PDA

View Full Version : Furman versus the Citadel

OL FU
November 14th, 2012, 11:18 AM
In honor of the longest running rivalry game in the SoCon, I received, over the weekend, my obligatory voice mail from citdog, in his typical inebriated fashon (I am sure celebrating the recent victory over the hated Keydets), full of more expletives deleted than most people know.

I called him back and told him if I wanted to hear a The Citadel man curse me, I would go to the Francis Marion hotel and forget to tip someone. :)

Here's to the game being at the end of the regular season where it should always remain. xthumbsupx

citdog
November 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM
In honor of the longest running rivalry game in the SoCon, I received, over the weekend, my obligatory voice mail from citdog, in his typical inebriated fashon (I am sure celebrating the recent victory over the hate Keydets), full of more expletives deleted than most people know.

I called him back and told him if I wanted to hear a The Citadel man curse me, I would go to the Francis Marion hotel and forget to tip someone. :)

Here's to the game being at the end of the regular season where it should always remain. xthumbsupx

you must have me confused with someone else. No one who was born from the womb of a furple mother would ever use gutter profanity. Carry your own luggage but i'll take the tip.

OL FU
November 14th, 2012, 12:06 PM
you must have me confused with someone else. No one who was born from the womb of a furple mother would ever use gutter profanity. Carry your own luggage but i'll take the tip.

She must read this boardxrolleyesx

I might could have understood most of it you could pronounce an "r". What is a bastahd anywayxchinscratchx. Not to mention a ****ah. xblahx

eaglewraith
November 14th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Go THE Citadel

Apphole
November 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
GO FURP

Go Apps
November 14th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I like Furman in this game and at home - Citadel could only win by 3 at VMI and they have no chance at the post season so and of Course I want Furman to win - did I just say that?

gsu_paintballer
November 14th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I like Furman in this game and at home - Citadel could only win by 3 at VMI and they have no chance at the post season so and of Course I want Furman to win - did I just say that?

Citadel beat us and App, and Furman lost to us and App.

As we all know, the transitive property rules. Bellhops win.

asumike83
November 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I don't think this game will have any real effect on GSU or ASU. It seems like both teams are locked into a playoff bid, first-round bye and a home game. I don't think either will or should get a seed with 3 losses.

citdog
November 14th, 2012, 12:39 PM

since you lack a true rival, western has stunk out loud for a long time and pigs ***, ga is less than 15 years old, i don't expect you to understand the nature of The Military Classic of the South. i have seen that game 30 times in my life and saturdays game was typical. vmi played their guts out.

Sandlapper Spike
November 14th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Here's to the game being at the end of the regular season where it should always remain.

It can't always be at the end of the regular season, though.

It can be the last game of the regular season at Furman. However, the corps of cadets leaves for Thanksgiving break prior to the last Saturday of the regular season, and that will continue to be the case in future years. Because of that, The Citadel won't be hosting any games on the final Saturday.

Perhaps the series can be like Notre Dame-Southern Cal, rotating as an end-of-season contest and a midseason matchup, depending on where it is played.

SpeedkingATL
November 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Go Furple!!! (gasp %#% choke%$#%%)

OL FU
November 14th, 2012, 01:08 PM
It can't always be at the end of the regular season, though.

It can be the last game of the regular season at Furman. However, the corps of cadets leaves for Thanksgiving break prior to the last Saturday of the regular season, and that will continue to be the case in future years. Because of that, The Citadel won't be hosting any games on the final Saturday.

Perhaps the series can be like Notre Dame-Southern Cal, rotating as an end-of-season contest and a midseason matchup, depending on where it is played.

For years it was the last game of the regular season. Just change when you celebrate thanksgiving. If citdog can celebrate independence day in December, you can celebrate Thanksgiving in June

AtlantaMountaineer
November 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Go Paladins!!!!

Eaglesrus
November 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I don't think this game will have any real effect on GSU or ASU. It seems like both teams are locked into a playoff bid, first-round bye and a home game. I don't think either will or should get a seed with 3 losses.

I agree, but go Bulldogs, anyway.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 14th, 2012, 01:21 PM

I think an 8-3 team could get one of the bottom seeds. Just don't know if it will be a SoCon team and how the automatic bid would affect that choice if at all.

Just to be safe...GO CITADEL!!

But I have a feeling Furman will find a way to take this one.

PaladinFan
November 14th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Going to be a good game. Furman will still win, but going to be a good game. Two reasons.

First, Furman is 33-12 against the Cadets in Greenville (a whopping 12-3 in Paladin Stadium). You have to go all the way back to 1998 to find the last time the Dogs won in Greenville. Only one game in Greenville since has the Citadel kept within one score. This is essentially the same amount of domination Furman has faced at App State, but the outcomes are not as close.

Second, Furman (quite the opposite of App State) has fared well against the option. The Paladins held Wofford to about 50 yards under their average rushing total. They held Georgia Southern to about 125 yards under their average rushing total. I imagine the Citadel will have to grind out their yards. One point of caution for Furman, though, is that both Wofford and GSU were able to change the game on long passes.

citdog
November 14th, 2012, 01:25 PM
For years it was the last game of the regular season. Just change when you celebrate thanksgiving. If citdog can celebrate independence day in December, you can celebrate Thanksgiving in June

20 December! 'we will not go into that goodnight! we will survive! today we celebrate our independence day!' president pullman

Sandlapper Spike
November 14th, 2012, 01:25 PM

Well, I think Turkey Day will remain a November situation...

The college calendar (and leave times) have changed since 1992. In the 1980s, the corps did not leave for Thanksgiving prior to the weekend before the holiday. Now it does.

GSUEagles#1
November 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Well, I think Turkey Day will remain a November situation...

The college calendar (and leave times) have changed since 1992. In the 1980s, the corps did not leave for Thanksgiving prior to the weekend before the holiday. Now it does.

It's because they know they won't be playing football after that weekend so why not finish early!! :)

Goooooo Citadel! (Now I need to go wash out my mouth with soap)

james_lawfirm
November 14th, 2012, 04:00 PM
GO PELICANS!

gasoutherneagle
November 14th, 2012, 04:12 PM
TOUCHDOWN CITADEL!!!

BAM!

ElCid
November 14th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Wait a minute! Everyone just hold on. Does this mean if I hate the Eagles and want App St to get the AB I have to route against my own Dogs? Just kidding...but I do like holding someone else's fate, even if it does not really matter since both are going.

I must say, SOCON tie breaking rules make for strange bedfellows.....

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM
All I can say is this.

If you are gonna be there, eat at Tommy's Ham House and tell him the Montana boys said hello and thanks for the great grub and hospitality that is second to none.

What a true American stud that fella is.

EKU-n-GSU
November 14th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Go Furple!!! (gasp %#% choke%$#%%)

That had to hurt...go Dogs!

gasoutherneagle
November 14th, 2012, 04:44 PM

Hey... if I can do it. Anyone can. CHOKE IT DOWN, BABY!

OL FU
November 14th, 2012, 05:00 PM
To hell with all the well wishers. Where were you last weekxblehxxrotatehx:D

gasoutherneagle
November 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM
To hell with all the well wishers. Where were you last weekxblehxxrotatehx:D

Watchin' you arseholes TOTALLY BLOW IT!

THANKS A LOT!

Can't BELIEVE I cheered for FURPLE!

I FEEL DIRTY... 'scuse me, I need to wash.

OL FU
November 14th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Watchin' you arseholes TOTALLY BLOW IT!

THANKS A LOT!

Can't BELIEVE I cheered for FURPLE!

I FEEL DIRTY... 'scuse me, I need to wash.

I imagine "cheered" is hyperbolic at best.xeyebrowx

Skjellyfetti
November 14th, 2012, 06:34 PM
All hail the white and purple!!!!!
Floating on high!!!
Hear the shouts of triumph echo through the sky!!!!
Roll the cheering onward!!!!
Hail full and free!!!!
Victory be now for Furman University!!!

:o

gasoutherneagle
November 14th, 2012, 06:50 PM
DE GAT DAMM HYDRAULICS GOT NUTTIN TA DO WID IT!!!

seantaylor
November 15th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Probably first time I've ever rooted for El Chit

CID1990
November 15th, 2012, 06:24 AM
All hail the white and purple!!!!!
Floating on high!!!
Hear the shouts of triumph echo through the sky!!!!
Roll the cheering onward!!!!
Hail full and free!!!!
Victory be now for Furman University!!!

:o

Appropriate that you should recite such a faggy song.

Mountaineer#96
November 15th, 2012, 06:36 AM
My brother is a alum of The Citadel so I usually pull for them when not playing the Apps, but I have to sell out this week for the Furple and White Paladins.............

Maybe you guys can score with some guys other than special teams and defense to get this done.

SpeedkingATL
November 15th, 2012, 08:22 AM

What's even worse is I'm going to the UGA vs GaSo game and will be rooting for the Eagles. It's a bizzaro world sometimes.....

Eaglesrus
November 15th, 2012, 08:35 AM
What's even worse is I'm going to the UGA vs GaSo game and will be rooting for the Eagles. It's a bizzaro world sometimes.....

Great, we'll grateful accept any help we can get! xthumbsupx

T-Dog
November 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Go Purple Knights! FU El Citadel!

Waco Kid
November 15th, 2012, 06:08 PM
This hurts to say but... Go Furman! xsplatx