PDA

View Full Version : One thing I think we can agree on.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 17th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Tomorrow is going to suck for several fan bases represented here.

That said, I think the 'Bubble' speaks well to the health of FCS Football. I was against expanding the playoff field from 16 to 20 because I didn't think there were enough quality team to fill the bracket. I really didn't think there were enough quality teams to fill a 16 team bracket.

There are A LOT of quality FCS teams this year!

It's going to be fun to see how it plays out. Good luck everyone.

DaBigBlue
November 17th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Well said.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Tomorrow is going to suck for several fan bases represented here.

That said, I think the 'Bubble' speaks well to the health of FCS Football. I was against expanding the playoff field from 16 to 20 because I didn't think there were enough quality team to fill the bracket. I really didn't think there were enough quality teams to fill a 16 team bracket.

There are A LOT of quality FCS teams this year!

It's going to be fun to see how it plays out. Good luck everyone.

Good post.

Many 8-3 teams will be left out this year.

ElCid
November 17th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Good post.

Many 8-3 teams will be left out this year.

There will be many very good 8-3 teams left out, but there will also be many very good 7-4 teams left out as well and there is even two or three pretty good 6-5 teams that would be competitive in the playoffs but would never be considered. It all speaks to the overall competitive nature of the FCS this year.

Hammerhead
November 17th, 2012, 10:01 PM
One or two conferences may also feel slighted tomorrow with multiple teams bunched up in the 1st and 2nd place records.

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 10:28 PM
No matter how it plays out Sunday there will be deserving teams left out. I know I will be watching .. A bit easier for me , if we get in great, if not, still a great yr and coaches can get out recruiting earlier.

Gil Dobie
November 17th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Some 8-3 teams with DII wins will be left out.

DSUrocks07
November 17th, 2012, 11:03 PM
With the power conferences ditching the round robin format in favor of unbalanced schedules...this will probably be a regular occurrence for the foreseeable future.