PDA

View Full Version : FCS Playoff And SWAC Champ Game Bid, Plus Perfection... - College Sporting News

CSN-info
November 15th, 2012, 09:51 PM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1008&d=1317949006

FCS Playoff And SWAC Champ Game Bid, Plus Perfection On The Line

By Dr. J. Kenyatta Cavil and Brandon Bolden
Inside the HBCU Huddle Columnists
College Sporting News

This week, a possible FCS Playoff bid, SWAC Championship Game appearance, and MEAC perfection on the line. The No. 1 Tennessee State Tigers travels on the road to face (non-HBCU) Tennessee-Martin for a possible NCAA FCS Division I Playoff bid in the HBCU Game of the Week. For the SWAC Game of the Week, the No. 4 Jackson State Tigers travel to face their in-state rival the Alcorn State Braves with a SWAC Championship Game appearance on the line.

Read More... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?862-FCS-Playoff-And-SWAC-Champ-Game-Bid-Plus-Perfection-On-The-Line)

Skyhawk71
November 15th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I don't want to get anyone's panties in a wod.......but it is hilarious that the HBCU game of the week features.......UTM.....the Tennessee university system's agricultural school vs. TSU as the HBCU game of the week........it's just funny no matter how you look at it.......Go Skyhawks!!!!

Wallace
November 15th, 2012, 10:47 PM
...it is hilarious that the HBCU game of the week features.......UTM.....the Tennessee university system's agricultural school vs. TSU as the HBCU game of the week...

Do you deny that TSU is an HBCU? I don't think UTM is the intended feature in the article.

Eaglesrus
November 16th, 2012, 04:09 AM
I liked:

"Howard’s run defense was no match for the FBS number one ranked rushing attack as Georgia Southern steam-rolled for 300 yards on the ground." It was over 500 yards, by the way.

WileECoyote06
November 16th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Why isn't the NCCU vs A&T game, the MEAC game of the week?

1) It's a rivalry game; a guaranteed sellout between two schools who simply don't like each other. (I hope we can avoid fighting this year)
2) Both programs are on the rebound after a dismal three year period.
3) NCCU has a shot at sole possession of second place after being predicted to finish seventh in the conference. A&T is playing for third pl
4) The coach of A&T is the former NCCU coach who bolted the year after winning his second CIAA crown, and right before the Division I transition
5) This is the state of NC's second fiercest football rivalry; which stretches back to 1924. The game has been very competitive in the ten years since NCCU finally broke a decade long streak of losing in 2002. NCCU has a 5 - 4 game edge.

I know Howard vs DSU is for a share of second place, but nah. .. they missed this one.

Skyhawk71
November 16th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Do you deny that TSU is an HBCU? I don't think UTM is the intended feature in the article.

I'm pretty sure I do not deny that TSU is an HBCU.......they pound that home in recruiting to everyone around here: UTM is a (non-HBCU); I would think that between the MEAC and the SWAC there would be at least one game that would be featured over a HBCU vs. a non-HBCU, as WileECoyote points out............

WileECoyote06
November 16th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Well no, I agree that UTM vs TSU is the HBCU game of the week.. rather, the game of the week featuring an HBCU. A lot is at stake in terms of playoff bids. With BCU already having locked up the autobid, this game should rightfully take the lead.

I was complaining about the MEAC game of the Week, which is Howard vs DSU.

blueballs
November 16th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I liked:

"Howard’s run defense was no match for the FBS number one ranked rushing attack as Georgia Southern steam-rolled for 300 yards on the ground." It was over 500 yards, by the way.

Looks like whoever wrote that turned the TV off at halftime as GSU had over 300 rushing in the first 30 minutes. LOL

Skyhawk71
November 16th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Well no, I agree that UTM vs TSU is the HBCU game of the week.. rather, the game of the week featuring an HBCU. A lot is at stake in terms of playoff bids. With BCU already having locked up the autobid, this game should rightfully take the lead.

I was complaining about the MEAC game of the Week, which is Howard vs DSU.

Gotcha, see what your saying with the playoff implications; Good Luck against A&T