PDA

View Full Version : Camps areopen- "Early Season Game of the Year".

GrizRchattybound
August 13th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Forget the old rivalry thing (if you can), regional or state battles, or games with roots dating pre-Civil War era, etc. etc.

Who do you feel is the one game that can be called:

THE I-AA/CS Game of the year?

Please limit it to your one nominee, and your runner up choice for game of the year if you like.

Please consider it's impact on the teams involved and the over-all impact on the I-AA/CS landscape.

I'll Start:

Cal Poly@ Montana.

Hands down, these two will be Top-5 teams slugging it out in November 5, in Montana!

I can talk about this for an hour why it has the farthest reaching implications on the I-AA/CS landscape....Bottom line..it's the Game of the year in the West and besideshow many other Top 5 Match-ups will we see this year? Especially in November???

My Runner-up Game.

UNH - UMASS

Also same weekend as Montana/CP-SLO
a Huge A-10 game, the whole regional thing, and also possible top-5 matchup. All kinds of things going for it to be tabbed Gane of the year.

have at it......and play nice! There is no right or wrong.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

TexasTerror
August 13th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Since you want to avoid regional matchups, I'm going with two OOC games that stick out...

Like you, I love that November 4th matchup between Cal Poly and Montana at Wash-Griz. There's already a little bit of a rivalry brewing there and this will be another game that features top 10 (or possibly top 5, as you suggested) opponents with major playoff implications (seeding could very well be on the line here). That's GOTY material.

Runner-up...

10/7 North Dakota State @ Georgia Southern

I feel this is as good a non-conference matchup (along with Cal Poly-Montana) on the schedule this year. Georgia Southern and North Dakota St will both be top 25 and this will be a major win for both the GWFC and the Bison with a win here...

Saint3333
August 13th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I believe that has already been decided:

JMU @ ASU Sept. 9th :nod:

GrizRchattybound
August 13th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I believe that has already been decided:

JMU @ ASU Sept. 9th :nod:

This was typed and erased 3 times by me before i finally chose the UNH/UMASS game.

I believe these are the 3 games of the Year (at least looking into the season and "What the season should bring".

No Dissrespect inteded...that will be a great game.

ButlerGSU
August 13th, 2006, 06:19 PM
10/7 North Dakota State @ Georgia Southern

Hopefully we'll have some of the kinks worked out by then and give them a good game.

GrizRchattybound
August 13th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Since you want to avoid regional matchups, I'm going with two OOC games that stick out...

To be clear...I just don't want to see people (Like Griz fans might do...myself included) to say "My Team's game of the year.....is "The Griz-Cat game" It can be any game you want....I just wanted to avoid "Our rivalry is bigger than your rivaly"

I want to know what people believe is the I-AA Game of the year and their thoughts why:

Criteria could be:

Impact on the Playoff Picture
Impact on Seeding
an Upset in the making that could knock a team out of a playoff/at large selection.
Top Ranked Match-ups

any other thoughts??????

grizband
August 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM
One game not many people are talking about is North Dakota State vs Mississippi Valley State. This is a matchup many fans have asked for, a SWAC team to play a good I-AA team outside of the HBCUs. I for one am excited , and hope it is a good game.

ngineer
August 13th, 2006, 08:04 PM
The Lehigh-Lafayette game this year, beyond the usual 'rivalry' talk, will likely have ripple effects across CS Nation. Quite possible both teams are undefeated in league play, also just as possible the outcome creates three-way tie at the top, or some other permutation. The result could not only decide the AQ, but the At-Large issue, too, which will certainly effect someone else on the bubble. The Lafayette/Colgate and Lehigh/Colgate scenarios will be played out in late October and early November. If Colgate is able to dodge both bullets, then the L-L game would likely impact the bubble teams. That fact that it will be 'only' the 142nd Game is a side issue....:smiley_wi

UNH 40
August 14th, 2006, 08:29 AM
JMU at UNH is going to be a hell of a football game. This could be a game that determines the champion in the A-10.

Down with the Foe!
August 14th, 2006, 11:50 AM
WOW- so many great games this season the more you look into this subject.

Makes me ask myself

"Self....Why in the *#!@*&^$^% doesn't some Satellite provider have an all CS/I-AA game package?"

:thumbsup:

I'd buy it!

PaladinFan
August 14th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I know you didn't want conference match ups, but looking at the preseason polls and the position of the game in the schedule the Furman/Appalachian State game may have profound impact on seeding, conference championship, and homefield advantage. Both begin the season ranked in the top 5.