PDA

View Full Version : Keep doubting Georgia Southern!

GATA
November 18th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Blah blah blah, no respect! Blah blah blah, we'll show you! 6national titles! (insert more bitching and moaning here).

No_Skill
November 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM
+1

lulz

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 06:28 PM
See you soon,

love fargo

;)

swaghook
November 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
See you soon,

love fargo

;)

As long as they take care of OD for us.

eagle07
November 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
We won't be making any kind of run with our kicker xoopsx. We need to call snoop Dogg and get one of those pop Warner kids to come kick fgs for us

sgt smash
November 18th, 2012, 06:32 PM
How come Bethune-Cookman doesnt have a thread like this?

T-Dog
November 18th, 2012, 06:33 PM
We were. xconfusedx

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 06:36 PM
We were. xconfusedx

it's an mockery of SHSU etc.

Sammy94
November 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM
This is funny. But we all have "those" fans.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM
See you soon,

love fargo

;)

I'm almost sure he is mocking the other thread. To get to the semis we have to face the two best passing teams in the playoffs. Uh Oh.

malibudude
November 18th, 2012, 06:44 PM
See you soon,

love fargo

;)

Well done, thought you might lead with "Keep doubting Gravity!" ... it hurts when you fall

GSU EAGLES
November 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM
See you soon,

love fargo

;)

But we put over 300 rushing yards on UGA and should have been leading them at the half. They struggled with our speed. :)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I doubt SHSU

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 18th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Gs got screwed, they are extremely weak against the pass, but yet they get probably 2 of the 3 best passing teams in the playoffs in their first couple of games, then if they survive, they probably have ND, waiting for them. The more I read about Central Ark more the more I believe they can put up some serious numbers against GS. I will say this, if GS gets to the finals, they dam well earned it!!!!!!!!!

Drblankstare
November 18th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Oh god, I can only hope that GaSo and NDSU play again. We can have another epic 300 page thread filled with Canadian jokes and Hillbilly jokes. It was magnificent.xnodx

Bisonoline
November 18th, 2012, 09:20 PM
But we put over 300 rushing yards on UGA and should have been leading them at the half. They struggled with our speed. :)

Can we hear more of Buttbama from last year?

Southern Bison
November 18th, 2012, 09:21 PM

But 'Bama II = ButUGA?

swaghook
November 18th, 2012, 09:22 PM

buttbulldogs this year. ;)

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 09:56 PM
buttbulldogs this year. ;)

buttdawgs

DJKyR0
November 18th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Who is breaking out the Jacksonville State excuse? Butt-cocks?

ASU_Fanatic
November 18th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I envision the Southern kicker making a huge field goal in the playoffs

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 18th, 2012, 10:41 PM
You've got jokes.

GATA_Eagles
November 18th, 2012, 10:51 PM

I've lost all faith in (S)hanks

eaglewraith
November 18th, 2012, 11:04 PM

I hope to God he was being sarcastic. At least that's the way I read his comment.

GATA
November 18th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I hope to God he was being sarcastic. At least that's the way I read his comment.

How anybody could mistake this as a SERIOUS thread is beyond me. With that being said...G. Southern gets NO respect! We scored 69 points on Howard people...wake up! We're the best!

Go Apps
November 19th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Blah blah blah, no respect! Blah blah blah, we'll show you! 6national titles! (insert more bitching and moaning here).

I am an ASU fan - there is no doubting from our fans!

eaglewraith
November 19th, 2012, 06:42 AM
How anybody could mistake this as a SERIOUS thread is beyond me. With that being said...G. Southern gets NO respect! We scored 69 points on Howard people...wake up! We're the best!

Just making sure.

gataeagles06
November 19th, 2012, 07:50 AM

Said no one ever

gsu2583
November 19th, 2012, 09:03 AM
If we make it to Fargo this year (F--- Bobby Wilder btw) I like our chances better now that they have field turf and not the carpet. That was a big adjustment to make on top of the noise/distance from home.

Did I mention Bobby Wilder is a punk?

blueballs
November 19th, 2012, 10:58 AM

... and then he woke up.

Apphole
November 19th, 2012, 11:06 AM
There is no doubt that the refs are going to be the reason GaSo loses during these playoffs.

gsu2583
November 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM
There is no doubt that the refs are going to be the reason GaSo loses during these playoffs.

At least someone sees it... :)

Monarx
November 19th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hey buddy you might wanna watch what you write.We did not insult that "Deaf Monkey" of yours..

Eagle11
November 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM

Man your insults keep getting better and better. Other than two controversial calls against App this year, I don't remember GSU fans blaming the refs for much.

gsu2583
November 19th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hey buddy you might wanna watch what you write.We did not insult that "Deaf Monkey" of yours..

???

Apphole
November 19th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Man your insults keep getting better and better. Other than two controversial calls against App this year, I don't remember GSU fans blaming the refs for much.

Yes. I suppose blaming the outcome of the game on the refs is technically "one thing."

Eagle11
November 19th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Yes. I suppose blaming the outcome of the game on the refs is technically "one thing."

Oh well, we won the autobid and a seed in the playoffs. I guess losing to you guys didn't completely ruin the season. What other irrelevant remarks do you want to make?

GlassOnion
November 19th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I seem to remember GSU fans blaming the refs after last years game as well. You'll forgive us if we dont limit our GSU experiences to 1 year.

Apphole
November 19th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Oh well, we won the autobid and a seed in the playoffs. I guess losing to you guys didn't completely ruin the season. What other irrelevant remarks do you want to make?

We definitely got the good end of the deal after looking at that bracket. See you in Frisco. Cheers to good officiating xlolx.

GlassOnion
November 19th, 2012, 11:48 AM
So whats the deal with Brent Russel GSU fans? Is he in or out?

blueballs
November 19th, 2012, 12:07 PM
So whats the deal with Brent Russel GSU fans? Is he in or out?

In... played against UGA Saturday.

GlassOnion
November 19th, 2012, 12:27 PM
In... played against UGA Saturday.

Interesting.

At least GSU will have a fighting chance with the OL eater out there. Maybe he can throw back some heinickes instead of Heinekens.

TwoFeathers
November 19th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I hate to say it, but if Ga Southern makes it to NDSU, they have even LESS of a chance this year, and last time was a shellacking... Will be fun to see the ODU/GSU re-match after last year. This time at ODU.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I hate to say it, but if Ga Southern makes it to NDSU, they have even LESS of a chance this year, and last time was a shellacking... Will be fun to see the ODU/GSU re-match after last year. This time at ODU.

Their kicker wouldn't even have been a factor last year, they went for it on 4th down almost every time.

eaglewraith
November 19th, 2012, 01:07 PM

At least we can both celebrate the fact that we won't have to deal with Socon refs any more this year.

Apphole
November 19th, 2012, 01:10 PM
At least we can both celebrate the fact that we won't have to deal with Socon refs any more this year.

And perhaps only one more year by the looks of the latest realignment.

blueballs
November 19th, 2012, 02:13 PM

NDSU won't beat GSU by more than 28 if they happen to meet again, so I disagree with that statement. LOL

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
NDSU won't beat GSU by more than 28 if they happen to meet again, so I disagree with that statement. LOL

14, tops.

SpeedkingATL
November 19th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Their kicker wouldn't even have been a factor last year, they went for it on 4th down almost every time.

If you've seen their kicker this year you would expect them to go for it on fourth down every time. (Apps field goal kicking hasn't been much better either).

gsu2583
November 19th, 2012, 02:59 PM
If you've seen their kicker(s) this year you would expect them to go for it on fourth down every time. (Apps field goal kicking hasn't been much better either).

FIFY

GSUhooligan
November 19th, 2012, 03:27 PM

No Teagle= good for us

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 03:35 PM
No Teagle= good for us

It's Heagle, and I sincerely hope you think that. The linebackers are crazy fast this year. Carlton Littlejohn and Travis Beck are as fast as DB's. Not that Bobby Ollman and Christian Dudzik are any slouches.

jim121256
November 20th, 2012, 01:55 AM
It's Heagle, and I sincerely hope you think that. The linebackers are crazy fast this year. Carlton Littlejohn and Travis Beck are as fast as DB's. Not that Bobby Ollman and Christian Dudzik are any slouches.

And I thought we settled the speed issue here last year!

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2012, 05:32 AM

Heagle was the difference in the perimeter game last year. A safety is supposed to be the one over in the option alley and it takes a good one to disrupt it the way he did. If you're putting that as a LB's responsibility this time, I don't know what that would do to the inside running game.

This is assuming of course your DL forgets how to get off blocks from the OL.

ANNNNNDDD a big assumption that both of us make it that far. I'm not one to count my chickens before they hatch. Plus side is that ya'll don't have carpet anymore :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2012, 06:26 AM

As a run stopper, Ollman is probably just as good as Heagle. Heagle is much better in pass coverage.

IMO, NDSU will have no trouble with GSU again, if both teams make it that far.

blueballs
November 20th, 2012, 06:57 AM
As a run stopper, Ollman is probably just as good as Heagle. Heagle is much better in pass coverage.

Different teams, different personalities, different year.... I look forward to it but we are both a LONG way from there.

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2012, 08:55 AM

The game last year was not quite as lopsided as the final score would indicate. We just failed to take advantage of our opportunities on offense. Some of it was due to mistakes, some of it was due to defensive performance by NDSU. Unfortunately, I think we would have the same fate due to our inconsistencies on offense and our horrible red zone numbers. In our games where we've looked bad or lost, it's been a case of not executing (due to a breakdown in fundamentals or inexperience from youth or injury) and/or poor play calling. This has led to poor performance against defenses that make you pay for mistakes like that.

I'm not sure how far we make it this year. But as blueballs said above, both of us have a lot of questions to answer before it comes to this matchup. NDSU is by no means a shoe in for the semis/finals. Neither are we.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2012, 09:05 AM
The game last year was not quite as lopsided as the final score would indicate. We just failed to take advantage of our opportunities on offense. Some of it was due to mistakes, some of it was due to defensive performance by NDSU. Unfortunately, I think we would have the same fate due to our inconsistencies on offense and our horrible red zone numbers. In our games where we've looked bad or lost, it's been a case of not executing (due to a breakdown in fundamentals or inexperience from youth or injury) and/or poor play calling. This has led to poor performance against defenses that make you pay for mistakes like that.

I'm not sure how far we make it this year. But as blueballs said above, both of us have a lot of questions to answer before it comes to this matchup. NDSU is by no means a shoe in for the semis/finals. Neither are we.

That is true, however, this years defense is immensely better than last years. That is the only constant through this whole year. Our offense has been timid and mistake prone but our defense is not going to give up a ton of points to anyone.

asucrutch23
November 20th, 2012, 09:11 AM
That is true, however, this years defense is immensely better than last years. That is the only constant through this whole year. Our offense has been timid and mistake prone but our defense is not going to give up a ton of points to anyone.

I really hope we get to see ODU-NDSU (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irresistible_force_paradox). That would be the best offense and defense each team has seen all season by a long shot.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I really hope we get to see ODU-NDSU (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irresistible_force_paradox). That would be the best offense and defense each team has seen all season by a long shot.

I may be the only one who thinks that but I'd love to see that. I want to see what happens when Heinecke has to come out of the shotgun and can't get his signals heard.

GATA
November 20th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I may be the only one who thinks that but I'd love to see that. I want to see what happens when Heinecke has to come out of the shotgun and can't get his signals heard.

I regularly see teams in the shotgun while playing on the road in 90,000+ seat stadiums...I don't think it's gonna be an issue in an airplane hanger.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I regularly see teams in the shotgun while playing on the road in 90,000+ seat stadiums...I don't think it's gonna be an issue in an airplane hanger.

Yup, that's what they all think.

Actually it is like an airplane hangar. With an airplane running inside it.

344Johnson
November 20th, 2012, 12:18 PM

Fargodome is a tough place to play in if you aren't used to noise(I don't know what CAA stadiums are like as far as noise). I think the dome has garnered enough of a reputation that teams are coming more prepared though. Silent/hand counts obviously help.

straightshooter
November 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
And I thought we settled the speed issue here last year!

Speed of the GSU offense this season is markedly different with McKinnon at the healm rather than Shaw. McKinnon gets to the pitch point much faster than Shaw did, but then the difference between 4.35 and 4.7 in the 40 has a lot to do with that. If we get that far, my guess is that NDSU will have to make some rush angle adjustments with the safety to compensate for the increase in speed. One thing you will see is that McKinnon will turn the ball up whereas Shaw would continue down the line with the ball. McKinnon has 1,100+ yards rushing on the year. Shaw had just over 300 through 11 games last year. The biggest difference is that McKinnon can take it to the house on every play. Shaw could not do that.

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Fargodome is a tough place to play in if you aren't used to noise(I don't know what CAA stadiums are like as far as noise). I think the dome has garnered enough of a reputation that teams are coming more prepared though. Silent/hand counts obviously help.

They use silent counts and hand signals I believe, so noise shouldn't present a communication issue....if that matchup occcurs.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Speed of the GSU offense this season is markedly different with McKinnon at the healm rather than Shaw. McKinnon gets to the pitch point much faster than Shaw did, but then the difference between 4.35 and 4.7 in the 40 has a lot to do with that. If we get that far, my guess is that NDSU will have to make some rush angle adjustments with the safety to compensate for the increase in speed. One thing you will see is that McKinnon will turn the ball up whereas Shaw would continue down the line with the ball. McKinnon has 1,100+ yards rushing on the year. Shaw had just over 300 through 11 games last year. The biggest difference is that McKinnon can take it to the house on every play. Shaw could not do that.

You see. We heard all that before from GSU and Sammy. It actually has to happen before we'll believe it.

cr8n
November 20th, 2012, 02:09 PM
They use silent counts and hand signals I believe, so noise shouldn't present a communication issue....if that matchup occcurs.

This is correct. Noise "shouldn't" be an issue.

cr8n
November 20th, 2012, 02:12 PM
This is correct. Noise "shouldn't" be an issue.

wow, that was my first post. Folks here are very excited to get another shot at GA Southern. Do work next Saturday! This ODU guy will be rooting for you... to lose. No, seriously. Good luck! lose

BullDog85
November 20th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Oh well, we won the autobid and a seed in the playoffs. You didn't earn that, we gifted it to ya!

straightshooter
November 20th, 2012, 02:29 PM
You didn't earn that, we gifted it to ya!

Just like GSU "gifted" you guys that game early in the year.

seantaylor
November 21st, 2012, 01:06 AM

1100 and didn't start until what the 5th game? McKinnon is improving every week. He's the best player on the team now, IMO.