PDA

View Full Version : SFA vs Southeastern Louisiana Game Highlights

lionsrking2
November 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Highlights of the Lions 42-27 win over SFA this weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM-9cWB53ZM

BEAR
November 12th, 2012, 02:22 PM
That's one highlight film clip after another! Very impressive runs by your RBs. That pitch back was great! Scary thing to do but what a show those RBs put on! Exciting to watch that's for sure! Nice game Lions! xnodx

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Strawberry Stadium - home of the most bounce houses in FCS

BEAR
November 12th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Dang Rev...did the SFA defense just quit?! Wish you guys had played like that when we played you. Talk about holes in the D-line! Yikes. Injuries account for that or what? What gives? xpopcornx

BEAR
November 12th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Sorry. I missed that game. Went out of town this weekend so I haven't kept up.

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Dang Rev...did the SFA defense just quit?! Wish you guys had played like that when we played you. Talk about holes in the D-line! Yikes. Injuries account for that or what? What gives? xpopcornx

No clue. I didn't watch the game or follow it. I was camping in the middle of nowhere.

BEAR
November 12th, 2012, 03:07 PM
What was the name of the bar? xpeacex

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2012, 03:09 PM
What was the name of the bar? xpeacex

Ha. Penance for making my wife go to tailgates is that I had to go camping with her.

BEAR
November 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Nothing wrong with that. Keep the wife happy and life is good. xnodx

lionsrking2
November 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
That's one highlight film clip after another! Very impressive runs by your RBs. That pitch back was great! Scary thing to do but what a show those RBs put on! Exciting to watch that's for sure! Nice game Lions! xnodx

Both running backs are true freshmen ... Xavier Roberson (#1) was signed as a cornerback and didn't switch to offense until the week of the McNeese game ... Rasheed Harrell (#36) was originally going to greyshirt but we had a spot open up just prior to the start of camp ... the plan was still to redshirt him but we had so many injuries at running back that we had to play him starting in week six vs UAB ... they're both going to be great players for years to come.

lionsrking2
November 12th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Strawberry Stadium - home of the most bounce houses in FCS

That's probably a true statement ... a little something for everyone! :)

GeauxLions94
November 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM
That's probably a true statement ... a little something for everyone! :)

And don't forget about the longest "Touchdown Lions!" call in the history of college football. Our PA announcer also does the local high school that plays in the stadium and was timed at 10.5 seconds the night before ... I tried to duplicate it, but nearly passed out after about 8 ... I need to work on my stamina.

BEAR
November 12th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Both running backs are true freshmen ... Xavier Roberson (#1) was signed as a cornerback and didn't switch to offense until the week of the McNeese game ... Rasheed Harrell (#36) was originally going to greyshirt but we had a spot open up just prior to the start of camp ... the plan was still to redshirt him but we had so many injuries at running back that we had to play him starting in week six vs UAB ... they're both going to be great players for years to come.

NO doubt! No wonder you guys were high on your team before you faced us. UCA hasn't had a flashy running back duo like that since Leonard Caesar/Brent Grimes. But our best RBs were playing while we were in division II. I've got coworkers watching that highlight of your game now. Positives all around. xpeacex

GeauxLions94
November 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM

NO doubt! No wonder you guys were high on your team before you faced us. UCA hasn't had a flashy running back duo like that since Leonard Caesar/Brent Grimes. But our best RBs were playing while we were in division II. I've got coworkers watching that highlight of your game now. Positives all around. xpeacex

Take a look at the clip of the Houdini run by Harrell in the Northwestern State game (would have scored if Harrell hadn't Brad Wing'd it on the 10 going in) ... Harrell finally got his first official TD against SFA, but should have four total in four games (three called back by penalties).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-sy8rzSKw

Nickels
November 12th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I thought the fake punt return play was neat. I don't think I have ever seen that before. I couldn't tell on the SLC highlight if the actual return man was already back to receive the punt pre-snap or if he cheated back on the line a bit and ran all the way back to field it?

lionsrking2
November 12th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I thought the fake punt return play was neat. I don't think I have ever seen that before. I couldn't tell on the SLC highlight if the actual return man was already back to receive the punt pre-snap or if he cheated back on the line a bit and ran all the way back to field it?

He's lined up on the gunner and retreats out once the ball is snapped ... the return man runs in the opposite direction of the kick and acts like it's a moon shot still coming down ... of course you have to know which direction the punter is going to kick to run the play successfully ... we've done it twice this year, once for a 35 yard return vs McNeese and the TD vs SFA on Saturday ... it's funny watching the punt coverage team all run to one side of the field while the ball is being caught 25-30 yards away on the other side ... against McNeese, he actually fielded the ball like Willie Mays over his shoulder as he's running back ... against SFA, the ball bounced and he picked it up.

lionsrking2
November 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
And don't forget about the longest "Touchdown Lions!" call in the history of college football. Our PA announcer also does the local high school that plays in the stadium and was timed at 10.5 seconds the night before ... I tried to duplicate it, but nearly passed out after about 8 ... I need to work on my stamina.

I don't know how he does it ... I swear I don't! xbowx