PDA

View Full Version : SoCon versus SEC week

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Does Samford have a chance against against Kentucky?
Will Robert Kass be back to play against South Carolina?
Will Dominique Swope be available for GSU against Georgia?
Can Western Carolina keep it respectable for at least a half?

How competitive can GSU and Wofford be with those players in the game?

Replaced Mitch Allen with Kass. Oops.

Eagle22
November 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Yes. No. Yes. No. No.

Mitch Allen graduated, so that is a definite no. I'd like to see Samford knock off Kentucky and make an argument for getting in the playoff talk.

How competitive GSU will be vs. UGA remains to be seen, but I mainly want our defense to hold UGA to fewer points than Auburn and VanGorder's defense does ;)

OL FU
November 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I could look it up but who is WCU playgin

GATA_Eagles
November 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I could look it up but who is WCU playgin

Alabama. A very angry Alabama.

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM

Does anyone else already feel a bit sorry for WCU? That's gonna be one serious ***-whoopin' they're in for.

OL FU
November 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM

Ugh

OL FU
November 10th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Does Samford have a chance against against Kentucky?
Will Mitch Allen be back to play against South Carolina?
Will Dominique Swope be available for GSU against Georgia?
Can Western Carolina keep it respectable for at least a half?

How competitive can GSU and Wofford be with those players in the game?

I don't think GSU is going to win but if there is a shot at catchin UGA sleeping, this is it. After they win the east, before the Tech game. IT is set up for a competitive 2 or 3 qtrs.

GATA_Eagles
November 10th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Does anyone else already feel a bit sorry for WCU? That's gonna be one serious ***-whoopin' they're in for.

Alabama may set a record for the most players injured in a single game. Poor WCU

Apphole
November 10th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Oh my God Bama is going to F Western worse than they've ever been F'ed before. I'm thinking FSU vs Murray State level destruction, only this time there's no storm to end their misery early. ROLL. DAMN. TIDE. xlolx

dungeonjoe
November 10th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Ugh that would be Georgia

walliver
November 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Kentucky is terrible. Samford has a shot. I wouldn't bet money on it, but it probably won't be a blow-out.

UGA will use GSU as a warm-up for GT's option. If UGA was playing anybody else the next week, there might be a letdown, but I think the dawgs are ready for this one.

I was hoping for a Breitenstein vs. Lattimore matchup, but that isn't going to happen. The real dogs have played the Ole Ball Coach close the last two times, but our offense is struggling. Our starting QB played the 1st quarter, but the 3d stringer played the last 3 quarters and OT, and to be honest, is playing as well as the starter. Our best QB is red-shirting, and our second best (the 2d team QB) is out with a knee injury. I am hoping for an upset win, but wouldn't bet any money on it (at least not any of my money).

Usually, good SEC teams play against good FCS teams. Teams they are confident they will beat, but good enough to play a decent game. Why then did Alabama schedule WCU. It would be delicious irony if WCU's only D-1 win was against Alabama, but this game will not be pretty by any means.