PDA

View Full Version : Towson @ New Hampshire Game Thread

Mattymc727
November 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Must win game for both teams. On one hand, if UNH wins, they are CAA champs. If Towson wins, then both teams may be on the outside looking in, its been a wild year and looks to be a great playoff bracket. It all starts on Saturday....

I have mixed feelings, im always nervous when it comes to UNH just because the defense is so poor. As the offense goes, so does the team... However, its at home, coming off of a bye, CAA up for grabs, playoffs for a 9th straight year up for grabs, and even a chance for that 5th seed. Should be a great one.

Game is Saturday at noon on CSNNE for those in the northeast

TheGoldCrotchPiece
November 11th, 2012, 08:16 PM
GO TIGERS! if we win, still have a shot at back to back titles (with help). sadly if we lose and finish 6-5 we will still be better than 3/4 of the teams that make the playoffs. imo the weak conferences are getting way too much love this year. fun fact the top 6 caa teams dont have an occ fcs loss.

UNH Fanboi
November 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM
This match-up scares me. If Towson can put up 49 points against Nova, our defense could be in big trouble. I see either team winning by 7 points in a high-scoring game.

NHwildEcat
November 12th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Must win game for both teams. On one hand, if UNH wins, they are CAA champs. If Towson wins, then both teams may be on the outside looking in, its been a wild year and looks to be a great playoff bracket. It all starts on Saturday....

I have mixed feelings, im always nervous when it comes to UNH just because the defense is so poor. As the offense goes, so does the team... However, its at home, coming off of a bye, CAA up for grabs, playoffs for a 9th straight year up for grabs, and even a chance for that 5th seed. Should be a great one.

Game is Saturday at noon on CSNNE for those in the northeast

We are in either way. A win gets us in the talk of a seed, which would be real special.

Your worries about the defense are legit, but they have certainly come along way since the ODU game so I am more positive regarding them. I think it will be a great game, and I think we have the squad to pull it out and win our first league title!

The players can look at it this way, win and get another week off with another bye. Lose, and we gotta start thinking about playing on Thanksgiving weekend. It's always nicer to have that first weekend off!

Mattymc727
November 12th, 2012, 08:36 AM
We are in either way. A win gets us in the talk of a seed, which would be real special.

Your worries about the defense are legit, but they have certainly come along way since the ODU game so I am more positive regarding them. I think it will be a great game, and I think we have the squad to pull it out and win our first league title!

The players can look at it this way, win and get another week off with another bye. Lose, and we gotta start thinking about playing on Thanksgiving weekend. It's always nicer to have that first weekend off!

Im just curious as to who you have UNH in over at 8-3? How many CAA teams do you have in the playoffs? If UNH does lose, I dont see how we have a better resume then say a 9-2 ODU, 8-3 JMU, Nova, or even Towson (head to head loss)

WrenFGun
November 12th, 2012, 08:44 AM

I don't see a way we're definitively in with a loss. We'd have one good win and there's a lot of teams. Now, if a few teams feel to get to 8 DI wins, then perhaps in with a loss. It's funny ... I think we're either a seed or maybe out all-together pending one game. That probably shouldn't happen, but it's real tight.

Lehigh'98
November 12th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I realy hope UNH knocks these whining, sore losing f---s, out of the playoffs.

andy7171
November 12th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I realy hope UNH knocks these whining, sore losing f---s, out of the playoffs.

Any racial epithets thrown out on field in your loss to Colgate?

NHwildEcat
November 12th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Im just curious as to who you have UNH in over at 8-3? How many CAA teams do you have in the playoffs? If UNH does lose, I dont see how we have a better resume then say a 9-2 ODU, 8-3 JMU, Nova, or even Towson (head to head loss)

ODU is a lock. I would say we would make it over Towson simply based on the number of FCS wins. I see JMU getting in. And if it goes to 4 teams, the Nova also gets in. With so many teams in the 8 win range its fair for me to assume that the CAA will gain a boost from that. Of course the Lehigh situation may create one less spot for the CAA in the dance, but I think SBU may actually be the team that gets screwed on that front.

Also, based on history and how the selection committee views us and selects the field, I would think a UNH team with a loss to ODU and in this worse case scenario, Towson I see us in because of 8 wins and a share of the CAA crown.

Lehigh'98
November 12th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Any racial epithets thrown out on field in your loss to Colgate?

I wasn't there, but I've heard several reports that Lehigh fans were very gracious in defeat to Colgate fans and admitted they had been outplayed by the better team on the day. Much different than the scene played out last Dec.

andy7171
November 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Just wondering, was Colgate the first winning team Lehigh played this year?

Lehigh'98
November 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I believe Princeton & Liberty may have winning records. I'm not really defending them (still hoping they get in), Towson has played a much tougher schedule and would probably be more qualified for a bid if they win. I would love one more chance to make Ambrose coach show his true colors though. Maybe a play in game??

Mattymc727
November 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Looks like the game will not be broadcast live, but at 3:30 on Saturday on CSNNE. The Celtics take precedence at 12:30 I guess.

ITmonarch10
November 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Looks like the game will not be broadcast live, but at 3:30 on Saturday on CSNNE. The Celtics take precedence at 12:30 I guess.
Are you going to pretend like the game is not going on so you can see the delayed broadcast without spoilers.

LEHIGH61
November 12th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Any racial epithets thrown out on field in your loss to Colgate?GIVE IT UP! Put it to bed. THAT WHOLE THING WAS A FARSE.

But then again, you probably don't know much.

ITmonarch10
November 12th, 2012, 03:36 PM
ODU is a lock. I would say we would make it over Towson simply based on the number of FCS wins. I see JMU getting in. And if it goes to 4 teams, the Nova also gets in. With so many teams in the 8 win range its fair for me to assume that the CAA will gain a boost from that. Of course the Lehigh situation may create one less spot for the CAA in the dance, but I think SBU may actually be the team that gets screwed on that front.

Also, based on history and how the selection committee views us and selects the field, I would think a UNH team with a loss to ODU and in this worse case scenario, Towson I see us in because of 8 wins and a share of the CAA crown.
There are going to be possibly 4 teams sharing the CAA Crown. That doesn't mean ***** when our conference is down in the computers. If Towson wins and Nova Wins, Nova gets the AQ and are basically battling it out with Richmond, JMU, and Towson for might be one spot considering the rest of the field this year.

dwtime
November 12th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Nobody has easy games this week: Towson @ UNH, Nova @ Delaware (never an easy win ask Towson), ODU @ JMU, Richmond @ W & M (records don't matter, rivalry game). Anything could happen. JMU, Richmond and Nova will not get in with losses this week (someone like Nova may but only as the AQ if it works out that way) ODU in no matter what and if UNH loses? That would not be a good thing very much up in the air if the other mentioned teams (JMU, Nova, Richmond) win.

VUCats02
November 12th, 2012, 04:18 PM
UNH had the easiest schedule of all the CAA teams being considered for playoff spots. I would not want to be a UNH fan if UNH, Nova, Richmond, and JMU were all 8-3....

UNH Fanboi
November 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM
GIVE IT UP! Put it to bed. THAT WHOLE THING WAS A FARSE.

Getting reprimanded for using the n word in public is a farce? Welcome to 2012.

Mattymc727
November 12th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Are you going to pretend like the game is not going on so you can see the delayed broadcast without spoilers.

Fortunately Ill be at the game, and Ill be drunk, so It wont be as bad if we blow it and it will be that much more fun if we win!

Mattymc727
November 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I would think an 8-3 UNH gets in over a 10-1 Lehigh. If the committee takes 2 Patriot league teams (or 2 Big South for that matter), and only 3 CAA league teams, then they screwed up in my opinion.

Gordon Shumway
November 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM
This game definitely scares me. First and formost is because from what I have seen on TV, Towson is very good team and probably the hottest team in the CAA right now (incl. ODU). Second, I fear a loss here could very well end our longest in nation playoff streak at 8 years. I harbor no illusions of a championship this year, but I do want the streak to stay alive.

The most impressive player on Towson I have seen is the QB Enders. That guy is an animal. He just won't go down. I'm thinking this one could break a 100 again. 17213

andy7171
November 13th, 2012, 08:03 AM
GIVE IT UP! Put it to bed. THAT WHOLE THING WAS A FARSE.

xlolxxlolxxlolx

bluehenbillk
November 13th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hey Andy, I heard there was more West drama last week. Serious question, is Saturday his last game in a Towson uniform? We'd love to have him at UD....

NHwildEcat
November 13th, 2012, 09:36 AM

I know the game is being shown on other CSN stations around the country. Like CSN Bay Area. That should still be live right? I get that station with my sport pack, so if that is the case I can still catch in on TV live. Otherwise, the Celtics screwed up my Saturday plans.

NHwildEcat
November 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I would think an 8-3 UNH gets in over a 10-1 Lehigh. If the committee takes 2 Patriot league teams (or 2 Big South for that matter), and only 3 CAA league teams, then they screwed up in my opinion.

Agreed. That is why it is hard for me to see us sitting on the outside no matter the result on Saturday.

But I think we will win anyways and put our critics at bay as we earn that #5 seed and host the first weekend in December :)

UNH Fanboi
November 13th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I know the game is being shown on other CSN stations around the country. Like CSN Bay Area. That should still be live right? I get that station with my sport pack, so if that is the case I can still catch in on TV live. Otherwise, the Celtics screwed up my Saturday plans.

Not sure about the Bay Area, but its live on the mid-Atlantic. Also, if you can find a bar with directtv, it will be live on channel 642.

UNH Fanboi
November 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Agreed. That is why it is hard for me to see us sitting on the outside no matter the result on Saturday.

But I think we will win anyways and put our critics at bay as we earn that #5 seed and host the first weekend in December :)

We need ODU and one other team ahead of us to even have a shot at a 5 seed.

Mattymc727
November 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Is there a way for UNH to win the CAA outright with a loss on Saturday? I assume that would mean Villanova, JMU, and Richmond all losing too? What a crazy weekend that would be...

WrenFGun
November 13th, 2012, 09:59 AM
UNH had the easiest schedule of all the CAA teams being considered for playoff spots. I would not want to be a UNH fan if UNH, Nova, Richmond, and JMU were all 8-3....

Agree completely, though UNH is 1-0 against those 3 teams this year. :)

NHwildEcat
November 13th, 2012, 10:04 AM
We need ODU and one other team ahead of us to even have a shot at a 5 seed.

You keep being the pessimist, while I be the optimist. I have enough negative vibes with the NFL games, I am not going to have that outlook on my college team.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM

I've got a novel idea, come over to the Dungeon and watch the game live. Hempstead isn't too far from Durham.

bluehenbillk
November 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
It's being shown live on CSN Philly, I'll be busy tailgating in Newark though & won't see it :(

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 13th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Is there a way for UNH to win the CAA outright with a loss on Saturday? I assume that would mean Villanova, JMU, and Richmond all losing too? What a crazy weekend that would be...

I don't think so. If everybody lost, then aren't ODU, Towson and UNH tied at 6-2? We'd have lost to both so wouldn't Towson get the AQ in that scenario? If I recall the thread that a ODU poster started, UNH doesn't win any of the tiebreakers and he analyzed well over half a dozen scenarios.

The message for 2012 is not to put things in the committee's hands! Beat Towson and we're safely in!!

Another way to look at things is what has happened in the past couple of weeks. I'm not banking on history this season when we elected an incumbent president with this high of an unemployment rate for the first time and when for the first time ever a fricking hurricane took a left turn in the Atlantic Ocean and headed west into NJ. JMHO, but history is out the window this fall.

NHwildEcat
November 13th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I've got a novel idea, come over to the Dungeon and watch the game live. Hempstead isn't too far from Durham.

I'm in Hooksett, but the point being I can't make it to Durham this weekend so I was banking on watching the game on TV. Now, I'll just listen to the radio.

andy7171
November 13th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hey Andy, I heard there was more West drama last week. Serious question, is Saturday his last game in a Towson uniform? We'd love to have him at UD....

It was senior day and the senior running back had a career day with 7 carries for 180 yards. West only had 6 carries. I have heard conflicting stories about how he acted on the sideline.

Not sure what to think.

NHwildEcat
November 14th, 2012, 07:45 AM

I've changed my weekend plans and will be making the trip to Durham for the game!

UNH72Plus
November 14th, 2012, 01:17 PM
For what it's worth, here's some statistical ranking comparisons:
Rushing Offense - UNH 12th - TU 16th
Rushing Defense - UNH 40th - TU 31st
Passing Offense - UNH 29th - TU 62nd
Passing Defense - UNH 101 - TU 22nd
Scoring Offense - UNH 11th - TU 45th
Scoring Defense - UNH 63rd - TU 55th
Turnover Margin - UNH 7th - TU 101

Looking at these data, the two things seem to jump out - can Towson shut down our passing attack and can UNH's D win the turnover battle?

URMite
November 14th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Agree completely, though UNH is 1-0 against those 3 teams this year. :)
Hush! :o

NHwildEcat
November 14th, 2012, 03:13 PM
UNH can get in even with a loss. Could be argued the odds are in their favor as the most scenario's posed lead to a UNH auto-bid. Check out the CAA Blog: http://www.caafootballblog.com/

TSU86
November 14th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Cannot wait ...... GO TIGERS !!!!!
Unfortunately, I have to watch on a delayed basis. I've done that the last 2 away games, and it worked ok.
Daughter is in the Md band, and I'm going to watch them get friggin slaughtered by Fla State.
Last time I saw her, we parted ways after the Md game, and i said " gotta go watch some MEANINGFUL football now"

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I've changed my weekend plans and will be making the trip to Durham for the game!

Sorry I wonked on Hooksett, but there really isn't much difference mileage wise between Hooksett and Hempstead. ;) Glad to hear you changed you plans because we need a big crowd. I hope every person who considers themselves a fan comes to the Dungeon on Saturday. Even if you have to stand for the entire game!

UNHWILDCATS05
November 15th, 2012, 03:27 PM
http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?123166-Official-Release-JORDAN-DANGERFIELD-SUSPENDED-BY-CAA-FOR-REGULAR-SEASON-FINALE

Mr. C
November 15th, 2012, 03:59 PM
http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?123166-Official-Release-JORDAN-DANGERFIELD-SUSPENDED-BY-CAA-FOR-REGULAR-SEASON-FINALE

You might actually want to tell people what this link says, rather than posting a blind link.

I just got an email from the CAA that Jordan Dangerfield is suspended for the UNH game for what the CAA deemed inappropriate hits against Rhode Island. Kind of late in the week to announce something like this.

TSU86
November 15th, 2012, 05:56 PM
You might actually want to tell people what this link says, rather than posting a blind link.

I just got an email from the CAA that Jordan Dangerfield is suspended for the UNH game for what the CAA deemed inappropriate hits against Rhode Island. Kind of late in the week to announce something like this.

Roger Goodell sucks ...... er ..... ooops. Bad habit of mine

Gordon Shumway
November 15th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Without getting into the why's or when's, I have to say that Jordan Dangerfield is an uncannily appropriate name for a Safety. 17234

LehighU11
November 15th, 2012, 06:16 PM
As if this season couldn't get any more ironic for Towson. First their stupid "#upROAR" twitter nonsense painted on their turf followed by all of the uproar over T West's tweets, and now one of their key players is suspended for the most important game of the season. Sounds awfully familiar to a certain situation a team encountered last year in the playoffs. I think it was after that team sent home all of the classless bandwagon Towson students back to their dorms stunned...

Anovafan
November 16th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Total rumor (but this is a message board after all) that West is definitely not playing on Sat. Does anyone know if he made the trip to UNH?

Mattymc727
November 16th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Total rumor (but this is a message board after all) that West is definitely not playing on Sat. Does anyone know if he made the trip to UNH?

Really? Where did you hear that?

ccd494
November 17th, 2012, 11:10 AM
That didn't take long.

VUCats02
November 17th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Terrence West is going to be successful in the NFL imo. He is just a beast. If Towson does somehow sneak in the playoffs I would not want to play them.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 17th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Did Towson really just convert a 4th and 8?

Mattymc727
November 17th, 2012, 12:12 PM
At the game.....unh defense is piss piss poor. I cant even comprehend how the coaching staff puts that d on the field every game. Unh turnover, could be game folks, could be season

Mattymc727
November 17th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Holy ****

ITmonarch10
November 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
UNH is trying to lose this game now. UHN defense is actually looking worse than ODU's right now.

superman7515
November 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Wow. UNH defense...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4EerqK-W3XM/T7ba8j_XNFI/AAAAAAAAEqM/PrlWJS-wVB8/s1600/charles-barkley-breaks-club.jpg

VUCats02
November 17th, 2012, 12:16 PM
UNH defense is just atrocious. Towson is looking incredibly scary right now. If they blow out UNH on the last day of the season, it will be tough to keep them out of the playoffs....

VUCats02
November 17th, 2012, 12:22 PM
UNH with a very impressive drive to keep the game in check. This game similar to the ODU - UNH game

VUCats02
November 17th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Is anybody watching this game on CSN? Who are these announcers??? Whoever they are, they are very hyper but I kinda like them. Making the game even more interesting than it is.

VUCats02
November 17th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Wowwwwwwwww. Blocked FG returned for a TD to end the half. Wowwwwwww is all I can say right now...

ITmonarch10
November 17th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Really, Did that just happen. A blocked FG as time expired for a TD.

Mattymc727
November 17th, 2012, 12:37 PM
That was the most amazing play ive ever seen

TUTigers
November 17th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Towson outplaying UNH except for special teams. Should be an exciting 2nd half. Someone asked about commentators. The play-by-play guy Joe Beninati is the voice of the Capitals. w/o hockey i guess he is doing college football

Mattymc727
November 17th, 2012, 01:21 PM
All unh can really hope for is for towson to mess up

TUTigers
November 17th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Towson - 43
UNH - 28

1:30 left in 3rd

T-West in beast mode once again. On a side note, both of our schools need kickers

VUCats02
November 17th, 2012, 01:27 PM
The adjustments that Towson makes at halftime (not only in this game, but all season) has really impressed me.

theasushow
November 17th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Will Towson replace UNH in the playoffs with a win?

ITmonarch10
November 17th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Will Towson replace UNH in the playoffs with a win?

I think you need Nova to lose to.

theasushow
November 17th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I think you need Nova to lose to.

In order for Towson to get in? or just for UNH to be eliminated? or both lol

theasushow
November 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
50-28 Towson. OUCH

TUTigers
November 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
We need JMU and/or Richmond to lose. We own the head to head against Nova and now its looks like UNH.

West with 236 yds rushing

VUCats02
November 17th, 2012, 01:49 PM
57-28 - Here we go.....The madness to this Saturday has officially started.

Sam_Kats
November 17th, 2012, 01:49 PM
West just GOT OFF

TUTigers
November 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Towson - 64
UNH - 35

The CAA autobid is now down to some crazy math

DoubleH
November 17th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Props to my Tigers for blowing the doors off UNH. I think we're in the postseason regardless of who gets the CAA autobid. 7-2 against FCS opponents, with the losses to JMU (by 3) and ODU, plus wins over UNH and 'Nova, is a pretty solid resume.

ITmonarch10
November 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Props to my Tigers for blowing the doors off UNH. I think we're in the postseason regardless of who gets the CAA autobid. 7-2 against FCS opponents, with the losses to JMU (by 3) and ODU, plus wins over UNH and 'Nova, is a pretty solid resume.

I guess your hoping for a ODU victory and a Nova loss the most XD.