PDA

View Full Version : Montana State At NDSU 2013

AaronRodgersJewBeard
November 12th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Just got announced that Montana State will be traveling to NDSU next year for a game.

Should be an excellent game...I for one can't wait.

frozennorth
November 12th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Just got announced that Montana State will be traveling to NDSU next year for a game.

huh? this has been known for years....

FargoBison
November 12th, 2012, 08:40 PM
It will be epic, we graduate basically nobody and I'm sure MSU wants their vengeance for the playoff game in 2010.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 12th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Interesting name there, Aaron.

NDSU returns pretty much their entire team. Bison by 20+.

AaronRodgersJewBeard
November 12th, 2012, 08:52 PM
huh? this has been known for years....

Really? My bad then...I must have forgotten it.

sgt smash
November 12th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the reminder. NDSU has a couple tough OOC games next year.

Hammerhead
November 12th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Who knows? Maybe we'll see Montana State in the Fargodome in a few weeks?

Twentysix
November 12th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I wanna say this game was announced in 2009. Same with the Griz coming to Fargo.

AaronRodgersJewBeard
November 12th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Well now I just feel stupid. Can't believe I forgot that.

taper
November 12th, 2012, 10:14 PM
NDSU was at Montana St in '05, is this the 2nd half of a home-home or just a good matchup?

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2012, 10:15 PM
NDSU was at Montana St in '05, is this the 2nd half of a home-home or just a good matchup?

2nd half of home/home.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Well now I just feel stupid. Can't believe I forgot that.

Ah hell, that ain't no big deal. You think that's bad wait until you see the depths that can be sunk to around here. You'll be ashamed that you were ashamed about that one.

Vitojr130
November 12th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the reminder. NDSU has a couple tough OOC games next year.

#2 Kansas State (FBS) in Manhattan
Then Montana State in Fargo.

Tough OOC doesn't do it justice!

Walkon79
November 12th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Interesting name there, Aaron.

NDSU returns pretty much their entire team. Bison by 20+.

And the Cats return arguably the best QB, RB in the conference. And a ton of all conference players.

BTW it has yet to be seen that the Bison can consistently SCORE 20 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
November 12th, 2012, 10:35 PM
And the Cats return arguably the best QB, RB in the conference. And a ton of all conference players.

Why would they need to consistently score 20 when consistently scoring 10 will win.

Walkon79
November 12th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Exactly my point about the 20+ comment.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 12th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Who knows? Maybe we'll see Montana State in the Fargodome in a few weeks?

I'd say if we win, which we should, you wont.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2012, 11:26 PM

Thats BCS #1 Kansas State. Don't short sell it ;)

frozennorth
November 12th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I'd say if we win, which we should, you wont.

actually if you (UM) lose ndsu wouldn't see MSU until Frisco, as they would presumably be the #2 seed.

Grizalltheway
November 12th, 2012, 11:41 PM
actually if you (UM) lose ndsu wouldn't see MSU until Frisco, as they would presumably be the #2 seed.

I think you're mistaken. He appears to be one of those all-too-common scat fans whose obsession big brother is so acute that they base their screen name on it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Exactly my point about the 20+ comment.

You seem to have missed my point. They don't NEED 20 to win. teams rarely score 10 on them...was the point.

344Johnson
November 13th, 2012, 12:39 AM

Last time a Bison team struggled to score 20 during the regular season they played Montana State in the playoffs I believe...

Mind telling me the score? ;)

DJKyR0
November 13th, 2012, 01:19 AM
21-0 is still a 20+ point win by definition.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 13th, 2012, 01:29 AM
21-0 is still a 20+ point win by definition.

If you're not shutting out teams like SIU, Missouri State, and SDSU, I'm pretty dang sure you won't shut us out either..

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2012, 03:06 AM

Rumor has it we will be swapping the conference schedule with Lehigh so we can get a break.

darell1976
November 13th, 2012, 04:00 AM
2nd half of home/home.

8 years to complete a home and home? Why the long delay? Next year ends our home and home with both Montana and South Dakota State that started on 2010.

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2012, 07:10 AM
8 years to complete a home and home? Why the long delay? Next year ends our home and home with both Montana and South Dakota State that started on 2010.

No idea. I just know we haven't gotten our return trip yet for the OOC matchup.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2012, 07:16 AM

I'm pretty sure that isn't the same contract. I remember hearing something about MSU buying out the back end of the H&H. This appears to be a new agreement.

bisonboone11
November 13th, 2012, 07:48 AM
If you're not shutting out teams like SIU, Missouri State, and SDSU, I'm pretty dang sure you won't shut us out either..
I'm pretty sure Georgia Southern and SHSU said they were going to put up big numbers on NDSU too. Also, I can't remember for sure, but I'm guessing MSU said the same thing in 2010.

bobcathpdevil56
November 13th, 2012, 08:25 AM
So if a guy was maybe thinking about making the trip to Fargo for this game, when should I be ready to get some tickets?

gotts
November 13th, 2012, 08:42 AM
So if a guy was maybe thinking about making the trip to Fargo for this game, when should I be ready to get some tickets?

August 1st, 2013 would be a likely date for single game tickets based on this year's sales. Might have an allotment through the Montana State athletic department as well. If you go through MSU, you will likely end up in Section 23, the NW corner of the Fargodome.

http://www.fargodome.com/uploads/Football12.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Rumor has it we will be swapping the conference schedule with Lehigh so we can get a break.

KState is a money grab, nothing more, nothing less. I much rather play Princeton.

The MSU game is obviously sweet and one that I am considering attending.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
KState is a money grab, nothing more, nothing less. I much rather play Princeton.

The MSU game is obviously sweet and one that I am considering attending.

I'm not sure what kind of money grab you think that is. We had to pay PVAM to come in to fill in the schedule this year. NDSU makes plenty of money and I'm glad GT gets a FBS game in every year. It's a great road trip for the fan base and a good test for the team. In a lot of cases, they have won which is icing on the cake.

AmsterBison
November 13th, 2012, 09:45 AM

Make no mistake: NDSU is going down there to win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2012, 09:47 AM

So was PVAM when they headed to Fargo....

At the end of the day, it's about the money.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2012, 10:08 AM
So was PVAM when they headed to Fargo....

At the end of the day, it's about the money.

NDSU's FBS games are about more than money, don't get me wrong it is part of the equation but recruiting and reaching out to alumni are also part of it as well.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I'm pretty sure that isn't the same contract. I remember hearing something about MSU buying out the back end of the H&H. This appears to be a new agreement.

It is the same contract, GT told them not to buy out and just try to reschedule since the buyout amount was so tiny.

That said I'm sure this game will lead to a new home and home contract.

Twentysix
November 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Be on your computer or phone at 7:59am Central on August 1st 2013. Tickets to this game will sell out in under 10 minutes. Unless you are buying through MSU.

Twentysix
November 13th, 2012, 10:15 AM
It is the same contract, GT told them not to buy out and just try to reschedule since the buyout amount was so tiny.

That said I'm sure this game will lead to a new home and home contract.

It should, we really should try and play both montanas home and away in an 8 year span that repeats. UM or MSU home or away every other year.

Grizalltheway
November 13th, 2012, 10:16 AM

I respect the hell out of what NDSU has done to FBS teams in recent years, but K-State is not Minnesoter or C Michigan, even with Klein gone.

DSUrocks07
November 13th, 2012, 10:21 AM
NDSU's FBS games are about more than money, don't get me wrong it is part of the equation but recruiting and reaching out to alumni are also part of it as well.

I doubt that PVAM was thinking the same thing heading to Fargo. Different mentality amongst the successful FCS programs. xsmileyclapx

Twentysix
November 13th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I respect the hell out of what NDSU has done to FBS teams in recent years, but K-State is not Minnesoter or C Michigan, even with Klein gone.

Talk to us after that game. xblehx

Vitojr130
November 13th, 2012, 11:19 AM

This^. It's a great way to see how we stack up against the "big boys". Sure the odds are that NDSU will lose this one, but I like our chances. KState graduates a ridiculous number of starters, including Klein, and it would sure be nice to stick it to a top-tier BCS program.

profisme
November 13th, 2012, 11:32 AM

I remember that game all too well. NDSU was really a very good team then and that RB Steffes was an absolute beast.

frozennorth
November 13th, 2012, 01:17 PM

I think kstate loses something like 9 defensive starters. Definitely a winnable game, considering that next year is The Year.

Vitojr130
November 13th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I think kstate loses something like 9 defensive starters. Definitely a winnable game, considering that next year is The Year.

And by "The Year", you mean the year that most of our players are seniors, right?

tourguide
November 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM

Great and in other news the NCAA announced the fcs championship game will be in frisco, obama was elected president and for most people the sky is up

darell1976
November 13th, 2012, 04:19 PM

http://kstatefootball.com/depth.shtml

K-State loses 4 starters on Offense (WR, TE, QB, FB), and 9 on defense (only 1 LB and FS are not seniors), also they lose their place kicker and punter. It looks to be whole new KSU team in 2013. Especially with their new QB will be either rfr Daniel Sams (duel threat) or soph Sam Johnson (pure passer).

CorrosionDoc
November 13th, 2012, 04:25 PM
It will be epic, we graduate basically nobody...
I'm not sure that's something I'd be bragging about. You'd think at least one phys ed major would be allowed to get a diploma.

BisonBacker
November 13th, 2012, 04:35 PM
http://kstatefootball.com/depth.shtml

K-State loses 4 starters on Offense (WR, TE, QB, FB), and 9 on defense (only 1 LB and FS are not seniors), also they lose their place kicker and punter. It looks to be whole new KSU team in 2013. Especially with their new QB will be either rfr Daniel Sams (duel threat) or soph Sam Johnson (pure passer).

So I see you are already teeing this one up so that you can say if NDSU was to win it or be competitive it's because Kstate graduated so many. Or if we lose it the argument will be "and they couldn't even beat a depleted KState team". Just want to make sure I have this all right so I am ready for the excuses/criticisms next year. Thanks

darell1976
November 13th, 2012, 04:39 PM
So I see you are already teeing this one up so that you can say if NDSU was to win it or be competitive it's because Kstate graduated so many. Or if we lose it the argument will be "and they couldn't even beat a depleted KState team". Just want to make sure I have this all right so I am ready for the excuses/criticisms next year. Thanks

Actually I chalk this up to a tough game for NDSU. Its like when UND played Texas Tech, TT was in the hunt for a title the year before playing UND then kids graduated and they didn't look so powerful. KSU is graduating their defense and key players on offense so NDSU may be able to sneak one out of Manhattan.

gotts
November 13th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure that's something I'd be bragging about. You'd think at least one phys ed major would be allowed to get a diploma.

...or the team is junior-laden...

frozennorth
November 13th, 2012, 06:42 PM
...or the team is junior-laden...

and sophomores. hell there are as many starting freshman as seniors i think.

Southern Bison
November 13th, 2012, 06:58 PM
8 years to complete a home and home? Why the long delay?

Since he brought it up, any word from the outhouse to the north of our offers for a home & home or even a money-grab game for the Whioux?

344Johnson
November 13th, 2012, 09:40 PM

K-State struggled for 3 quarters with Misery State this year. K-State struggled with an FCS last year. They will be graduating a lot as has been stated.

I am not going to say NDSU will win or put a percentage on how good I feel about it, but I certainly wouldn't have a heartattack if our guys won.

Really excited about playing Montana State next season.

darell1976
November 13th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Since he brought it up, any word from the outhouse to the north of our offers for a home & home or even a money-grab game for the Whioux?

I am not going to get into that since it will just escalate into another UND-NDSU pissing match. The long delay was about MSU-NDSU not UND-NDSU.

DJKyR0
November 13th, 2012, 11:26 PM
If a quarterfinal NDSU team can beat MSU by 25 on the road, no reason a stacked 2013 team can't do the same at home.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2012, 06:02 AM
If a quarterfinal NDSU team can beat MSU by 25 on the road, no reason a stacked 2013 team can't do the same at home.

With almost everyone returning next year, I see a Bison beatdown. Only Martin (CB) will be lost from the defense.

'14 might have some 'growing pains' but might as well enjoy the ride until then.....

profisme
November 14th, 2012, 07:25 AM
With almost everyone returning next year, I see a Bison beatdown. Only Martin (CB) will be lost from the defense.

'14 might have some 'growing pains' but might as well enjoy the ride until then.....

I doubt we'll see any type of beatdown next year in that game. The Bobcats will also be very good again. McGhee will be a senior along with Kirk and Bleskin.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I doubt we'll see any type of beatdown next year in that game. The Bobcats will also be very good again. McGhee will be a senior along with Kirk and Bleskin.

Never said MSU wasn't going to be good but the game is in our house with 19K screaming fans....plus MSU doesn't match-up well with power-running teams like the Bison.

Looking forward to this game next year.

profisme
November 14th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Never said MSU wasn't going to be good but the game is in our house with 19K screaming fans....plus MSU doesn't match-up well with power-running teams like the Bison.

Looking forward to this game next year.

No doubt the Thunderdome is a tough place to play, but the Bobcats should have the best offense the Bison see next year. The defense is much better this year than it was last year or the year before and Ash has done a great job recruiting quality depth. I'm not saying the Bobcats will win, but by no means do I think this game will be decided by very many points.

One way or another, I am also looking forward to this game and if I can, I will be making the trip.

Vitojr130
November 14th, 2012, 09:34 AM

On the same note, NDSU will have only lost like 6 or 7 starters since our previous matchup. Experience will be deep on both teams, but I agree with BFinNWMN. I think that this will be a remake of the playoff game a few years back, especially in our house.