PDA

View Full Version : Selection show blacked out

HailSzczur
November 18th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Why is the selection show blacked out on ESPN 3? I don't have ESPN U here at Nova, anyone know any ways around it or other places to watch, or should I just be checking this site for updates?

RichH2
November 18th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Surprised but I looked for you. Could not find any. Most of us will be posting as show reveals bracket. So stay tuned.

Mr. C
November 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I am trying to battle with the same thing. And there is this Christmas parade going on down my street at about the same time. Anyone know of restaurants to try in the Northeast Philly suburbs?

UNH Fanboi
November 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Surprised but I looked for you. Could not find any. Most of us will be posting as show reveals bracket. So stay tuned.

The site will crash during the show. It always does.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2012, 11:34 AM
If anyone has a link let us know.

BisonBabe
November 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
this was posted over on Bisonville

This feed may or may not be online for the show. It's been good previously. http://myrtv.eu/esu/

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
The site will crash during the show. It always does.

This site? It hasn't crashed the last two years but not saying it won't happen today. Just wanted to correct the "always does" part there.

UNH Fanboi
November 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM
This site? It hasn't crashed the last two years but not saying it won't happen today. Just wanted to correct the "always does" part there.

Ok, but there will probably be a ton of traffic this year with all the bubble teams...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Ok, but there will probably be a ton of traffic this year with all the bubble teams...

No doubt it will slow down I bet but hopefully doesn't crash & burn from traffic.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2012, 11:45 AM

about the same me the CAA
Crashed...

McLeansvilleAppFan
November 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I doubt you have the ability to use WatchESPN if you don't have ESPNU, but it seems ESPN3 has morped into an online network dealing with "exclusive" content most of the time, and WatchESPN being the online presence that streams ESPN/ESPN3/ESPN3/ESPNU, much as ESPN3 used to do. But you need an ISP or CableTV provider that is willing to pay the fees, which in turn I am sure are passed on to me as a customer.

I don't have ESPN in the family room, I am working in today, but I can stream ESPNU through WatchESPN. I am sure this is a way to make me keep cable around and not just get my TV through the internet as I think WatchESPN is tied to my cable bill and not my ISP. I think ESPN3 is through my ISP, though in my case this is the same company, the different sides deal with ESPN in different ways to make the Cable/ISP attractive in their own way.

Well, I stand corrected. I try and go through WatchESPN.com and it tells me ESPN3 is blacked out in my area. I guess I will be walking down a flight of steps to the other TV.