PDA

View Full Version : Classy Move - ASU will pay the admission for all students attending playoff game

Go Apps
November 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Nice Move ASU!

clenz
November 19th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Nice to see others do this as well. UNI pays for the tickets most years here too

Sent from the nexus of the universe

Apphole
November 19th, 2012, 01:12 PM
http://mlkshk.com/r/EWSV

ElonFirefighter
November 19th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Nice Move ASU!

Hope that $120 hit doesn't hit the athletic budget too hardxlolx j/k classy move and good way to get students through the gate during a holiday weekend.

UNH Fanboi
November 19th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Will there also be a cash drop at halftime?

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2012, 01:41 PM
SDSU is doing the same I believe.

tractorapp
November 19th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Glad they are doing this. App students must pay an athletics fee, so it
only seems right that the school take care of this for them.

Nickels
November 19th, 2012, 01:48 PM
This

Go Apps
November 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the Idea !!!

BisonBohl
November 19th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Very nice move by the University. Dont most all schools charge their students an athletic fee??

ElonFirefighter
November 19th, 2012, 02:44 PM

no they will drop jugs of moonshine or there cheerleaders are dropping there jugs. I cant remember which one it was but what the hell ill go see both

I-16Bandit
November 19th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Well that's pretty cool. Us Georgia Southern kids must pay $5 for a ticket.

md64179
November 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Should help with attendance. For some reason $5 seems to keep students away

Apphole
November 19th, 2012, 03:59 PM

That's 2-3 beers, man.

Go Apps
November 19th, 2012, 04:16 PM
That's 2-3 beers, man.

You mean a case of something or 2 bottles of MD 20/20 - we can't put our youth through difficult decisions of that or a game!

I-16Bandit
November 19th, 2012, 05:10 PM
That's 2-3 beers, man.

Psh. That's a 6 pack of tall boys.

APPride
November 19th, 2012, 05:28 PM
good way to get students through the gate during a holiday weekend.

not an issue...we get our turkey time this week AND the game next week...xnodx

citdog
November 19th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I guess the yosef club is picking up the tab? I wouldn't think taxpayer funds would be used for this.

md64179
November 19th, 2012, 07:25 PM
That's 2-3 beers, man.

That's a 12 pack of PBR. But I would rather watch football. You can always find a few beers at tailgate if wearing the right colors

AppMan
November 19th, 2012, 07:34 PM
We did this last year as well. I think funds to pay for the tickets are deducted from the dollars made over the bid amount. Personally I'd support an extra few bucks added to the ticket price to pay for a student's ticket. My only requirement would be they must stay for the entire game.

GlassOnion
November 19th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I guess the yosef club is picking up the tab? I wouldn't think taxpayer funds would be used for this.

Or maybe student fees, or maybe ticket sales from the 170,000 people that have attended an App game this year...

Taxpayer money in NC does not go to athletics. Its funded by sponsors, donors, and ticket sales.

Mr. C
November 19th, 2012, 08:33 PM

Athletic expenses don't come out of the general fund in North Carolina. Did the tax payers pick up your tab at The Citadel?

Saint3333
November 19th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Citdog don't worry about it the state of SC will not be picking the tab, that is unless CCU gets a home game. They seem to be the only public school from SC that can make the playoffs.

millwoga1
November 19th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Citdog don't worry about it the state of SC will not be picking the tab, that is unless CCU gets a home game. They seem to be the only public school from SC that can make the playoffs.

Sc state has made it a few times

Go Apps
November 20th, 2012, 08:11 AM

Coastal doesn't need anyones money when they have a Billionaire on staff

WataugaDave
November 20th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Coastal doesn't need anyones money when they have a Billionaire on staff

I mean, we have Ike Belk ready to donate money for anything as long as someone from his family has their name on it. Dorm, check. Track at Kidd Brewer, check. Library, check. Renovations to make the old library a classroom building, check. Weird outdoor sculptures, check.

I might have to start shopping at his stores out of a sense of loyalty.

clenz
November 20th, 2012, 09:17 AM
It does across the board.

At UNI the AD picks the tab up for almost every playoff game. In 2007 when we were undefeted they students had to pay $10 for a each game and there was no issues drawing then. However, unless the team is ranked #1 with an FBS wins the 5 bucks causes students to stay away (probably because they get in free to all regular season sporting events, regardless of sport).

Most times they pass it off as "Coach Farley is buying your ticket!" or "Coach Jacobson (the basketball coach) is buying your ticket!" or something like that....we all know what isn't the case, but it does work most of the time.