PDA

View Full Version : Keep doubting Jack Crowe

Cocky
November 18th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Vote us in the preseason top 25 and watch Jack make a fool of us all, again.

Skyhawk71
November 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Well, Cocky I'd say it will be between EKU-EIU-JSU next year, but + to their coaches; you should out recruit UTM every year, with the facilities and talent pool in your area of 'Bama and Georgia, but the Hawks should have beaten JSU last year, and did beat JSU this year- so I will go with your probably right, and since there are so few OVC peeps on this board, you probably will not get many responses.....so I thought I would chime in- just don't come take our head coach, Simp is the winningest coach in school history with the second smallest OVC football budget and short staffed on coaches, I would hate to see what he could do at a school like JSU..........

Cocky
November 19th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Our coach has lots of advantages but his coaching ability isnt one of them.
The OVC was better this year and hopefully that will continue.

Buzzcut
November 19th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Cocky, I couldn't agree more; I don't understand your institution's love affair with Crowe. I was very optimistic about your season, but then that 55-21 shellacking delivered by EKU really left me in doubt. I will say, however, that I think your season did end on a positive note by holding Florida to 23 points.

Overall, the OVC is getting more competitive and I'm thinking the trend will continue. It's unfortunate that EIU has to travel all the way to Brookings, SD in the first round - it almost guarantees another one-and-out for the OVC again this year.

citdog
November 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I'll bet jack hates to look up at the sky. The color reminds of being defeated by The Citadel. Dogs 10 arkansas 3. 5 sept 1992

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I'll bet jack hates to look up at the sky. The color reminds of being defeated by The Citadel. Dogs 10 arkansas 3. 5 sept 1992

I was at that game. Crow was gone the next day if I am correct.

citdog
November 19th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I was at that game. Crow was gone the next day if I am correct.

i was too. My father wept. Until app v mich this was the biggest upset in history.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I doubt Jack Crowe

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2012, 07:34 PM
i was too. My father wept. Until app v mich this was the biggest upset in history.

A lot of people were crying that day.

dgtw
November 19th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I was at the Swamp Saturday and it went as well as could be expected. Florida only had one offensive touchdown. We led Arkansas in the second quarter earlier in the season.

I think Crowe has two years left on his contract so unless he gets the Tennessee job we are stuck with him.

I agree the OVC has gotten better, now we need a playoff win!!!!

One game surprised me Saturday in the SEC-FCS challenge. Kentucky beat Samford 31-3. I thought the Dogs had a chance to pull off the upset.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 19th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Are you crazy? I would never doubt Jack Crowe! I love Jack Crowe and the fact that he is at JSU. Great football mind with what I hope is a very long future ahead of him with the gamecocks. Genius like that can't be judged quickly. THe administration should really look into an 8 - 10 year guarantee so he can really settle in and get comfortable. Hold on to that guy at any cost.