PDA

View Full Version : Where would an 8-3 Georgia Southern team be in the playoffs?

GSU Eagle
November 10th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I am assuming a loss to Georgia in the last game next Sat which would leave the Eagles at 8-3, 6-2 in SoCon in a 3 way tie for 1st with Appalachian and Wofford.

Where should the Eagles fall in the playoff structure-- Left out entirely, playing in 1st round, home in 2nd round, seeded????

frozennorth
November 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM
home 2nd most likely

ITmonarch10
November 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
home 2nd most likely

Agreed

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Some on here would tell you to beat Georgia & you MAY get a seed xrolleyesx

proasu89
November 10th, 2012, 07:37 PM

Beat UGA and they get a bye to the semis!

theasushow
November 10th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I think GSU and ASU each have a very outside shot at a seed, with both teams playing a 2nd round home game. (regardless of seed)

MSUBobcat
November 10th, 2012, 07:56 PM

You aren't trying to equate an OT win over 1 win New Mexico from the MWC with beating an 8-1 Georgia team from the SEC are you??? xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

Not saying Sam didn't deserve a seed last year but 1 is not equal to the other in any way, shape or form.

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Not at all - I'm equating some on this board saying Sam beating Texas A&M (a team who just knocked off Bama in Tuscaloosa) as the only way they get seeded. What would FCS like us to do against the Aggies?

james_lawfirm
November 10th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I am assuming a loss to Georgia in the last game next Sat which would leave the Eagles at 8-3, 6-2 in SoCon in a 3 way tie for 1st with Appalachian and Wofford.

Where should the Eagles fall in the playoff structure-- Left out entirely, playing in 1st round, home in 2nd round, seeded????

1st point: I hope you beat Georgia!! Not likely, but possible. If you do, GaSo is number one seed. Period.

2nd: Even if GaSo gets hammered by UGA and does not get the AQ, no way GaSo is not in playoffs. Might possibly have to play in 1st round, but should not have to. Whether GaSo is home or not depends not on GaSo's rank, but on its bid to host to the NCAA. Surely they will bid enough to host through 2nd round.

MSUBobcat
November 10th, 2012, 08:04 PM
By losing to UCA, SHSU very likely scheduled themselves out of a seed. Still a week to play and it seems top teams lose each week, but it would be hard to take an 8-3 team with a DII win as a seed. xtwocentsx Make a game of it w/ A&M and we'll talk.

In fact, many teams with an 8-3 record that includes a D-II win and no AQ should likely be very worried, especially w/ Lehigh losing today.

GlassOnion
November 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Wofford at Georgia Southern, second round.

Wallace
November 10th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Left out entirely or playing at home in 2nd round given your choices.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM
What I predict...first round bye with first round game at home. A win in the first round sets up a probable matchup @ ODU.

walliver
November 10th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Home games, other than those against seeding teams, are determined by money - that's NCAA policy. GSU and ASU will play home games. I doubt either team plays in the first round, and will likely not be matched against a seed. Wofford will play a first round game, probably at least 1000 miles away,

GSUEagles#1
November 10th, 2012, 09:21 PM

No! A. They lost to GA Southern and B. There is NO way they would bid higher!

walliver
November 10th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Except for last year.:D

Unfortunately, Sam Baker "retired"xbawlingx

GSUEagles#1
November 10th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Except for last year.:D

Unfortunately, Sam Baker "retired"xbawlingx

You mean 2010...... Last year we were seeded.

GlassOnion
November 10th, 2012, 09:37 PM

Thats a home game for GSU...

walliver
November 10th, 2012, 09:38 PM
You mean 2010...... Last year we were seeded.

Yeah, I keep trying to put our last play-off game out of mind.

GSUEagles#1
November 10th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Thats a home game for GSU...

Weird..... When I first read it, that was written backwards unless it was edited between when I read it and when I replied with quote..... Oh well.. haha

GlassOnion
November 10th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Weird..... When I first read it, that was written backwards unless it was edited between when I read it and when I replied with quote..... Oh well.. haha

Nope. Its exactly how it went up. Perhaps a premonition on your part? xlolx The committee does owe Woffy one for a past "woffing."

Also, Charlie Cobb may forget to assemble, notarize and submit GSU's bid for them... again.

eaglewraith
November 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I keep trying to put our last play-off game out of mind.

That game was epic.

seantaylor
November 11th, 2012, 12:34 AM
I think we get a seed. Should be ranked number 5 this week, and with some help next week, first two games at home.

Unbison
November 11th, 2012, 04:13 AM
where is that lakesbison guy he always has all the answers

eaglewraith
November 11th, 2012, 07:34 AM
I think we get a seed. Should be ranked number 5 this week, and with some help next week, first two games at home.

Unfortunately a number 5 would put us in NDSU's bracket again.

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2012, 08:24 AM
What would FCS like us to do against the Aggies? keep it close so Lou Holtz has to ask Sammy who knew?