PDA

View Full Version : RMU lands FBS transfer

Original_RMC
November 12th, 2012, 02:24 PM
RMU picks up Penn St. transfer Paul Jones (http://robertmorris.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1435274)

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Interesting. Pards will get a look at him in 2014. Can't see how he doesn't start at QB.

DetroitFlyer
November 12th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Nice pick up for RMU.

RichH2
November 12th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Great signing. Guess he will start. A heck of an athlete.

Franks Tanks
November 12th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Interesting. Paul Jones is a former 5 star recruit out of Sto-Rox High School in Pittsburgh. He is 6'3" and 245 pounds. He has a very strong arm and is quite athletic. The downside is that he has struggled with accuracy and had a very difficult time grasping the offense of both his new and old coach. He was unable to play for much of his Penn State career due to poor grades. He was 3rd string at PSU, behind a Freshman, and was moved to TE early this year. He decided he didn't want to play TE and quit. Most people felt he would transfer to Pitt. He is a tremendous athlete, but he may have trouble staying eligible and will have trouble with all the but the most simple of offensive schemes.

superman7515
November 12th, 2012, 08:51 PM
He was 3rd string at PSU, behind a Freshman, and was moved to TE early this year. He decided he didn't want to play TE and quit.....will have trouble with all the but the most simple of offensive schemes.

Robby Schoenhoft?

Franks Tanks
November 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Robby Schoenhoft?

We was behind Bench a true Freshman from Georgia.

Baldy
November 12th, 2012, 10:07 PM
We was behind Bench a true Freshman from Georgia.
Antonio Henton.
That was a pretty sucky year recruiting QB's for OSU.

Franks Tanks
November 12th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Antonio Henton.
That was a pretty sucky year recruiting QB's for OSU.

Sorry I was confused here. Jones was behind Bench as PSU. I understand Superman was talking about the OSU guy they got a few years ago.

scka
November 13th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Interesting. Paul Jones is a former 5 star recruit out of Sto-Rox High School in Pittsburgh. He is 6'3" and 245 pounds. He has a very strong arm and is quite athletic. The downside is that he has struggled with accuracy and had a very difficult time grasping the offense of both his new and old coach. He was unable to play for much of his Penn State career due to poor grades. He was 3rd string at PSU, behind a Freshman, and was moved to TE early this year. He decided he didn't want to play TE and quit. Most people felt he would transfer to Pitt. He is a tremendous athlete, but he may have trouble staying eligible and will have trouble with all the but the most simple of offensive schemes.

Interesting indeed and a nice pickup for RMU, but given all of this, I'm not so sure he's a lock to start as a QB. It's great to have a QB that big and athletic, but there's much more to playing the position, especially in Joe Walton's offense. An offense that traditionally has been tougher than most to learn. Matt Layman will have been there three years and has started some games and they seem to be high on the freshman Derik Abbott. Abbott beat out Asiantii Woulard, this years ESPN Elite 11 winner, in high school in Florida, so he doesn't seem bothered by competition.

superman7515
November 13th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Sorry I was confused here. Jones was behind Bench as PSU. I understand Superman was talking about the OSU guy they got a few years ago.

Yeah, third string quarterback moved to tight end and then thought he was too good of a QB, despite not being able to hit water if he fell out of a boat, so he transferred out of Ohio State. Hopefully he works out for RMU, but there's never a guarantee with transfers, regardless of where they come from.

downbythebeach
November 13th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I went to a Sto Rox game a couple years ago, so apparently I saw this guy play in high school.