PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Sam's work in the FCS is done. Required 7 wins. They did that. Convincingly, I would say. Again, only blemish in FCS - a last second loss to Top 10 UCA, 24-20 at their place.

You can argue all you want about 8 wins vs 7....whatever. This Sam team deserves a seed. We'll visit what's already one of the toughest places to play in the country in Kyle Field to end the season, and the Aggies just knocked off the 'unbeatable' Crimson Tide AT THEIR PLACE. What does the committee want to see from Sam to secure a seed.

Here's what I see:

ODU squeaks by a 2-8 W&M squad. Lehigh falls to Colgate. JMU gets rollled. Wofford squeaks by a 5-5 Chatt team. App St barely beats 3-7 Furman. Stony Brook falls to 5-5 Liberty.

NDSU is in the driver seat. MSU is behind them barring a loss to the struggling Griz. Question is - who are the seeds now??

IBleedYellow
November 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM
NDSU may be in the drivers seats, but a team with any good defense can shut our offense down.

I'm not going to talk about our defense. But our offense is not so hot, to put it bluntly right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TheBisonator
November 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM
7 wins and you're demanding a seed??? Am I high right now???

ITmonarch10
November 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Sam's work in the FCS is done. Required 7 wins. They did that. Convincingly, I would say. Again, only blemish in FCS - a last second loss to Top 10 UCA, 24-20 at their place.

You can argue all you want about 8 wins vs 7....whatever. This Sam team deserves a seed. We'll visit what's already one of the toughest places to play in the country in Kyle Field to end the season, and the Aggies just knocked off the 'unbeatable' Crimson Tide AT THEIR PLACE. What does the committee want to see from Sam to secure a seed.

Here's what I see:

ODU squeaks by a 2-8 W&M squad. Lehigh falls to Colgate. JMU gets rollled. Wofford squeaks by a 5-5 Chatt team. App St barely beats 3-7 Furman. Stony Brook falls to 5-5 Liberty.

NDSU is in the driver seat. MSU is behind them barring a loss to the struggling Griz. Question is - who are the seeds now??

No ****ing clue really ,but my guess is

ODU needs help to get a #1 or 2# seed but a win next week will get us a 3-5 seed
NDSU is in the driver seat for a #1 or 2 seed and even with a loss at the end of the season they could end up a 5 seed
EWU should get the #2 Seed by virtue or head to head with Montana St
Montana St should get the #3 seed
Sam Houston actually has a great shot at getting a seed now that NAU has loss.

Assuming those team win out next week
It will be NDSU,EWU,Mt St, ODU, and Sam Houston battling for the seeded positions.

* Also, since when does winning by 10 points = squeaker.

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Just conversation, Bisonator. Unwad the panties. Just an observation of who's left to grab a seed. Again, 7 wins....8 wins....whatever. Committeee requires 7, we're there. Only slip up is a last second fade against a top 10 UCA. Is the point to seed the best 5 teams???

timmcd_123
November 10th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Just got home from Lehigh Colgate.....now thinking the exact same thing after seeing scores today. This will be a truly crazy field of 20. Expect the unexpected with the committee. Not trying to toot my own horn at all here, but here's the game recap if anyone cares. -http://sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle_mcdonnell/archive/mcdonnell_11_10_12.htm

I know this is all over threads, but will a possible 10-1 team be left out? - I say no

dudeitsaid
November 10th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I don't know if SHSU will get a seed, based on the fact their will be several teams with better records. If the committee debates even a fraction as much the merits of 8 D1 wins vs 7 D1 wins, probably not. But there is no doubt the BearKats are hot right now, and no way in heck should they be left out even with 7 D1 wins. Don't know if any other 7 D1 team out there should get in, but definitely you guys. You're on a roll!

SeattleGriz
November 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Just conversation, Bisonator. Unwad the panties. Just an observation of who's left to grab a seed. Again, 7 wins....8 wins....whatever. Committeee requires 7, we're there. Only slip up is a last second fade against a top 10 UCA. Is the point to seed the best 5 teams???

While one cannot argue that SHSU is legit, the Southland is still very weak, and that doesn't help your chances. Of course I am not the committee and could easily see you guys get a #4 or #5 seed and would feel that was justified.

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Definitely a scrambled piece of chaos this year. Should be fun

frozennorth
November 10th, 2012, 07:16 PM
beat a&m

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 07:18 PM
beat a&m

Ha. Really? A team who just knocked off the #1 team, defending Nat'l Champion @ their place? Give me a break.

Sammy94
November 10th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Does anyone think with ODU moving out of FCS next year that may effect their seed chances from the committee?

frozennorth
November 10th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Ha. Really? A team who just knocked off the #1 team, defending Nat'l Champion @ their place? Give me a break.

have faith. they won't see you coming after tonight

DJnva
November 10th, 2012, 07:27 PM

Here's what I see:

ODU wins next week at JMU they're seeded. They may have squeaked by W&M, but that W&M team has 6 losses by a total of 21 points.

ITmonarch10
November 10th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Does anyone think with ODU moving out of FCS next year that may effect their seed chances from the committee?

Why would that even be a factor when considering seeds?

fatmonarch
November 10th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah a 2 score double digit win isn't squeaking. The committee shouldn't penalize odu for the future FBS move because we don't have an inherent advantage this season. There were no added scholarships and no new 2012 recruits after the announcement in June. That doesn't mean they won't though.

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Can't argue with ODU seeded. Watched the entire game today & ODU offense is impressive. Defense, not so much. Again, committee has a tough job here in a week.

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
SHSU hasn't played but one strong team and won all year, Central Arkansas. I think they're overrated at #3 in the GPI and the polls considering the weakness of the Southland Conference. They'll get an at-large if UCA beats E. Illinois next week, but I think they may even be playing on Thanksgiving weekend.

Here's my 5 seeds:

#1 - NDSU (need an offensive juggernaut Win against ILL St.)
#2 - Montana State (Could the Griz be spoilers?)
#3 - Old Dominion (which JMU team will show up?)
#4 - GA Southern after losing to UGA (Go Dawgs!)
#5 - Eastern Washington (if they lose to Portland St., they shouldn't even get an at-large!)

NDB
November 10th, 2012, 07:37 PM
1. Don't schedule DII teams.
2. Don't schedule two FBS teams.

ITmonarch10
November 10th, 2012, 07:40 PM

I still can't believe Sam Houston did both.xcoffeex

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I still can't believe Sam Houston did both.xcoffeex

Isn't there an emoticon where it smacks itself in the forehead?

BEAR
November 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I'll have to agree with that. Sam scheduled themselves out of a seed the way they did no matter how good they are playing. Now if they beat A&M...

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Trust me, neither can we. With the departure of both Texas State & UTSA, we were dealt a tough hand. However, I still think the committee wants the best teams seeded. Speaking of mediocre competition, with the exception of a one win crappy South Dakota team, NDSU is 3-1 in their last 4 games with an avg margin of victory of 19-7. Oh, and those teams have a combined record of 22-18.

No disputing NDSU's seed (probably #1) but to hear the alternative is just funny. I'll take a date in the Fargo Dome anyway. Kats are playing lights out & need to even the score from last year. Attack away as I realize this is NDSU's 2nd message board until they lose out in the playoffs.

Gil Dobie
November 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM
The committee will look at SAM as 7-1.

DSUrocks07
November 10th, 2012, 08:03 PM

Its A&M....xwhistlex

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Eh, we'll take what the committee decides & continue to play the games. On another note, I need my Houston Texans to beat the Bears in Chicago tomorrow night. The city of Chicago owes the entire nation an apology for the next 4 years & I hope my Bulls on Parade take revenge on Cutler.

Toodles.

stevdock
November 10th, 2012, 08:04 PM

Why should SHSU be ranked above UCA?? Don't know either schedule all that well. Who is your signature win THIS season??

CopperCat
November 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Sam absolutely does not get a seed.

NDB
November 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM
we were dealt a tough hand.

SHSU scheduled those games.

This has nothing to do with NDSU or anybody else.

344Johnson
November 10th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Trust me, neither can we. With the departure of both Texas State & UTSA, we were dealt a tough hand. However, I still think the committee wants the best teams seeded. Speaking of mediocre competition, with the exception of a one win crappy South Dakota team, NDSU is 3-1 in their last 4 games with an avg margin of victory of 19-7. Oh, and those teams have a combined record of 22-18.

No disputing NDSU's seed (probably #1) but to hear the alternative is just funny. I'll take a date in the Fargo Dome anyway. Kats are playing lights out & need to even the score from last year. Attack away as I realize this is NDSU's 2nd message board until they lose out in the playoffs.

NDSU has lost 1 game. And won 9 division one games as opposed to 7.

SHSU scheduled those games.

This has nothing to do with NDSU or anybody else.

Bisonwinagn
November 10th, 2012, 08:13 PM
SAM is 2nd in the GPI and 3rd in the polls...can't see why they wouldn't get a seed unless a loss to A&M drops them a bunch.

atlfcsfan
November 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
It wouldnt suprise me if they were seeded. they can make a good case for being seeded. Some try and argue about they only have 7 FCS wins, but the committee looks at your losses. And they would have only 1 FCS loss. They can make as good of case as about a half dozen other teams for the 3-5 seeds

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2012, 08:16 PM

Look at the strength from top to bottom in the MVFC...there are 8 of the 10 teams listed in the top 30 of the GPI. This means that we're going to beat up on each other and end up with 1 or 2 teams to stay above the carnage while 5-6 teams end up within 1-2 games of .500 and 2 teams are the doormats. That's why only NDSU & UNI made the playoffs last year and 3 MVFC teams with 6 wins were watching the playoffs on TV. On the other hand, the Southland Conference has 4 of the 7 teams listed below the MVFC's 8th ranked team in the GPI.

DJnva
November 10th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Can't argue with ODU seeded. Watched the entire game today & ODU offense is impressive. Defense, not so much. Again, committee has a tough job here in a week.

Yeah. Their defense is weird. It's (or was as of a week ago) the #1 red zone defense in the CAA. But they give up big plays left and right. The first 2 W&M TDs were long passes, the third came after a long pass play and a pass interference on a long pass. They did hold W&M to 3 in the second half.

But that's not what this thread is about--the committee will have an interesting time...

MSUBobcat
November 10th, 2012, 08:19 PM

This. You want 2 money games, fine. But don't schedule a non-counter. And also take care of business in conference. Eliminates a lot of problems when it comes to playoffs and/or seeding. Finishing with 7 DI wins and not even winning your own conference, yet expecting a seed, seems a little optimistic to me.

Wallace
November 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Look good against the Aggies and you will make the committee squirm about giving you a seed when you did not get your conference AQ.

Mattymc727
November 10th, 2012, 08:49 PM
At 9-2 and the CAA champs, i would think UNH has a shot at that 5th seed

Appattk
November 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I think that 5th seed is going to be one huge brawl between SHSU, UNH, AND GSU... All three bring some pretty darn good resumes to the table..

Might give the edge to either UNH or GSU only to get another seed on the East Coast....