PDA

View Full Version : Who did you throw under the bus trying to make a playoff bracket?

ITmonarch10
November 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I can't believe how many teams are going to be left out the playoffs this year.

First Round
Second Round

North Dakota St

E. Illinois

Colgate

Central Arkansas

Illinois St

New Hampshire

South Dakota St.

E. Washington

Wofford

Coastal Carolina

Old Dominion

Stony Brook

Wagner

Appalachian St.

Villanova

Georgia Southern

Sam Houston St

Montana St.

Cal Poly

Bethune-Cookman

Sorry Richmond, Indiana State, NAU, Lehigh, Tenn-Martin, and EKY. Wofford and Sam Houston, if you guys hadn't of made the playoffs last year you wouldn't be in my bracket.

From My Other Thread

OVC My best guess is that the field is so flooded that your lack of playoff victories as of late may make people doubt your conference is as good as what the polls or computers say.
Lehigh (10-1) You lost the one conference game that truly mattered. Your computer rankings are like 10 spots below the next playoff contender.
Richmond (8-3) You have a slim chance to win the autobid and have one of the weakest SOS in the CAA. JMU loses to ODU your best win suddenly doesn't look so great. Combine with your low poll rankings, I couldn't justify you in over Nova.
Indiana State (8-3) Blame your AD for giving you a FBS and a Div 2 game on your schedule. You will probably end up ranked higher than SDSU and have more conference victories than Illinois State ;however, the committee will use your 7 Div wins against you despite knocking off #1 NDSU.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 16th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Richmond beat Nova and JMU... they're in first, IMO.

FargoBison
November 16th, 2012, 12:01 PM
My Bracket....

Autos
Big Sky: Montana State
Big South: CCU
Colonial: UNH
Mid-Eastern: Bethune-Cookman
Missouri Valley: NDSU
Northeast: Wagner
Ohio Valley: Eastern Illinois
Patriot: Colgate
Southern: Appalachian State
Southland: Central Arkansas

At-Large:
ODU
EWU
GSU
SHSU
NAU
SDSU
ISUR
Villanova
Richmond
Wofford
Last Team In: Wofford
First Five Out: Lehigh, SBU ISUB, EKU, Cal Poly

Wagner @ Colgate vs #1 NDSU
ISUR @ UCA

Wofford @ CCU vs #4 App State
Villanova @ #5 EWU

EIU @ SDSU vs #2 Montana State
NAU @ SHSU

Richmond @ Bethune-Cookman vs #3 ODU
UNH @ GSU

Lehigh: Bubble is too strong and their resume is too weak
SBU: Shouldn't have played Pace, needed another strong FCS game to bolster resume.
ISUB: Shouldn't have played Quincy, eight DI wins and they'd be in.
EKU: Bubble is too strong for a second OVC team
CP: Losses in three of their last four games and no quality wins outside of Wyoming.

WrenFGun
November 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
My Bracket....

Autos
Big Sky: Montana State
Big South: CCU
Colonial: UNH
Mid-Eastern: Bethune-Cookman
Missouri Valley: NDSU
Northeast: Wagner
Ohio Valley: Eastern Illinois
Patriot: Colgate
Southern: Appalachian State
Southland: Central Arkansas

At-Large:
ODU
EWU
GSU
SHSU
NAU
SDSU
ISUR
Villanova
Richmond
Wofford
Last Team In: Wofford
First Five Out: Lehigh, SBU ISUB, EKU, Cal Poly

I think this paints a pretty accurate picture if the favorites simply win. I think what throws a wrench in is if JMU knocks ODU off. That's really the only one that gives me some pause. JMU would have to be in over Wofford, I'd think. I think Lehigh gets in if JMU and one of Richmond or 'Nova lose, while EKU gets in if both lose, or if Lehigh falls to Lafayette. I don't see any way at this time that the NAU/CP loser, ISU-b or SBU (just 8-2 v DI comp.) get in.

FargoBison
November 16th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah those teams(SBU, ISUB and the loser of NAU/CP) probably need five or six games to swing their way to get in.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I don't have either JMU or Villanova in.

I got UNH as a seed, Richmond playing in the opening round and ODU* with a seed.

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Here' mine.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/BisonBacker2012AGSPlayoffProjectionf.jpg

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I should preface that I think this is what will happen not what SHOULD happen.

Sam_Kats
November 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Backer - I'd like to see YOUR bracket. Doubt I do, but it would be nice.

1. I'll take our run D against Stony Brook's offense @ Bowers...again.
2. Having App St to Huntsville would be big - name recognition.
3. I'd like to see if UCA could put a scare into your Bison.
4. We WERE the Montana State Champs last year so a trip to Bozeman would be fun to watch

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Backer - I'd like to see YOUR bracket. Doubt I do, but it would be nice.

1. I'll take our run D against Stony Brook's offense @ Bowers...again.
2. Having App St to Huntsville would be big - name recognition.
3. I'd like to see if UCA could put a scare into your Bison.
I posted it. Forget it I see what you are saying.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Villanova, Northern Arizona, Stony Brook, Lehigh, Tennessee St, and Eastern Kentucky were all teams that were close to getting in my bracket but came up just a bit short.

kdinva
November 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM
looks OK.......but no way Coastal Carolina loses to Chuck South.........place CCU in, remove Lehigh, 'Nova, or CalPoly......

Here' mine.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/BisonBacker2012AGSPlayoffProjectionf.jpg

HailSzczur
November 16th, 2012, 01:18 PM
There will be at least 1 CAA team thrown under the bus for sure.

UNH Fanboi
November 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
There will be at least 1 CAA team thrown under the bus for sure.

If UNH and ODU win, I don't think any 8-3 team will get screwed. If Nova loses, it's an even easier decision. If Towson and JMU win, I have no idea what the committee will do. I'm going to be nervous for UNH if they lose.

HailSzczur
November 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM
If UNH and ODU win, I don't think any 8-3 team will get screwed. If Nova loses, it's an even easier decision. If Towson and JMU win, I have no idea what the committee will do. I'm going to be nervous for UNH if they lose.

Part of me wants Towson to knock off UNH so Nova has a chance at the auto bid. Common sense tells me to root for UNH, just for the sake of taking another team off the bubble in Towson. Same goes for ODU/JMU. If all games go as expected with higher ranking team winning I will feel pretty good with our place.

bluehenbillk
November 16th, 2012, 01:30 PM
My teams that just don't make it are: Cal Poly, Villanova, Indiana St, Tennessee St, Eastern Kentucky & Wofford

HailSzczur
November 16th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Just out of curiousity, for those leaving Nova out of their brackets, is it because of a crowded 8-3 field or because you think we are going to lose tomorrow and drop to 7-4?

Screamin_Eagle174
November 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/92076721113292163869.png

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Just out of curiousity, for those leaving Nova out of their brackets, is it because of a crowded 8-3 field or because you think we are going to lose tomorrow and drop to 7-4?

I think it's going to be a very "PC" bracket, no conference will have more than 3 teams.

bluehenbillk
November 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM

7-4, they're going down

Screamin_Eagle174
November 16th, 2012, 01:42 PM

Crowded field and you lost to Richmond. Richmond gets the nod.

HailSzczur
November 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM
7-4, they're going down

I figured you would say that xlolx

ITmonarch10
November 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I'm expecting UNH and ODU to win. So Richmond or Nova is going to be left behind in a stacked field.

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2012, 01:51 PM
looks OK.......but no way Coastal Carolina loses to Chuck South.........place CCU in, remove Lehigh, 'Nova, or CalPoly......

What I think Should happen is CCU should be there and Lehigh shouldn't be. I just think Lehigh gets a pass based on W-L and nothing else.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 02:02 PM
What I think Should happen is CCU should be there and Lehigh shouldn't be. I just think Lehigh gets a pass based on W-L and nothing else.

CCU beats Chuck South then it doesn't matter, they are in and that puts pressure on Lehigh being out. CCU is very likely the AQ for the Big South they can not be out. Lehigh can't get a pass over that unless I'm not understanding your post?

WileECoyote06
November 16th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I think it's going to be a very "PC" bracket, no conference will have more than 3 teams.

I agree.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Your boys can still beat Liberty to spoil CCU's party. Then even if CCU wins SBU gets the tie breaker. Personally, I'm a big fan of VMI this weekend because I want SBU to get the Big South autobid so a better team can pick up that spot vacated by Liberty/CCU.

frozennorth
November 16th, 2012, 04:53 PM
First Round Second Round
1 NDSU
Richmond
Colgate

Cal Poly
UCA

5 EWU
SDSU

4 UNH
Lehigh
Wagner

3ODU
CCSU
BCU

App
SHSU

GSU
Stony Brook

2 MSU
Ill St
EIU

last in SBU and LEHIGH
for out IND st and WOFFORD

kalm
November 17th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Even if Cal Poly loses, it would be amazing if they get left out. 8-3 from a power conference with no DII's, an FBS win, 3 quality losses to top 5 EWU, top 25 NAU, and top 25 bubble team Sac St.

I can see how it would happen but it would still be amazing.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Even if Cal Poly loses, it would be amazing if they get left out. 8-3 from a power conference with no DII's, an FBS win, 3 quality losses to top 5 EWU, top 25 NAU, and top 25 bubble team Sac St.

It would be tough for Cal Poly to be left out even at 8-3. I think it may get held against them that they lost to another bubble team their last game (although NAU would certainly be in with a win) as it'll give people a fresh excuse to say they "played themselves out" versus a team like Illinois St or Wofford who may lose a game most would expect them to lose today. Personally I'm hoping for a Cal Poly win because it'll be less competition for MVFC conference mates to have NAU on the bubble with them instead of Cal Poly.

ITmonarch10
November 17th, 2012, 11:55 AM

True, but it would me though Cal poly didn't beat anyone worth a dam. Even OVC teams would have a more impressive resume overall than Cal Poly.

MTfan4life
November 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
True, but it would me though Cal poly didn't beat anyone worth a dam. Even OVC teams would have a more impressive resume overall than Cal Poly.

On the road in front of 21,000 in Wyoming is a pretty decent win, especially considering the now 8-3 Toledo had just beaten Wyoming by the same amount the previous week.

ITmonarch10
November 17th, 2012, 01:16 PM
On the road in front of 21,000 in Wyoming is a pretty decent win, especially considering the now 8-3 Toledo had just beaten Wyoming by the same amount the previous week.
and thats it.

Tenn-Martin beat Memphis and conference champion/top 25 Eastern Illinois or EKU over Cal Poly. Their are plenty of other teams that stepped up multiple times this year against ranked teams.
Outside Wyoming,they basically would only have wins over the bottom half of their conference.

North Dakota (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/155/north-dakota-)
3-4
5-5

Northern Colorado (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2458/northern-colorado-bears)
3-4
4-6

Portland State (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2502/portland-state-vikings)
2-5
3-7

UC Davis (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/302/uc-davis-aggies)
2-5
3-7

Weber State (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2692/weber-state-wildcats)
1-6
1-9

Idaho State (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/304/idaho-state-bengals)
0-7
1-9