PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga 24 Elon 17

utcfan
November 17th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Mocs escape with a win 24-17. 6-5/5-3/4th in SoCon, 2013 is the time to take the next step.

Good Luck SoCon Brethren in the Playoffs. Go SoCon.

SpeedkingATL
November 17th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Nice 2nd half of the season for the Mocs. They will be one of many SoCon teams returning a lot of key players next year and making a run for the playoffs and SoCon title.

theasushow
November 17th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Good season...they just can't seem to quite get over the hump.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2012, 04:30 PM
The Huesman to Robinson duo looked good today. 124 yards and 2 tds receiving for t-rob. 2.5 more sacks for Davis Tull to set the soon single season record. Should win the soon defensive player of the year award easily.

chattanoogamocs
November 17th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Good season...they just can't seem to quite get over the hump.

ASU was really the only bad game they played in the SoCon season. GSU and Wofford losses came down to OT and they beat 5 through 9 in the conference.

The record might not be want Moc fans hoped for...but incremental improvement was there this year. The only difference between the Mocs and the better programs right now is the better programs expect to win, UTC doesn't quite have that kind of confidence level yet.

On a side note: Jacob Huesman had a great finish to his freshman year...

234 passing with 2 TDs
109 yard rushing (net) with a TD

I am not sure what his final stats are, but he did go over 1,500 yards passing and had close to 900 rushing. Not bad for freshman who only got the job because he was daddy's boy ;)

whoanellie
November 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
congrats on the Win today Chatt: Elon's Aaron Mellette closes out a stellar career 9 receptions 188 yds 1 TD long 57yds.
I for one wish We as a school Elon, would care more about W's wins than Stats. they are only worthy when there is a win.
We wish him well in the NFL

chattanoogamocs
November 17th, 2012, 05:06 PM
congrats on the Win today Chatt: Elon's Aaron Mellette closes out a stellar career 9 receptions 188 yds 1 TD long 57yds.
I for one wish We as a school Elon, would care more about W's wins than Stats. they are only worthy when there is a win.
We wish him well in the NFL

And let it be known that while many fans on mocfans.com predicted a blowout, I said it would be a close one...

I think it could be closer than many are thinking (though obviously, I would love to be proven wrong)...the Mocs have a great run D, but have given up some passing yardage...and the Mocs are going up against the best receiver in the conference.

Mocs 28, Elon 21