PDA

View Full Version : Will the MEAC Playoff Streak End?

superman7515
November 18th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Bethune-Cookman (9-2,8-0) at home against Coastal Carolina (7-4,5-1). Will a MEAC team finally break through to Round 2 after a decade of drought, or will Coastal Carolina keep the streak intact after making the playoffs on the last weekend by winning the Big South autobid?

aceinthehole
November 18th, 2012, 12:51 PM
On a side note, hope to see more regular season scheduling between MEAC/BigSouth/NEC as practical.

Humble Steward
November 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Bethune-Cookman (9-2,8-0) at home against Coastal Carolina (7-4,5-1). Will a MEAC team finally break through to Round 2 after a decade of drought, or will Coastal Carolina keep the streak intact after making the playoffs on the last weekend by winning the Big South autobid?

The truth Supe. I don't know. Is this a winnable game yes, but we have to be disciplined in the playoffs. We are one of the most penalized teams (MEAC refs don't help) and you can't win games like that. With that being said, we are playing sound defense and create a lot of turnovers. I know Jenkins will have our team ready and the most important fact is that we are healthy. Below are the the three keys to victory Saturday. Stay in the moment Wildcats. It's good to be back in the hunt.

1. Defense continues to perform and create + turnover margin.
2. Eliminate / minimize penalties.
3. Solid special teams play (slightly improved this year).

I'm pretty sure Coastal Carolina likes this match up as well. Should be a good game.

dgreco
November 18th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I think BCU will win this game and will win fairly easily.

Humble Steward
November 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I think BCU will win this game and will win fairly easily.

But you picked Coastal to win. Just sayingxeyebrowx.

South Dakota State over Eastern Illinois
Coastal over Bethune-Cookman
Villanova over Stony Brook
Wagner over Colgate

Wofford over New Hampshire
Georgia Souther over Central Arkansas
Cal Poly over Sam Houston State
Illinois State over Appalachian State

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
But you picked Coastal to win. Just sayingxeyebrowx.

So what you are saying is he will be right either way.

dgreco
November 18th, 2012, 02:53 PM
gotta hedge my bets, but actually i copied and pasted and forgot to change that one

ITmonarch10
November 18th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I think the MEAC finally breaks its playoff curse.

*They are at home
*Facing the Big South 3rd best team who got lucky due to some BS tiebreakers

md64179
November 18th, 2012, 03:35 PM
This is the best chance they have had in recent years. I think BC gets the win at home in a close one.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
It's hard to say. Coastal isn't very good, but the second place Howard team we faced wasn't very good either. Won't surprise me either way, but the "winner" gets a free trip to Norfolk to get hammered by ODU.

narc
November 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I think most ODU fans would be pleased with either result.

Tealblood
November 18th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I think the MEAC finally breaks its playoff curse.

*They are at home
*Facing the Big South 3rd best team who got lucky due to some BS tiebreakers

How do you figure 3rd best we lost by 6 to Stoney brook with a fumble on their 25 with 3 minutes left and we beat the crap out of liberty

dgreco
November 18th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I would say 2nd best. Granted, I haven't watch CCU, but I have seen BCU and they are a solid team.

Big Dawg
November 18th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Remember, BCU's starting QB is the leading passer in Florida HS football history and was Mr. Florida coming out of high school...yep, broke Tim Tebow's record. This kid along with running back Isidore Jackson and WR Eddie Poole will probably give CCU's defense all kinds of fits on Saturday.

This is one of the more favorable draws a MEAC team has gotten in a long time...typically the MEAC is stacked up in the first round against a top CAA or SoCon team. BCU has a legit shot.

R.A.
November 20th, 2012, 06:44 PM
It's hard to say. Coastal isn't very good, but the second place Howard team we faced wasn't very good either. Won't surprise me either way, but the "winner" gets a free trip to Norfolk to get hammered by ODU.

A few of our defensive starters, including Buch Buchanan Award Candidate Keith Pough, did not play versus Georgia Southern.

Our offense moved the ball consistently versus Georgia Southern.

I really want to play Georgia Southern again next season.