PDA

View Full Version : Big South to get two teams in the post-season?

kdinva
November 10th, 2012, 06:03 PM
With Liberty's defeat of Stony Brook, Stony finishes the conf. at 5-1. CCU should win at home next week vs. Chuck South, and finish 5-1. Should Liberty win at VMI, they finish 5-1. I think then CCU wins the auto-bid on the 4th tie-breaker (3-0 in conf. away games).........should either CCU or Liberty lose next week, Stony wins the auto-bid.......but to me Stony Brook is in @ 9-2.

DJnva
November 10th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Wait, I kept hearing how Stony Brook was underrated...

superman7515
November 10th, 2012, 06:06 PM
There's going to be some ticked off people on Selection Sunday. Not saying it will be the Big South, but if everyone who feels "sure" they will get in, gets in, there will be 40 teams in the playoffs this season. It's been a wild one.

WileECoyote06
November 10th, 2012, 06:07 PM
wow. . .

skinny_uncle
November 10th, 2012, 06:49 PM
There's going to be some ticked off people on Selection Sunday. Not saying it will be the Big South, but if everyone who feels "sure" they will get in, gets in, there will be 40 teams in the playoffs this season. It's been a wild one.
I'm sure some folks will be surprised.

Sly Fox
November 10th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Having been through the process of trying to get in as a Big South at-large, I don't have a lot of faith in the committee giving any love to lower tier leagues.

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I'll say this .. UNH better win the autobid because at 8-3, I just have no idea. There's more "locks" than spots right now.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
CCU beats Chuck South: CCU wins autobid (3-0 in away games)
Chuck South beats CCU and Liberty beats VMI: Liberty wins autobid (head-to-head against Stony Brook)
Chuck South beats CCU and VMI beats Liberty: Stony Brook wins autobid (only 1-loss team)

jaghatai
November 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM
It's going to be tough to find a spot for SBU. At 9-2, with an FBS win and a win over 2 auto-bids, it's not a lock they're out, but those last bunch of at-large bids are going to be tight.

And if VMI beats Liberty, and Coastal beats Chuck South, SBU gets the auto-bid (Liberty 4-2, CCU 5-1, SBU 5-1, SBU wins head to head tiebreak over Coastal)

Wallace
November 10th, 2012, 08:28 PM
At 9-2, with an FBS win and a win over 2 auto-bids, it's not a lock they're out, but those last bunch of at-large bids are going to be tight.

Exactly. Should a three-way tie happen, the Chanticleers will get the Big South's automatic bid based on a tie-breaker of conference road wins. If Liberty loses next week, Stony Brook will get the automatic bid based on a head-to-head tie-breaker against Coastal, regardless of the Coastal outcome.

SBU is a valid at-large with a few others.