PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 1:30 it will all be answered

LuckyKat
November 16th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Dont worry Boys it will all be over soon

and I think the NCAA may be giving you guys a bit of a heads up with the add :D

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3246/fcsbracket.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/fcsbracket.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

ITmonarch10
November 16th, 2012, 08:17 AM

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3246/fcsbracket.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/fcsbracket.jpg/)

Searching for the Silver Lining...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2012, 08:20 AM
You think they'd at least feature a seeded team.

Might as well have put Lehigh on there.

TheRevSFA
November 16th, 2012, 08:21 AM
They put Sam on there to get people in Texas to buy tickets...

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2012, 08:22 AM
You think they'd at least feature a seeded team.

Might as well have put Lehigh on there.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxnodxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxnodxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

CHIP72
November 16th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Hopefully both Lehigh and Villanova get in if they win on Saturday, though I personally don't think Lehigh is one of the top 20 I-AA teams (or whatever number of teams it is excluding the automatic qualifiers who aren't among the best 20 teams) even if the Mountain Hawks finish 10-1. I DO think Villanova deserves an invite if they beat Delaware and wouldn't be too happy if they get excluded if they finish 8-3.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2012, 09:03 AM
More subliminal messages from the NCAA! http://www.ncaa.com/championships/football/fcs#!championship_br_home

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5492/previewbi.png

I guess the rest of the playoff teams might as well go home, its going to be a rematch in Frisco...

Twentysix
November 16th, 2012, 12:50 PM

Buy what tickets? It sold out months ago when NDSU was 5-0 or something.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2012, 12:56 PM

The website is indicating that there will be more seats available after December 14th.

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2012, 12:57 PM

The ones that will be on stubhub half way through the playoffs....

kdinva
November 17th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I think Indiana state's loss today keeps them home, keeps hopes alive for Stony Brook and/or Lehigh........Towson should be in......same for Richmond.....and Wofford.....big sky gets three.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I think Indiana state's loss today keeps them home, keeps hopes alive for Stony Brook and/or Lehigh........Towson should be in......same for Richmond.....and Wofford.....big sky gets three.

Today's win may have allowed YSU to replace ISUb. Maybe not but let's just say it wouldn't surprise me, especially with the way Pitt's been playing.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Today's win may have allowed YSU to replace ISUb. Maybe not but let's just say it wouldn't surprise me, especially with the way Pitt's been playing.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolx

And now back to reality

World
November 17th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Curious, when was the last time that a 10 win team from an AQ League not make the playoffs?

sgt smash
November 17th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Curious, when was the last time that a 10 win team from an AQ League not make the playoffs?if it was 2013 i would say Lehigh 2012.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Lehigh fans, you best start cheering hard for ODU. I don't think YSU is the team you need to be worrying about.

I would love to see YSU in but it just isn't going to happen. Bubble is way too good.

danefan
November 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Curious, when was the last time that a 10 win team from an AQ League not make the playoffs?

Never.

When was the last time there was this many 7 and 8 win team from the top 4 conferences?

Never

Just sit back and enjoy whatever happens. Lehigh had a good year no matter what happens tomorrow. They blew it in the game that really matted but it was still a good year.

danefan
November 17th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Lehigh fans, you best start cheering hard for ODU. I don't think YSU is the team you need to be worrying about.

I would love to see YSU in but it just isn't going to happen. Bubble is way too good.

+1

EKUSteve
November 17th, 2012, 06:47 PM
The two ISU's losing in the MVFC and UTM beating Tenn State may have just snuck EKU into the playoffs. Way too many 8 - 3 teams to determine who will get it. Can someone get the FCS Wheel of Fortune out?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2012, 06:48 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolx

And now back to reality

A visual representation:

YSU's Schedule:

http://www.sausagemaker.com/ProductImages/61210.jpg

Lehigh's Schedule:

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP01217400/cupcake-wars-20.jpg

FargoBison
November 17th, 2012, 06:48 PM
The two ISU's losing in the MVFC and UTM beating Tenn State may have just snuck EKU into the playoffs. Way too many 8 - 3 teams to determine who will get it. Can someone get the FCS Wheel of Fortunr out?

Dude, ISUR is in. MVFC is getting three this year. They have an FBS win and a win over the OVC auto.

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Honestly, if Lehigh doesn't get selected I think they'll be fine. Their season success is not defined by making the playoffs.

Bam
November 17th, 2012, 06:50 PM
If ODU beats JMU, can EKU sneak in?

World
November 17th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Honestly, if Lehigh doesn't get selected I think they'll be fine. Their season success is not defined by making the playoffs.

How true, however they will be in.

World
November 17th, 2012, 06:54 PM
A visual representation:

YSU's Schedule:

Lehigh's Schedule:

and a Written Presentation:

Lehigh makes the playoffs

YSU does not make the playoffs

danefan
November 17th, 2012, 06:55 PM
If ODU beats JMU, can EKU sneak in?

Who knows, but there will be so many other bubble teams with either more wins or with an FBS win that might bump an unremarkable EKU resume. Good year but no big wins and 2 OVC loses.

EKUSteve
November 17th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Dude, ISUR is in. MVFC is getting three this year. They have an FBS win and a win over the OVC auto.

I asssume ISUR is Illinois State? Very possible, but this whole thing is a mess with all the 8 - 3 teams. I'll be interested to see the GPI after today.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I asssume ISUR is Illinois State? Very possible, but this whole thing is a mess with all the 8 - 3 teams. I'll be interested to see the GPI after today.

Yep ISUR is Illinois State. I think they might drop a spot or two but it shouldn't be anything too dramatic.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2012, 07:04 PM
and a Written Presentation:

Lehigh makes the playoffs

YSU does not make the playoffs

As smug as any high school kid who beats up a fifth grader should be, of course

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sycamore62
November 17th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Yep ISUR is Illinois State. I think they might drop a spot or two but it shouldn't be anything too dramatic.

Will another GPI come out before the playoff selection?

danefan
November 17th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Will another GPI come out before the playoff selection?

Probably, but does it matter?

X-Factor
November 17th, 2012, 07:07 PM

The ncaa has gotta pimp out the national runner up!

Southern Bison
November 17th, 2012, 07:18 PM
A visual representation:

YSU's Schedule:

Lehigh's Schedule:

That's f'n hilarious!! xlmaox

Sycamore62
November 17th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Probably, but does it matter?

It could matter if someone asked. And it could sway opinions if they see it before selecting the brackets regardless if they say it does or not.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 07:21 PM

Except when you realize the possible outcome of it.

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2012, 07:24 PM
These Bison are getting pretty full of themselves, I'd say. There's a lot of talent out there this year. Hope you guys know what you're doing!

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2012, 07:24 PM

Easily amused I see

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2012, 07:34 PM
These Bison are getting pretty full of themselves, I'd say. There's a lot of talent out there this year. Hope you guys know what you're doing!

Nope just super tired of the smugness coming from Lehigh and their 10 wins.

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Who the hell is smug? Think we are lucky if we make it, but not going to apologize to anyone if we get in. All hail the mighty mighty Bison

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Nope just super tired of the smugness coming from Lehigh and their 10 wins.

Most Lehigh fans, including myself have posted on here that they do not know if the 10 wins is enough to get in, but we will wait and see. You are on here posting how a 7-4 team from your league should be in after beating a 6 win team with the bubble already large at the 8 win level. I think one of these posts are smug.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2012, 07:42 PM
From what i can gather, the CAA, MVC, and Big Sky should get three in for sure, with the socon, southland getting two in for sure. I would put Wofford, stony brook, a couple CAA teams, Lehigh, and EKU solidly on the bubble. If Northern Arizona lose tonight, they are out IMO (no quality wins). I think the CAA gets four in, and wofford gets in.

So that leaves:
Socon:3
Big sky:3
CAA:4
MVC:3
NEC: 1
Big South: 1
Southland: 2
MEAC:1
Patriot:1
OVC:1

Perhaps i am biased, but i just don't see the big south, ovc, or patriot getting more than one in this year because of the field, even though there certainly are candidates. These conferences are just weaker, and i think a 4th CAA team/Wofford has a better resume than they do by virtue of being in a better conference and having similar records

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 07:43 PM
From what i can gather, the CAA, MVC, and Big Sky should get three in for sure, with the socon, southland getting two in for sure. I would put Wofford, stony brook, a couple CAA teams, Lehigh, and EKU solidly on the bubble. If Northern Arizona lose tonight, they are out IMO (no quality wins). I think the CAA gets four in, and wofford gets in.

So that leaves:
Pioneer:1

Perhaps i am biased, but i just don't see the big south, ovc, or pioneer getting more than one in this year because of the field, even though there certainly are candidates. These conferences are just weaker, and i think a 4th CAA team/Wofford has a better resume than they do by virtue of being in a better conference and having similar records

I don't see the Pioneer getting any teams in the playoffs.

taper
November 17th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Valley has 2 ISU's, so it's common to call them ISU-Red(Illinois State) and ISU-Blue(Indiana State) after their colors. Often shortened to ISUr and ISUb. Should probably do something for the various GSU's also.

danefan
November 17th, 2012, 07:45 PM

So that leaves:
Pioneer:1

Perhaps i am biased, but i just don't see the big south, ovc, or pioneer getting more than one in this year because of the field, even though there certainly are candidates. These conferences are just weaker, and i think a 4th CAA team/Wofford has a better resume than they do by virtue of being in a better conference and having similar records

Pretty sure you meant Patriot right YT?

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I get the pioneer and patriot confused. Sue me.

HailSzczur
November 17th, 2012, 07:47 PM

Have you seen the PL fans on here, they just might xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2012, 07:52 PM

Not much real difference

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Have you seen the PL fans on here, they just might xlolx

Nah we are used to stupid posts that don't know the difference between the Pioneer and Patriot League. Is Towson your champs again this year? Last year UNI won their home playoff game, two years ago they did not. One league routinely wins playoff games, while one league never has a team in the playoffs

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Not much real difference

See it is too often to try to educate fools

EKUSteve
November 17th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Valley has 2 ISU's, so it's common to call them ISU-Red(Illinois State) and ISU-Blue(Indiana State) after their colors. Often shortened to ISUr and ISUb. Should probably do something for the various GSU's also.

Thanks. I haven't played on the board that much this year. I'm more familiar with ISUB living in Indiana, but they sort of let it get away today losing to YSU..

HailSzczur
November 17th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Nah we are used to stupid posts that don't know the difference between the Pioneer and Patriot League. Is Towson your champs again this year? Last year UNI won their home playoff game, two years ago they did not. One league routinely wins playoff games, while one league never has a team in the playoffs

Eng, I know the difference, I just meant that you PL fans are a very proud, but very defensive bunch. I am a big supporter of the PL, and I hope Colgate (and Lehigh if they make it) make good playoff runs, as long as they don't play us. East Coast bias all the way

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Not much real difference

Sort of like North Dakota and North Dakota State, right?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Sort of like North Dakota and North Dakota State, right?

They were all on the same level about 10 years ago.

EKUSteve
November 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
NAU down 15 with 3 minutes to go. Thinking they are out?

FargoBison
November 17th, 2012, 08:04 PM
NAU down 15 with 3 minutes to go. Thinking they are out?

Stick a fork in them.

EKUSteve
November 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Stick a fork in them.

Then they score with 1:30 to go to make it 42 - 34. Then don't kick the onside kick far enough...

walliver
November 17th, 2012, 08:38 PM
It could matter if someone asked. And it could sway opinions if they see it before selecting the brackets regardless if they say it does or not.

The regional committees and "the committee" have been discussing these teams for weeks. At this point, polls and computer rankings are almost worthless. If two teams are so close that there is no clear winner, most likely politics will make the difference, not polls or rankings.

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 08:53 PM
They were all on the same level about 10 years ago.

They aren't on the same level now?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2012, 08:56 PM
A visual representation:

YSU's Schedule:

Lehigh's Schedule:

NoDak....I have to hand it to ya....that is frickin funny!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Easily amused I see

Amusing is this:

Monmouth
CCSU
Princeton
Liberty
Fordham
Columbia
Georgetown
Bucknell
Holy Cross
Colgate
Lafayette

Lehigh might make it in but give me that schedule every year and the Bison are 11-0 annually.

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Good for you,, Bison Fan!

(but your boss graduated from Lehigh)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2012, 09:09 PM

Great!

Lehigh's schedule is a pan full of cupcakes plain and simple.....fact.

I would take a 7-4 or 8-3 team from a 'power' FCS conference over Lehigh any day.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 17th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Amusing is this:

Monmouth
CCSU
Princeton
Liberty
Fordham
Columbia
Georgetown
Bucknell
Holy Cross
Colgate
Lafayette

Lehigh might make it in but give me that schedule every year and the Bison are 11-0 annually.

+1

EWU would be 12-0 with that schedule. xlolx

sgt smash
November 17th, 2012, 09:58 PM

And this means how much on a football board?

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Just to belittle the thought process and maturity of the initial poster.

ngineer
November 17th, 2012, 11:39 PM

I think Bucknell was 10-1 in 1996 and not invited.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2012, 11:42 PM
I think Bucknell was 10-1 in 1996 and not invited.

It was 1997 which happened to be the first time the league was back in the playoffs. Colgate got an at large at 8-3 the next season.

PL at-large history
8-3 Colgate in '98
10-1 Lehigh in '99
9-2 Lehigh in '04
8-3 Lafayette in '05

Besides that, only Colgate, 9-2, in '02 and Lehigh, 8-3, in '03 would be considered snubs. Lehigh not getting in, in '03 caused quite a bit of stir. They were awarded the second annual "woofed" award.

totoinfl
November 17th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Walliver you are dead on...the last 4 in are basically the combination of a beauty contest and a political campaign...can't imagine the sheer amount of sucking up going on.

The regional committees and "the committee" have been discussing these teams for weeks. At this point, polls and computer rankings are almost worthless. If two teams are so close that there is no clear winner, most likely politics will make the difference, not polls or rankings.

World
November 17th, 2012, 11:51 PM

So that leaves:
Patriot:1

Perhaps i am biased, but i just don't see the big south, ovc, or patriot getting more than one in this year because of the field, even though there certainly are candidates. These conferences are just weaker, and i think a 4th CAA team/Wofford has a better resume than they do by virtue of being in a better conference and having similar records

Sounds about right, except replace Wofford with Lehigh and you will have the more realistic results of Sunday

Grabholdofyosef
November 18th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Two teams vs top 100 GPI. No names to distract. You decide better resume:

Team A 7-1

Wins:

Losses:

Team B 7-2

Losses:

Just based on what the teams have done, I would have to go team B.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2012, 06:36 AM

real Texans have never even heard of Sammy

Engineer86
November 18th, 2012, 06:45 AM
It was 1997 which happened to be the first time the league was back in the playoffs. Colgate got an at large at 8-3 the next season.

PL at-large history
8-3 Colgate in '98
10-1 Lehigh in '99
9-2 Lehigh in '04
8-3 Lafayette in '05

Besides that, only Colgate, 9-2, in '02 and Lehigh, 8-3, in '03 would be considered snubs. Lehigh not getting in, in '03 caused quite a bit of stir. They were awarded the second annual "woofed" award.

Bucknell's schedule included St Mary's. Weren't they a DII level in 1996? I thought I recalled them transitioning when Lehigh played them in 1998.