PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11/17

UNDBIZ
November 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Noticed this thread hadn't been started yet for some reason.....

At 68-14 and tied for 1st in the Big Sky Challenge I've decided to get crazy this week and pick ALL AWAY TEAMS. Go big or go home (I can't win the tiebreakers).

North Dakota over Northern Colorado
Sac State over UC Davis
Montana St over Montana
E Washington over Portland St
Weber St over Idaho St
Cal Poly over Northern Arizona

darell1976
November 15th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I picked all road teams. 66-16 tied for 14th in the Big Sky Challenge, I went a horrible 3-2 last week (lost the WSU-UNC game and SUU-NAU game).

Skyhawk71
November 15th, 2012, 04:12 PM
What fun, we don't have cool stuff like the BigSkyChallenge in the OVC, as you can tell by the one to five poster per OVC school on AGS it would be about 15 guys and not very exciting..........but just to chime in, my favorite part of Sunday is the challenge- yes my friends The Skyhawk, tied for 8th at 67-15 is not from Ft. Lewis State- but an actual UTM Skyhawk..........Good Luck to the Big Sky teams in the playoffs, we will all be home watching after laying that navy and orange Skyhawk egg on the field at Tennessee Tech last week

dudeitsaid
November 15th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Hope it works out that way. All visiting teams winning would work out well for my Eagles!

wapiti
November 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
ND 24 @ NC 27 Two northern directional schools renewing an old rivarly. NC has been improving over the course of the season and ND has been up and down. Will probably be a close game and I pick the home field advantage to be the difference.

Sac 27 @ UCD 21 Being a rivarly game, this game could go either way. Even though UCD does not have a good record they have played the top teams of the BSC close and I see the same happening here. With a win here Sac will be in the dicussion for a playoff spot.

MSU 35 @ UM 17 Big rivarly game. MSU is a good all around team where UM is good with running backs and a decent defensive line. MSU is the clear favorite, but UM is good enough to play spoiler. With a win here MSU will most likely get a seed.

EWU 31 @ PSU 28 PSU's home field keeps the game close, but EWU is too good to lose this one. EWU will get a seed with a win.

WSU 48 @ ISU 20 The BBQ is the favorite here, but is on the road and has had a tough season. This is ISU's last chance to get a Div 1 W, but ISU is horrible this year.

CP 32 @ NAU 27 Game of the week for the BSC. Both teams have a win over a FBS team and a good record. Winner will most likely be in the playoffs and the loser will be sweating it out. I think CP is the better team, but NAU is at home. Making it a tough one to pick.

uofmman1122
November 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
ND 24 @ NC 27 Two northern directional schools Uhhhh...

North Dakota isn't a directional school. xeyebrowx

I picked all the away teams except the Griz. xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Uhhhh...

North Dakota isn't a directional school. xeyebrowx

I picked all the away teams except the Griz. xthumbsupx

Even worse, a directional state. xlolx

I also picked all away teams except the Griz. xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
November 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Even worse, a directional state. xlolx

I also picked all away teams except the Griz. xthumbsupxWell then I'm guaranteed to beat you in the Big Sky Challenge. xcoolx ;)

Screamin_Eagle174
November 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Well then I'm guaranteed to beat you in the Big Sky Challenge. xcoolx ;)

Meh. My team is going to be playing at home in the playoffs. :D

AaronRodgersJewBeard
November 15th, 2012, 06:55 PM
All away teams, except I've got PSU shocking EWU.

CopperCat
November 15th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I like the PSU pick.

All road teams for me except that one.

uofmman1122
November 15th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Meh. My team is going to be playing at home in the playoffs. :DNot cool. :( :(

JALMOND
November 15th, 2012, 08:47 PM
61-21 heading into the final weekend. I really need a perfectly picked weekend and it had to come down to probably the most difficult weekend to try to do it. Rivalry weekend where you throw everything out and just play. Here are my predicitons for the last week of conference play. Definitely will be interesting...

CP at NAU---This one got very interesting after Southern Utah's win over the Lumberjacks last weekend. The winner is guaranteed at least a share of the conference title. Isn't that what a rivalry game is supposed to do?...CP 38, NAU 35.

EWU at PSU---Even in recent years when the Eagles had some pretty good teams and the Vikings had some not so good teams, the Vikings seemed to get a win regardless of where the game was played. That is also what makes a good rivalry...PSU 36, EWU 30.

MSU at UM---Uncomfortable position for the Grizzlies, playing spoiler in their own stadium. But it is against the Bobcats and the Grizzlies would relish the chance to bring them down a level, even if it is the Bobcats going on...UM 35, MSU 33.

UND at UNC---Are the Bears really that good to have a chance at ending the season on a three game conference winning streak? Maybe not but it does give them something more to play for than the Dakotans...UNC 28, UND 24.

Sac State at UCD---Are the Hornets more concerned with how they make the playoffs, thereby ensuring that this game is in the bag? The Aggies threw the kitchen sink at Eastern Washington last week, do they have anything more to throw?...Sac State 19, UCD 14.

WSU at ISU---The Bengals' season will finally be over after this game. The Wildcats also have won only one game all year, but that is pretty good as they haven't played the Bengals until now. The big question, can the Bengals hold anyone under 50?...WSU 45, ISU 20.

RESULT: CP gets the AQ, MSU, NAU and EWU go to the playoffs as well. Sac State is left on the outside.

Red & Black
November 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I like the PSU pick.

All road teams for me except that one.

Of course you do, lol. I'm taking all road teams except I'm thinking that the Griz will lay the smack down on the kitties at home.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
November 15th, 2012, 09:15 PM
All away teams, except I've got PSU shocking EWU.

I hope you are right.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 15th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I hope you are right.

Where ya been, NAUJackieParty? xlolx

Also, all road teams except EWU winning = NAU losing. xmoronx

EdubAlum
November 16th, 2012, 12:25 PM
61-21 heading into the final weekend. I really need a perfectly picked weekend and it had to come down to probably the most difficult weekend to try to do it. Rivalry weekend where you throw everything out and just play. Here are my predicitons for the last week of conference play. Definitely will be interesting...

CP at NAU---This one got very interesting after Southern Utah's win over the Lumberjacks last weekend. The winner is guaranteed at least a share of the conference title. Isn't that what a rivalry game is supposed to do?...CP 38, NAU 35.

EWU at PSU---Even in recent years when the Eagles had some pretty good teams and the Vikings had some not so good teams, the Vikings seemed to get a win regardless of where the game was played. That is also what makes a good rivalry...PSU 36, EWU 30.

MSU at UM---Uncomfortable position for the Grizzlies, playing spoiler in their own stadium. But it is against the Bobcats and the Grizzlies would relish the chance to bring them down a level, even if it is the Bobcats going on...UM 35, MSU 33.

UND at UNC---Are the Bears really that good to have a chance at ending the season on a three game conference winning streak? Maybe not but it does give them something more to play for than the Dakotans...UNC 28, UND 24.

Sac State at UCD---Are the Hornets more concerned with how they make the playoffs, thereby ensuring that this game is in the bag? The Aggies threw the kitchen sink at Eastern Washington last week, do they have anything more to throw?...Sac State 19, UCD 14.

WSU at ISU---The Bengals' season will finally be over after this game. The Wildcats also have won only one game all year, but that is pretty good as they haven't played the Bengals until now. The big question, can the Bengals hold anyone under 50?...WSU 45, ISU 20.

RESULT: CP gets the AQ, MSU, NAU and EWU go to the playoffs as well. Sac State is left on the outside.

I don't see PSU beating us. And to whomever said home field advantage for PSU was huge, clearly they've never been to Jeld-Wen field. It's empty when PSU plays. i bet we have more fans there than they do tomorrow. GO EAGS (from a portlander:)) Either way, PSU has gotten the best of EWU in the past but the Big Sky title is on the line, and we owe them an *** kicking from last year.