PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 11

superman7515
November 10th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Well, the Cal Poly game doesn't even start for another 30 minutes, but everyone else is done playing so in order to help you (and myself) get a jump on a ballot after all the turmoil this week in the Patriot, Big South, and things still tight in the NEC ... I'm posting this early. I'll update the Cal Poly score once the game is over, but that probably won't be until around midnight Eastern, so I'm just going to get my ballot filled out and then slot Cal Poly in where appropriate so I can get my voting out of the way early. Since I know I'll need some extra time, thought you guys might like it as well.

Remember that if you see any errors, please speak up by sending me a PM or leaving a note here because I've found that ESPN isn't always the greatest with getting FCS scores correct. Also, just a reminder that as long as you see *** next to Sagarin SOS, that is the ranking for last week. He won't update until Sunday, so once they come down, the SOS has been updated. It's not the be all, end all for rankings, but just one more tool for your belt and as always thank you for making this the #1 resource used for helping out with AGS ballots.

AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 11 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdHczZWgtSWE2R0FkS0ZhUDhIZTY1a 2c)

BEAR
November 10th, 2012, 07:52 PM
So does UCA fall in the polls/rankings because they had a bye? xlolx

theasushow
November 10th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Cal-Poly needs to be eliminated from the top 25 so I dont have to wait until like 1am to set my poll.

Sammy94
November 10th, 2012, 07:58 PM
UCA should move up with N.Az, Stony, and JMU losing.

superman7515
November 10th, 2012, 07:59 PM
It depends on how impressive they looked against them. You've got to remember, New Hampshire faced BYE earlier in the day and Sacramento State had no trouble with them in the late game. If Central Arkansas looked like they had more difficulty than the rest, you could see them drop right out.

Maybe this will help...

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-TdGgpVx0AjE/T5XjCnlmxhI/AAAAAAAAocA/rHtL3n8-WqM/s576/NCA-2012-SmallCoed1-CentralArk-02.JPG

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM
UCA should move up with N.Az, Stony, and JMU losing..

Agree. UCA is a damn good team.

Wallace
November 10th, 2012, 08:12 PM
... Sagarin SOS, that is the ranking for last week. He won't update until Sunday, so once they come down, the SOS has been updated. It's not the be all, end all for rankings, but just one more tool for your belt...

You're right, Sagarin is not the "be all, end all for rankings", and for the FCS it is invalid. It doesn't measure non-D-I teams, he treats them all the same. If you want to use only one computer rating for strength of schedule it is generally accepted that Massey's is the one to use.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf&yr=2012&sub=11605

superman7515
November 10th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Well luckily FCS teams are D1 teams, so maybe you should watch some more football.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Supe, look in your PM soon, I'll get those recap pages for you

Wallace
November 10th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Well luckily FCS teams are D1 teams, so maybe you should watch some more football.

Unfortunately FCS teams play non-D-I teams so maybe you should watch some more football and learn what computer ratings are supposed to measure. xcoffeex

BEAR
November 10th, 2012, 08:28 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-TdGgpVx0AjE/T5XjCnlmxhI/AAAAAAAAocA/rHtL3n8-WqM/s576/NCA-2012-SmallCoed1-CentralArk-02.JPG

CONWAY, Ark. _ The University of Central Arkansas small coed cheer team won a national championship recently at the NCA/NDA Nationals in Daytona Beach, Fla.,

Let's see...that's a women's basketball conference championship, yet another women's volleyball conference championship..and a cheerleading national championship....now if we could get the other guys teams to be as successful as the women's sports! xlolx Not bad for a school from the D2 ranks just a half decade ago!

proasu89
November 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM

Oh Snap!

proasu89
November 10th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Unfortunately FCS teams play non-D-I teams so maybe you should watch some more football and learn what computer ratings are supposed to measure. xcoffeex

Oh Snap Back!

superman7515
November 10th, 2012, 08:41 PM
And this just in... Breaking news from the How They Fared thread... We have worked out some details with College Sports Journal (thank you to Lehigh Football Nation) to partner with them to bring you box scores and recaps from the Top 25. Look for some additions this week and hopefully next week the How They Fared thread will come out early and you can follow the scores live from here.

MR. CHICKEN
November 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Cal-Poly needs to be eliminated from the top 25 so I dont have to wait until like 1am to set my poll.

CAL POLY IS WINNIN'......28-0.....END O' 1ST Q..............SURE TA CLIMB UH SPOT...O' TWO.....BRAWK/OBAMA/BIDEN!

MR. CHICKEN
November 10th, 2012, 09:40 PM
42-7....DUH POLY-ESTERS........HALF...........BENGALS....R...PAPER TIGERS......xbeerchugx...AWK!

DAT RIGHT...DUH BIRD......IS.........xbeerchugx......DOODLE-DOO!

WILL NEED LOTS UH......................xcoffeex..........IN DUH AM.........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 10th, 2012, 09:45 PM
17209..........ONE BAR COLD....2 BARS..SUPER COLD........STUDYIN'...FO' DUH BAR EXAM.....xbeerchugx....AWK!

ASEA....IN MAH PONTOON.......DON'T DRINK IT...IFIN' DUH MOUNTAINS......AIN'T BLUE!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Don't forget the Top 25 scores and recaps of all the games are here:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/fcs-information-center/this-week-in-fcs/top-25-scoreboard

Screamin_Eagle174
November 10th, 2012, 10:06 PM
42-7....DUH POLY-ESTERS........HALF...........BENGALS....R...PAPER TIGERS......xbeerchugx...AWK!

DAT RIGHT...DUH BIRD......IS.........xbeerchugx......DOODLE-DOO!

WILL NEED LOTS UH......................xcoffeex..........IN DUH AM.........BRAWK!

Yeah, but everybody does that to ISU. CP's offense and ISU's defense both average 300+ yards rushing per game. Also, ISU has been giving up 50+ consistently. This will be a bloodbath.

MR. CHICKEN
November 10th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah, but everybody does that to ISU. CP's offense and ISU's defense both average 300+ yards rushing per game. Also, ISU has been giving up 50+ consistently. This will be a bloodbath.

JES' PHONIN' IN ...DUH UPDATES....WELL AWARE....DUH BENGALS....R...DUH....NEW COLUMBIA'S/PRARIE VIEW'S/RHODE ISLAND'S/DOORMATS!!

MR. CHICKEN
November 10th, 2012, 10:21 PM
IDAHO STATE........14
CAL PIE.................42

MR. CHICKEN
November 10th, 2012, 10:23 PM
LATER LADS........SNL.......'BOUT TA C'MON........BUK...BUK.....BRAWK!

superman7515
November 10th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Updated for the Cal Poly score.

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2012, 07:16 AM

Jacked_Rabbit
November 11th, 2012, 09:16 AM
What happens to SDSU in the polls after losing to the #1 ranked team by only 3 on the road?

UNH Fanboi
November 11th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Sagarin's exclusion of non-D1 games is virtually menaingless. Which teams' rankings do you think would be drastically different if non-D2 games were included?

Wallace
November 11th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Sagarin's exclusion of non-D1 games is virtually menaingless. Which teams' rankings do you think would be drastically different if non-D2 games were included?

Virtually every team and opponent of a team that plays a non-D-I squad are affected.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I know for a fact, since I talked about it with PL people yesterday, that D-II games are considered as a part of the selection situation, and not in the way you think. A win against a solid D-II will be play in the chamber.

While different Sag ratings are used for tiebreakers, it's far from clear how much sway it has in the chamber when the doors are closed.

Wallace
November 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
A win against a solid D-II will be play in the chamber.
And Sagarin treats it the same if it is against the very weakest NAIA team. Hence the problem with his ratings.

While different Sag ratings are used for tiebreakers, it's far from clear how much sway it has in the chamber when the doors are closed.
It is not unclear. The NCAA officially does not accept Sagarin because he does not rate all opponents of FCS teams.

ngineer
November 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM
It depends on how impressive they looked against them. You've got to remember, New Hampshire faced BYE earlier in the day and Sacramento State had no trouble with them in the late game. If Central Arkansas looked like they had more difficulty than the rest, you could see them drop right out.

Maybe this will help...

OK, I'll "split the difference.." (;-)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks again supe, invaluable tool.

Twentysix
November 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Superman you have the CP EWU game counted as a conference matchup. It was OOC. EWU is 6-1 in conf. SLO is also 6-1.

This is an error on ESPN's part.

superman7515
November 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Superman you have the CP EWU game counted as a conference matchup. It was OOC. EWU is 6-1 in conf. SLO is also 6-1.

This is an error on ESPN's part.

Thanks bud, changing it right now.

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2012, 10:28 PM
BUMP

asumike83
November 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to superman7515 again.

Bump for all the other last-minute voters.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2012, 09:32 AM
This one was not easy.

crusader11
November 12th, 2012, 10:48 AM
This one was not easy.

I know, it wasn't. Do you rank Lehigh or not? xlolx

superman7515
November 12th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I know, it wasn't. Do you rank Lehigh or not? xlolx

Should find out in a few minutes.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Lehigh #1 xlolx

crusader11
November 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
FWIW, had Colgate at #18, and Lehigh #22.

Colgate was in my poll last week, as well. Their offense is so unique in how it chews up so much time (it is, essentially, their defense in a sense, if that makes sense), that they could make for a tough game in the first round. Gavin McCarney is one tough football player. Love watching him play.