PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State vs Youngstown State

penguinpower
November 18th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I truely do not understand this YSU team. They started the year with a win over Pitt and they were playing some really good football. They beat a very good Albany team and they were ranked 3rd and were 4-0 when they were forced to play @ NDSU again due to a conference schedule reboot which turned out to be a revenge game for last season. Ysu then lost the next 4 games, essentially all of the games in October, and in two of the games in the losing streak they blew big leads. The last two games of the losing streak were just horrible and they struggled to play fundamentally they turned the ball over many times and played bad against bad teams. Then YSU played a bad South Dakota team and got an ugly win over a bad South Dakota team and followed that up with a better looking win at Western Illinois. Then they play a very good Indiana State team that has a playoff spot on the line and absolutely put on a clinic. They played the most complete game of the season and it was as impressive as the win over Pitt. Over the last 3 weeks they got it back together and yesterday they demonstrated what was expected all season. I am still baffled as I have never seen a team do this before. They played like a national title contender. I don't know how to describe the extremes because it is not a Jekyll and Hyde performance week to week or game to game. It is more like a roller coaster. But they are playing some good ball now.

penguinpower
November 18th, 2012, 05:29 AM
That wasn't well written due to the fact that i am using a cell phone to post this.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2012, 05:55 AM
After the NDSU game the wheels fell off until the last 3 games. If YSU had won one of those games during their losing streak, they would probably be in the playoffs today.

There is probably a very slim chance they make it but IDK if the committee will take them over a lot of 8-3 teams this year. The Pitt win is huge but not 7-4 and 4-4 in the conference.

When the offense is clicking, YSU is one of the best in the nation.