PDA

View Full Version : Bison Video Blog: Bracketology Show

MarkyMark
November 18th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Really good bracket analysis from our local media. These guys do a great job of covering FCS.

http://bcove.me/fikz4byh

EDIT: These guys predicted 20 for 20 today. Find out why your team was in / not in.

LUHawker
November 18th, 2012, 08:16 AM
More "power" conference bias in this selection. Both Wofford and Stony Brook are one win fewer in the eyes of the committee, at 7-3 and 8-2, respectively.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2012, 08:22 AM
More "power" conference bias in this selection. Both Wofford and Stony Brook are one win fewer in the eyes of the committee, at 7-3 and 8-2, respectively.

Since wins are all that matter then NDSU ODU and Lehigh should be 123 respectively.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bisonguy
November 18th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Nice job by Jeff and Dom. As good or better than any national media breakdown on the bracket.

walliver
November 18th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Too bad their graphics didn't match the dialog. They switched Eastern Washington and Montana State.

Like almost all bracketologist at the FCS level, they seemed to know more about the teams near them than the teams away from them. But, like I said, that is almost universal at the FCS level.

Cincy App
November 18th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Like almost all bracketologist at the FCS level, they seemed to know more about the teams near them than the teams away from them. But, like I said, that is almost universal at the FCS level.

I agree. I like hearing different perspectives and their thought process though. For those who didn't want to watch the video, here are their at-large predictions (they did not provide pairings):

Illinois St, Montana St, Appalachian St, Stony Brook, Sam Houston St, Old Dominion, South Dakota St, Cal Poly, Wofford, and New Hampshire

MarkyMark
November 18th, 2012, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=walliver;1895596]Too bad their graphics didn't match the dialog. They switched Eastern Washington and Montana State.

These guys flew to Illinois to cover the NDSU vs. ILL. St. game, flew back to Fargo last night, taped the show, edited it and posted it by early this morning. I am willing to cut them a little slack if they edited in the wrong graphics. These guy follow FCS very closely and definately know the difference between EWU and MSU.

MarkyMark
November 18th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Like almost all bracketologist at the FCS level, they seemed to know more about the teams near them than the teams away from them. But, like I said, that is almost universal at the FCS level.[/QUOTE]

I posted this to AGS because I felt they did a good job of explaining the merits of all at large FCS teams. Curious why you feel they don't know other FCS teams, thought they had well rounded decisions for all of their picks.

FargoBison
November 18th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Here is their bracket....

Wagner vs BC-U at #1 NDSU
SBU vs UCA

Wofford vs Cal Poly at #4 EWU
SHSU vs #5 GSU

EIU vs SDSU at #3 ODU
UNH vs Ill State

Colgate vs CCU at #2 Montana State
Nova vs App State

http://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/270220230410764289/photo/1

walliver
November 18th, 2012, 11:50 AM

I posted this to AGS because I felt they did a good job of explaining the merits of all at large FCS teams. Curious why you feel they don't know other FCS teams, thought they had well rounded decisions for all of their picks.[/QUOTE]

They admitted that they didn't know much about some of the teams. Let's face it, there is little national coverage of FCS teams, and much of what most AGS'ers know about distant teams comes from AGS. It was a comment not a criticism.

Mattymc727
November 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I like it, but Towson has to be in over UNH

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I posted this to AGS because I felt they did a good job of explaining the merits of all at large FCS teams. Curious why you feel they don't know other FCS teams, thought they had well rounded decisions for all of their picks.

They admitted that they didn't know much about some of the teams. Let's face it, there is little national coverage of FCS teams, and much of what most AGS'ers know about distant teams comes from AGS. It was a comment not a criticism.[/QUOTE]

As they said, they were 19/20 last year. Izzo came from NY so he probably has more knowledge of East Coast teams than most in the Midwest do.

Engineer86
November 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I could have spent 10 minutes reading threads and gotten the same thing. There are posters on this board I would give more credibility.

FargoBison
November 18th, 2012, 12:41 PM
They picked all 20 teams, I guess they must know something.

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2012, 02:52 PM
They picked all 20 teams, I guess they must know something.

They will be gloating about it on the next video blog as Kolpack mentioned :)

bisonguy
November 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM
They will be gloating about it on the next video blog as Kolpack mentioned :)

That would be this one- http://bcove.me/ytkikmk2

Gotta admit, 39/40 teams picked correctly in the last two seasons is pretty good. They make some good points regarding NDSU's portion of the bracket.