PDA

View Full Version : This doesn't happen every year

Sammy94
November 18th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Two of the three Sam Houston losses this season were to FBS teams that both knocked off the #1 ranked team in the country.

malibudude
November 18th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Should help the Sagarin. Interesting stat.

World
November 18th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Impressive

NDB
November 18th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Congratulations on losing to good FBS teams?

GSUEagles#1
November 18th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Seriously... You don't get kudos for losing to a good FBS school. Everyone on here thought we (GSU) were crazy last year talking about Alabama and we at least had something to be proud of having more yardage than any other school. There are no such thing as moral victories. Can we say that we lost to a team that could very well be in the national championship game if they beat Alabama?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Seriously... You don't get kudos for losing to a good FBS school. Everyone on here thought we (GSU) were crazy last year talking about Alabama and we at least had something to be proud of having more yardage than any other school. There are no such thing as moral victories. Can we say that we lost to a team that could very well be in the national championship game if they beat Alabama?

This.

It's like saying GSU's last two losses were to the eventual National Champions of FBS and FCS. You don't get a moral victory ring.

DSUrocks07
November 18th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Two of the three Sam Houston losses this season were to FBS teams that both knocked off the #1 ranked team in the country.

Props to your AD for making the schedule...other than that. xdontknowx

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2012, 09:52 AM

It's the DII win that hurts, not the FBS losses.

BISON Thunder
November 18th, 2012, 09:57 AM

GSU looked dang tough the first half yesterday. The missed field goal turned the tide. The option play appears even more potent than last year's...if we meet again in the playoffs, I hope a couple Colten Heagles step up!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
So since having a DII on the schedule and not having an FBS win was a deciding factor in seeding NDSU higher than GSU last year, why should Sam get seeded while GSU does not get a seed this year?

GSU EAGLES
November 18th, 2012, 10:11 AM
GSU looked dang tough the first half yesterday. The missed field goal turned the tide. The option play appears even more potent than last year's...if we meet again in the playoffs, I hope a couple Colten Heagles step up!

Yes, we definitely should have been leading UGA 14-10 at the half had there not been a phantom chop block called on a 4th and 1 that we converted with 1:00 to go in the half. Had that not been called we would have had first and goal from the 3 and would have run the clock out in the 1st half.

If we play you guys again, our first two plays will be deep passes to try and soften you up a little. Heagle and co were commiting 100% on the option run and it worked to perfection. We did a poor job of adjusting. Not saying it would have changed the outcome, but we have to make you respect the pass a little.

NDB
November 18th, 2012, 10:12 AM
So since having a DII on the schedule and not having an FBS win was a deciding factor in seeding NDSU higher than GSU last year, why should Sam get seeded while GSU does not get a seed this year?

Sam Houston doesn't deserve a seed. They are Lehigh South and should be a bubble team.

BISON Thunder
November 18th, 2012, 10:23 AM
If we play you guys again, our first two plays will be deep passes to try and soften you up a little. Heagle and co were commiting 100% on the option run and it worked to perfection. We did a poor job of adjusting. Not saying it would have changed the outcome, but we have to make you respect the pass a little.

My point is, to beat you guys again the Bison will need to have a couple guys step up and play really, really well. Like most teams this time of year, NDSU has several key players who will be watching the playoffs from the sidelines (including Heagle and best dlineman). Your new QB appeared to be quite a bit quicker than l remember seeing last year. When he decides to keep the ball and cut it up, there is definitely no hesitation. He is smaller than the guy you had last year, correct?

GSU EAGLES
November 18th, 2012, 10:33 AM
My point is, to beat you guys again the Bison will need to have a couple guys step up and play really, really well. Like most teams this time of year, NDSU has several key players who will be watching the playoffs from the sidelines (including Heagle and best dlineman). Your new QB appeared to be quite a bit quicker than l remember seeing last year. When he decides to keep the ball and cut it up, there is definitely no hesitation. He is smaller than the guy you had last year, correct?

He is shorter at 5'9" but pretty thick at 210. Lightening quick and very fast.....legit sub 4.5.

My point was that your coaches and players know how to stop the triple option and that you have to force us to pass. Last year when you keyed everybody on the run and had people in position, we did not adjust.......a compliment to your coaches and disciplined players. It is amazing that we made a lot of first round draft picks look bad yesterday, but NDSU completely dominated us.

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2012, 11:16 AM

It may have gone something like this in 2011 and may go in 2012.

2011 - NDSU 10-1 Division I, 9-1 FCS record, GSU 8-1 FCS record - NDSU more wins
2012 - SAM 7-1 FCS record, GSU 8-2 FCS record - GSU more loses, SAM higher winning percentage

mountaineerman
November 18th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I really thought you guys shsu would have put up a few more points with all the talk about how you obliterated earlier opponents.What i saw from odu yesterday they look like a really good team.

X-Factor
November 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM
If SHSU somehow is left out of the playoffs, the pitchforks should be raised at the AD

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Yes, we definitely should have been leading UGA 14-10 at the half had there not been a phantom chop block called on a 4th and 1 that we converted with 1:00 to go in the half. Had that not been called we would have had first and goal from the 3 and would have run the clock out in the 1st half.

Please do, I'm afraid not enough teams are throwing, Marcus Williams needs to buff up his stats a little.