PDA

View Full Version : SLC Announces Television Schedule

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Quite a few offerings on the schedule which will feature every team in the conference this year, including soon to be member UCA. Can't wait to catch some of these games this coming fall! Just a few weeks away...

2006 SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE FOOTBALL TELEVISION SCHEDULE
Day, Date / Contest / Central Time / Network(s)
Sat., Sept. 2 / McNeese State at South Florida / 6 p.m. / Cox Sports Television
Sat., Sept. 16 / Nicholls State at Louisiana Tech / 6 p.m. / Cox Sports Television
Sat., Sept. 16 / (1)Delaware State at Northwestern State / (1) 10 p.m. / College Sports Television
Sat., Sept. 30 / Sam Houston State at Texas / TBD / FSN Southwest (Pay-Per-View)
Sat., Oct. 7 / Sam Houston State at Northwestern State / 7 p.m. / FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Sat., Oct. 14 / Texas State at McNeese State / 7 p.m. / FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Thu., Oct. 19 / Central Arkansas at Sam Houston State / 7 p.m. FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Sat., Oct. 28 / Stephen F. Austin at Southeastern La. / 7 p.m. / FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Thu., Nov. 2 / Nicholls State at Texas State / 7 p.m. / FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Thu., Nov. 16 / Northwestern State at Stephen F. Austin / 7 p.m. / FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Sat., Nov. 18 / Nicholls State at McNeese State / 7 p.m. / Cox Sports Television

(1) Same day delayed broadcast time. Actual kickoff is 6 p.m.

http://southland.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081406aab.html

BEAR
August 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks T.T. !!!

You are always there with the info us newbies need!

GeauxLions94
August 14th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Quite a few offerings on the schedule which will feature every team in the conference this year, including soon to be member UCA. Can't wait to catch some of these games this coming fall! Just a few weeks away...

2006 SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE FOOTBALL TELEVISION SCHEDULE
Day, Date / Contest / Central Time / Network(s)
Sat., Sept. 2 / McNeese State at South Florida / 6 p.m. / Cox Sports Television
Sat., Sept. 16 / Nicholls State at Louisiana Tech / 6 p.m. / Cox Sports TelevisionSat., Sept. 16 / (1)Delaware State at Northwestern State / (1) 10 p.m. / College Sports Television
Sat., Sept. 30 / Sam Houston State at Texas / TBD / FSN Southwest (Pay-Per-View)
Sat., Oct. 7 / Sam Houston State at Northwestern State / 7 p.m. / FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Sat., Oct. 14 / Texas State at McNeese State / 7 p.m. / FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Thu., Oct. 19 / Central Arkansas at Sam Houston State / 7 p.m. FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Sat., Oct. 28 / Stephen F. Austin at Southeastern La. / 7 p.m. / FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Thu., Nov. 2 / Nicholls State at Texas State / 7 p.m. / FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Thu., Nov. 16 / Northwestern State at Stephen F. Austin / 7 p.m. / FSN Southwest, Fox College Sports
Sat., Nov. 18 / Nicholls State at McNeese State / 7 p.m. / Cox Sports Television
(1) Same day delayed broadcast time. Actual kickoff is 6 p.m.

http://southland.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081406aab.html

Great news! Just got the digital tier for Cox Sports Television here on the northshore. Hope the wife knows how to program the VCR

Bear Fan 101
August 14th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks T.T. !!!

You are always there with the info us newbies need!

http://www.ucafans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=878

Been meaning to invite you back over to UCAFans.com. We've cleaned it up a little and got rid of your thorn from the D2 board.

golionsgo
August 14th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Great news! Just got the digital tier for Cox Sports Television here on the northshore. Hope the wife knows how to program the VCR

I'm disappointed we're only on TV once while the other schools are on two and three times but I guess once is better than none.

Bear Fan 101
August 14th, 2006, 11:39 AM
I'm really really pumped we are on tv. I think that shows how much the SLC has worked with us and is excited about us being here. I believe it could have been just as easy to keep us off tv this one season since we are a probationary member of 1-AA football and not playing a full conference schedule, but SLC included us anyway! I am loving this move!

BEAR
August 14th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I second that Bearfan101! The Southland has treated UCA like family! At least that is how I have seen it.
1. A couple of Southland football teams have included us on their schedule.
2. They openly and enthusiasticly welcomed us when we applied and continued their good words since that time.:nod:
3. The Southland fans on this board have invited me and other Bear fans to tailgate parties before road games! :thumbsup:
4. Heck, even fans from other conferences have said kind words about UCA even though they know it will be a tough year for a team that still is essentially a "D2" squad.
5. We have one game on TV. Road trips are expensive and the Southlands choice to put us on tv as a kind gesture or as a way of showing Arkansas that they have a great team in Conway is much appreciated.
Overall, the Southland appears to be a great conference to be a member. Now UCA has to show that it is worthy to play in it year after year. ( I predict in a couple UCA will be competitive)

BF101- the thorn from the D2 board? Who was that? What was his/her screen name? I visited the UCAfans.com board and saw the same old arguing that was on there back then. (I bet it was a hoggie or an Indian fan in my opinion) Anyway, I do visit the site to read all the info. You have a great site, keep up the good work!

Retro
August 14th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Now if we could just get COX sports to get off their arrogant ass and get themselves on Satellite.

Frosty The Snowbuff
August 14th, 2006, 02:23 PM
No Northwestern State vs McNeese????

Oh well....looks like I'll be sneaking my Camcorder in....:D

slycat
August 14th, 2006, 04:15 PM
nice to see the txstate-mcneese st game on tv. i really wanted to see this one and dont think i can make it to lake charles.

im suprised the sam-sfa game isnt on tv.

the sam-ut game could be embarrassing to have on tv. hopefully sam plays a good game.

McTailGator
August 14th, 2006, 04:21 PM
nice to see the txstate-mcneese st game on tv. i really wanted to see this one and dont think i can make it to lake charles.

the sam-ut game could be embarrassing to have on tv. hopefully sam plays a good game.

That one supprised me too because they are going to carry it live at Prime Time 7:PM on Saturday night (the way GOD wanted football to be played).

I think they have given up asking McNeese to move our home game times and dates for TV... They already knew our answer.

We play at 7:PM in the Hole on Saturday Night. You want to show it. Be on time. :thumbsup:

JohnStOnge
August 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I'm really pleased that McNeese vs. South Florida is on there and I'm also looking forward to seeing Central Arkansas. I just wish they didn't have to go through all the NCAA nonsense before they can be full fledged I-AA members. It's SO stupid. Then again...it's the NCAA.

GeauxLions94
August 14th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I'm disappointed we're only on TV once while the other schools are on two and three times but I guess once is better than none.

Yeah, you're right. It does bite that we're only on once. Thought we could have gotten the McNeese State game (the last three games against the Pokes were on the tube) or even Northwestern State.

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I'm really really pumped we are on tv. I think that shows how much the SLC has worked with us and is excited about us being here. I believe it could have been just as easy to keep us off tv this one season since we are a probationary member of 1-AA football and not playing a full conference schedule, but SLC included us anyway! I am loving this move!

The SLC would be ridiculous not to have UCA on the schedule.

As I said on KatFans.com...

The question should be..."why not?"

While the UCA game will count as a Div II game, UCA is the newest member of the SLC and only plays two games against SLC foes. One is SHSU, the other SFA. SHSU outdraws SFA.

It is a great way to expose the Arkansas market to SLC football and the SLC in general this year by having this game televised, to help build an audience for future years. The SLC doesn't want a UCA game on TV that won't be against a non-SLC foe.

UCA was bound to have a game on TV against either us or SFA. We should be happy that it's us and it will be in Huntsville. A Thursday night game will definitely help attendance amongst the students, especially if it's televised.

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2006, 09:39 PM

Seems to happen more so than not when the game is in Nacogdoches. With SFA being blown out last year, it doesn't help. It's a great rivalry game, the highest rated SLC game in the history of the conference being televised, so it's a darn shame it's not on. Again, seems more often than not, it's got something to do with the folks in purple (especially when they've scheduled it as a homecoming game as they have in the past!)...

It's just on PPV if you read it correctly. All UT games are on PPV if they are not part of the Big XII television package through the FoxSW PPV company...

blackfordpu
August 14th, 2006, 11:53 PM
SHSU got three televised games! One is PPV but I'll still buy it (the mrs. will be too pregnant to go and be around the roudy Austin crowd).

Can't wait to see how the boys represent!:nod:

slycat
August 15th, 2006, 12:01 AM
It's just on PPV if you read it correctly. All UT games are on PPV if they are not part of the Big XII television package through the FoxSW PPV company...

lucky for yall

blackfordpu
August 15th, 2006, 12:06 AM

If we win just give us the title!:nod:

slycat
August 15th, 2006, 12:08 AM
If we win just give us the title!:nod:

if yall won i dont think i could ever give sam smack again.

Bearkatpresident
August 15th, 2006, 12:35 AM
I was actaully disappointed to see it only on PPV. I was hoping to get to at least watch it on TV. Maybe something can be worked out at the campus...