PDA

View Full Version : One Play Caused This for Lehigh

SingForever
November 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM
With Lehigh leading 14-0 and Colgate stopped for the third straight time, Gaul runs into the punter so Lehigh doesn't get the ball. Blocking a punt shoud have been the last thing on Lehigh's mind (Players and Coaches). Just get the ball back! Think about it, Lehigh would have had at least a 21-0 lead at the half. What a stupid play, but I guess now a lot of stupid people are happy.

sgt smash
November 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM
With Lehigh leading 14-0 and Colgate stopped for the third straight time, Gaul runs into the punter so Lehigh doesn't get the ball. Blocking a punt shoud have been the last thing on Lehigh's mind (Players and Coaches). Just get the ball back! Think about it, Lehigh would have had at least a 21-0 lead at the half. What a stupid play, but I guess now a lot of stupid people are happy.

Hey, that is why the games are played. Better luck next year for you guys. I do not think that calling people who didnt think your team should make the playoffs stupid is warranted

SingForever
November 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Hey, that is why the games are played. Better luck next year for you guys. I do not think that calling people who didnt think your team should make the playoffs stupid is warrantedOKAY

LehighU11
November 18th, 2012, 01:18 PM

The team still had to show up for the second half in that game. The offense didn't. Getting only 48 yards of offense (15 of it from penalties) in the first 29 minutes of the second half and possessing the ball for 3 minutes will not win you a game against an offense as explosive as Colgate's. That roughing the kicker penalty hurt, but it wasn't what made the game.

RichH2
November 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Oh come on. May be true but so what. There was still a whole game to play. Gate did and we didn't. We controlled our own destiny. We lost the game. Would it have been different? Who knows. It is the final score that counts. We lost.
Now to go out recruit and prepare for next year, not do woulda, coulda, shoulda for this season. It is now over.

LehighGuy
November 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
This thread is idiotic and needs to be deleted.

RichH2
November 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM

+1

lehighfball
November 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM

+1

Bisonator
November 18th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Wow, way to throw one player under the bus. xsmhx

Why not blame your AD for scheduling creme puffs in OOC play?

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM
One or two plays in other games saved Lehigh from being perhaps 8-3. That is just the way it works.

Also the original poster is a complete loser for calling out a player in this manner.

LehighU11
November 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM
One or two plays in other games saved Lehigh from being perhaps 8-3. That is just the way it works.

Also the original poster is a complete loser for calling out a player in this manner.

Exactly. That's how this game goes. Sometimes you make mistakes, other times you capitalize on others'. We were fortunate to see a 10-1 season with plenty of close games.

Throwing a player under the bus is uncalled for. I'm sick of these randoms coming in here only to make 2 or 3 whiny posts at the end of the season. Give these players credit for a great year. They overachieved after losing Lum, Drwal, Groome, C. Newton, McKenna, and plenty of other players that were among the best we've seen in the past decade.

dgreco
November 18th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I know a few Colgate football alums and they think the Raiders won the game and Lehigh didn't lose/blow the game. Bias noted :)

sgt smash
November 18th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Does Spadola have potential to play on Sundays?

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 02:31 PM

He isn't in the top 50 for the WR position in the draft tracker. I would say not a very large chance.

RichH2
November 18th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Exactly. That's how this game goes. Sometimes you make mistakes, other times you capitalize on others'. We were fortunate to see a 10-1 season with plenty of close games.

Throwing a player under the bus is uncalled for. I'm sick of these randoms coming in here only to make 2 or 3 whiny posts at the end of the season. Give these players credit for a great year. They overachieved after losing Lum, Drwal, Groome, C. Newton, McKenna, and plenty of other players that were among the best we've seen in the past decade.

Exactly. Given all our close wins we s/b the last to complain about one play.

sgt smash
November 18th, 2012, 02:32 PM
At least he will be someone's boss anyways.

Sader87
November 18th, 2012, 02:34 PM
I'll say it again, HC wins this year's Lehigh game (up 35-23 mid 4th Q, missed 43 yd FG on the last play etc) at least 90 out of 100 times (or whatever ratio you want to use....let's just say MOST of the time) but to LU's credit they pulled it out.

Point being, there was no one play that doomed Lehigh this year.

LehighU11
November 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM

A lot depends on his performance at combines. He has the size (6'3 200) and speed. He'll have to show off that speed and skill once the combines come around. He missed several game with mono this year, but doesn't have any history of injuries. My guess is that he'll sign as an undrafted FA. Jake Drwal, our other WR last year, was invited to the Packers' mini-camps in the spring. Drwal is fast and very skilled, but lacks Spadola's size and is not quite as skilled. I believe there are 5 PL grads from the past 5 years in the NFL right now.

Engineer86
November 18th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Wow, way to throw one player under the bus. xsmhx

Why not blame your AD for scheduling creme puffs in OOC play?

I agree with this. I hoped that the AD knew something about the way the committee looks at all DI wins, with 10 being enough, but clearly not the case. He needs to step up the schedule. Next year we have UNH again, maybe if he offers Delaware a 3 for 1 deal they will actually come out of Delaware. Why not a JMU, Richmond or W&M? Now that Albany and SB are CAA, get them on the schedule. Army or Navy?

heath
November 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM
The game is 60 minutes not one play.Did you look at time of possession? Get a tougher schedule in the future and maybe problem is solved . One play for Georgetown and one play for Holy Cross and 8-3 is very possible.

ColgateTD
November 18th, 2012, 04:49 PM
IMHO the onsides kick had more to do with the LU loss than the roughing the kicker call. Old mo really changed in 'Gate's favor after that call. In any case LU played a good game; it is a travesty that they are not in the playoffs.

Vitojr130
November 18th, 2012, 05:14 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22780240.jpg