PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern takes SoCon automatic bid

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 17th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Thank you El Cid.

Don't know if it will really matter as far as playoffs but at least we win the tiebreaker.

gasoutherneagle
November 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM
TOUCHDOWN CITADEL!!!

ElCid
November 17th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Yup. I was way surprised at how well we did. The Dogs were up for it. When we turned it over on the first play I thought, oh crap it will be a long day. When we scored on the each of the next two offensive plays we had, I knew it would be a great game. Turn overs, returns, fake punt, a passing TD, sacks. It was a fun game to watch and glad we thumped Furman at their house. First time in a while.

Now, don't blow it in the playoffs chicken hawks and mountain boys. Not sure the mutts will be in, but maybe. I still think if the other Bulldogs win tonight, they get first dibs. Go SOCON!

SpeedkingATL
November 17th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Yup. I was way surprised at how well we did. The Dogs were up for it. When we turned it over on the first play I thought, oh crap it will be a long day. When we scored on the each of the next two offensive plays we had, I knew it would be a great game. Turn overs, returns, fake punt, a passing TD, sacks. It was a fun game to watch and glad we thumped Furman at their house. First time in a while.

Now, don't blow it in the playoffs chicken hawks and mountain boys. Not sure the mutts will be in, but maybe. I still think if the other Bulldogs win tonight, they get first dibs. Go SOCON!

Nice season Citdogs! Well played.

OL FU
November 17th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Good Season and nice game to the Bull Dogs.

We suck in the second half

frozennorth
November 17th, 2012, 04:18 PM
if enough formerly sure thing teams manage to lose, GSU might just eek out the 4 or 5 seed, which i never would have expected this morning.

gasoutherneagle
November 17th, 2012, 04:23 PM
xflaggedx Fifteen yards. Excessive Douchebagginess... repeat 1st down.

Edge316007
November 17th, 2012, 04:38 PM
if enough formerly sure thing teams manage to lose, GSU might just eek out the 4 or 5 seed, which i never would have expected this morning.

After losing 2 of their last 3? Doubt it.

Also the SoCon has some of the dumbest "tiebreaking" rules I've ever seen. Break the tie for #1 but not #4 which is used in the tiebreaker for #1? Makes perfect sense. /sarcasm

I just hope App and GSU are on opposite sides of the bracket. Not that I'm afraid, I just don't want a rematch early.

whoanellie
November 17th, 2012, 04:43 PM
App needs an away game so they can fill someones visiting stands

eaglewraith
November 17th, 2012, 05:09 PM
After losing 2 of their last 3? Doubt it.

Also the SoCon has some of the dumbest "tiebreaking" rules I've ever seen. Break the tie for #1 but not #4 which is used in the tiebreaker for #1? Makes perfect sense. /sarcasm

I just hope App and GSU are on opposite sides of the bracket. Not that I'm afraid, I just don't want a rematch early.

I see you continued the hate in this thread.