PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs MSU

KATS_21
November 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM
What is the record of this game for the home team? Missoula is a trip that I want to make one day and Im curious to know how their homefield advantage holds up againt a rival. Does anyone have the rivalry stats?

asumike83
November 16th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Montana leads the all-time series 70-36-5. Not sure what the home record is, but I'd imagine it is fairly one-sided.

Griz 37
Cats 30

uofmman1122
November 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM
MSU has only won twice in 13 tries at Washington Griz.

Sam_Kats
November 16th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Should be interesting.

GATA_Eagles
November 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM
A .500 Montana team vs the #2 team in the FCS.

I'll give the slight to Montana

Sam_Kats
November 16th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Will anyone be drinking in Montana this weekend??

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 16th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Will anyone be drinking in Montana this weekend??

I would be surprised if anyone will be drinking at all. Nobody wants to be super drunk at scream at their tv or anything... The last two games have gone to the away team so it's completely possible, and the griz haven't played that well at home this year with two losses there already. I'm sure Montana has quite a few more wins at home just because they lead the series by so much.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana%E2%80%93Montana_State_football_rivalry#Gam e_results There's a list of all the games so you can look and figure it out if you want to.

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 16th, 2012, 10:57 AM
According to the link (http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2012-11-15/nc-central-playing-bears) in the thread (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?123889-NCCU-Eastern-Illinois-App-State-Northwestern-State-etc-featured-in-NCAA-news) started by Wile E. Coyote, Montana needs a win to secure their 27th straight winning season. We (ASU) are currently 2nd with 19 straight winning seasons. That, at least, gives some of us a following interest in the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2012, 10:59 AM
The weather looks good for the game. Had it been last week the temps would be in the single digits.

Hopefully the Cats can go up there and scrape out a win. It won't be easy but they seem to be peaking at the right time.

I'm passing up LU-LC to attend next years game in Bozeman. I need one Brawl while I'm in MT.

robsnotes4u
November 16th, 2012, 11:14 AM
We traveled from Fargo last year to the Cat/Griz game in Bozeman and it was the best tailgating experience. My wife is a Griz and I am a Cat, even though I attended UND. Great stadium, great fans, and a lot of drinking. Make sure you visit the Miles City Tailgating Tent right by the main entrance. The collect donations that are given to the MSU band so the band always comes and plays a little. Dress warm, and don't forget your boda bag filled with your preferred beverage.

Interesting fact, once the game was over, we were all Montanans, fans of the game partying together late in the night.

344Johnson
November 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I would be awfully nervous if I was a Cats fan. Rivalry games tend to throw some wicked curveballs at the team with something to play for.

That said, Cats win I think.

Grizalltheway
November 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
We traveled from Fargo last year to the Cat/Griz game in Bozeman and it was the best tailgating experience. My wife is a Griz and I am a Cat, even though I attended UND. Great stadium, great fans, and a lot of drinking. Make sure you visit the Miles City Tailgating Tent right by the main entrance. The collect donations that are given to the MSU band so the band always comes and plays a little. Dress warm, and don't forget your boda bag filled with your preferred beverage.

Interesting fact, once the game was over, we were all Montanans, fans of the game partying together late in the night.

Same deal in Missoula in '10. Ran into some high school classmates who were Cat fans, and we had a great time drinking and reminiscing downtown the night after the game.xnodx

MTfan4life
November 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM
What is the record of this game for the home team? Missoula is a trip that I want to make one day and Im curious to know how their homefield advantage holds up againt a rival. Does anyone have the rivalry stats?

I went through the Montana 2012 Media Guide and came up with these results:

When Montana State travels to Missoula, they are 15-30-1
When Montana travels to Bozeman, they are 22-18-3
When the two played each other in Butte from 1926-1951, Montana's record was 18-3-1.

From 1897-1908 Montana State was 7-4-1
From 1909-1955 Montana was 36-3-4.
From 1956-1985 Montana State was 22-8.
From 1986-2001 Montana was 16-0
From 2002-present Montana is 6-4

asumike83
November 16th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I've become a bit of a Griz fan since interacting with all of their fans in Boone this year. They are my adopted West Coast team (except on August 31, 2013) and I will be watching and rooting for the home team on Saturday!

344Johnson
November 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM

When the two played each other in Butte from 1926-1951, Montana's record was 18-3-1.

http://www.cuantocabron.com/images/templates/mother-of-god-template.jpg

Grizalltheway
November 16th, 2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.cuantocabron.com/images/templates/mother-of-god-template.jpg

And now you see why little brother is so bitter. xnodxxnodx

robsnotes4u
November 16th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I've become a bit of a Griz fan since interacting with all of their fans in Boone this year. They are my adopted West Coast team (except on August 31, 2013) and I will be watching and rooting for the home team on Saturday!

Have to agree with you, I married one. I know when my wife went to the Championship a couple of years ago in Chattanooga she mentioned the town was excited when the Griz came. Great fans, and a huge following.

I would say by watching you guys in the past, the same can be said. Amazing stadium and backdrop there.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Back at ya Mike....App St and NDSU are the only other teams I root for in the FCS

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Nickels
November 16th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Back at ya Mike....App St and NDSU are the only other teams I root for in the FCS

2 dying dynasties, the perfect couple. (referring to App and Griz)

KATS_21
November 16th, 2012, 08:36 PM

Come on Alpha, you know you pull for the Kats.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 08:51 PM

Then again, better to be a has been than a never was huh?

asumike83
November 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM

xlolx

Coming from the runner-up in the Southland whose dynasty is one runner-up finish in the playoffs.

FargoBison
November 16th, 2012, 09:32 PM
xlolx

Coming from the runner-up in the Southland whose dynasty is one runner-up finish in the playoffs.

Yep and they are sure proud of being the runner-up....

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1521&d=1327683866

CopperCat
November 16th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Looks like nobody wants MSU to win this game. Mostly because of seeding.

All the more reason to win.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 16th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Looks like nobody wants MSU to win this game.

All the more reason to win.

Looks like MSU is treating this game as their Superbowl. All the more reason they'll choke, just like every year. xnodx

robsnotes4u
November 16th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Come on Alpha, you know you pull for the Kats.

You need to understand Griz fans can't spell well, so the word Kats and Cats are the same, kinda sends chills up their spine

BisonRoll
November 16th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I am hoping for a MSU win, be pretty cool IF NDSU and MSU could meet in Frisco! but both teams need to win alot games in the next 6 weeks!

robsnotes4u
November 17th, 2012, 12:10 AM
I am hoping for a MSU win, be pretty cool IF NDSU and MSU could meet in Frisco! but both teams need to win alot games in the next 6 weeks!

I would love that. MSU fan living in Fargo, would be one hell of a party

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 17th, 2012, 12:40 AM
You need to understand Griz fans can't spell well, so the word Kats and Cats are the same, kinda sends chills up their spine

Both PUSSIES and not worth the time to spell it right.......................

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2012, 01:05 AM
We don't get Kats confused with Cats? One of em' can beat us once in a while so we know who they are.

CopperCat
November 17th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Looks like MSU is treating this game as their Superbowl. All the more reason they'll choke, just like every year. xnodx

Well, the Cats won the Super Bowl. Oh but wait!? There's more football to be played? Sorry to disappoint all the haters........

Nice game down in Portland.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Great job Bobcats!! It wasn't easy, but then again it wasn't suppose to be!

Walkon79
November 17th, 2012, 10:45 PM

Ha Ha! Bring it Eastern! Love to see you again this year! PSU? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robsnotes4u
November 17th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Ha Ha! Bring it Eastern! Love to see you again this year! PSU? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the life of me I do not understand how they think they should be seeded higher than the Bobcats. They barely got by a team that MSU crushed just last week.

CopperCat
November 18th, 2012, 01:18 AM
For the life of me I do not understand how they think they should be seeded higher than the Bobcats. They barely got by a team that MSU crushed just last week.

They won't be seeded higher than the cats, because they haven't played very well down the stretch. And they also lost to an unranked team, which everyone thus far has failed to acknowledge.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2012, 01:19 AM
EWU deserves to seeded higher/over MSU but once they play the games the Bobcats will prove their merit.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 18th, 2012, 01:22 AM
They won't be seeded higher than the cats, because they haven't played very well down the stretch. And they also lost to an unranked team, which everyone thus far has failed to acknowledge.

Exactly like the 2010 Bobcats... which Bobcat fans fail to acknowledge. The head to head, FBS win, and much stronger schedule trumps it. Not to mention MSU hasn't beaten a single ranked team.... xwhistlex

CopperCat
November 18th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Idaho is not an FBS team. Northern Colorado would trounce them.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2012, 01:35 AM

I can't see a win over Idaho carrying much weight either. Their win in Bozeman is what matters imo. That's one of the top 3 or 4 meaningful road wins this season in FCS.

MSU still has the highest ceiling in the BSC imo.

I like the way NDSU, SHSU, MSU and UCA are playing right now.

CopperCat
November 18th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Exactly like the 2010 Bobcats... which Bobcat fans fail to acknowledge. The head to head, FBS win, and much stronger schedule trumps it. Not to mention MSU hasn't beaten a single ranked team.... xwhistlex

The 2010 cats played like crap down the stretch. Happy now?

And for the record, it is 2012.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 18th, 2012, 01:36 AM

They're not playing like one, but they do indeed have 22 more scholarships. No, UNC wouldn't trounce them, but they would certainly give them a game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2012, 01:41 AM
EWU's win over Idaho will mean as much as SBU's win over Army. Temple played at West Point today and hung 60 on the Cadets. I'm not sure we've ever scored 60 points in our schools history. We stink too this year....

AaronRodgersJewBeard
November 18th, 2012, 02:14 AM
EWU's win over Idaho will mean as much as SBU's win over Army. Temple played at West Point today and hung 60 on the Cadets. I'm not sure we've ever scored 60 points in our schools history. We stink too this year....

This is super random and irrelevant, but what are your thoughts on Al Golden?

Screamin_Eagle174
November 18th, 2012, 12:39 PM

In your face!

CopperCat
November 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM
In your face!

Ohhhhh you got me good. Real good.

See you in the semis.

Catbooster
November 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM

Not that it changes the fact that the Griz have a huge lead in the series, but prior to 1956 they were DI, essentially in the conference that was the precursor to the Pac-12, and MSU was in a lower division, essentially NAIA. So since we've been at the same level, it's fairly even.

The away team has won the last 4 games.