BYE v. Georgia State

WrenFGun
November 11th, 2012, 10:14 AM
UNH (I hope!)
URI
W&M
UD
ODU

Going a bit contrarian, but I think ALL whole teams may win. URI because they'll do everything they can to avoid the 0-fer. W&M has been close in every game this season, I think they finally get one. UD/'Nova is a fight every year. JMU is fighting for their playoff lives, but I don't think they can score enough to hang with ODU.

I don't see any way that Ga. State can handle Bye.

ITmonarch10
November 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
UNH (I hope!)
URI
W&M
UD
ODU

Going a bit contrarian, but I think ALL whole teams may win. URI because they'll do everything they can to avoid the 0-fer. W&M has been close in every game this season, I think they finally get one. UD/'Nova is a fight every year. JMU is fighting for their playoff lives, but I don't think they can score enough to hang with ODU.

I hope that happens so we don't have any drama when the playoff selections happen.

kdinva
November 11th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Towson 28 @ New Hampshire 34
Maine 27 @ Rhode Island 7
Richmond 26 @ William & Mary 21
Villanova 20 @ Delaware 18
Old Dominion 35 @ James Madison 27

ODU Oldtimer
November 11th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Saturday, November 17

Towson 31 @ New Hampshire 38
Maine 35 @ Rhode Island 21
Richmond 24 @ William & Mary 21
Villanova 28 @ Delaware 24
Old Dominion 35 @ James Madison 31

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 11th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Towson in a nailbiter.
Maine by a lot.
Villanova by 2 scores.
ODU in a late rally.

VUCats02
November 11th, 2012, 09:30 PM
What is the tiebreaker for the Autobid if Nova Richmond UNH and JMU were all to tie?

VUCats02
November 11th, 2012, 09:32 PM
What is the tiebreaker for the Autobid if Nova Richmond UNH and JMU were all to tie?

Nevermind. There's another thread about this haha. Going there!

HailSzczur
November 11th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Towson @ New Hampshire....To set Nova up for the auto bid
Maine @ Rhode Island. Rhody completes to 0-fer
Richmond @ William & Mary
Villanova @ Delaware....close game, but Nova pulls away in the 4th Quarter and wins by 2 scores
Old Dominion @ James Madison.....completes the road team sweep and wins a hypothetical CAA title

ccd494
November 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
URI

URI because they'll do everything they can to avoid the 0-fer.

This seems as crazy to me as the people picking GA State last week (that is an AWFUL football team, by the way).

Maine has kind of been the "gatekeeper" in the CAA this year... loses to UNH, JMU, Nova, Towson (playoff contenders). Wins over Delaware, W&M, GSU (non-contenders). It seems like Maine falls into that role quite often in the league.

JMUNJ08
November 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Towson 38 @ New Hampshire 34
Maine 31 @ Rhode Island 5
Richmond 27 @ William & Mary 26
Villanova 30 @ Delaware 17
Old Dominion 27 @ James Madison 28
BYE 2 v. Georgia State 0

Crossing my fingers for 1 team to win @ home this weekend...

bluehenbillk
November 14th, 2012, 12:30 PM
UNH 34 TU 24 - The West mess catches up to TU - UNH locks up a bye, maybe a seed?
UM 37 URI 17 - Completes a miserable season for the Rams
UR 24 W&M 14 - Spiders complete turnaround season with a postseason earning win
UD 27 VU 21 - Hens run D forces VU to throw more than they want - Cats playoff hopes die
ODU 26 JMU 24 - Entertaining, but not ODU-like high scoring, Monarchs clinch a seed

I-16Bandit
November 14th, 2012, 02:51 PM
BYE v. Georgia State

BYE 2 v. Georgia State 0

Hahaha. You guys are great.

NHwildEcat
November 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM
UNH
Maine
W & M
UD
JMU
BYE

ODUalum78
November 15th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Towson @ UNH 27-31 UNH at home, looking for the CAA AQ. Towson has looked good at times, but this year West has not impressed.

Maine @ URI 34-10 Move along. Nothing to see here.

Richmond @ W&M 27-21 Tough call here. The Tribe is by far better than it's record would indicate. UR playing for possible playoff spot has more reason play with abandon.

'Nova @ UD 28- 17 Hens are just too banged up; especially without Pierce.

ODU @ JMU 34-24 A lot of unknowns here as far as the JMU offense.
*Will Thourogood start? He is a true dual threat, but likely it would be a huge a gamble wasting a redshirt and starting a young untested QB with little or no playing time. Probably not.
*Miraculous recovery by Birdsong? Even if true, he is inexperienced and subject to lapses. Probably not.
*Triple Option? Not in just a week. Definitely not.

Thorpe represents the best chance vs ODU because of our weakness against options and running QBs. Additionally, don't rule out the Wildcat with Scott taking snaps as well.

ODU's recent successes running the ball adds another dimension to the Monarch offense. JMU will need to score frequently to make this competitive.

Mattymc727
November 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Is it Saturday yet? I cant even concentrate at work

tribefan40
November 15th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Thorpe represents the best chance vs ODU because of our weakness against options and running QBs. Additionally, don't rule out the Wildcat with Scott taking snaps as well.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of this, a la the W&M game in 2010.

Tuscon
November 15th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I'm gonna miss you guys.

ODUalum78
November 15th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Towson @ UNH 27-31 UNH at home, looking for the CAA AQ. Towson has looked good at times, but this year West has not impressed.

Maine @ URI 34-10 Move along. Nothing to see here.

Richmond @ W&M 27-21 Tough call here. The Tribe is by far better than it's record would indicate. UR playing for possible playoff spot has more reason play with abandon.

'Nova @ UD 28- 17 Hens are just too banged up; especially without Pierce.

ODU @ JMU 34-24 A lot of unknowns here as far as the JMU offense.
*Will Thourogood start? He is a true dual threat, but likely it would be a huge a gamble wasting a redshirt and starting a young untested QB with little or no playing time. Probably not.
*Miraculous recovery by Birdsong? Even if true, he is inexperienced and subject to lapses. Probably not.
*Triple Option? Not in just a week. Definitely not.

ODU's recent successes running the ball adds another dimension to the Monarch offense. JMU will need to score frequently to make this competitive.

****BREAKING****
Towson pre-season All-American free safety Jordan Dangerfield was suspended by the CAA for the UNH game.

This is a huge hit to the Tiger defense.
I think it's worth at least TD. UNH 38, Towson 27

bluehenbillk
November 15th, 2012, 04:01 PM
****BREAKING****
Towson pre-season All-American free safety Jordan Dangerfield was suspended by the CAA for the UNH game.

I'll say this - it sucks to start this precedent for the last conference game of the year, but I've thought back to threads we had last season that the CAA should've been more proactive in suspending players. There was a guy for UMass that got tossed lost year & the team, not the league suspended him for the next game. DJ Bryant from JMU? No need to go through his laundry list & the league never came down on him.

The CAA may be the last power league to jump onto this wagon, I think the Big Sky has doled out a good number of player suspensions this year.

I-16Bandit
November 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I'm gonna miss you guys.

I'm closer than you might think.

VUCats02
November 15th, 2012, 08:09 PM
****BREAKING****

CAA trying everything in its power to not have a messy tiebreaker for the auto-bid....watch for a random terrence west suspension to follow

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 15th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Towson 45 @ New Hampshire 48 (OT). TU in some disarray. UNH responds in cardiac-cat fashion to challenge at home.
Maine 38 @ Rhode Island 10. For Maine, can't wait 'til next year. For URI, can wait, ...
Richmond 24 @ William & Mary 21. Richmond prevails, adding to playoff confusion.
Villanova 37 @ Delaware 17. UD hits the skids in season finale of a disappointing campaign.
Old Dominion 34 @ James Madison 31 (OT). Barnburner, but ODU sets sail for FBS on a high, playoff note.

Tuscon
November 16th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I'm closer than you might think.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeper.

asumike83
November 16th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Towson @ New Hampshire: Very close game, UNH in a nail-biter.
Maine @ Rhode Island: Not even close. URI may be fired up but emotion can only do so much for a team who lost by 34 to 1-10 Georgia State.
Richmond @ William & Mary: In-state rivalry game, UR gets the win late and locks up a bid.
Villanova @ Delaware: Picking the upset, Hens finally come out on the right end of a close one. If Nova wins, they replace Wofford as an at-large.
Old Dominion @ James Madison: I like ODU in a close one. Monarchs sew up a seed, JMU is on the outside looking in.