlin, Fordham (Patriot League); Ron Strollo, Youngstown State (Missouri Valley Football Conference); Tim Wabler, Dayton (Pioneer Football League); Mark Wilson, Tennessee Tech (Ohio Valley Conference)

MacThor
November 19th, 2012, 02:05 PM
That article implied that UNH and Wofford were in no matter what happened on Saturday, which, apparently, was true.

atlfcsfan
November 19th, 2012, 07:49 PM
That article implied that UNH and Wofford were in no matter what happened on Saturday, which, apparently, was true.

Well I think a close or competive loss can help you. NOt sure if Wofford was totally in, but the competitive game they had with South Carolina solidified their bid.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2012, 09:32 PM
It's ironic the Patriot is represented by a team that is not eligible for the conference auto-bid... pretenders of the throne! Maybe a concession on the no autobid spiel...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I doubt the committee.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I doubt the committee.

I see it. You did that, and I see it.

MacThor
November 19th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Well I think a close or competive loss can help you. NOt sure if Wofford was totally in, but the competitive game they had with South Carolina solidified their bid.

I was thinking more about UNH. Apparently Towson could have won 70-0 and UNH would still get a bid.

ITmonarch10
November 19th, 2012, 10:54 PM

None of this is new information.

CSN-info
November 20th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Does anyone know who these committee members are...

Listed last month here:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?121358-Who-can-list-this-years-Playoff-Selection-committee-and-their-Schools&p=1877954&viewfull=1#post1877954